Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Ukiwe, Ezeife, Nwobodo To Lead 2000 Igbos To Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ukiwe, Ezeife, Nwobodo To Lead 2000 Igbos To Jonathan (1279 Views)

Igbo Marginalisation Unacceptable — Ebitu Ukiwe, Ben Nwabueze, ABC Nwosu, Others / Buhari Has Committed Impeachable Offence - Ezeife / Jim Nwobodo Visits Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukiwe, Ezeife, Nwobodo To Lead 2000 Igbos To Jonathan by Chino72: 8:01am On Jul 06, 2014
Former Chief of General Staff, Commodore Ebute Ukiwe, and former governors of Anambra State, Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife and former governor of old Anambra State, Chief Jim Nwobodo would lead not less than 2,000 Igbo sons and daughters on a thank you visit to President Goodluck Jonathan.

The three personalities were selected by the South/South–south/East Development – Group (SSSEDG), a group that has been calling for the coming together of the people of South-south and South-east geo political zones for economic, political and youth development in the past 18 years.

A statement made available to THISDAY by the group disclosed that “the visit is very important to the Igbos because the only currency used in paying back love is love.”

According to the group, “we cannot thank President Jonathan enough because he has shown us multiple love by removing marginalisation that used to be Igbo middle name through the lopsidedness of our past leader in appointment and in development.
“He removed marginalisation in our name by the following appointment and developmental project in South-east, i.e. appointed General Onyeabo Azubike Ihejirika as Chief of Army Staff, the first of its kind after the war in 1970; appointed Admiral Dele Ezeoba Chief of Naval Staff; and appointed Prof. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as the first Coordinating Minister of Finance and Economy.

“He also appointed Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke as the first female Petroleum Minister, Ayim Pius Ayim as Secretary of the Government of the Federation, Eze Festus Odimegwu and later Eze Duruihioma SAN as the Chairmen of the National Population Commission (NPC), respectively.”

The group however, stressed that it’s also important to commend the President who commenced the construction of second Niger Bridge, completed the Akanu Ibiam Airport and made it International airport, remodeled Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport Owerri, returned, rehabilitated and reopened the Ohafia Barrack.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ukiwe-ezeife-nwobodo-to-lead-2000-igbos-to-jonathan/182819/

1 Like

Re: Ukiwe, Ezeife, Nwobodo To Lead 2000 Igbos To Jonathan by Chino72: 8:14am On Jul 06, 2014
GEJ till 2019 after which he will hand over to an Igboman! No vacancy till 2027! BY HIS GRACE.

3 Likes

Re: Ukiwe, Ezeife, Nwobodo To Lead 2000 Igbos To Jonathan by shineeye: 8:14am On Jul 06, 2014
GEJ u do well

3 Likes

Re: Ukiwe, Ezeife, Nwobodo To Lead 2000 Igbos To Jonathan by waternogetenemy: 8:18am On Jul 06, 2014
Gej TILL 2019

3 Likes

Re: Ukiwe, Ezeife, Nwobodo To Lead 2000 Igbos To Jonathan by majamajic(m): 8:30am On Jul 06, 2014
"Pharaoh let my people go" visit would have been better, angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ukiwe, Ezeife, Nwobodo To Lead 2000 Igbos To Jonathan by GPA5: 12:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
Chino72: GEJ till 2019 after which he will hand over to an Igboman! No vacancy till 2027! BY HIS GRACE.

GOATLUCK WILL HAND OVER BACK TO THE KING MAKERS IN PDP.

I THOUGHT IBO SAID THEY'RE NOT INTERESTED IN PRESIDENTIAL SEAT. WHAT ABOUT Biafra REALISATION?

2 Likes

Re: Ukiwe, Ezeife, Nwobodo To Lead 2000 Igbos To Jonathan by SolidMoney: 12:22pm On Jul 06, 2014
Jim Nwobodo of all people.Lest we forget... lipsrsealed
Re: Ukiwe, Ezeife, Nwobodo To Lead 2000 Igbos To Jonathan by rafindo(m): 12:32pm On Jul 06, 2014
insulting a nation of 30million.these old clown should go nd sit down.when did they become spokepersons for the igbo nation.the youth are problem of nigeria, by allowing these old fools sell to them the idea of marginalisation,tribalism, nd medocrity.they have companies nd shares outside the region that employs peoples of that viccinty.

2 Likes

Re: Ukiwe, Ezeife, Nwobodo To Lead 2000 Igbos To Jonathan by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
GPA5:
GOATLUCK WILL HAND OVER BACK TO THE KING MAKERS IN PDP.
I THOUGHT IBO SAID THEY'RE NOT INTERESTED IN PRESIDENTIAL SEAT. WHAT ABOUT Biafra REALISATION?

I have stronger word for u but will hold back just now.

Who are your King if i may ask slave?

Goodluck gained power by the act of God. i.e Yaradua died.

Even yet the North fought him fiercely but lost to the will of God.

No Northerner(Boko haram) or Westerner(boko haram sympathisers) will be President after GEJ before the Igbos have their share of the Presidency.

Na this one God go take punish una, after GEJ tenure. nuff said!

1 Like

Re: Ukiwe, Ezeife, Nwobodo To Lead 2000 Igbos To Jonathan by hurricaneChris: 12:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
2000 people? shocked Nwanne Aso Rock oga abakwa Madu?
Re: Ukiwe, Ezeife, Nwobodo To Lead 2000 Igbos To Jonathan by GPA5: 12:54pm On Jul 06, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:

I have stronger word for u but will hold back just now.

Who are your King if i may ask slave?

Goodluck gained power by the act of God. i.e Yaradua died.

Even yet the North fought him fiercely but lost to the will of God.

No Northerner(Boko haram) or Westerner(boko haram sympathisers) will be President after GEJ before the Igbos have their share of the Presidency.

Na this one God go take punish una, after GEJ tenure. nuff said!

THE KING MAKERS THAT ANOINTED HIM WHEN HE WAS MADE AS A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE. THE KING MAKER THAT NOMINATED HIM AS VP CANDIDATE BACK THEN.
THE KING MAKERS THAT CAMPAIGNED WITH HIM DURING THE 2011 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.

GOATLUCK WILL HAND OVER BACK TO BOARD OF TRUSTEES, FOUNDING FATHERS IN PDP.

#I THOUGHT IBO SAID THEY'RE NOT INTERESTED IN PRESIDENTIAL SEAT.

2 Likes

Re: Ukiwe, Ezeife, Nwobodo To Lead 2000 Igbos To Jonathan by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
GPA5:

THE KING MAKERS THAT ANOINTED HIM WHEN HE WAS MADE AS A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE. THE KING MAKER THAT NOMINATED HIM AS VP CANDIDATE BACK THEN.
THE KING MAKERS THAT CAMPAIGNED WITH HIM DURING THE 2011 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.

GOATLUCK WILL HAND OVER BACK TO BOARD OF TRUSTEES, FOUNDING FATHERS IN PDP.

#I THOUGHT IBO SAID THEY'RE NOT INTERESTED IN PRESIDENTIAL SEAT.

who be king maker? Obj?
Haha, more like northern stooge and he has gone into irrelevance.
@ Op, while they are doing the thanking, they should present the regional needs to gej too

2 Likes

Re: Ukiwe, Ezeife, Nwobodo To Lead 2000 Igbos To Jonathan by GPA5: 3:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
Evergreen123:

who be king maker? Obj?
Haha, more like northern stooge and he has gone into irrelevance.
@ Op, while they are doing the thanking, they should present the regional needs to gej too

THE KING MAKERS IN PDP KNOWS THEMSELVES. IT'S CERTAIN THAT GOATLUCK WILL HAND OVER POWER BACK TO THE KING MAKERS.

YET GEJ IS MAKING WAY TO RECONCILE WITH OBJ DESPITE HE IS NOT IRRELEVANT.

#GOATLUCK CAN NEVER HAND OVER TO IBO. IBO ARE SIDELINED IN MAJOR POLITICAL PARTIES IN NIGERIA.

APGA IS AN UNDERDOG PARTY.
Re: Ukiwe, Ezeife, Nwobodo To Lead 2000 Igbos To Jonathan by Chino72: 3:19pm On Jul 06, 2014
I will manage and take some pictures of the presidential villa when we arrive there next week or thereabout!
Re: Ukiwe, Ezeife, Nwobodo To Lead 2000 Igbos To Jonathan by MisterLongman(m): 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
Selfish Interest at its peak......... Why do Ibos love treading on tribal and ethnics lines at the slightest opportunity
Re: Ukiwe, Ezeife, Nwobodo To Lead 2000 Igbos To Jonathan by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 06, 2014
MisterLongman: Selfish Interest at its peak......... Why do Ibos love treading on tribal and ethnics lines at the slightest opportunity

because it is happening, look at the cut off marks for unity schools.
But we still jump and pass una

3 Likes

Re: Ukiwe, Ezeife, Nwobodo To Lead 2000 Igbos To Jonathan by PhockPhockMan: 4:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
Chino72: I will manage and take some pictures of the presidential villa when we arrive there next week or thereabout!
I trust you.

(1) (Reply)

Dejo Raimi, Former SSG, Oyo State Is Dead! / Breaking News: Tinubu Boko Haram Sect Claims Responsibility For Lagos Bombing / S A Based Gay Imam Over Sees Wedding Of Iranian Lesbian Couple.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.