Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,544 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

The Rise And Rise Of The "John Obu's Boys". - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Rise And Rise Of The "John Obu's Boys". (3355 Views)

Sunday Oliseh Strikes Pose With His Boys After Today's Training Session In Abuja / The Rise And Rise Of Asisat Oshoala (pics) / Which Of The John Mikel Obi Plays For Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rise And Rise Of The "John Obu's Boys". by abatically(m): 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
MadCow1:

Lol..

The one wey Shock me be say Robben is 30 years old.. grin

That guy wey resemble who senior Giggs. grin

But if he were Nigerian, them for don use Opata destroy ehn career. grin

Robben is 30 and he's playing at his peak right now, Ronaldo is 29, also at his peak. Can u show me a Nigerian player at 30 who is playing at his peak? Mikel obi is 27 officially and already past his best. If u show me a Nigerian at 30 playing in the same level as robben then u win.
Re: The Rise And Rise Of The "John Obu's Boys". by Syenite(m): 12:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
abatically:

OK, let's wait and see. I understand ur point about MRI introduced in 2009. We will actually know if its fraud or not in a few years to see if these boys can still play to their potential. And thank God u realize taiye taiwo and co were frauds.
This man we know all these. We have accepted dat prio to 2009 we cheated at age grade competitions.Fifa'a introduction of d MRI scan has done us good this far. We now have players with genuine or close to genuine age. It is now left to our football authorities to manage these boys.
Re: The Rise And Rise Of The "John Obu's Boys". by Syenite(m): 1:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
Emmysteve: Why must the 2018 wc be built on these players you highlighted above? I used to think the same we you do but not anymore. i think it you guys should stop calling on these 2013 under boys to be integrated into super eagles too soon. Our problem in this country is that we easily gets carried away by little success. A lot of people don't know that the present Eheanacho Kelechi is not the same with the one we saw at the u17 world cup. I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw Eheanacho during the qualifier against Namibia at Ahmadu Bello stadium Kaduna
; Eheanacho is now a shadow of himself, as a matter of fact, he is no longer in Manu's starting 11. Unless something is done, his talent would go down the drain.

As i said before, we easily get carried away by little success. Most people are clamoring for these boys to be rushed without reasoning. If we do any mistake in succumbing to that call, Nigeria will ever lived to regret it.

My suggestion is that these boys must be kept together and must pass through the various age grade competitions before integrating them into the super eagles. After the 2015 AYC, they should be promoted to under 23 before talking about the super eagles.
Abeg make una no kill these boys career

For ur info Prio to U17WC, Iheanacho was a sub. Have u heard of Bulbwa and Muasam? They kept Iheanacho on d bench for most of d U17 qualifiers.Both players failed d MRI test and Iheanacho profited from it. Both Bulbwa and Muazam are back in d team. They are full of so much quality dat dey kept Iheanacho on d bench nt as if Iheanacho has lost form. The senior players in that team are back.
Re: The Rise And Rise Of The "John Obu's Boys". by Syenite(m): 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
Emmysteve: Why must the 2018 wc be built on these players you highlighted above? I used to think the same we you do but not anymore. i think it you guys should stop calling on these 2013 under boys to be integrated into super eagles too soon. Our problem in this country is that we easily gets carried away by little success. A lot of people don't know that the present Eheanacho Kelechi is not the same with the one we saw at the u17 world cup. I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw Eheanacho during the qualifier against Namibia at Ahmadu Bello stadium Kaduna
; Eheanacho is now a shadow of himself, as a matter of fact, he is no longer in Manu's starting 11. Unless something is done, his talent would go down the drain.

As i said before, we easily get carried away by little success. Most people are clamoring for these boys to be rushed without reasoning. If we do any mistake in succumbing to that call, Nigeria will ever lived to regret it.

My suggestion is that these boys must be kept together and must pass through the various age grade competitions before integrating them into the super eagles. After the 2015 AYC, they should be promoted to under 23 before talking about the super eagles.
Abeg make una no kill these boys career

Well said But Iheanacho did nt lose form. It is jst dat the senior players in the team that failed d MRI test are back. Ever heard of Bulbwa and Muazam?
Re: The Rise And Rise Of The "John Obu's Boys". by lloydtruth: 7:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
For those calling nigerian players age cheats and their european counterparts innocents please check out this. Diego costa 25 years old

1 Like

Re: The Rise And Rise Of The "John Obu's Boys". by lloydtruth: 8:18pm On Jul 07, 2014
and this. Arjen Robben 30 years old

1 Like

Re: The Rise And Rise Of The "John Obu's Boys". by abatically(m): 8:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
lloydtruth: and this. Arjen Robben 30 years old

I know a lot of 28 year old Americans that look older than robben so what are u talking? Physical appearance means nothing. Wayne Rooney developed bald hair since when he was a kid. It became so embarrassing he had to undergo a surgery a few years ago. How many Nigerian players at 30 can run like robben. Robben at 30 is still very fit and plays at the highest level, Mikel at 27 is already past his best. Taiye Taiwo and ogbuke at 29 are past their best. Nsofor at 28 is already a dead wood.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Worst Goalkeepers Mistakes In Football History (funny) / Do Real Madrid Sack Capello And Sign Mourinho? / David "the Haymaker" Haye V. John Ruiz- Wiil U Be Watching?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.