Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital (104648 Views)

"Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by amanda2013(f): 3:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
kolamilan: madam , why don't you go to abuja and complain. Better still NTA.
please help me tell her. CNN will even be better so that America will know.

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by MEILYN(m): 3:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
Mad Cow: At this juncture, I officially think this Confab is going to do more harm than good to this nation.

More states?! When many of the ones we have now are not economically viable and are more of a liability to the nation than an asset.

What happened to the federalism structure of government that we are supposed to be running? Rather than more states, why not decentralize power and move more towards empowering the LGAs as they are the nearest government to the people?

More states = More politicians = more people to steal our money = less money for the people. angry

I officially give up. angry
You have not been following the conference. If you have, you would have known that plans were made for the above.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by samwheel(m): 3:01pm On Jul 06, 2014
Mad Cow: At this juncture, I officially think this Confab is going to do more harm than good to this nation.

More states?! When many of the ones we have now are not economically viable and are more of a liability to the nation than an asset.

What happened to the federalism structure of government that we are supposed to be running? Rather than more states, why not decentralize power and move more towards empowering the LGAs as they are the nearest government to the people?

More states = More politicians = more people to steal our money = less money for the people. angry

I officially give up. angry
This is what we get when old blinded fools represent the youth in discussing their future.

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 06, 2014
MEILYN: Nairalanders? I thought this forum was filled with intelligent people? I am very disappointed in you guys. So you guys don't see the advantage of new states? You don't know it will bring development especially in infrastructure? Bring the government closer to the people? Woooooow. Na wa for ona ooo

The problem is the old states are not financially viable.

Name one current state (apart from lagos) that can survive if Abuja cuts off its monthly allocation.

Name one current state that has a plan to develop a strong industrial sector....not building a few factories aid importing raw materials to keep them running....but industries that produce innovative, competitive products using raw materials sourced in the state.
...which will provide jobs and help them to become less reliant on oil...so that the South South can achieve resource control without any problems.
Most states nowadays exist to share oil money...which is why some people ask for new states so that they can enjoy parity in the sharing. Development hardly comes into it.

So forgive me....but new states are not needed. What is needed is Nigerians actually understanding the meaning of the word development (and no,it is not getting more cash from Abuja).

6 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by uromicom: 3:01pm On Jul 06, 2014
LIAR IT WONT WORK WE ALREADY HAVE 36 STATE AND THAT IS ENOUGH INSTEAD OF THEM TO THINK OF HOW TO DEVELOP THE STATE THEY ALREADY GOT THEY ARE HERE THINKING OF HOW TO CREATE MORE STATE EWO CONGO

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Tval(m): 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
See thinking o. Smh
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by xynerise: 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
Etiti state? undecided

Another way to embezzle money
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by sirugos(m): 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
More state, more criminals, more bokoharam. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Young4jose: 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
Na madness dy worry them all, No Auchi State frm Edo State' then 4get d creation of States.......! #wki 4 their head#
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by yemosticadam(m): 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
Why can't these people jst give d yorubas in kwara state their own state. We don't even knw d meaning of kwara. Ah ah Nigeria, give us our state ooooo

4 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
MEILYN: I beg to disagree with the bold. I agree with the other things you mentioned though.

Nigeria produces just as much oil as the UAE.....the United Arab Emirates.....but the UAE has just about 8million people.

Saudi Arabia, the world's largest oil producer has just 11 million people.

Libya....which most of you people were admiring....produced five times more oil than Nigeria during Ghaddafy's time....and just had six million people (including expats).

Nigeria has 160million people and counting.

You do the math....

4 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
18 fucklng new states to make it total of 54 states in Nigeria.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by MEILYN(m): 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
bushdoc9919:

The problem is the old states are not financially viable.

Name one current state (apart from lagos) that can survive if Abuja cuts off its monthly allocation.

Name one current state that has a plan to develop a strong industrial sector....not building a few factories aid importing raw materials to keep them running....but industries that produce innovative, competitive products using raw materials sourced in the state.
...which will provide jobs and help them to become less reliant on oil...so that the South South can achieve resource control without any problems.
Most states nowadays exist to share oil money...which is why some people ask for new states so that they can enjoy parity in the sharing. Development hardly comes into it.

So forgive me....but new states are not needed. What is needed is Nigerians actually understanding the meaning of the word development (and no,it is not getting more cash from Abuja).
Don't judge the conference please. They have discussed about all the issues you raised. They are making plans towards it.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by possibilita(m): 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
and if all states are created of which i pray it should be created,the name of the country should also change frm federal republic of nigeria to UNITED STATES OF NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by softandsweet(f): 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lildreezy: ANIOMA STATE is needed in delta o! Enough of the marginalization by Urhobo's. Ibori and Uduaghan has created gaps that can't easily be closed!
I totally agree with you. I grew up in the northern part of Nigeria, and anytime I try to identify myself as a deltan, and say I'm from Asaba. The Urhobo's Itsekiri, Isoko's and the likes always imply that we are not a true deltan, that I am delta Ibo or whatever. Its worse especially since I dont speak and act like "I go die" grin. Sentiments aside I think the marginalization is a welcome development.

6 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by santakris(m): 3:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
The list is not completed without Okun State. Okun State, Kabba.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by chronique(m): 3:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
Rubbish.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Anuoluwap(m): 3:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
Wow! Boko-haram will get alot of states to visit when they're created.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by MEILYN(m): 3:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Nigeria produces just as much oil as the UAE.....the United Arab Emirates.....but the UAE has just about 8million people.

Saudi Arabia, the world's largest oil producer has just 11 million people.

Libya....which most of you people were admiring....produced five times more oil than Nigeria during Ghaddafy's time....and just had six million people (including expats).

Nigeria has 160million people and counting.

You do the math....
hmmmmm. I get you now.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Youngzedd(m): 3:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
What rubbish.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by MadCow1: 3:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
nnamdi big: If approves by the senate, according to our useless constitution, it means creation of more ministries, having more ministers and ministers of states which we already have in excess. Meaning giving more to the reach and less to the poor.

Funny enough, the Confab wants to create more states and reduce the number of ministers and ministries.. grin

Welcome to the new National anthem of Marginalization or zoning of Ministerial appointments.

4 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
These guys are preparing d road for d disintegration of Nigeria... (Northern agenda). Create Oron state & Eastern Obolo state...

This is quite sad!
People who r supposed to make resolutions for better tomorrow are only seeking ways to be part of Govt. N loot!
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
MEILYN: Don't judge the conference please. They have discussed about all the issues you raised. They are making plans towards it.

And that is the problem with you Nigerians.....you think you need a conference to discuss development....when you should be pushing your governors and LGA chairmen to develop innovative industries, and you should be pushing your graduates to develop ideas that can be used to move Naija forward....instead of sitting down in air-conditioned banks counting money.

Nigerians are lazy. Very. Development means getting yer hands dirty. We just want to pose with the little oil money we have with cars and houses and roads....rather than invent the materials needed to make cheaper cars, cheaper and quality houses and cheaper and quality roads.

But no....we just want to talk. Just like Talkative in Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress.

5 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by mbulela: 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
emeka94: Most stupid resolution the confab has made second only to the incredulous idea of rotation of presidency. Are these people blind or just plain selfish and greedy. Resources is scarce and corruption is thriving more than oil yet you still want to create more states. USA that's as large as what I don't know has only 50 states. By the way Nigerian govt claim to be copying America's style of federal governance. Creation of addition states will only make the center stronger, the states lazier, fragmentation of Nigeria and break up of ethnic groups and families. Of what is the reason behind dis creation of states?!! I can only see selfish reasons and selfish reason and selfish reasons. If 36 isn't working how will 54 work? Give LGAs autonomy, reduce the powers of federal and state govt and create city councils not states. please!!!. City councils will ensure the participation of ordinary men in governance, men that I can see and touch not governors that drive up and down in latest SUVs causing accidents and traffic jam. Tufiakwa. God save Nigeria from this old men and women.

The entire confab is a total waste of time,just like some of is predicted. They should just share their allocation in peace and go away.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by EngrDozzyMary(m): 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
Personaly i tink it wud be a gud idea if we adopt "RESOURCE CONTROL" but wt dix same major singular revenue "CRUDE OIL" it is complete non sense!
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by freshness2020: 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lord Centurion: nice one,this is the opportunity to create more job,even I support it if we can have 100 state,this will create chance for peace and beautify our country. ...let them have there own state
True talk...
So na Njabaites tins!
Funny name!
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by FreeGlobe(f): 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
waste of time.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Chino72: 3:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
Forget their gimmicks, no part of Anambra is interested! Tell your brother's wife to calm down as such thing will not happen! Nobody is taking any part of Anambra out!

VICTORCIZA: my big brother married from ihiala and the lady has been cursing and shouting about including ihiala in njaba state. Ihiala people should stay with their Anambra brothers.
orlu get your state and leave ihiala people alone
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Lildreezy(m): 3:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
soft and sweet:
I totally agree with you. I grew up in the northern part of Nigeria, and anytime I try to identify myself as a deltan, and say I'm from Asaba. The Urhobo's Itsekiri, Isoko's and the likes always imply that we are not a true deltan, that I am delta Ibo or whatever. Its worse especially since I dont speak and act like "I go die" grin. Sentiments aside I think the marginalization is a welcome development.

i school in owerri, and when i tell someone am from delta, the next thing they say is Urhobo wado, or Brendo, and when i'm like am Igbo(Asaba to be precise), they're like hmmm. Its even worse for those from aniocha north, oshimili north, Ogwash and Kwale area.

So u're from asaba too? Nice nice,,,
ino ofuma?

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by FreeGlobe(f): 3:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
xynerise: Etiti state? undecided

Another way to embezzle money
lol at etiti state. Joke of the year grin grin grin grin
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by texaco1: 3:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
Gej is playing all of you and you are dancing to it,can't u see that all this is politics . 18states ko ,180 states ni. Smh

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Hero10001: 3:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
Which kind sharing formular be this?
9:4:2:3 'wrt' North, East, West, South respectively?
I'm seeing things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Kashamu Begging Adebutu Kessignton ‘Baba Ijebu’ From Sick Bed (Leaked Video) / Names & Pictures Of Officers Who Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash / SVC: All Norsemen Are Vikings But All Vikings Are Not Norsemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.