Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,392 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. (23500 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / Atheists Come In Here Quickly...photo! / Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by finofaya: 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
BraveGuy: N.B
Due to the nature of my business, I may not be as active as I would have like to be in the next coming months. All the best for now, it's been wonderful knowing you all, Seun, KAY17, TheBigUrban2, Weah96, gstar, finofaya, dapo777, plaetton, mazaje, Alchemist13, Apatheist, Papacypaul, and others who I may not be able to remember now, but you will be in my prayers. wink

The TRUTH of the matter is that God or the Bible doesn't need defending. How many people have challenged either or both over the centuries and have returned to ashes and dust? How many from the last century is here today to mount up the same defense? All these, that we do - debates, arguments, exchange of information - are for our own benefits, it doesn't add to God and neither does it remove from Him. As He said in one place, "He that has an ear let him hear". Everyone will get his reward for good or bad. Yes, it may sound like a cliche, that is because it is a truth that has been rehashed over the centuries, and no matter how beaten or battered truth may be, it will always remain, standing the test of time.

I wish everyone well.

I love you all.

God Bless!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvSN3dnmBw0

Okay o. Best wishes.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BrotherJohn: 9:28pm On Jul 25, 2014
Open comment to BraveGuy,

That Bob Dylan video you posted was quite interesting.

I was following all your arguments and counter-arguments. Why do you think I could have done a better job? At my age, I have come to a reasonable conclusion that sometimes, these debates are not worth it. Just as you (and I) are so convinced about our faith or the line of belief we have chosen so do others in atheism, agnosticism, islam, idolatry, and so on. There is a lot going on at the background all that we see, a secret world, where the good and bad are in conflict. I have an unflinching love for Christ, but as you may have read from my personal testimony of how I had a personal encounter with Christ in two dreams in one night and my conviction was completed.

For those who think that Christians are just brainwashed, that is simply not true. Personally, I was into esoteric arts and it was while practising these dark arts that I came to realise how powerful and unique the Bible truly is. At the time, there are some dangerous activities such as invocation of spirits that one engages in, but before you do this, you have to read Psalm 91 repeatedly for protection. I used to think why do I have ti use the Bible if the other esoteric books I was using are supposed to be much more powerful? It was all these experiences that convinced me that there is something mysteriously powerful about that Bible. And even at some 30 years of reading this Bible, I am still discovering new things daily.

Somehow, I admire some of the atheists for their quest and continually asking soul-searching questions, but I encourage them to also read the Bible instead of dismissing it by facial appeal, there is a whole lot to glean from it. Try to include it in your research and ask questions about it's contents. You must remember that the Bible is actually a compilation of 66 books and they explain each other.

Lastly, I have a video for you and your opponents to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEV5AFFcZ-s

what do you think or make of it?
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by qstar(m): 9:26am On Jul 26, 2014
BrotherJohn: Open comment to BraveGuy,

That Bob Dylan video you posted was quite interesting.

I was following all your arguments and counter-arguments. Why do you think I could have done a better job? At my age, I have come to a reasonable conclusion that sometimes, these debates are not worth it. Just as you (and I) are so convinced about our faith or the line of belief we have chosen so do others in atheism, agnosticism, islam, idolatry, and so on. There is a lot going on at the background all that we see, a secret world, where the good and bad are in conflict. I have an unflinching love for Christ, but as you may have read from my personal testimony of how I had a personal encounter with Christ in two dreams in one night and my conviction was completed.

Oh really, you encountered him? was he Caucasian, Mongolian or Ethiopian?

1 Like

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by uzoexcel(m): 2:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
BEST POST I HAVE SEEN..PERMIT ME TO QUOTE IT IN A LINK
Martian: I'm not an atheist because I don't have a reason to affirm or deny the existence of mythical creatures.
God or Gods are only found in the myths and legends of cultures, and every god that I've ever heard of is always partial to the culture that worshipped or worship it.

As is well known, the ubiquitous nature of the three desert religions is the result of wars, slavery and colonialism.
After performing the resurrection trick in ancient Israel, Jesus didn't crawl out of another virgin's a$$ in Umuahia and repeat the trick for the Igbos. No! Some europeans had to get the story first, then bring it to Africa at the point of a sword. Likewise, the Europeans didn't know about a God named Chukwu before they met the igbos.

Each story about a god sounds as far fetched as the next, so why place one culture on a pedestal and call their bullshit story factual??

Afterall, Obatala created humans from the mud in Ile-Ife, Yahweh created the first human from mud in the Garden of Eden, Zeus and the Olympians lived on Mt. Olympus, which just happens to be the biggest mountain known to the ancient Greeks.

Why should I consider Yahweh a Jewish myth, Zeus a Greek myth but Obatala has the creator of the world and everything we see?

Why do people take Obatala as a god created in the minds of ancient Yoruba spiritualists and why do people view the Greek gods as creations of clever Greek writers; but Yahweh is not the creation of some ancient Jews??

In my opinion,if there is a being responsible for what we call the universe, that being would be out of the scope of our intellectual abilities. We won't be able to discern its existence unless it makes itself or themselves known.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by mazaje1: 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
qstar:

did he look anything like the girl's painting that was posted by braveguy is another question i will like him to answer. . . .

1 Like

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BrotherJohn: 12:46am On Jul 27, 2014
mazaje1:

did he look anything like the girl's painting that was posted by braveguy is another question i will like him to answer. . . .
qstar:

Honestly, I wished I could describe Him as vivid as the painting posted by braveguy, but I guess I will disappoint everyone, possibly including braveguy, too.

In my encounter, I can't say He looked or didn't look like the painting, but somehow I just knew it was Him. It was a knowing that cannot be denied. It's a bit mysterious yet very real. The irony of it all was that I had that encounter twice in one night. The first, He was in the midst of a crowd and afterwards I woke up and mused to myself that it was only a dream and turned the other side and slept back only to see him again, but it was just the two of us and He said to me, "Follow Me". I cannot forget those words.

You may read the full story here: http://brotherjohn.org/satan-taught-me-jesus-mastered-me/

I must say, however, I am yet to see or hear anyone who has had an encounter with and would not recognize it was Him. Saul of Tarsus, who went about persecuting the followers of Jesus and throwing them into prisons like criminals, had just one encounter with him and he immediately recognized Him, "Who are you, Lord?" And He answered, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against pricks". It shocked him to the core, but he couldn't argue against what happened to him. So, if you experience it, you will become like one of us and you'd be arguing for instead of against and others will be saying to you, "It is all in your mind, you made it up or you're being hallucinogenic."
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Weah96: 2:37am On Jul 27, 2014
BrotherJohn:

In my encounter, I can't say He looked or didn't look like the painting, but somehow I just knew it was Him. It was a knowing that cannot be denied. It's a bit mysterious yet very real. The irony of it all was that I had that encounter twice in one night. The first, He was in the midst of a crowd and afterwards I woke up and mused to myself that it was only a dream and turned the other side and slept back only to see him again, but it was just the two of us and He said to me, "Follow Me". I cannot forget those words.

. So, if you experience it, you will become like one of us and you'd be arguing for instead of against and others will be saying to you, "It is all in your mind, you made it up or you're being hallucinogenic."

Was he a Caucasian or an African? This is very easy since every Christian prays to a predetermined image of Jesus which they keep in their head at all times. A variation of this image shows up in dreams, but the skin pigmentation of Jesus is usually the same as the image stored in the head of the dreamer. It's all mind control really.

1 Like

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Papacypaul(m): 9:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
A LETTER TO GOD
Dear sir, I don't know if the inhabitants of heaven share the same time zone with us here in Africa. But since it's morning over here, I say, good morning sir!
How is Junior and his virgin mama? I know Junior is sitting on the right hand side of your throne, but i don't know who's sitting on your left hand side. But whoever it is, extend my greetings to everyone.
Sir, lots of things has been puzzling my mind regarding your existence, and since I don't want to ''lean unto my own understanding''to solve this puzzle, I do implore you to bequeath to me your ''spiritual understanding,'' as panacea to this questions Sir!
I want to know where you resided before you created heaven, and i also want to know who created you?
Was Melchizedek with you before you created heaven and earth? We're told in the bible that Melchizedek had no father and mother; that he had no beginning and end (an attribute I hitherto thought was your exclusive right)!
If he had no beginning and end, how come we're told Adam was the first man you created?
You never even told us when you created hell and the other planets! You only mentioned heaven and earth! Where cometh Mars, Venus, Jupiter, Mercury, etc Pls, explain?
Your lordship sir, you said day and night was created before the Sun and Moon. How is this possible sir? It beats me hollow that you as an almighty didn't even know without the earth orbiting the sun, there would be no day and night! Ahhh! I think you need some science books to correct your mistakes sir!
You even created plants before the sun! This is a joke right? You also admonished us to eat from every plant and tree which yield seed! Including poisonous plants like Oleander, Nightshade and Hemlock?! You want us poisoned?! You didn't say this, did you? Sir, why did you keep a forbidden fruit to tempt Mr Adam And Mrs Eve when you already knew they will eat from the fruit since you are a all-knowing God? This bewilders me sir.
Why didn't you place your 'Angels' around the ''tree of good and evil'' to prevent them from eating the forbidden fruit in the first place! You forgot?
Regarding the ''curse of Eve,'' you promised every woman would endure excruciating child labour pain because of Eve sin.
Sir! Why do female hyenas face worse pain in labour than even humans? Did they ate forbidden meat or bones? Sir! Am confused.
I'm not questioning your motives sir, but you could have done better, at least to save us from this dramatic quagmire! Oh! Lest I forget, did that snake spoke Hebrew, Arabic, or Aramaic language? You dint tell us.
Every time I read the story of Noah, I wonder how a ''merciful'' father like you would drown innocent babies and animals who never offended you! That you didn't even feel remorseful about it makes me shudder!
Don't you think killing all those innocent ones together with the 'sinful ones' smacks of burning a whole house just to kill mosquitoes?
You never told us the people that were trying to kill Cain after he killed his brother. You placed a mark on him so that people won't hurt him. Who were these people, since only three people were on earth then? And... Where did Cain get his wife?!
Solomon sacrificed 22,000 oxens and 120,000 sheeps to you under one week! Sir, you must be the greatest glutton I've ever heard of!
I do agree that you're all- powerful sir because you create our world in six days! But, how do I reconcile this your omnipotence with your inability to drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron?!
If you couldn't defeat those with 'chariots of iron', What chance do you have against our present generation with high-tech defence shield, missiles and nuclear weapons? You must be joking!
Is it also true you 'stilled' the sun for Joshua to enable him see clearly to kill more people? How could that be, when we know the sun has always been stationery to earth?
Sir, replicate those 'thaumaturgies'they did during those days, now that we have video cameras! You know, this could help in making those wretched heathens see the light.
Explain to me why heaven is named NEW JERUSALEM? Explain to me why only the twelve tribes of Israel have their names inscribed on the twelve gates of heaven?! Sir! So no African tribe is good enough? You're very biased sir! And to think that you've not upgraded the weapons of angels in heaven?! Why do they still use swords; we're no longer in the Bronze age you know?
Sir! We have over 5 million hungry children starving to death around the world yearly. And considering you sent ravens to take food to Elijah and you also rained hamburger-Mannafrom heaven to feed the Israelites - why can't you feed these starving children now? I know you can do it sir!
Lastly, I see you no longer punish us for trying to reach heaven with our space ships? Remember the Tower of Babel? Don't see this as blasphemy sir, I only want you to know.

6 Likes

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by pesty100(m): 10:04am On Jul 28, 2014
Click down to survey and earn free credit
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 28, 2014
PapacyPaul, nice one.
Permission to steal share?

1 Like

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Papacypaul(m): 6:25pm On Jul 28, 2014
Yea..apatheist..granted
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 5:51am On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 9:03am On Aug 01, 2014
To the sceptics of the existence of Jesus of Nazareth, eat your heart out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bLlpiWh9-k
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 03, 2014
Papacypaul: Yea..apatheist..granted

But why don't Christians mention Melchizedek upon how important and holy he was? undecided
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Dhammyjhay(m): 7:45am On Jul 21, 2015
wha the heck is the difference btw xtians, muslims, and pagans... Nothinq... They all base their beliefs on superstitious things they can't prove... I strongly believe a world without religion will be a better place to live in...
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by cococandy(f): 7:59am On Jul 21, 2015
Jeez this thread is more than a year old now. cheesy

How time flies. When did I even join NL sef?
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Dhammyjhay(m): 8:18am On Jul 21, 2015
cococandy:
Jeez this thread is more than a year old now. cheesy

How time flies. When did I even join NL sef?

uhmm... Last year
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by cococandy(f): 8:26am On Jul 21, 2015
Dhammyjhay:

uhmm... Last year
almost 3 yrs now. Lol

Seems like yesterday.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Dhammyjhay(m): 8:45am On Jul 21, 2015
cococandy:
almost 3 yrs now. Lol
Seems like yesterday.
shocked
wow... I doubt i can stay interested in this site for that lonq...
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Dhammyjhay(m): 8:46am On Jul 21, 2015
cococandy:
almost 3 yrs now. Lol
Seems like yesterday.
shocked
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by cococandy(f): 2:17pm On Jul 21, 2015
Dhammyjhay:
shocked

there are some interesting threads like the food place ( I like cooking)
Lingerie thread
And a few other places that's always interesting.

You won't even know when the time will pass.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by pesty100(m): 8:32am On Jul 25, 2015
BraveGuy:
To the sceptics of the existence of Jesus of Nazareth, eat your heart out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bLlpiWh9-k
please send me MB to watch this video, shud i giv u my nos
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:33pm On Mar 19, 2019
GeneralShepherd:
I am here!

What made me loose faith? The inefficacy of prayers did the magic for me. If it worked god did it,if it didn't it's not god's will and if you ask questions you are damned.

It during my journey after youth service in my quest for a job that I realised god doesn't exist
Intact I landed my first job when I discarded the idea of God.

And now I've made a u-turn , lack of belief in God is stupidity
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Nobody: 3:39am On Mar 28, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

Any particular reason why you said so?

Regards.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:46am On Dec 24, 2019
GeneralShepherd:
I am here!

What made me loose faith? The inefficacy of prayers did the magic for me. If it worked god did it,if it didn't it's not god's will and if you ask questions you are damned.

It during my journey after youth service in my quest for a job that I realised god doesn't exist
Intact I landed my first job when I discarded the idea of God.

How time flies and believes change?
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Reality11: 9:44pm On Dec 24, 2019
GeneralShepherd:

Care to share why you made a u-turn?
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:58pm On Jan 01, 2020
Reality11:

Care to share why you made a u-turn?

I don't mean to insult atheists at all as to be fair almost all atheists I know base their rejection of the existence of God on sound logic.

Personally, the big question about the meaning of life brought me back to God. It wasn't about he'll or heaven but ab out existence in itself and why anything should exist instead of nothing
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by johnhood(m): 11:49pm On Jan 08, 2020
I have also turned into an atheist after I felt disappointed by God, I am thinking if there really existed a supernatural being things would have completely different.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? / Christian Man Converts To Islam In Borno State, Calls Himself Abubakar / Evangelist Mike Bamiloye: I Used To Steal & Pick The Pockets At The Age Of 7 & 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.