Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Where Really Have I Gone Wrong - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Really Have I Gone Wrong (1421 Views)

Where Have I Gone Wrong With My Daughter? / Help !!!! He Doesn't Really Have Time For Romance / My God! My God!! Who Have I Married?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by chidekings(m): 11:45am On Jul 06, 2014
Re: Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by GboyegaD(m): 11:49am On Jul 06, 2014
You are not wrong in anyways. Just keep up with your hardwork and try to help whenever you can. It is normal for people to talk no matter how much you help and unfortunately also, ours is a society where because of our communal lifestyle, people expect you to be responsible for them.
Re: Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 06, 2014
I don't know enough about you and your family and I have not heard their side of their story so I am unable to judge BUT I think it is great you took care of your education all by yourself. wink
Re: Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by egopersonified(f): 12:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
Search your heart while searching your pocket, if u are convinced you are really doing your best by them, then you are. They might actually think you make more than you actually do, hence their statements.
Re: Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by chidekings(m): 12:30pm On Jul 06, 2014
egopersonified: Search your heart while searching your pocket, if u are convinced you are really doing your best by them, then you are. They might actually think you make more than you actually do, hence their statements.

u got a point......i said i can save,am not a fashion freak,but i wear good cloths,shoes and most of my frnds are from rich parents,so to them i tend to look too expensive to suggest i make much,but truth be told i have helped i n own way,a clear example is that since this year,i have contributed up to 47k to them,but am been treated like an alien in the house
Re: Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by chidekings(m): 12:30pm On Jul 06, 2014
GboyegaD: You are not wrong in anyways. Just keep up with your hardwork and try to help whenever you can. It is normal for people to talk no matter how much you help and unfortunately also, ours is a society where because of our communal lifestyle, people expect you to be responsible for them.

thanks bro
Re: Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by chidekings(m): 12:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
Re: Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
chidekings:

thats why i tried to present it in the best way i can,i wanna know if really am at fault,cus i dont really like discussing family matters with frnds,cus a time will come when they will use it agaist u

Take care of yourself, your education and then your career and help where you can but don't kill yourself. I think, you are doing the right thing. If you don't take care of yourself, you will NOT be able to help anyone.

1 Like

Re: Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by okirewaju(f): 12:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
Maybe they are judging from your physical appearance.

If you're sure you are taking care of them enough then there's no biggy

Continue to do the best you can for them!
Re: Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
47k for six months?.

Ok, for me to judge , we need to work your net worth.

If your family is really in distress like basic necessities and this 47k is less than or equal to 10%
Of your net worth, then you need to step up.

Depending also in the situation, you don't go wearing designers clothing when your folks barely feed.

1 Like

Re: Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 06, 2014
You are not giving enough info.

How much do you earn? How old are you? Are you still a student? Are your parents out of job or not just earning enough to cater for their children? How many siblings do you have and are they in school?

Why do they feel you are not helping enough? Do you make them believe you have somuch money but give out very little? Do you live a flashy/wealthy life while they live in squalor?

There is actually no right or wrong in this. It all depends on somany things.
Re: Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by chidekings(m): 1:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
Phema: You are not giving enough info.

How much do you earn? How old are you? Are you still a student? Are your parents out of job or not just earning enough to cater for their children? How many siblings do you have and are they in school?

Why do they feel you are not helping enough? Do you make them believe you have somuch money but give out very little? Do you live a flashy/wealthy life while they live in squalor?

There is actually no right or wrong in this. It all depends on somany things.

still a student,20 yrs,and my family is average......live in a flat,have our own car,parents civil servants,we are living fairly good...this all started when i told them i wanna stop the work am doing but before i stop,i wanna build a little self contain house which will be generating money for me,while in sch
Re: Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by Ab025(m): 1:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
if ur mind and heart agrees that u are quite stingy or selfish....pls do the needful. they are ur family bro...
Re: Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by chidekings(m): 10:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ab025: if ur mind and heart agrees that u are quite stingy or selfish....pls do the needful. they are ur family bro...

i felt guilt cus i feel am not delivering as they want me to deliver,but i know if i do my projects at hand will suffer for it
Re: Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by Amhappy(f): 10:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
If they are trying to manipulate you just ignore them. Some people will always ask you to bring all the money you have for spending and when its gone,they will still blame you. Your family suppose to love you,dont think you can buy their love with money. In as much as you are not selfish,keep doing your best.
Re: Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 07, 2014
chidekings:
still a student,20 yrs,and my family is average......live in a flat,have our own car,parents civil servants,we are living fairly good...this all started when i told them i wanna stop the work am doing but before i stop,i wanna build a little self contain house which will be generating money for me,while in sch

With what you said above, there is no reason you should feel guilty.it is your parents responsibility to cater for their children. They should not transfer their job to you.

Help out when you can and save up. You are still a student so you have a long way to go. Don't let them manipulate or emotionally blackmail you into parting with all your cash.

Be wise. Sometimes, family can be over rated.
Re: Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by baby124: 6:38am On Jul 07, 2014
Stay focused on your goals and plans. Take care of yourself first before taking care of anyone. They obviously can't handle good news about you without trying to get all the money you want to use. Keep your plans to yourself henceforth. Also keep the truth about how you are doing to yourself. Whether you are in money or struggling. Do what you can and face your life. Don't be distracted by noise. You can't please everyone in life.
Re: Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by chidekings(m): 10:11am On Jul 07, 2014
baby124: Stay focused on your goals and plans. Take care of yourself first before taking care of anyone. They obviously can't handle good news about you without trying to get all the money you want to use. Keep your plans to yourself henceforth. Also keep the truth about how you are doing to yourself. Whether you are in money or struggling. Do what you can and face your life. Don't be distracted by noise. You can't please everyone in life.

ur 100 percent right
Re: Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 07, 2014
The fact that you are able to take care of yourself shows that you are responsible, i don't think you are doing anything wrong, its the other people that have failed to see that you are doing the best you can.

1 Like

Re: Where Really Have I Gone Wrong by chidekings(m): 11:53am On Jul 07, 2014
thank u all for the contribution......i feel more justified

(1) (Reply)

Many Married Couples Have Sex By Appointment –study / Marriage Phobia Am I Alone? / Who Holds The TV Remote Most In Your House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.