Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,521 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! (11847 Views)

Africa's Name Before Europeans Renamed It Africa / Why Nigeria Should Be Renamed As Airegin / Why I Renamed UNILAG Moshood Abiola University - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by billante(m): 9:02am On Jul 17, 2012
Pls I move a motion that front page should be renamed mukina page! Because of the obvious, all his post are front page sure banker!

All because he is a moderator! That's a complete abuse of office! And na them go first criticize patience and her perm sec appointment....the annoying thing is that most of his post that make front page are useless, while very good post put up by other nairalanders are left to wallow in their various sectors!!

So seun just name front page mukina page! And we should all go and hike a boko haram car on a mission to a church if we don't like it.

Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by naptu2: 9:07am On Jul 17, 2012
Mukina2 is a man shocked

Anyway (she) is doing a good job (you can't please everybody).
Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by member10: 9:15am On Jul 17, 2012
Seconded..
Lests see if this will make front page?
I bet you my lipsrsealed it wouldn't.
Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by billante(m): 9:16am On Jul 17, 2012
naptu2: Mukina2 is a man shocked

Anyway (she) is doing a good job (you can't please everybody).

He or she,I have made my point!

Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by 175(m): 9:20am On Jul 17, 2012
Anyting like thirded? Sure bet i support d motion. MUKINATU page or MUKINADEEN page
Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by OAM4J: 9:21am On Jul 17, 2012
Yes almost all if not all her topics will make front page. The reason is because she unlike many of us do not just create thread because the story fancies her interest, she creates thread of trending news and events on the internet that should also be on Nairaland and put it on home page. If a story is trending on the internet, it means many people are discussing it already and Nairaland owes its member to know about it too.

For every story that is trending on the internet, she checks if the story exist on Nairaland; if someone already created a thread for the story, she edits it and puts it on home page, if not she has to create a thread for it and put it on home page. It is her job as a super-moderator to do that.

Also home page tries to cater for all interests. We can not all be interested in the same thing. The ones you think are interesting might be hated by some other people. That some of us dont find a topic interesting on home page does not mean others dont. Like I always tell people, if you dont like a particular topic, ignore it and click on the ones you like.

And finally, if you think a particular story is interesting and many people will like to read/discuss it; just recommend it to her and she will look at it. There are suggestion threads in many sections that she checks regularly for home page suggestions, like this: https://www.nairaland.com/938835/lets-complaints-suggestions-enquiries-here/7 just suggest it and she and other moderators will look at it.

19 Likes

Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by egift(m): 9:26am On Jul 17, 2012
Nairaland frontpage is not for pleasing anyone. Start a usefull topic that contain info people need and it will make frontpage.

I have some good number of topics that made frontpage, they were all useful. And if you want this one to make frontpage, then you are dreaming (this is a complain abi na riot!) grin
Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by NigeriaKwenu(m): 9:29am On Jul 17, 2012
Whether useful or not, you don't just create a thread without any views or comments and take it to the frontpage except you're a dictator. Why can't we go back to the way it used to be when the most trending topics are the ones that make it to the frontpage.

Afam4eva

Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by billante(m): 9:38am On Jul 17, 2012
NigeriaKwenu: Whether useful or not, you don't just create a thread without any views or comments and take it to the frontpage except you're a dictator. Why can we go back to the way it used to be when the most trending topics are the ones that make it to the frontpage.

Afam4eva

Afam they never unban you grin....and they will say GEJ is a dictator!! Pls oooo mod unban afam4eva at least he don serve out his nairaland jail term! grin

Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by semid4lyfe(m): 10:08am On Jul 17, 2012
NigeriaKwenu: Whether useful or not, you don't just create a thread without any views or comments and take it to the frontpage except you're a dictator. Why can't we go back to the way it used to be when the most trending topics are the ones that make it to the frontpage.

Afam, you still dey on this mukina "bashing" crusade? You've been knocking Mukina too much these past few days and you're beginning to sound like a dissatisfied and nagging housewife.

If the homepage was based on only trending topics, then 80% of threads on the homepage will be from the Romance/Sexuality section. . .not that I think all mukina's recent threads that made the homepage deserved to be there
e.g Illrymz Ft Femi Kuti - Teacher Teacher (video), Goldie Harvey - Say My Name ( Video), You Know You Have Issues etc etc but then she's trying to revive interest in those "comatose" sections and give them more homepage exposure.

Free Mukina jare. If anything she dey overtry. . . .

Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by Maleeq(m): 11:22am On Jul 17, 2012
OAM4J: Yes almost all if not all her topics will make front page. The reason is because she unlike many of us do not just create thread because the story fancies her interest, she creates thread of trending news and events on the internet that should also be on Nairaland and put it on home page. If a story is trending on the internet, it means many people are discussing it already and Nairaland owes its member to know about it too.

For every story that is trending on the internet, she checks if the story exist on Nairaland; if someone already created a thread for the story, she edits it and puts it on home page, if not she has to create a thread for it and put it on home page. It is her job as a super-moderator to do that.

Also home page tries to cater for all interests. We can not all be interested in the same thing. The ones you think are interesting might be hated by some other people. That some of us dont find a topic interesting on home page does not mean others dont. Like I always tell people, if you dont like a particular topic, ignore it and click on the ones you like.

And finally, if you think a particular story is interesting and many people will like to read/discuss it; just recommend it to her and she will look at it. There are suggestion threads in many sections that she checks regularly for home page suggestions, like this: https://www.nairaland.com/938835/lets-complaints-suggestions-enquiries-here/7 just suggest it and she and other moderators will look at it.
OAM4J has said it all basically.
Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by Demdem(m): 11:47am On Jul 17, 2012
@ Poster.

U are banned for life.
reason: for insulting nairaland owner's sweetie kiss kiss kiss

Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by billante(m): 12:10pm On Jul 17, 2012
Demdem: @ Poster.

U are banned for life.
reason: for insulting nairaland owner's sweetie kiss kiss kiss

Really? Mukina na seun babe cheesy....na u talk am oo...my hand no dey for dis one ooo

Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by Demdem(m): 12:27pm On Jul 17, 2012
billante:

Really? Mukina na seun babe cheesy....na u talk am oo...my hand no dey for dis one ooo

Muki isnt bad now and Seun na handsome chap. The seeds will be marvellous.
Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by megxo(m): 3:35pm On Jul 17, 2012
MUKINA IS A "SHE"?? shocked
Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by idirect(m): 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2012
Demdem:

2 ge 4 niyen
Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by Orikinla(m): 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2012
Mukina na Alhaja ti o de Makkah. grin
Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2012
No matter how important my news on Sport is Mukina aka Lucifer never makes it to get to the front page... But av had a lot of other topics there sha grin
Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by Leorichy: 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2012
NigeriaKwenu: Whether useful or not, you don't just create a thread without any views or comments and take it to the frontpage except you're a dictator. Why can't we go back to the way it used to be when the most trending topics are the ones that make it to the frontpage.

Afam4eva

make una unban this freak pls,am tired of seeing the name "Afam4eva" on every post!

Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2012
كلورين: Seconded..
Lests see if this will make front page?
I bet you my lipsrsealed it wouldn't.

and it actually made front page, somebody is playing child's game we us, what is all these rubbish undecided
Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by Leorichy: 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2012
Demdem:

UNA DON DEY CHAnge the topic!
Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by Clemzy16(m): 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2012
In what planet did the Name "Mukina." came from.. Anyways, just passing..
Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by boyendowed(m): 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2012
billante: Pls I move a motion that front page should be renamed mukina page! Because of the obvious, all his post are front page sure banker!

All because he is a moderator! That's a complete abuse of office! And na them go first criticize patience and her perm sec appointment....the annoying thing is that most of his post that make front page are useless, while very good post put up by other nairalanders are left to wallow in their various sectors!!

So seun just name front page mukina page! And we should all go and hike a boko haram car on a mission to a church if we don't like it.

I totally agree with this post.It's only assss lickers that will say "leave mukina alone.She is doing her job".They think that will prevent them from getting banned in the future like she banned afam4eva
Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by SisiKill1: 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2012
LMFAO @ the petty things people get all up in arms over.

Seriously, what does it matter whose topic makes the front page?

Except there is a secret payola thingy going on here that the rest of us don't know about (and even then sef). . .what is the Fccking big deal?!!

If y'all spent this much energy policing real people with real power to abuse, I betcha Naija won't be in the state it is.

Shior! Joblessness to the highest order. undecided

Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by Adanyebe(m): 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2012
MUKINA VS OP....

MUKINA STIL WiNNING

MUKINA=80 OP=20 (plus six month ban)

OP don't be so mad at her. I believe u both have scores to settle and its only advisable u do that subtle

U may not get away with this in this manner of approach next(i.e if u have d intention to). It might earn you a 6mnths Ban or more..... kiss
Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by boyendowed(m): 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2012
I wonder why no sexuality topic makes it to the front page
Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2012
Mukina , you are my Arsenal sister, and "we" love u but I want to make a suggestion, any new topic that goes up to 2nd page in the original section should be the ones to make front page. including urs trending or not .

Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2012
boyendowed: I wonder why no sexuality topic makes it to the front page

How do you mean wink, we discuss national issues not "soapy" opera on front page grin
Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by Beaf: 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2012
OAM4J: Yes almost all if not all her topics will make front page. The reason is because she unlike many of us do not just create thread because the story fancies her interest, she creates thread of trending news and events on the internet that should also be on Nairaland and put it on home page. If a story is trending on the internet, it means many people are discussing it already and Nairaland owes its member to know about it too.

Dude, most of the front page stories are not worth it and most NLers think so.
You guys think drammatic stories, rather than thought provoking and up building stories should be on the front page, which is incredibly sad. The net result is that articles on NL keep dropping in quality as time goes by. Can anyone compare NL of 2 years ago with what it has become today?

If trash topics keep making it to the fronpage to drive revenues, I strongly believe that a scientific graph of membership increase as against trash story increase will make that a mute point. NL is only setting itself up to be overtaken by someone with enough time and drive to set up a forum where quality is king.

Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by miteolu(m): 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2012
Two of my post on this issue on ground were hidden by Mukina the DICTATOR INVISIBLE MODERATOR.

Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by Sylverbox(m): 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2012
Hmmm. No wonder all d important topics I'v been posting havnt seen daylight as of 2day. Mayb I'd go 2ru Mukina nxt time so she can substitute her numerous wack threads 4 mine!
Re: Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! by manmustwac(m): 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2012
Yes its definitely abuse of office because as an arsenal fan she post a lot of anti tottenham topics on the homepage. Most don't even pass more than one page angry

Labour, Allies Protest Hike In Electricity Tariff, Monday / GEJ Shared N2 Billion Ecological Funds Among PDP States Only - El-rufai / Shettima To Represent Tinubu At UN, Russia-Africa Summits

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56