Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' (14469 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by extension: 12:12pm On Jul 05, 2014
The Nigeria civil war ,worst genocide ever committed by human being where soldiers throw bombs in market, hospital,churches etc.
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by coolzeal(m): 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2014
0merta:

How about the thousands of Yorubas, Hausas and other Nigerians that died on the other side of the divide?

It was a War, Nigger and all's fair in War!

Besides, the killings of the then Prime Minister, the Premiers of the North and South west and intentionally sparing the South Eastern Premier in a coup executed by IGBO Soldiers was the Genesis of the War...
Not to twist the word but you forgot to mention that Aguyi Ironsi later died from the Eastern region. I acknowledged the destruction of lives and properties other tribes encounter but hey!!!... Igbo's catch hell and had it worst in that war. Over 2 million is no joke.
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by coolzeal(m): 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
aguiyid2nd: That is nigeria for you... Always afraid of her dark past. No matter how hard they try, we the Igbos of today are fully aware of what transpired in biafra between 1967 to 1970.
It is forbidden to kill, therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. That's Nigeria civil war where the culprits are suppose to rot in jail for genocide but they walk freely among us. That's insanity.
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by zicky(m): 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2014
Nigerians should not b scared of their dark past, the authorities are the once making It look as if they are trying 2 hide something by this senseless baning of any film relating 2 d biafra war. Mayb they should also ban d boko haram movies
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by XKZ(m): 1:17pm On Jul 05, 2014
akitijackson: It was banned at first cos of the sex scenes

Nope. It was banned due to the depictions of the Nigerian Civil War.

"Some fear the film, which is seen as sympathetic to the Biafran separatist cause, could stoke up ethnic tensions"
http://bbc.com/news/world-africa-27162545
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by utenwuson: 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2014
Psalmwellcology: Have you been searching for nollywood movies like:- Room 027, IJÉ (The Journey), Mr & Mrs, Two Brides And A Baby, House Of Gold, Pretty Liars, Last Flight To Abuja, Mad Sex, Azonto Classics, Shakira; WAZO, Ipe, Diamond, Ahon, Latifat, Ijoba Ose Kan, Aranbada, Akisa, Adebimpe, Oritoke, Kijipa Ife, Salako Alagbe,........ Etc?!!!
Download these and more here:-
http://downloadsloft.wapka.mobi
NO registration needed.... Just download as you please.
I ll download n when it reached 1.17mb it ll stop n says error
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by Psalmwellcology: 1:38pm On Jul 05, 2014
utenwuson: I ll download n when it reached 1.17mb it ll stop n says error

which browser do you use?! Try Uc browser. www.ucweb.com
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by meforyou1(m): 1:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
coolzeal: "The movie, which had been previously banned over partially taking place during the Biafran War". The war existed, it's our history and over 2 million Igbo's lost their lives. i wonder why they have not probe the culprits of that war/genocide.
awolowo must be tried in the Hague. Obasanjo and go won can only be tried by God almighty. Evil war criminals.
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by DrObum(m): 2:20pm On Jul 05, 2014
You can't hide nor suppress history! By banning that movie, they unknowingly gave it a bigger publicity and people are now salivating to catch a glimpse of the movie!
Well done Adichie!
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by Godwinsilas(m): 2:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
coolzeal: "The movie, which had been previously banned over partially taking place during the Biafran War". The war existed, it's our history and over 2 million Igbo's lost their lives. i wonder why they have not probe the culprits of that war/genocide.

You mean only Igbos dead?
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by eaglechild: 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2014
youngRx: but seriously.....i dont tink releasing the movie is such a good idea fa. reading the violence in the novel alone made me hv an entirely different impression about the north....some sort of hatred so to say....den i stoped reading d book.
considering the fact that many nigerians dnt like reading novels i bet many dnt knw d content of d book. makin it into a movie wil giv many access to d content and u can guess d type of bad blood its gona cause between d easterners and northerners. its jst gona stir up bad memories which we hv tried so hard to forget. i tink dey shud kip d film on hold for somtym except if d film is not as violent as d book. i remenber a recent occurence in ABU were a particular novel was recomended for 100level english and comm skills. d book almost caused a riot becos it content brought bk bad memories of d wrong don to the north (or so i heard) d skul hs to witdraw d novel n recomend a new one for dem. pls nigerians are very sentimental piple; quick to react so lets not bring bk d bad memories pls. tnk u
Some things can never be swept under the carpet.

Besides you are naive to think that people do not know what happened during the war, heck, the people who fought in the war are still alive and the memories are evergreen.

SEasterners value human life and will not go on a killing spree because of a movie that reiterates what they have always known.

The movie tells history as it is and should be accepted in good fate to help bring some form of closure.
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by Trendy4gud(f): 5:34pm On Jul 05, 2014
Finally, Naija censor's board has to follow suit since the movie has been globally known.
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by freshness2020: 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
SpartanQueen: Which American counterpart?
the Nigerian version has been censored and some captivating parts has bn edited unlike the one for the American Audience !
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by CeiW5k: 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2014
Little Bit...
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by egesie(m): 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2014
airedales: [img]http://2.bp..com/-OpAqy6Wcboc/U7cy7Ge4LdI/AAAAAAAALfQ/p-gcIgDMbWM/s1600/half-of-a-yellow-sun.png[/img]
One of the most-awaited films of this year in Nigeria "Half of a Yellow Sun" has been finally approved by the Nigerian Film and Video Censors Board (NFVCB).

According to Premium Times, it was made known on Friday. The movie, which had been previously banned over partially taking place during the Biafran War, will be allowed to watch only by those 18 of age.
continue............

This movie, along with more than 70 other Nollywood films was tagged "18 and above" by the censorship board.

It would be recalled that the story with ban of "Half of a Yellow Sun" caused mass disappoinment with the decision. Specifically, by the novel author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, who characterized the move as "absurd".

Months after the controversies surrounding the novel-based film, it was finally approved as the one "fulfilling the regulatory conditions stipulated by the NFVCB".
More hot news @ http://www..com/2014/07/finally-nigerian-censors-approve-half.html
Finally
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by cheguevera: 9:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
DUMB MOTHERFUCKAS. AFTER THE WHOLE WORLD HAS SEEN THE MOVIE
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by extension: 12:06am On Jul 06, 2014
No respect even to the dead in Nigeria. Thats why some brainless heads in Nigeria will compare Boko Haram to Biafra war.
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by waxdude: 12:54am On Jul 06, 2014
Dem don tire? NAAANSENSE*rolled eyez*
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by ChynoBEATS: 4:05am On Jul 06, 2014
undecided Dat NFVCB that iz been governed By bunch of inappropriate UnRuly Cabal Of Selfish slowPoke's ..who don't knw wat it means to be In such Highly placed PapasCucous "does that word exist" cheesy sorry I mean in such Institution... Those abnormal bunch of validated ignoramos .. Who go Abt gvin licence to bunch of ill fated Movies with even screening Them..... Thank God That those Mumu's...hv given this lady the licence to release her Movie.... na GOD save that their indecent corrupt ass ... :-/ ... I4 boko them cheesy ... Bad belle pple...
Re: Nigerian Censors Approve 'half Of A Yellow Sun' by Seamareggae(m): 8:10am On Jul 06, 2014
Anybody with download link to the movie... Pls help a dude nd drop it help...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INFLUENCER - Brodashaggi, Groovy & Diiadem (Video) / Chiwetel Ejiofor Nominated For A Golden Globe! / Help The Moderator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.