Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,131 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin (2050 Views)

Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex May Soon Be Renamed As "The Globalcom Arena" / Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! / Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by Engnrcollins(m): 8:08am On Jul 05, 2014
A National Confab, Chief Mike Ozekhome,on July 3, suggested to change the name Nigeria to 'Airegin' because the present name of the country was twisted by the colonialists and a new one would make a clean brake from the past.
During a debate on report of committee on Political Restructuring and Forms of Government with Gen. Ike Nwachukwu and Mohammed Umara Kumalia, the co-Chairmen of the committee, Ozekhome also proposed to change the present National Anthem to the former and older one which was written by Taiwo Akinwumi.
He also suggested the old flag that was designed with the rising sun on it to be re-introduced against the backdrop that it was peculiar with all parts of the country.
According to him, with all these changes, Nigeria would wash off the colonial legacy."I want to move that this conference should consider changing the name of the country to reflect our originality. The name Nigeria was a colonial imposition which must be corrected. The name was given to the country by Lady Flora Shaw who later became Lady Lugard."
"The country was known formally as the Southern and Northern Protectorates before the name change. It was changed because they said it was too long for them to pronounce. I suggested that the name should bechanged from Nigeria to Airegin. It was just gotten when you write the name Nigeria from 'Right to Left'."
Ozekhome wan't the first one who suggested to change the name of the country. Earlier, another delegate of the ongoing National Conference, Dr Agwu Ukiwe Okali, suggested to change the name of the country from Nigeria to 'Naijiria'in order to spare the country further "setbacks and embarrassment" in the international arena.
Ozekhome also supported the idea of the additional state given to the South East geo-political zone, saying that it will integrate the zone into the system.
Source: http://www.entnaija.com/2014/07/why-nigeria-should-be-renamed-as-airegin.html
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by ggrin(f): 9:12am On Jul 05, 2014
. Incasewinkcheesy
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by 1shortblackboy: 9:19am On Jul 05, 2014
I laff in Naijiria
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by inforesource: 10:15am On Jul 05, 2014
I hope these confab guys are serious? You want to change the name "Nigeria" and the best you can think of is flipping it, airegiN"? I sure that confab isn't a comedy show?

Pls let be serious for once.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by DONMAYOR19(m): 10:52am On Jul 05, 2014
In case too.... grin grin grin
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by mencade5(m): 11:59am On Jul 05, 2014
Narional confab = bunch of heediots!
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
I only want possibly coat of arms '' the two horses and the eagle'' to be inscribed in the national flag ..

Also,

Rising sun/moon surrounded by stars can also be inscribed in the white part of the flag

The national flag looks dull without any inscription in the middle !

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by mickyarams: 12:12pm On Jul 05, 2014
How about Naijiristan or Fedral corruption republic?

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by mrjangaweed: 1:10pm On Jul 05, 2014
mickyarams: How about Naijiristan or Fedral corruption republic?
Shatap

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by cjrane: 2:45pm On Jul 05, 2014
Nigeria should be renamed Anumgbada. I don't agree with the Ogboni cult name Airegin
If we want a more modern name then remain it New England!
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by mickyarams: 3:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
mrjangaweed:
Shatap
Is that your ret*rd father??
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by mrjangaweed: 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2014
mickyarams:
Is that your ret*rd father??

May thunder strike your parents dead
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by mickyarams: 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2014
mrjangaweed:

May thunder strike your parents dead

out of millions of sperm, a slowpoke like you was the fastest??
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by mrjangaweed: 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
mickyarams:

out of millions of sperm, a slowpoke like you was the fastest??

You are a son of a prostitute and an arm robber so go and Bleep your mama as usual
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by mickyarams: 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2014
mrjangaweed:

You are a son of a prostitute and an arm robber so go and Bleep your mama as usual

You must have been born on a highway because that's where most accidents happen. It's a shame your birth certificate was an apology letter from the condom factory. Silly cretin!
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by mickyarams: 4:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by mrjangaweed: 4:54pm On Jul 05, 2014
mickyarams:

You must have been born on a highway because that's where most accidents happen. It's a shame your birth certificate was an apology letter from the condom factory. Silly cretin!

You are a waste sperm a good for noting fool. And deserve to die.

I mrjangaweed therefore sentence you to death by bombing grin
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by odinma1: 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
I cannot believe that the leader of Umuigbo at the Confab- Maj Gen (Rtd) Ike Omar Mohammed Nwachukwu would subscribe to this kind of nonsense.

What Nigeria needs is not a change in name but change in attitude.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by mickyarams: 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
mrjangaweed:

You are a waste sperm a good for noting fool. And deserve to die.

I mrjangaweed therefore sentence you to death by bombing grin

Try to read what you've just typed over again and see if you can make any sense of it. How did you even get on this forum in the first place? Did someone leave the cage open?? Another reason why people should take an IQ test before allowing them near a computer.
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by mrjangaweed: 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
mickyarams:

Try to read what you've just typed over again and see if you can make any sense of it. How did you even get on this forum in the first place? Did someone leave the cage open?? Another reason why people should take an IQ test before allowing them near a computer.

You are a fucking bastard a nonentity idiot.

Dieeeeee
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by Jbenue: 6:01pm On Jul 05, 2014
Why Not name it Corruptia

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by mickyarams: 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2014
mrjangaweed:

You are a fucking bastard a nonentity idiot.

Dieeeeee

All you know is die die die. Perhaps you've had too many deaths in your family or maybe expecting it. Be careful what you wish for little boy!
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by mrjangaweed: 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2014
mickyarams:

All you know is die die die. Perhaps you've had too many deaths in your family or maybe expecting it. Be careful what you wish for little boy!

Stop quoting me and maybe you will escape death or if not

Dieeeeeeee
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by rocgirl: 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2014
Seriously?
Is that the name of a new brand of ogogoro??

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by Litmus: 8:16pm On Jul 05, 2014
The backward name is evocative of a a man so inebriated, after licking spilt gin on the table he gulps after gin fumes in the air.

We'd be laughed away as drunkards.
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by Badassniggga(m): 9:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
Litmus: The backward name is evocative of a a man so inebriated, after licking spilt gin on the table he gulps after gin fumes in the air.

We'd be laughed away as drunkards.
grin grin you've got a thick sense of humor dude..
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by saintgwizard(m): 10:02pm On Jul 05, 2014
Initially, I thouught that this confad would produce a lastiing solution to the problems of Nigeria, but what I percieve is that we only have bonch of clowns deciding our future. What has the name of a country got to with problems all around us? And the best name was to flip the "bad" name around. If truely the root cause of our problems were created by the colonialist, then let's change what they did completely by spliting the country to the way it was before their invasion.
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by hillsate: 10:53pm On Jul 05, 2014
When you gather humans and pay them 4 million monthly for no real reason this is what you get, garbage.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
And what's the meaning of "airegin?"

Perhaps these clowns don't even know "aire" is a town in the UK...so how's that an anti-colonial name?

Now add "gin" to "aire" and it makes the whole thing utterly ridiculous.

I'm ashamed of these folks. sad undecided
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by LoveDecay(m): 11:03pm On Jul 05, 2014
cjrane: Nigeria should be renamed Anumgbada. I don't agree with the Ogboni cult name Airegin
If we want a more modern name then remain it New England!

Newest england
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by popson1(m): 6:40am On Jul 06, 2014
rocgirl: Seriously?
Is that the name of a new brand of ogogoro??
Very funny! Lol....
Re: Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin by Youngzedd(m): 7:14am On Jul 06, 2014
I comment my reserve.

FP

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo : President Jonathan Riding On Charly Boy's Bike / Pics: Ogbeni Rauf Aregbe Would Win In Landslide Victor / Gej Administration Is A Shame! - Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.