Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital (104642 Views)

"Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by maestroferddi: 8:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
herald9:
I'm Currently in Cross River State...
I know what am talking about...
Maybe you stay in a remote area
Try travelling into the 'jungles' and you'll see what am talking about...
Dont let me know your state more than you do...
You don't know jack. The only local government I have not visited in Cross River is Bakassi. Elsewhere from Bekwarra to Etung, from Ogoja to Boki, from Yala to Akpabuyo, from Obubra to Ikom just name them, I have been there. What you have is a forest belt and arable lands, so your riverine cock and bull doesn't wash.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
I've been following this thread.
Chino72 is actually not wrong, Anambra do not need a state.
Since the creation of 4 states: Anambra, Enugu, Imo and Abia from the previous old Eastern Region, Anambra never asked for a state after Agbaenu people were carved out of old Anambra.

In Enugu, Ebonyi and Adada asked for states and Ebonyi was granted and Adada is about to be created.
In Abia, Aba requested for a state.
In Imo, Njaba/Orlu people requested for a state.
In Anambra, no one requested for a state simply because Anambra is near homogenous.

Now that more states are to be created from the SE, Anambra is being FORCED to contribute local governments and I'll say unwillingly.
Orumba North and South are going to Etiti State. Luckily for Aguata, they survived it.
Ihiala is being forced into Njaba.

If a referendum is conducted in those local governments today, I'll bet you they will not vote to leave Anambra but forces beyond them are at work.

So Chino72 is right, Anambra do not need a state because we are one people.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by passion007: 8:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
maestroferddi: Ina atokwa ochi, di anyi. Ala Africa nwere karia obodo iri ise na achi onwe ha. Mba Sudan, Kongo DR, Algeria na Mali no ya bu ndi nwere nnukwu ala. Enwekwara obodo Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho, Cape Verde, Rwanda na ndi ozo pekariri karia. Ha ncha na-achi onwe ha:asighi ka-enukota ha ncha onu ka ha buo ibu na ndi nnukwu mbua. Ya mere hapu okwu n'ihe gbasara ubara ala. Njaba State nwere imirikiti madu:ebu di ya; nfu di ya. Ndi Orlu nwe mmuta na agum-akwukwo; ma ya foduzie ulo-oru mmeputa aku-na-nba na ngwa ahia. Akuku Anambra ga-esonye na Njaba bu ndi azumahia were anya nke oma. Obu na oweghi ewu na okuko anya na alum di na nwunyea ga-abu nke emere na-eluigwe? Njaba State ga-akwu chim!!!

Iwotaro ihe m na-ekwu
Confab etigo iwu si na steeti ofuru obuna ga-enwe
1) Opekata mpe, ani kariri Lagos
2) Opekata mpe, mmadu kariri Bayelsa.

NJABA enwero nke izizi.
Mana ADADA nwee ha ibuo.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by maestroferddi: 8:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
passion007:

Nwanne, your veiled insult that I do some research is uncalled for.

Adada state was the first ever request for state creation.

Unfortunately, that order was sabotaged.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isi_Uzo

You can see na. You guys wanted Adada State in the Second Republic but lost out to Ebonyi State. How come there were not folks like you to articulate this quest then but only now when it can only fly in a 54-state arrangement?

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
Does anyone know the composition of Orashi State?
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by maestroferddi: 8:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
passion007:

Iwotaro ihe m na-ekwu
Confab etigo iwu si na steeti ofuru obuna ga-enwe
1) Opekata mpe, ani kariri Lagos
2) Opekata mpe, mmadu kariri Bayelsa.

NJABA enwero nke izizi.
Mana ADADA nwee ha ibuo.
Akuko iduu na oba. Odika inoghi na-obodo a! Ndi tiri iwu a, ja jiri egbe tie ya?
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
oyecuteez: . Thank U for stating the obvious. I would love you to visit any ministry that can give you tangible info about the landmass of oyo state. Then u will judge whether I'm right or wrong. U can as well google it and map-out the area I stated earlier. Information is quite easy to get nowadays. Not forgetting your submission, if just because ibadan is the 3rd largest in africa, then oyo state should av been one of the largest in africa. Wat I'm driving at is; we r not judging individual town or city here, all I talked about is region.
OK
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Chino72: 8:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
I thought they said that chino is an agent of division whereas it is because I say the bitter truth all the time. I don't care whose ox is gored.

Anambra is not interested in any state creation.

Anambra is monolithic and homogenous in nature, we don't want any part us touched in whatever guise either state creation.

It feels great being an Anambran. Nobody wants to go out of the Anambra Union because our government spreads development to all corners and every community in the state is thick and that is what makes Anambra thick as a state!

Ife eji abu Anambra erika.

ej007: I've been following this thread.
Chino72 is actually not wrong, Anambra do not need a state.
Since the creation of 4 states: Anambra, Enugu, Imo and Abia from the previous old Eastern Region, Anambra never asked for a state after Agbanu people were caved out of old Enugu.

In Enugu, Ebonyi and Adada asked for states and Ebonyi was granted and Adada is about to be created.
In Abia, Aba requested for a state.
In Imo, Njaba/Orlu people requested for a state.
In Anambra, no one requested for a state simply because Anambra is near homogenous.

Now that more states are to be created from the SE, Anambra is being FORCED to contribute local governments and I'll say unwillingly.
Orumba North and South are going to Etiti State. Luckily for Aguata, they survived it.
Ihiala is being forced into Njaba.

If a referendum is conducted in those local governments today, I'll bet you they will not vote to leave Anambra but forces beyond them is at work.

So Chino72 is right, Anambra do not need a state because we are one people.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by passion007: 8:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
maestroferddi: You can see na. You guys wanted Adada State in the Second Republic but lost out to Ebonyi State. How come there were not folks like you to articulate this quest then but only now when it can only fly in a 54-state arrangement?
You're misremembering.
Enugu was created in 1991, and Ebonyi much later in 1996
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by maestroferddi: 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
passion007:
You're misremembering.
Enugu was created in 1991, and Ebonyi much later in 1996
It therefore follows that the question of creation of Adada State has been overtaken/stymied by later events and therefore should be discountenanced. It can only be resurrected in a 54-state structure.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Emeka71(m): 9:19pm On Jul 07, 2014
Kaxmytex: Thrash!

Wot a nice way 2 increase population

36states to 54states..
no problem....atleast,d president go get more place 2 visit when it'z time for campaigning 4 election...
No wonder
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by passion007: 9:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
maestroferddi: It therefore follows that the question of creation of Adada State has been overtaken/stymied by later events and therefore should be discountenanced. It can only be resurrected in a 54-state structure.

Enugu and Ebonyi alone make up the upper half of Igboland.
It stands to reason that the new state should come from that northern half of Igboland in the spirit of equality.
No fuss, no muss.

#Support Adada State creation

Have a nice night.

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Chino72: 9:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
I support Adada as it is the only state that has landmass, population, resources, government institutions etc to be able to make a state!

SUPPORT ADADA TODAY!

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by passion007: 9:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
Chino72: I support Adada as it is the only state that has landmass, population, resources, government institutions etc to be able to make a state!

SUPPORT ADADA TODAY!

Thank you for your support.
We will be best neighbors with our brothers in Ayamelum LGA of Anambra.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by herald9: 9:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
maestroferddi: You don't know jack. The only local government I have not visited in Cross River is Bakassi. Elsewhere from Bekwarra to Etung, from Ogoja to Boki, from Yala to Akwabuyo, from Obubra to Ikom just name them, I have been there. What you have is a forest belt and arable lands, so your riverine cock and bull doesn't wash.
Lwkmd

Mr Traveller...which place in Cross River is called Akwabuyo? grin
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by mandax: 9:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
Gosh, some people continue to believe that they can rob Peter to pay Paul.

Njaba and Aba state proposals suffer much of the inconveniences of oil and gas explorations and exploitation, and contribute oil and gas revenues to Nigeria's coffers. Adada state proposal contributes none of these and suffers no environmental pollution from oil and gas exploration and exploitation.

Aba state proposal has 9 local govt area councils to be cut out from 18 local councils of Abia state;

while Njaba proposal has 12 local govt area councils to be cut out from the 27 local councils of Imo state.

Both Njaba and Abia state proposals have land masses and populations more than Adada state proposal of 7 local govt councils to be cut from Enugu state of 17 local councils. Above all, Ebonyi state was cut mainly from Enugu state a few years ago.

Please can any body tell us why anybody can think of making Adada a state before Njaba and Aba?

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by maestroferddi: 10:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
herald9:
Lwkmd

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by maestroferddi: 10:08pm On Jul 07, 2014
herald9:
Lwkmd

Which one are you: dense or density? Akpabuyo is an LG in Cross River. Even when it was mispelt as "Akwabuyo", conventional wisdom should have told you that it was Akpabuyo that was meant. BTW Akpabuyo is pronounced "Akwabuyo". Sorry I scrambled your puny attempt to talk what you know next to nothing about...

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by maestroferddi: 10:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
passion007:

Enugu and Ebonyi alone make up the upper half of Igboland.
It stands to reason that the new state should come from that northern half of Igboland in the spirit of equality.
No fuss, no muss.

#Support Adada State creation

Have a nice night.
I suggest you brush up your primal Philosophy and Logic lectures. I think you need so badly. Niger state is almost as big as the six states in SW Nigeria combined just as the land mass of Oyo State alone can compare to a certain extent with the combined land mass of the five states in the SE.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by herald9: 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
maestroferddi: Which one are you: dense or density? Akpabuyo is an LG in Cross River. Even when it was mispelt as "Akwabuyo", conventional wisdom should have told you that it was Akpabuyo that was meant. BTW Akpabuyo is pronounced "Akwabuyo". Sorry I scrambled your puny attempt to talk what you know next to nothing about...
whatever man

In summary...you can only know about a place if you have been there...

So am telling you about the condition of those places i've been and you are here refuting all my post as if you did a topographical survey on CRS...

Just Tell me you've passed through all those places you mentioned and i'll believe you.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by maestroferddi: 10:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
herald9:
whatever man

In summary...you can only know about a place if you have been there...

So am telling you about the condition of those places i've been and you are here refuting all my post as if you did a topographical survey on CRS...

Just Tell me you've passed through all those places you mentioned and i'll believe you.
You can't waste my time, I am sorry. I have spent months on field work in the places I mentioned. Tell where you are and I will give you a reasonable hint on how to navigate your way. There is no LG in Cross River that is not accessible. Granted some of the roads are in a state of disrepair but then that is a common denominator with some LG roads in Nigeria including places like Lagos.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by basilo101: 10:43pm On Jul 07, 2014
mandax: Gosh, some people continue to believe that they can rob Peter to pay Paul.

Njaba and Aba state proposals suffer much of the inconveniences of oil and gas explorations and exploitation, and contribute oil and gas revenues to Nigeria's coffers. Adada state proposal contributes none of these and suffers no environmental pollution from oil and gas exploration and exploitation.

Aba state proposal has 9 local govt area councils to be cut out from 18 local councils of Abia state;

while Njaba proposal has 12 local govt area councils to be cut out from the 27 local councils of Imo state.

Both Njaba and Abia state proposals have land masses and populations more than Adada state proposal of 7 local govt councils to be cut from Enugu state of 17 local councils. Above all, Ebonyi state was cut mainly from Enugu state a few years ago.

Please can any body tell us why anybody can think of making Adada a state before Njaba and Aba?
Let me tell u why Adada shud be a state instead of Aba n Njaba. Aba province is already a state but d capital was takn 2 umuahia. Same way onitsha province was givn a state and decided 2 use awka as capital. Njaba (orlu) was under owerri province and dia4 nt in league old metropolitan provinces of eastern region. As it stands nw, only Nsukka province is yet 2 be givn dia own state.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by oluamid(m): 11:08pm On Jul 07, 2014
Dayummn! All I see are land and power brokers. Creation of new states will not change the attitude of our politicians. As a matter of fact, those people at the confab are pushing for state creation because they know they will corner most of the new states' share of the national cake when it starts falling. Unfortunately, ordinary Nigerians who will bear the brunt of this cake cornering continue to wallow in ignorance as exemplified by most comments on this thread. We are already fighting among ourselves over this issue of state creation. The ruling class knows that they only need to throw us a bone and we will be so preoccupied with it that we won't ask them questions. What difference will it make if you change the name of a state or create a new one and say the people of X state are now people of Y state? Will it change the intellect of the people? Will it change how they think or do things? Will it change the fact that the ruling class will continue to rob us blind?

Let's stop putting the cart before the horse. Let's take care of corruption and the many other issues bedeviling us, then we can start thinking of creating more states. We don't need the creation of new states yet, what we need is the creation of a new mindset.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by mandax: 11:12pm On Jul 07, 2014
basilo101:
Let me tell u why Adada shud be a state instead of Aba n Njaba. Aba province is already a state but d capital was takn 2 umuahia. Same way onitsha province was givn a state and decided 2 use awka as capital. Njaba (orlu) was under owerri province and dia4 nt in league old metropolitan provinces of eastern region. As it stands nw, only Nsukka province is yet 2 be givn dia own state.

Umuahia was an old province. Whoever told you that Nsukka was a province before Orlu must have been lying to you; the same way they lie to you that there is Igbo north and Igbo south in which Anambra, Imo and Abia make up Igbo south. Whoside? Who created the divide? Those that make money from you people about Adada ever being carved as the next additional state in the south east before Njaba and Aba have been swindling you with hotel parties.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by winniz: 12:03am On Jul 08, 2014
Chino72: I thought they said that chino is an agent of division whereas it is because I say the bitter truth all the time. I don't care whose ox is gored.

Anambra is not interested in any state creation.

Anambra is monolithic and homogenous in nature, we don't want any part us touched in whatever guise either state creation.

It feels great being an Anambran. Nobody wants to go out of the Anambra Union because our government spreads development to all corners and every community in the state is thick and that is what makes Anambra thick as a state!

Ife eji abu Anambra erika.

Chino you are not de only Anambrarian on this forum but why can't an Adult like you respect himself? I guess you are just a paranoid person. I wish your Uga town fall into the new state so you can do the needful (G n D)

You should be closer to Imo state because of the Proximity of your town Uga to Imo state, I guess you are scared of any state creation because your Town Uga might fall into the new state, you keep shouting Anambra state more the real Anambrarians themselves whereas most of your comment on this thread have been so embarrassing you keep whining on this thread about this state creation of a thing.

Desist from Making divisive statement because we are all one and we are Hard-working people, Our Igbo states progress and are developed because of our individual efforts. As 4 Ihiala joining Njaba State a referendum should be conducted in ihiala to know if they are in support or against joining Njaba State.
God bless Anambra State
God bless IGBOLAND.

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Onlytruth(m): 12:03am On Jul 08, 2014
I ALWAYS hated divisions, and this state creation will never get my support even if it rectifies the marginalization of SE at the center.

Just see what is about to happen: people are about to be excised into a state they clearly don't want. I am yet to meet any Anambra person that wants to belong to any new state. The thieving politicians in the "national conference" are mainly representing themselves.

I also often wonder why my Imo brothers want another state carved for them. I believe that current Imo state is great AS IS and will only grow greater if left alone. I feel the same for Enugu (Adada thingy). Who says that Enugu can't develop and use the resources in Nsukka axis?

But by far the most laughable aspect of it all is that we are being told that the new states will practice "true federalism". Haha.
The older (bigger and strong ) states weren't allowed to practice it, it is the new tiny states that can fund state police (which must be included in any reasonable true federalism).

Folks are just deluded, honestly.
They should just leave Anambra alone. We are tired of divisions and sharing of "national cake". We want to work biko.
Our future is in our hands.

Proud Anambra son. cool

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by ConsciousMind: 12:30am On Jul 08, 2014
I'm divided in my opinion, about the creation of new states. It might just be a good thing, as local governments get more individual attention, more jobs etc... But how long will the good last until we have to make more states? Or end up undoing the whole thing. Like someone said, by the time the new states are finalized, the leaders of today will be no more. If new states had to be created to relieve political pressure, development obstacles, or for whatever reason, there should be a plan put into place.

Phase 1 should be creation of minority tribe states. Not all minorities should have states, but the populus minorities should, for example the Igalas and the Yorubas in Kogi should have indvidual states. The idomas, should be seperated form the Tivs, and smaller tribes such as Igede can decide who they want to follow until the dire need arises in future for them to have their own bit. This should hopefully take care of the state creation in the south too. A state should be created for the fulanis, preferably far up north, where if the cause any trouble, they will be put in place by neighbouring hausa states.

The north is too big, and is proving difficult for the northen leaders to govern. To make our decision as democratic and useful as possible, we can't leave out Boko haram, and the stringent sharia supporters. This leads to phase 2.

Phase 2 is where the middle belt is disassociated from the north. Middle belters do not even like being referred to as the north. Fewer states should be created in the north than proposed. The northern leaders should be allowed to govern as they like. Like someone said, the north doesn't really contribute much to Nigeria. If they won't help themselves, why should the middle belt, east, west and south put their throats on the line?

Phase 3 will then be the creation of other states in the east and west. I do not know how it works in the east and west, and which local governments want to leave which states. By reading comments on this thread i'm even more confused. But again, looking at the map the state concerntration is too high. So only a few states should be created. Also instead of creating a new state out of Taraba for example, the bottom part of Taraba and the tiniest part of benue should be cut off, and given to the east.

If a new state is created out of a curernt state, then that state's budget will be reduced proportionally and used as the budget for the new state. This includes infranstucture funding, state SALARIES, etc, maybe this will encourage the current leaders to work hard enough to make current states work.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 08, 2014
rockbase360: This is when you know Nigeria can't grow as a nation. These so-called delegates want more states added to the already unviable states? Nigeria should only have 9 states.
I agree that it's an absolute nonsense to create more states. Already most of the 36 states depend solely on the monthly handouts from the FG.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 1:08am On Jul 08, 2014
oluamid: Dayummn! All I see are land and power brokers. Creation of new states will not change the attitude of our politicians. As a matter of fact, those people at the confab are pushing for state creation because they know they will corner most of the new states' share of the national cake when it starts falling. Unfortunately, ordinary Nigerians who will bear the brunt of this cake cornering continue to wallow in ignorance as exemplified by most comments on this thread. We are already fighting among ourselves over this issue of state creation. The ruling class knows that they only need to throw us a bone and we will be so preoccupied with it that we won't ask them questions. What difference will it make if you change the name of a state or create a new one and say the people of X state are now people of Y state? Will it change the intellect of the people? Will it change how they think or do things? Will it change the fact that the ruling class will continue to rob us blind?

Let's stop putting the cart before the horse. Let's take care of corruption and the many other issues bedeviling us, then we can start thinking of creating more states. We don't need the creation of new states yet, what we need is the creation of a new mindset.

But they don't hear you. Smh.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 08, 2014
Onlytruth: I ALWAYS hated divisions, and this state creation will never get my support even if it rectifies the marginalization of SE at the center.

Just see what is about to happen: people are about to be excised into a state they clearly don't want. I am yet to meet any Anambra person that wants to belong to any new state. The thieving politicians in the "national conference" are mainly representing themselves.

I also often wonder why my Imo brothers want another state carved for them. I believe that current Imo state is great AS IS and will only grow greater if left alone. I feel the same for Enugu (Adada thingy). Who says that Enugu can't develop and use the resources in Nsukka axis?

But by far the most laughable aspect of it all is that we are being told that the new states will practice "true federalism". Haha.
The older (bigger and strong ) states weren't allowed to practice it, it is the new tiny states that can fund state police (which must be included in any reasonable true federalism).

They should just leave Anambra alone. We are tired of divisions and sharing of "national cake". We want to work biko.

Proud Anambra son. cool

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Chino72: 7:11am On Jul 08, 2014
The only man that says things the way it is has confirmed what I have been harping here! Just take a look at the highlighted!

Eze I ga adi!

Onlytruth: I ALWAYS hated divisions, and this state creation will never get my support even if it rectifies the marginalization of SE at the center.

Proud Anambra son. cool

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by diamond4life: 7:46am On Jul 08, 2014
[quote author=LMAyedun]National Conference: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital
By editor on July 6, 2014

Details of the 18 new states proposed by the ongoing National Conference t be created in addition to the 36 already in existence have been identified.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Names & Pictures Of Officers Who Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash / SVC: All Norsemen Are Vikings But All Vikings Are Not Norsemen / Deputy Governor In Trouble For Transferring COVID-19 Fund To A Woman's Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.