Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Creation Of Additional 18 States: What's Your Take - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Creation Of Additional 18 States: What's Your Take (635 Views)

Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States / 18 States Where Jonathan Might Lose This Election - Adedayo Ademuwagun / Fashola Rejects Creation Of Additional States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creation Of Additional 18 States: What's Your Take by Theo4(m): 1:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
The National Confab recently proposed the creation of additional 18 states for the country and that will bring the number of states to 54. The creation of states started with the military era; Gen Gowon dissolved the regions and created 12 states and then increased it to 19. When Gen Mohammed came and he increased the number of states to 21. The Gen Babangida govt increased it to 27 and then 30 before Gen Abacha caped it up to the present 36 states. Now, for the first time in a democratic regime a whooping 18 states are to be created if the recommendation of the national confab is anything to go by. Nairalanders what's your take on the proposed new states creation?
Re: Creation Of Additional 18 States: What's Your Take by saintkash(m): 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
trash that's how I see it... how have we been able to manage 36 states talkless of 54? we are not and can never be equal with American.... why competing with them in terms of number of states? in my own opinion I think we should reduce from our 36 to maybe 30.
Re: Creation Of Additional 18 States: What's Your Take by KnowAll(m): 2:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
Some of those states should be created but not all 18.

Borno State as it is, is far too large to police not to talk of manning the whole trouble spot within the state. Sambisia forest was said to be as large as Lagos State. So by creating a "Savannah State" to the South of Borno State covering the areas of Chibok, Biu and other Southern areas in the state would not only allow effective monitoring, prompt curbing of any of the excesses of Boko Haram and a timely nipping in the bud of any other trouble spot that might rear her ugly head within the context of the state.

The only clog to this state becoming a reality would probably be her population.
One of the criteria for the creation of a new state was the proposed state should have at least 1 million people.

2 Likes

Re: Creation Of Additional 18 States: What's Your Take by Jennydoris(f): 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
18 states or more God please I still want to remain an ANAMBRARIAN.
Re: Creation Of Additional 18 States: What's Your Take by egift(m): 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
For me, not all of them are viable. Any state that cannot sustain itself should not be created.
Re: Creation Of Additional 18 States: What's Your Take by Theo4(m): 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
Which local govt are you from? That is the only way you can determine what your new state would be if the new states are created.
Jennydoris: 18 states or more God please I still want to remain an ANAMBRARIAN.
Re: Creation Of Additional 18 States: What's Your Take by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
My take ke? I stopped memorizing the states and their capitals wen the thing turn to 36 states. I stopped at the 21 states. That 21 sef na by force because i was still doing social studies. By the time e turn 36, I was free from the nonsense. I simply can't memorize the 36 they come dey make am 54!!!! These people are mad, I jes pity the school 'shildren'. I'll ask my son not to waste his time trying to memorize 54 states. Bocs I remembered wen I tried memorizing to 36 states, my brain jes reset to colonial times of the regions grin grin that, I easily memorized....
Re: Creation Of Additional 18 States: What's Your Take by Extralarger(m): 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
Whether 54 or 74, Aguata still remains Anambra! Proud ANAMBARIAN!

1 Like

Re: Creation Of Additional 18 States: What's Your Take by Jennydoris(f): 7:55pm On Jul 06, 2014
Theo4: Which local govt are you from? That is the only way you can determine what your new state would be if the new states are created.

Proudly AGUATA.....
Re: Creation Of Additional 18 States: What's Your Take by Theo4(m): 8:33pm On Jul 06, 2014
You will remain in Anambra if that's the case. Good for you.
Jennydoris:

Proudly AGUATA.....
Re: Creation Of Additional 18 States: What's Your Take by iluvnaija: 8:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
National disgrace!
I heard Califonia is US alone is bigger than Nigeria and they didn't split the state.

How true is this?
Re: Creation Of Additional 18 States: What's Your Take by Theo4(m): 5:28am On Jul 07, 2014
The USA state of Carlifornia is very big but not as big as Nigeria. The size of Carlifornia is 423, 970Km sq and that of Nigeria is 923, 970 Km sq.
iluvnaija: National disgrace!
I heard Califonia is US alone is bigger than Nigeria and they didn't split the state.

How true is this?

(1) (Reply)

The Ricesification Of Ekiti And Amalarisation Of Nigerian Politics / Only Way To Get Uninterrupted Power Supply Is By Voting Out PDP In 2015′ - BRF / Witches And Wizard Declare War On Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.