Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,588 members, 7,840,407 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital (104717 Views)

"Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by LMAyedun(m): 11:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
DIVINE78:
Senator Smart Adeyemi is a big let down. He is busy eating PDP crumbs in Abuja. He is so rich he has an hotel under construction opposite chida hotel in Utako Abuja.
And to think of that guy seeking a 3rd term... He is a noise-maker over in Abuja but useless to his constituency.
He owns 2 big hotels in Ilorin, Kwara state as well....
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Richardiyke271(m): 11:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
Well am not surprise wit dar decisions, since most participants at d confeb are bunch of old men. Govt into too many tins at d same time
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
As an Igbo boy and a neutral uniting force of ndigbo in this forum, I want to say that I am greatly pained with the comment of people like Chino in this forum. Chino and other e-goats who support him should be ashamed of calling themselves true Nwafor's. I want to state here clearly, that no true Son of Igboland would come out openly to denigrate the name of his father's house - a feat Chino is known for. Chino is not from Uga let alone Anambra. A real Igbo hater, and divisionist is what Chino is?

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Aniroly(m): 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
E no concern me.

thank God say dem no near My AKWA IBOM...oh my wonderful stategrin grin
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by mandax: 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
cheruv:
pain you must be a little child to be reasoning like that.I'd not be surprised if you were exclusively breastfed on cowmilk shocked
am an Igbo ethno nationalist and I don't need to explain myself to intellectual midgets like you tongue
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by mandax: 11:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
cheruv:
pain you must be a little child to be reasoning like that.I'd not be surprised if you were exclusively breastfed on cowmilk shocked
am an Igbo ethno nationalist and I don't need to explain myself to intellectual midgets like you tongue
Diffident and dishonest people like you are reasons why southeast has not got sixth state since 2006. Clinical student, read your comment without punctuation. Walahi, you be either alaumuahia or alaowerre born idle mind/mischief maker. Go siddon, you too small. U can't convince honest people who know about states in the southeast.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by apostleb: 11:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
Where is Bori state? that is suppose to be made up of Eleme,Tai, Gokana,Khana,Oyigbo, Andoni and Opbobo LGAs?
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
Instead of giving SE one more state to make everything equal, they are creating 18.
It still doesn't solve the imbalance issue
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
Chino has consistenly ensured that Igbo's are thorn apart with his sectional and divisive posts. Almost all his previous posts are filled with sentimental hate against Igbo's from Imo, Enugu and other states. This disgrace from the north claiming to be Igbo just because he holds the position of media man to Peter Obi has continously used that avenue to insult true Igbos. I REPEAT AGAIN; CHINO AND HIS E-GOATS AREN'T IGBOS. A TRUE NWAFOR DESPITE THE RANCOUR WILL NEVER EVER THROW MUD ON HIS FATHER'S HOUSE.

4 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
It is evident that every Igboman would want an Anioma state as first choice for the South-East before others. But in a situation where the geo-political zone factor works against us, then it becomes suicidal throwing all our eggs in one basket. Igbo leaders in the S/E are fully aware of this that is why they strategically submitted a list for other options. And among these option, it is only two that are viable (Njaba and Aba state), others like Adada and Etiti are no go areas. Adada is even the worst bet.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Richardiyke271(m): 11:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
Jona pls open ya eye
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Miner13: 11:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
LMAyedun: And to think of that guy seeking a 3rd term... He is a noise-maker over in Abuja but useless to his constituency.
He owns 2 big hotels in Ilorin, Kwara state as well....

let the election time comes

after he share his goodies and money they will cast there vote like the sea sand for him.

I wish state can be swap

will just swap Kogi and ekiti

kogites brain in general is fishlike
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by uzornoble: 11:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
pls where is SAMBISA STATE

all this will only work out in peace with the inclusion of sambisa state.pls where is SAMBISA STATE

all this will only work out in peace with the inclusion of sambisa state.
pls where is SAMBISA STATE

all this will only work out in peace with the inclusion of sambisa state.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by juliebrown: 12:03am On Jul 07, 2014
LMAyedun: We need a new state out of Kogi state - Okun state.
my broda i tire o. I was expecting to see okun state
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by uc97: 12:06am On Jul 07, 2014
Some of you guys are blind.I even advocate for them to create a state for each Nigerian family.That way everybody will have his or her own share of the national cake.We will all be employed and enjoy huge salaries as councilors,cordinators,royal fathers,chairmen & the like.Nigeria has money.Let's enjoy it while it lasts.
Nigeria e kele m unu.

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 07, 2014
Creating an Adada state will be the worst mistake the S/E will make. Ebonyi state would be a child's play compared to Adada. First, apart from coal, the area lacks viable mineral resources. Second, With a stony soil, the terrain is composed of much mountains and less arable land which I think would impede agriculture. The areas lacks a viable population with only Nsukka as the only developed town. Hence, Methink, there should remain in Enugu, and manage the little Federal allocation they get every month.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by cheruv: 12:09am On Jul 07, 2014
mandax: Diffident and dishonest people like you are reasons why southeast has not got sixth state since 2006. Clinical student, read your comment without punctuation. Walahi, you be either alaumuahia or alaowerre bcorn idle mind/mischief maker. Go siddon, you too small. U can't convince honest people who know about states in the southeast.
are you not rather stupid bickering with me over what you've no idea in.. angry
I speak Igbo and Hebrew as my languages..and its evident that you're infinitesimal in your own social milieu.
stop being stup1d and do your very best to ensure the greatness of our future imperial state
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 07, 2014
oyecuteez: . Thank you my Sister. But I guess you need to go through the files and get a little bit of the history of the places listed in the new oyo state. Ibadan might be the commercial capital and industrial area but I put it to you that ibadan produces non of the indigenous economic resources. In terms of population and land mass, the areas listed which is predominantly Oke-ogun joined wt ogbomosho covers 70% of the present oyo state. .... The fact that you clamour for Okun state doesn't av to make you myopic or jump into conclusion wt prejudice. I am not in support state creation, because Nigeria's problem is human-based and not mere geographical mapping. .... I will only advise you to get ur facts and premises straight before arriving at such shallow conclusion. Shalom
DUDE.IBADAN IS THE LARGEST CITY IN WEST AFRICA,AND 3RD LARGEST CITY IN AFRICA.IT HAS A VERY LARGE LAND MASS.SO I DISAGREE WITH U STATING THAT OKE OGUN&OGBOMOSHO COVER 70% IS TOTALLY FALSE
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by mikolo80: 12:28am On Jul 07, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Have being trying to get sufficient video materials through Youtube or any other site.

The most important thing is to share the idea with others

It will transform mother Africa.

good one
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by ALAYORMII: 12:30am On Jul 07, 2014
Hmmmm

Clueless mofos

More state

More corrupt politicians

We will now have 54 states

More northern states.

I hail thee Naijiria

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by penny01502: 12:38am On Jul 07, 2014
bunch of fools gathering in one auditorium sharing the nation economy, they lack the idea of what's lacking in our society.
terrorism rocking everywhere in our society.
hundred of innocent girls are somewhere unknown, whose fate and hope of returning still remain unknown to their parents and relatives.
thousands are dying in the hands of terrorist and their usual bombing, yet their brain hasn't tick them to do something meaningful to revamp the hope of the common people in the society.
if any of those so called delegate's daughter was among those kidnapped chibok girls will he/she sat down there relax mind his/her discussing rubbish called national conference of their own benefit and interest?

creating more states won't save Nigeria from her current situation.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by mandax: 12:43am On Jul 07, 2014
cheruv:
are you not rather stupid bickering with me over what you've no idea in.. angry
I speak Igbo and Hebrew as my languages..and its evident that you're infinitesimal in your own social milieu.
stop being stup1d and do your very best to ensure the greatness of our future imperial state

Look, chill out man. Ebony state - fifth state in SE - was carved from Enugu and Abia states in the last state creation exercise in the SE. So a sixth or additional state in SE must be from Imo and Anambra states - Anim - or Njaba with nucleus as the 12 local govt councils of Imo west senatorial zone. So why must you say that additional or sixth state in SE could come from dividing Enugu state again; or say that Anioma becomes sixth state for SE while Anioma is in SS? Abi you de craze?

Since the talk of additional state in SE began on return to democracy in 1999, the 12 Lgas of Imo West zone have been denied lots of development. Apart from a state Polytechnic situated at the periphery of the state capital, the only full academic institution (outside secondary schools) in the 12 Local councils in Imo West zone is a school for the deaf and mentally handicapped;

but in the zone of Imo state capital, there are about five govt universities and polytechnics.

Imo West zone has been denied public water supply infrastructure, which the other two zones have. Why? Other two zones know that any day new states are being created, Imo West zone must be carved out of Imo state. So you offend the sensibilities of honest people in the SE with your hateful outbursts.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by kbknt30(m): 12:54am On Jul 07, 2014
As per Kainji state, Zuru, the people of Kontagora are in a state of pandemonium because they believe they have lost what rightfully belongs to them, the state capital.
Zuru was never involved in the struggle for state creation.
Kontagora has been leading the campaign and should be allowed the capital.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 1:11am On Jul 07, 2014
@Bliss4life, I'll advice you calm down and understand some basic info about something you have a flint idea about. First, the name Njaba is derived from the major river that flows in Orlu zone. Second, Njaba wasn't even the original name planned for the new state, infact Orashi was the name suggested by A. Nzeribe with the the inclusion of riverine Igbo clans like Ndoni and Ogba in Rivers state, before it was rejected by Orlu stakeholders. Even Ihiala was only added in 2005 due to clamour by their people.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 1:28am On Jul 07, 2014
SINCE THE MOMENT THE PEOPLE OF IHIALA OPTED TO JOIN THE PROPOSED NJABA STATE, MARGINALIZATION BECAME THEIR FATE FROM GOVERNMENT HOUSE AWKA. DESPITE PETER OBI'S WARNING TO RESCIND THE DECISION, NDIHIALA STILL HELD FIRM. ULI WHICH ONCE HOSTED THE PERMANENT SITE OF ANSU WAS REVOKED TO A MERE DISTANT LEARNING CAMPUS WHILE THE ADMIN AND OTHER VITAL DEPT. WERE RELOCATED TO A SAFER IGBARIAM NEAR AWKA. THE PEOPLE SUFFERED GREATLY FROM PETER OBI'S IRON FIST POLICY TOWARDS THEM. A POLICY THAT HASN'T STILL CHANGED.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by daveP(m): 2:31am On Jul 07, 2014
So fuuny cos all o4 them in d confab wouldave died by the time these states have taken a firm foundation(thats if its actually executed) now they reasoned 36 was created by Military power,so let Civilian powers create also to make a point. Instead of them to changed the Jamb created by the military and give the universities a new system,them are busy with states of no beneficial importance to d pple that would claim they hailed from it. Education,electricity,banking,mining and air travel(all military).no wonder some of them wana come back as civilians and contest presidency

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 2:56am On Jul 07, 2014
calebo101: maybe they should also create sambisia state for those chairmen in the North too, dash dem d whole forest abeg. lipsrsealed

Brother, Lmao, anytime I read two or more threads, I still come back to this ur comment and laff myself to exhaustion, u try jareh.

Dash them the whole forest let them create their on caliphate there.

Lol :-D

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by hamzatsalman: 4:16am On Jul 07, 2014
we want oke.ogun state not new oyo state atleast okeogun hav 10 local govt. with so many natural resource dat can make a viable and economically independent.pls.we dont want forceed marriage with oyo and ogbomosho people,kindly give us our oke.ogun state.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by nervegasfarts: 6:00am On Jul 07, 2014
If this is the way we want to go, let them create a new lagos state then. From berger to shagamu.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by ziziponsche(m): 6:16am On Jul 07, 2014
emeka94: Most stupid resolution the confab has made second only to the incredulous idea of rotation of presidency. Are these people blind or just plain selfish and greedy. Resources is scarce and corruption is thriving more than oil yet you still want to create more states. USA that's as large as what I don't know has only 50 states. By the way Nigerian govt claim to be copying America's style of federal governance. Creation of addition states will only make the center stronger, the states lazier, fragmentation of Nigeria and break up of ethnic groups and families. Of what is the reason behind dis creation of states?!! I can only see selfish reasons and selfish reason and selfish reasons. If 36 isn't working how will 54 work? Give LGAs autonomy, reduce the powers of federal and state govt and create city councils not states. please!!!. City councils will ensure the participation of ordinary men in governance, men that I can see and touch not governors that drive up and down in latest SUVs causing accidents and traffic jam. Tufiakwa. God save Nigeria from this old men and women.

Motion for City councils seconded.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 07, 2014
Chiwude: Creating an Adada state will be the worst mistake the S/E will make. Ebonyi state would be a child's play compared to Adada. First, apart from coal, the area lacks viable mineral resources. Second, With a stony soil, the terrain is composed of much mountains and less arable land which I think would impede agriculture. The areas lacks a viable population with only Nsukka as the only developed town. Hence, Methink, there should remain in Enugu, and manage the little Federal allocation they get every month.

nsukka is agricultural bro
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by siralash: 6:24am On Jul 07, 2014
Where is OKE OGUN state with ISEYIN capital. And. Lagoon state ...............yeye pple Where is OKE OGUN state with ISEYIN capital. And. Lagoon state ...............yeye pple

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Kashamu Begging Adebutu Kessignton ‘Baba Ijebu’ From Sick Bed (Leaked Video) / Deputy Governor In Trouble For Transferring COVID-19 Fund To A Woman's Account / Names & Pictures Of Officers Who Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.