Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT (21820 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Slain Boko Haram Militants In A Recent Military Attack / Fashola Condemns Attacks On Jonathan / Fashola Condemns Blocking Of Major Roads During Dame Patience's Visit To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 05, 2014
The action involves many soldiers, its impossible for any one to identify anyone, so 4get about finding a scape goat
Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by maclatunji: 9:11am On Jul 05, 2014
Gbade60: Dey just wana set d standard, I rep. Nigerian Military... Nd dat's d standard

Wow...what high standards you have...
Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by luvinhubby(m): 9:15am On Jul 05, 2014
Soldiers, especially Nigeria millitary should NOT react or behave in the manner those soldiers did yesterday and their actions are very condemnable, you do not take laws into your hands because the victim is one of your own.
But on the other hand, those BRT drivers are reckless are lawless in their driving. They drive with so much recklessness and impunity that they make danfo drivers look like diving-saints in comparison to them, they drive at neck-breaking speed and are not cautious about pedestrians that could stray into their corridors, even in areas of high human traffic.
Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by chucky234(m): 9:21am On Jul 05, 2014
ajibolabd: These fools are high on sometin. because brt bus mistakenly killed on of u while begging for 20naira, thats why they re behaving like animals. Boko haram is killing u everyday, bleeping ur wives yet u cant go confront them. Timid silly idiots.
Too many uncircumcized chronic clod on this forum, is your wretched family the ones facing the Boko Haram in the last three whole years?
The same soldiers you call names are the ones who left their families to sleep in forest fighting the menace while you sit your wretched bottom in the comfort of your face-me-I-slap-you apartment.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by chickenjyd: 9:23am On Jul 05, 2014
Come and have a taste of our delicious Shawarma and Noodles with vegetables @ 7,Ogundana Street,off Allen Avenue Ikeja. Call 08181134887 for home delivery,order and outdoor services. We are opening on Monday (07/07/2014)@ 10:00am.
Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by Akinsbobo2(m): 9:33am On Jul 05, 2014
Gbade60: Dey just wana set d standard, I rep. Nigerian Military... Nd dat's d standard

What standard are you talking about
Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by ShakurM(m): 10:13am On Jul 05, 2014
chucky234: Too many uncircumcized chronic clod on this forum, is your wretched family the ones facing the Boko Haram in the last three whole years?
The same soldiers you call names are the ones who left their families to sleep in forest fighting the menace while you sit your wretched bottom in the comfort of your face-me-I-slap-you apartment.
I agree with you on that,but that's insultive for a start.
Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by ShakurM(m): 10:16am On Jul 05, 2014
chickenjyd: Come and have a taste of our delicious Shawarma and Noodles with vegetables @ 7,Ogundana Street,off Allen Avenue Ikeja. Call 08181134887 for home delivery,order and outdoor services. We are opening on Monday (07/07/2014)@ 10:00am.
Do you do inter-state delivery?
Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by Yemlizzy(f): 10:20am On Jul 05, 2014
Such a condemnable act!

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by anufinnih(m): 10:50am On Jul 05, 2014
Meanwhile, PURE & AFFORDABLE .85 DENSITY DIESEL IS AVAILABLE...
CALL/WHATSAPP: 07062503257
Email: aphynih@gmail.com
BBpin: 2900FFD3
AVAILABLE FOR DELIVERY WITHIN LAGOS, OGUN, OYO, ONDO, OSUN & EKITI
Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by shejane: 11:20am On Jul 05, 2014
They did that because is APC state knowing that Gej will supporrt them

Fools
Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by myspnigeria: 11:26am On Jul 05, 2014
E for support am before?
Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by babestella: 12:17pm On Jul 05, 2014
We are quick to blame our soldiers. I am not in support of what the army did, but the question we should be asking is what led to this chaos. If the soldiers reacted this way, there must be a cause.

Have you ever had a close experience with a BRT bus driver? The BRT driver don't care who you are or what car you drive, they will run you over. I had a close shave with one at the stadium intersection coming, guess what? I waited for the green light to pass me and when it did, i moved on, before getting into the intersection, a BRT that was supposed to obey the traffic light, never bothered, he came straight on towards my car at full speed. I had to step on my gas to move swiftly because he was just ready to run my car over. I shouted out like "don't you obey the traffic light? he verbally abused me in his language and moved on. I was shocked to my marrow. That was not the first time, I have seen where a BRT ran a lady's car on that same intersection about 3 to 4 months ago, it really damaged the lady's car, and people Thanked God for saving the woman's life, it would have been a different story today. Anyone who lives in Surulere can attest to this, because it really caused terrible traffic issue that morning. BRT drivers are completely and irresponsibly reckless. Same goes with some white buses with an inscription "Owolowo" Their drivers are always drunk on cheap alcohol and lots of weed.

So I think the cause should be addressed in depth. If a BRT drivers sees a soldier driving or riding a motorbike on BRT lane, he doesn't need to run him over just to prove a point, this life we live is only but for once, it has no duplicate, if you take someone's life, you should expect a violent reaction from his sympathizers much less a soldier for that matter. Please let's start addressing real issues here and not just say things because we have access to a computer and the internet.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by amobii: 1:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
shaggy007: Come on Guv, even if there are pictures clearly showing soldiers vandalizing the buses....it's not the military, it's area boys. Ask the military spokesman.

you think so, and nobody was able to film the area boys, at least I hv seen a pictures of soldiers surrounding the brt, we didn't see any area boys near there.
Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by shaggy007(m): 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2014
amobii:

you think so, and nobody was able to film the area boys, at least I hv seen a pictures of soldiers surrounding the brt, we didn't see any area boys near there.

That was a sarcastic statement. Don't take it literally. I was mocking the Army spokesman that's why I said "...even if there are pictures CLEARLY showing soldiers vandalizing the buses...". The army thinks we are stvpid.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2014
babestella: We are quick to blame our soldiers. I am not in support of what the army did, but the question we should be asking is what led to this chaos. If the soldiers reacted this way, there must be a cause.

Have you ever had a close experience with a BRT bus driver? The BRT driver don't care who you are or what car you drive, they will run you over. I had a close shave with one at the stadium intersection coming, guess what? I waited for the green light to pass me and when it did, i moved on, before getting into the intersection, a BRT that was supposed to obey the traffic light, never bothered, he came straight on towards my car at full speed. I had to step on my gas to move swiftly because he was just ready to run my car over. I shouted out like "don't you obey the traffic light? he verbally abused me in his language and moved on. I was shocked to my marrow. That was not the first time, I have seen where a BRT ran a lady's car on that same intersection about 3 to 4 months ago, it really damaged the lady's car, and people Thanked God for saving the woman's life, it would have been a different story today. Anyone who lives in Surulere can attest to this, because it really caused terrible traffic issue that morning. BRT drivers are completely and irresponsibly reckless. Same goes with some white buses with an inscription "Owolowo" Their drivers are always drunk on cheap alcohol and lots of weed.

So I think the cause should be addressed in depth. If a BRT drivers sees a soldier driving or riding a motorbike on BRT lane, he doesn't need to run him over just to prove a point, this life we live is only but for once, it has no duplicate, if you take someone's life, you should expect a violent reaction from his sympathizers much less a soldier for that matter. Please let's start addressing real issues here and not just say things because we have access to a computer and the internet.
Guy stop speaking from both sides of your mouth "you are not in support but.........." But what? What kind of reasoning is that.
Is this the first time soldiers or other military personnel are assaulting civilians or even police.?? Are you new to the country.
The simple issue is that our military personnel lack discipline and are NOT TRAINED on how to relate to civilians,civilian populations and civil institutions. More importantly at the back of their minds is the KNOWLEDGE that there WILL BE NO CONSEQUENCES for their actions.
You seem to be suggesting that somehow it is right to take the law into one's hands,that mob action,vigilante justice is right.
There is no need to focus on the behaviour of BRT drivers in this case . Whatever might have happened and we have not seen any authoritative reports on that we must have the RULE OF LAW. We cannot have the RULE OF MIGHT.
None of those countries which we would like to emulate would tolerate this. Even if a soldier is gunned down the maximum I would expect is to arrest a suspect. Why harass and beat members of the public? Why burn public property?. Training is a repetitive process in any successful organization.Personnel need to imbibe the right culture and attitudes.The culture of our military is one of indiscipline,impunity and disregard for civil authority. This needs to change and there is need for a long term strategy on how to achieve this.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by Galadimabawa: 3:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
Abeg make I hear word
Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by babestella: 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
iwonbaoko:
Guy stop speaking from both sides of your mouth "you are not in support but.........." But what? What kind of reasoning is that.
Is this the first time soldiers or other military personnel are assaulting civilians or even police.?? Are you new to the country.
The simple issue is that our military personnel lack discipline and are NOT TRAINED on how to relate to civilians,civilian populations and civil institutions. More importantly at the back of their minds is the KNOWLEDGE that there WILL BE NO CONSEQUENCES for their actions.
You seem to be suggesting that somehow it is right to take the law into one's hands,that mob action,vigilante justice is right.
There is no need to focus on the behaviour of BRT drivers in this case . Whatever might have happened and we have not seen any authoritative reports on that we must have the RULE OF LAW. We cannot have the RULE OF MIGHT.
None of those countries which we would like to emulate would tolerate this. Even if a soldier is gunned down the maximum I would expect is to arrest a suspect. Why harass and beat members of the public? Why burn public property?. Training is a repetitive process in any successful organization.Personnel need to imbibe the right culture and attitudes.The culture of our military is one of indiscipline,impunity and disregard for civil authority. This needs to change and there is need for a long term strategy on how to achieve this.

Guy, you couldn't have said it better. In my post, I never suggested that the actions of the military was justified, I do not support what they did much less backing their actions. I know they are totally disrespectful towards the general public/civilians. I don't particularly like uniform personnel, but my submission is such that action calls for an action, if the BRT bus driver had taken some cautious steps in the cause of discharging his own duty, this chaos too would have been averted. A man who knows how dangerous lions are would wisely avoid their den, it's a case of walking into a lions den and expect the lions not to react. We all know how bullish and disrespectful our uniform men are, do we go on testing their ego?

I mind the way I approach armed policemen because he does not have respect for human life, neither does he value any, he could take anyone's life and the police authorities will try to cover the case. We all know what is obtainable in our dear country.
Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2014
babestella:

Guy, you couldn't have said it better. In my post, I never suggested that the actions of the military was justified, I do not support what they did much less backing their actions. I know they are totally disrespectful towards the general public/civilians. I don't particularly like uniform personnel, but my submission is such that action calls for an action, if the BRT bus driver had taken some cautious steps in the cause of discharging his own duty, this chaos too would have been averted. A man who knows how dangerous lions are would wisely avoid their den, it's a case of walking into a lions den and expect the lions not to react. We all know how bullish and disrespectful our uniform men are, do we go on testing their ego?

I mind the way I approach armed policemen because he does not have respect for human life, neither does he value any, he could take anyone's life and the police authorities will try to cover the case. We all know what is obtainable in our dear country.

Sorry but your submission lacks sense. "A man who knows lions are dangerous stays away from the lion's den" So the BRT driver went to search for a soldier so as to kill him.
Have yo confirmed that a soldier died and the cause of death
There is a right time to say the wrong thing. Unless you have access to special information, the truth is that information about what actually happened to the soldier is unclear. We do not know whether a BRT driver was involved or not.
Even if that was the case you do not go to the house of someone visited by armed robbers to say why did he keep cash in his house.
Let us assume that the BRT have killed a soldier what about the members of the public who were brutalised??
You have not offered any meaningful suggestions about the way forward instead you are offering meaningless platitudes. The truth is that the soldiers are badly trained and that is what needs to be addressed.It is not so complicated. The army should also pay for the damage and the culprits sacked.That needs to come from the CIC. If things like this happen and the CIC does not talk that means it is okay. Culprits should be punished consistently and predictably. Even in football players are often tempted to fight each other and some do but many do not because there are consequences.
All that is needed is exemplary leadership,training and a predictable reward system.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by Jesusloveyou: 6:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
By now d millitary should be ashame,dey suppose to hide inside bush.
Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by debbleopto: 8:11pm On Jul 05, 2014
babadem2much: UNKOWN SOLDIERS. DAZZ ALL

the military is right. Any soldier that wear uniform but respect not the uniform, behaving unruly is purely a THUG. He can not try that during Gen. Idiagbon period.
Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by SkySpirit(m): 11:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
what's wrong with Fashola? So the penalty for using BRT lane is death!? Common the law is for everyone soldiers inclusive. nothing would happen to the soldiers cause they are unknown.
Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by tit(f): 12:07am On Jul 06, 2014
Fashola!
where is the Eko CCTV you spent billions of naira doing?
Is it not working?
Get the pictures of the soldiers rioting from the CCTV.
Or is the Eko CCTV not working?
What of the command and control center?
No input?
Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by Elander: 7:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
Loss of live, be it accidental or natural, is an occurence which is sure to trigger a range of emotions, and obviously miltary personnel are not immune to emotions.
The military and indeed the generality of Nigerians, would obvious be pained by this loss. However, the foregoing does not justify the actions of the military in vandalising public property. Quite a number of nigerians have lost their lifes in circumstances far from accidental. If Nigerians went on vandalisation sprees everytime security agents carried out extra judicial killings, which are oftentimes attributed to 'accidental discharge', there would probably be nothing left for the soldiers to vandalise. The soldiers' act of destroying government property-buses in retaliation of the death of their colleague is totally lawless, unethical and denigrading of their status. Accidental deaths occur and as Nigerians- civilan and military, we owe it to ourselves to help each other get through the pain. We can only try our best to prevent a recurrence. The Lagos state government should herald the proactive measures in this instance.
Before now there have been calls from various quarters for the Lagos state government to caution the BRT drivers as regards their reckless driving. Hopefully, this incident will stir the government to take some correcttive steps.
The lagos state government should make sure that drivers employed are individuals of good character, well trained, they should also undergo thorough customer relations training, as they have also fell short of standard in that aspect. The military should comport themself with utmost professionalism befitting their status as custodians of the law, this trust should not be broken arbitrarily. The military is essentially positioned to protect the country from all forms of external and internal aggression; anything beside this is unacceptable.
Re: Governor Fashola Condemns Military Attack On BRT by tit(f): 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
BRT are APC ritual killers!
That is why Thief Fash ole is defending them.
Just today they have killed another three innocent Lagosians.
Thief nubu and Fash ole have transformed Eko City to Maga City!
We need to get our freedom back.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Independence Day Celebrations Of The 1970s And 1980s (Videos and Memories). / Alleged Fraud: Magu May Be Recommended For Demotion / PDP Members Who Sabotaged Jonathan’s Ambition Will Be Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.