Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production (13866 Views)

Soyabean And Dryginger Available For Pick Up / The Forgotten Groundnut Pyramids Of Northern Nigeria (Photos) / Groundnut Pyramid In Nigeria In 1970 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by zubis05: 12:29pm On Jul 05, 2014
it is said that anyone who stops to ask for directions on the road will not get lost. I have had this idea of producing oil from soyabeans and groundnut. My reasons are we use oil daily in our various offices,homes,restaurants etc. I know its not exactly a new idea. I just want to be enlightened on the viability of this project. Is this something one can go into and get good returns on investment? Basically,any idea on food processing and agrobusiness will be welcome. I hope to get good suggestions and novel ideas from the great people of this forum..
Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 05, 2014
Different oil bearing seeds are produced in Nigeria to include groundnut seed, cotton seed, soyabean seed, palm kernel seed, melon seed of which vegetable oil can
be extracted from.

Due to the ban on the importation of vegetable oil, the nation has witnessed a deficit in supply of the
product though much improvement has been recorded in the local production of the product.

The market for gnut oil and groundnut cake is national. With a population of over 165 million people and an estimated national population growth of 5.7% per annum, an average economic growth rate of 3.5% per annum in the past five (5)
years, Nigeria has a large market for groundnut oil and its by-products.

The above facts make the project to be economically viable.

The market for these products is large is large, expanding and sustainable.

At a small scale, the business is simple to set-up and operate. It involves procuring groundnut seeds and processing it to give groundnut oil, groundnut cake, and groundnut sludge.

The machinery necessary for this business are:

Seed-Fryer, oil-expeller and oil-refiner.
The latest cost and description of the machinery are detailed below:

1. Electrical Seed-Fryer

»Function: Fries/roast the crushed nuts. This process heats up the crushed nuts, thereby exciting the oil molecule content of the nuts.

»Price: N480, 000.

2. Oil-Press (2T/D)

»Function: Presses the heated nuts and expels the oil content of the nuts via the oil exit chamber, while the cake is collected via the cake exit
chamber.
»Price: N450, 000

3. Oil-Refiner

» Function: Refines and purifies the extracted oil, thereby removing the free fatty acid content of the oil, clarifying its colour and improving its flavour.
»Price: N500,000

Other things you will need are weighing-scale, drums, containers, etc

PROFITABILITY.

One (1) tone of good groundnut seeds produces an average of 430 litres (2.5 drums) of oil, 420Kg of cake and 40Kg of sludge.

The current price of the products (in kaduna state) are:

Groundnut seed – N150, 000 per tone
Groundnut cake – N85 per Kg
Groundnut oil – N60,000 per drum
Groundnut sludge – N40 per kg.

So, if one tone of groundnut seed is processed, the sales will be:

Oil » 2.5 x N60,000 = N150, 000
Cake » 420 x N85 = N35, 700
Sludge » 40 x 40 = N1, 600
Total sales = N187, 300.

Direct cost of sales = N150, 000
Contingency = N5,000
Profit = N32, 300.

The above profit is for processing 1tone of groundnut seeds.

Now, if you process 2 tone per day, you get N32,300 x 2 = N64,600 per day as profit, which by extension implies a monthly profit of N1,550,400 (24days). Profit increases as production increases.

Note: If you plan to package your oil, then you have to do more research on cost of packaging which isn't included in this analysis.

MARKETING

The market for all the products is readily available. Feed-mill companies always patronise groundnut oil mills for groundnut cakes. Many of them pay in advance so as to get a quick and regular supply.

Groundnut oil dealers are always there to buy the oil as long as you sell at a competitive price.

Wishing you all the best in your quests.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by zubis05: 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2014
Thank you so much for this analysis. This is the reason why I love NL. This has given me an idea on what to do. Thanks again..

1 Like

Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2014
You are always welcome
Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hi, There are 3 Pieces of unused Groundnut Oil Expellers available for Sale. Please call 08137523769 or Email ademola9@outlook.com.
Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
koonbey: Hi, There are 3 Pieces of unused Groundnut Oil Expellers available for Sale. Please call 08137523769 or Email ademola9@outlook.com.
Picture and price
Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 18, 2014
agonbello:
Picture and price
coming Sir.
Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by reallife3(m): 10:23am On Jan 09, 2015
Pls I need more info about this business,
1. What is the capacity of the seed frier i.e kg per hour and the power consumption.
2. How long, in hours, does it take to process one tonnes of the seed.
3. What is the capacity of the oil refiner I.e capacity per day
4. How can I get this equipment. Thanks
Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by annurhaske(m): 11:52am On Jan 09, 2015
Thank you very much,
I find this article very
Educative!!!!!!!
Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by RayCharles(m): 10:26am On Jan 11, 2015
agonbello:
Different oil bearing seeds are produced in Nigeria to include groundnut seed, cotton seed, soyabean seed, palm kernel seed, melon seed of which vegetable oil can
be extracted from.

Due to the ban on the importation of vegetable oil, the nation has witnessed a deficit in supply of the
product though much improvement has been recorded in the local production of the product.

The market for gnut oil and groundnut cake is national. With a population of over 165 million people and an estimated national population growth of 5.7% per annum, an average economic growth rate of 3.5% per annum in the past five (5)

At a small scale, the business is simple to set-up and operate. It involves procuring groundnut seeds and processing it to give groundnut oil, groundnut cake, and groundnut sludge.

1. Electrical Seed-Fryer

»Function: Fries/roast the crushed nuts. This process heats up the crushed nuts, thereby exciting the oil molecule content of the nuts.

2. Oil-Press (2T/D)

»Function: Presses the heated nuts and expels the oil content of the nuts via the oil exit chamber, while the cake is collected via the cake exit
chamber.

3. Oil-Refiner

» Function: Refines and purifies the extracted oil, thereby removing the free fatty acid content of the oil, clarifying its colour and improving its flavour.

PROFITABILITY.

One (1) tone of good groundnut seeds produces an average of 430 litres (2.5 drums) of oil, 420Kg of cake and 40Kg of sludge.

Total sales = N187, 300.

Contingency = N5,000
Profit = N32, 300.

Now, if you process 2 tone per day, you get N32,300 x 2 = N64,600 per day as profit, which by extension implies a monthly profit of N1,550,400 (24days). Profit increases as production increases.

Note: If you plan to package your oil, then you have to do more research on cost of packaging which isn't included in this analysis.

MARKETING

The market for all the products is readily available. Feed-mill companies always patronise groundnut oil mills for groundnut cakes. Many of them pay in advance so as to get a quick and regular supply.

Groundnut oil dealers are always there to buy the oil as long as you sell at a competitive price.

Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by RayCharles(m): 10:29am On Jan 11, 2015
agonbello:
be extracted from.

1. Electrical Seed-Fryer

2. Oil-Press (2T/D)

chamber.

3. Oil-Refiner

PROFITABILITY.

Total sales = N187, 300.

Contingency = N5,000
Profit = N32, 300.

MARKETING

This post was really helpful! Can u pls do me favour of enlightening me bout soybean farming, and the potential market! I want to go into the production of soybean for now cause of limited resources! Really want to know bout the potential market! Based in Kaduna also! God bless
Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by Linzo(m): 1:18pm On May 20, 2015
I love this thread. Please am planning to go into vegetable oil supply but i dont know the cost of getting the product from the factories that produces vegetable oil and also i want to know the names or link to the companies that into the business mostly in the SE/SS region.

I have registered my company name all need is the companies that refines the product so that i can be buying in large quantity and package with my company's name before supplying to the target market.

Cost of getting the refine product and companies are urgently needed, SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP. agobello your contribution is needed

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by cjie: 9:01am On Sep 07, 2015
I want GROUNDNUT CAKE in a larger quantities if you have any link contact me on 08062150814 or collinagba5@gmail.com
Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by murshid09(m): 11:00am On Sep 08, 2015
i trust naijas they will soon bombard dis biz
Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by Coolasd(m): 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2015
cjie:
I want GROUNDNUT CAKE in a larger quantities if you have any link contact me on 08062150814 or collinagba5@gmail.com

I sell soya cake , groundnut cake , groundnut oil and soya oil. We are located in kaduna. Number is +2348036130992, email is okunadea@yahoo.com. Please contact me I think we can work something out. Thanks.
Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by lilreese: 7:08pm On Dec 26, 2015
Good business to venture
Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by danwa25(m): 4:24am On Dec 27, 2015
For your soya beans, u can contact me on 08131185245
Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by Coolasd(m): 11:35am On Dec 27, 2015
cjie:

we produced groundnut cake and soya cake in large quantity. Also we produce unrefined soya and groundnut oil. We are based in kaduna state. Email address is okunadea@yahoo.com.
Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by chrisblack: 5:04am On Aug 16, 2016
Coolasd:

I sell soya cake , groundnut cake , groundnut oil and soya oil. We are located in kaduna. Number is +2348036130992, email is okunadea@yahoo.com. Please contact me I think we can work something out. Thanks.
would like to know the price of your products .thanks
Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by princesschuks: 1:02am On Sep 13, 2016
Coolasd:

we produced groundnut cake and soya cake in large quantity. Also we produce unrefined soya and groundnut oil. We are based in kaduna state. Email address is okunadea@yahoo.com.

How much for the soya cake?
Re: Soyabean And Groundnut Oil Production by kyuthman: 10:36am On Sep 13, 2016
My brother do ur homework well. There different types of Gnut and not all can give outcome of this analysis. Go and meet those already in the business. I have similar experience in Kano. Best of luck

(1) (Reply)

Fish Or Poultry Farming, Who Knows / Start Agriculture And Export Business , Get Your Soft Copy For Free!!! / New Business Niche: Supply Of 25 Kg Bags Of Powdered Milk In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.