Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Go Language - Lets Learn Together - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Go Language - Lets Learn Together (1298 Views)

Lets Learn C# Here!(study Group For Beginners) / Are you Learning C++? Let's learn together then! / Lets Learn Java Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Go Language - Lets Learn Together by mruwaifo(m): 3:47am On Jul 05, 2014
Any one interested in learning this modern programming language from google ? I am . And would appreciate contributions from all .
I welcome suggestions of a project theme that will guide us in our venture into this language .

So what is Go or Golang( Go Language) ?

Golang is server side technology that you can use to build server side applications that gives you a great interprocess distributed communication network. Say you're building a Q based system that needs to be highly reliable across a number of different machines, Golang is the way to go.
Re: Go Language - Lets Learn Together by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 05, 2014
I would only be interested if I know the application, don't want to learn for learning sake. What type of apps can it build that others can't efficiently?
Re: Go Language - Lets Learn Together by mruwaifo(m): 8:16pm On Jul 10, 2014
Go is a fast-compiled, garbage-collected, concurrent systems programming language. It has the following advantages:
Compiles a large project within a few seconds.
Provides a software development model that is easy to reason about, avoiding most of the problems that caused by C-style header files.
Is a static language that does not have levels in its type system, so users do not need to spend much time dealing with relations between types. It is more like a lightweight object-oriented language.
Performs garbage collection. It provides basic support for concurrency and communication.
Designed for multi-core computers.
Go is a compiled language. It combines the development efficiency of interpreted or dynamic languages with the security of static languages. It is going to be the language of choice for the modern multi-core computers with networking. For these purposes, there are some problems
that have to be resolved in language itself, such as a richly expressive lightweight type system, concurrency, and strictly regulated garbage collection. For quite some time, no packages or tools have come out that have solved all of these problems pragmatically; thus was born the
motivation for the Go language.
Re: Go Language - Lets Learn Together by elvis10ten(m): 11:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
Ride on.
Re: Go Language - Lets Learn Together by y4code(m): 7:16pm On Sep 06, 2014
Interested

1 Like

Re: Go Language - Lets Learn Together by NEEDRIMA: 12:20am On Dec 31, 2020
pcguru1:
I would only be interested if I know the application, don't want to learn for learning sake. What type of apps can it build that others can't efficiently?

Try it for web apps and you will be amazed at it's blazing fast speed and "easy to write and maintain" code

1 Like

Re: Go Language - Lets Learn Together by jendy36(m): 2:50pm On Jan 03, 2021
Is this thread still active?

(1) (Reply)

Oracle Database Management / Mobile Data Collection With Handheld Devices - Smart Phones, Tablets And Laptops / I Need Help On Php Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.