Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Nigerian Graduates In The Uk. Please Help! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Graduates In The Uk. Please Help! (782 Views)

Theresa May To 'kick Out Foreign Graduates' In New UK Immigration Plans / How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk / Another Reason Why Nigerian Graduates Shouldn't Come To England (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Graduates In The Uk. Please Help! by frenchman(m): 11:02am On Oct 07, 2008
I intend to start my Masters Degree next January in a UK University, but the issue is, I am still considered as an international student in terms of tution fees after spending over 3 years in UK on work permit.
Is there any university in the UK that can waive this for me, since I have stayed legally in UK for over 3 years.
Your comment and advise will be appreciated
Re: Nigerian Graduates In The Uk. Please Help! by frenchman(m): 11:22pm On Oct 10, 2008
Anyone with useful info, pls?
Re: Nigerian Graduates In The Uk. Please Help! by debosky(m): 12:20pm On Oct 11, 2008
This topic will likely get better responses in the travel section so It'll be moved there. wink

AK, Londoncool and other gurus in the house please help out a brother.
Re: Nigerian Graduates In The Uk. Please Help! by Akolawole(m): 3:04pm On Oct 11, 2008
@Mr French

Even if you stay in UK for 10 years on work permit, you will still pay the foreign student fees.

I once had a BIG ARGUMENT with Finance Unit of a UK University few years ago about the meaning of the 3 years rule, it was so hot that i was reffered to UKCOSA who trained them.

The Rule says " 3 Years Ordinarily resident". I think they use wrong english though. Their meaning of it is you must have ILR and for 3 years(wrong interpretation /wrong english in my own Naija english though undecided)

1) Are you still on Work permit visa?

2) Why can't you try Part-time of the same course but now in a different University?

(1) (Reply)

Register For Two 2nights Beach Experience For All Students / What Is Your Nigerian Dream? / Can Anyone Please Tell Me When The Us Embassy Is Going For Xmas Break?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.