Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,053 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Steps To Create Your Own Successful Website, No Design Or Programing Required - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Steps To Create Your Own Successful Website, No Design Or Programing Required (712 Views)

Check Out This Website - No Regrets! (share This) / Responsive Design Or Mobile Site- How To Choose The One That Suits You / Sharp Sharp Website. No Yearly Payment, Domain Name, Unlimited Pages - N10,000 Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steps To Create Your Own Successful Website, No Design Or Programing Required by WebHostingPal: 3:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
Hi, I'm' Sammie from HostNigeria

Today I will like to briefly discuss the Steps You Need to Create Your Own Successful Website, No Design or Programming Required

Domain Name Registration and Website Hosting

1 - Think deeply about what you want your website to be about - try not to be jack of all trade
2 - Think of a domain name that best describe what your website is about
3 - Order your domain name
4 - Search for a reputable web hosting company - For features, ease of use and convenience, I will suggest a web host that offers access to cPanel
5 - Subscribe to a quality web hosting service provider
6 - Login into your domain registration account and update your name servers to the ones provided to you by your web host
7 - Take a breather and wait, give between 24 and 48 hours for your domain to properly propagate
8 - After your domain propagates, you are ready to roll.

Creating the Actual Website Via cPanel

9 - Login into your web hosting cPanel account
10 - Head to QuickInstall or Fantastico De Luxe in your cPanel
11 - To your left would be a list of pre-installed software you can click to install on your web hosting account
12 - Select the best software that you believe is suitable for your web projects and click to install - Installation is automatic
13 - Once the installation is completed, you can follow the onscreen instruction on how to login as the admin staff
14 - Now login into the admin area of your site and start managing. Create unique contents and avoid copying other people contents.
15 - It is really important that you learn more about the software you have installed on your server - So head to the creator's website for tips and add-ons
16 - It's early days, so don't worry if you don't have visitors, this will not happen immediately. Concentrate on working on your site for at lease 6 months

Promoting Your Website

17 - Register with a minimum of 10 community forums, make use of their introduction pages, avoid communities full of spammers
18 - Submit your site to Google, Bing and Yahoo - They are the most popular search engines
19 - List your website to 10 quality directories
20 - Sign up with Facebook and create a Facebook Page
21 - Signup with Twitter and link your Twitter account with your Facebook's
22 - Exchange links with at least 10 other websites with similar interest to yours
23 - Visit blogs and make meaningful contributions, making sure that you make reference link back to your website
24 - Avoid spamming other people's websites - Stick to this routine for at lease 6 months.

And there you go, you have it, the most basic way of owning a quality website that the search engines love. If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask me. I will respond as soon as I'm free.

Please follow and like my facebook page if you find my step-by-step guide useful https://twitter.com/hostnigeria and https://www.facebook.com/HostNigeria I will follow you back.

Best of Luck.

1 Like

Re: Steps To Create Your Own Successful Website, No Design Or Programing Required by lambvard: 3:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
Re: Steps To Create Your Own Successful Website, No Design Or Programing Required by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
Beautiful!

Thanks Alot!
Re: Steps To Create Your Own Successful Website, No Design Or Programing Required by WebHostingPal: 7:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ceasar1: Beautiful!

Thanks Alot!

Glad you like it and thanks for the feedback.

(1) (Reply)

Need A Guest Author For Technology Blog / Sport Betting Website / How Giving A Free Ebook Can Increase Your Affiliate Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.