Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Etisalat Timely Browsing - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat Timely Browsing (4371 Views)

"Airtel Introduced Timely Based Data Plan For Unlimited Downloading" / FINALLY! Airtel Nigeria Introduces Timely Plan (for Unlimited Download) / Airtel NG Introduces Timely Based Plan For Unlimited Downloads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat Timely Browsing by wasagu(m): 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
[color=#000099][/color
Hi Pals. Etisalat come up with new cheaper plan that enable you to use up to 1Gb with less than N500.
They called it PAYAS YOU GO BY PULSE.
Is not a tweak call their customer care for details.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
Etisalat Pay As You Go Pulse is a time-based
data plan. Instead of the subscriber being
given a data allocation, this plan gives the
subscriber access to unlimited data at a rate of
N15 for every 5 minutes. The subscriber’s time
counts only as long as they are connected. I gave the plan a spin this afternoon.
Subscribing was easy. I dialled *229*5*7#,
and waited for an SMS confirming my
subscription, then loaded N500 airtime. Then,
I put the SIM in my MiFi device and switched it
on. It got a connection immediately and I was able to use the connection on both laptop and
mobile. During usage all afternoon, I consistently got
speeds in the range of 2.5 Mbps for
downloads and 1 Mbps for uploads.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by Mcleo007(m): 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
Its not new, been on for some months now.

In other news, please where do i get i MifI device and how much is it. Thanks
Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by DaBozz(m): 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2014
Op, can one use it to browse on android phone directly without any settings?
Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by biz2get(m): 6:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
DaBozz: Op, can one use it to browse on android phone directly without any settings?

Yes yuu can......
Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by Skykid1208(m): 8:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
What if ur 15 mins is over will they automatically deduct ur 15 naira nd give u another 15 mins, or will they start deducting ur money, eg if i subscribe nw nd i have #200,when my 15mins is over will they diduct my 15 nd give me more time??
Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 9:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
yes, they wud deduct and give u anoda 5mins...

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
it doesn't work on every line, I've tried it before without success, just threw the line away, bought a new one still to no avail, that was when I gave up.

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by UchihaItachi(m): 4:54am On Jul 07, 2014
Skykid1208: What if ur 15 mins is over will they automatically deduct ur 15 naira nd give u another 15 mins, or will they start deducting ur money, eg if i subscribe nw nd i have #200,when my 15mins is over will they diduct my 15 nd give me more time??

15mins? You want to kill etisalat? It's 5mins and yes, they automatically deduct 15N every 5mins till you deactivate it or turn off your Internet or run out of airtime
Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by gentlefada(m): 8:20am On Jul 07, 2014
how do you turn it off ?
Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by omotayos01(m): 8:53am On Jul 07, 2014
gentlefada: how do you turn it off ?
*229*0# or just off your mobile data
Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by gingger(m): 9:52am On Jul 07, 2014
omotayos01:
*229*0# or just off your mobile data

use d code instead cos even if u turned d data off dey will still collect ur airtime until u ve non left...

this payg has been on for sometime now m surprised some of u re getting it now
Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 07, 2014
Mcleo007: In other news, please where do i get i MifI device and how much is it. Thanks

Do you really need mifi? Just get a cheap phone that can tether (used as hotspot). Android phones are good to go

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by biomedixexcel(m): 11:06am On Jul 07, 2014
Not new
Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by Mcleo007(m): 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
PoshGuy:

Do you really need mifi? Just get a cheap phone that can tether (used as hotspot). Android phones are good to go

Phone data delivery is far inferior to what data modems or MIFI would give. Thats why!
Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by DaBozz(m): 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
I loaded N100 and gave the Etisalat PAYG a try today, it was really cool. I tried it at about 9:30am with a 3g network and a downloading speed of 250-800kbps. Within 30mins, I was able to download 2 movies of about 650MB and updated most of my apps. Next time with a better recharge, I would try it very early in the morning or late in the night when there would be less traffic and better data downloading speed and I would connect my system to my phone via hotspot-wifi connection.
Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by seriousthing(m): 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2014
wasagu: [color=#000099][/color
Hi Pals. Etisalat come up with new cheaper plan that enable you to use up to 1Gb with less than N500.
They called it PAYAS YOU GO BY PULSE.
Is not a tweak call their customer care for details.

old news
Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by dljbd1(m): 8:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
akrufus08: Etisalat Pay As You Go Pulse is a time-based
data plan. Instead of the subscriber being
given a data allocation, this plan gives the
subscriber access to unlimited data at a rate of
N15 for every 5 minutes. The subscriber’s time
counts only as long as they are connected. I gave the plan a spin this afternoon.
Subscribing was easy. I dialled *229*5*7#,
and waited for an SMS confirming my
subscription, then loaded N500 airtime. Then,
I put the SIM in my MiFi device and switched it
on. It got a connection immediately and I was able to use the connection on both laptop and
mobile. During usage all afternoon, I consistently got
speeds in the range of 2.5 Mbps for
downloads and 1 Mbps for uploads.
Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 08, 2014
Mcleo007:

Phone data delivery is far inferior to what data modems or MIFI would give. Thats why!
A modern 3g capable phone works just fine, same technology. All these cheap techno phones would do

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by Mcleo007(m): 10:50am On Jul 10, 2014
PoshGuy:
A modern 3g capable phone works just fine, same technology. All these cheap techno phones would do

Not true!
Re: Etisalat Timely Browsing by biz2get(m): 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
Mcleo007:

Inferior yuu say My Mifi gives me nor more than 500kb on idm
And my Gs4 gives me 3mb on IDM
That same day i handed the mifi to a friend.... Dont think i dont need such rubbish....

(1) (Reply)

Cheapest Call Tarriff Plan And Ways Of Cutting Call Cost. / Cool Whatsapp Tricks You May Want To Know / Airtel 200 For 1 Gig Still Working?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.