Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

How Do I Correct My Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Correct My Pastor (1198 Views)

Help! My Pastor Hates Me! / My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) / Must My Pastor Rake Me To Fall In The Name Of Deliverance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Correct My Pastor by psychologist(m): 7:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
My pastor usually use the word infinitesimal when addressing God's might.
Now because of my curiousity to know what the word meant, cus of his frequent usage of the word,I went to wikipedia and typed infinitesimal and discovered it meant xtremely small thing.
I know he's mistakening the word for "BIG/LARGE"
Nw my question is what is the best way to draw his attention to the word and its meaning---
Tnx 4 ya replys asap

1 Like

Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by moonberry: 7:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
grin wow! You just have to tell him, hmm maybe privately.
Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by Danhumprey: 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
LWKMD....The pastor no get dictionary?gringringrin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by psychologist(m): 8:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
Danhumprey: LWKMD....The pastor no get dictionary?gringringrin
bia stand well well oo
Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by Karleb(m): 8:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
psychologist: bia stand well well oo

How I'm go take stand? grin undecided

Your pastor is one funny man.

Infinitesimal indeed embarassed grin
Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by cbrass(m): 8:30pm On Jul 06, 2014
End time things...iluminati packaged well shocked

who wouldn't take the pain to know the meaning of the word that's difficult to pronounce grin
Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by Tallesty1(m): 8:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
Hahahahahahahahahahaha, Some pastors think using big grammars make them sound powerful. I mean they think they can use gargantuan idioms to fabricate a miracle.gringringrin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by mployer(m): 8:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lol, he thought the word came from 'Infinite'
Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by psychologist(m): 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
C dem! There av invaded embarassed m asking another thing, they are answering another...chief thread derailers. btwn let me put somethings straight here, am attending redeem church, not a ministry or what have you, and my pastor is a man that I respect so much.
I believe no one is an island of knowledge so apply to him, whenever he says that, I know what he meant, lemi use his line here so u guys can understand( Our God is infinitesimal,he's a big God,he's indiscribable) stuff like that.
Just wanna know how to draw his attention to that word before he gets transferred to another Area,xo he doesnt sound weird.
Tnx all
Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by meemeee: 12:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
HI, write it on a sheet of paper and send it through an usher to give to your pastor.That's if the usher has access to him, if not send it through anyone that has direct access to him. No need to write your name.

psychologist: My pastor usually use the word infinitesimal when addressing God's might.
Now because of my curiousity to know what the word meant, cus of his frequent usage of the word,I went to wikipedia and typed infinitesimal and discovered it meant xtremely small thing.
I know he's mistakening the word for "BIG/LARGE"
Nw my question is what is the best way to draw his attention to the word and its meaning---
Tnx 4 ya replys asap
Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by charlsecy(m): 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2014
This is a very simple project. Using a number people don't know you with or a bulk SMS service, text him about the error. You can even include a web link pointing to the word's meaning like http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/infinitesimal

1 Like

Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by Dragonking: 2:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
For the pastor mind, he thought his brainwashing will succeed further with big big grammar. Am glad the OP went to confirm the meaning of the word as many christians will not even confirm what their business pastor preach..They just swallow everything hook, line and sinker.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by Ayomivic(m): 6:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
psychologist: C dem! There av invaded embarassed m asking another thing, they are answering another...chief thread derailers. btwn let me put somethings straight here, am attending redeem church, not a ministry or what have you, and my pastor is a man that I respect so much.
I believe no one is an island of knowledge so apply to him, whenever he says that, I know what he meant, lemi use his line here so u guys can understand( Our God is infinitesimal,he's a big God,he's indiscribable) stuff like that.
Just wanna know how to draw his attention to that word before he gets transferred to another Area,xo he doesnt sound weird.
Tnx all

Your pastor might understand what he was saying. It might be you that does not understand him. Have you heard this praising song before?

Talo to o,baba ta lo ju olo, apanla to sole aiye ro, erujeje tin gbenu awon orun, O tobitobi orun o gba a, talo to o, okere niye on gbenu eniyan o talo ju o lo. Meaning
who be like you or who can be equalized to you? who is bigger or greater than you? the big arms that upheld the world, the scary one that dwelled in heaven, he is very big to the extent that heaven can not occupy him, he is very small to the extent that he lives inside of person, who is bigger than you?

Depends on your reasoning , someone can praise God by saying God is small, if he can prove it. From what you said here, he said " God is indescribable" if he keeps saying that God is big without him saying God is small, i think he has discribe God. Saying that God is small after he had said God is big is what make God indescribable.
Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by psychologist(m): 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ayomivic:

Your pastor might understand what he was saying. It might be you that does not understand him. Have you heard this praising song before?

Talo to o,baba ta lo ju olo, apanla to sole aiye ro, erujeje tin gbenu awon orun, O tobitobi orun o gba a, talo to o, okere niye on gbenu eniyan o talo ju o lo. Meaning
who be like you or who can be equalized to you? who is bigger or greater than you? the big arms that upheld the world, the scary one that dwelled in heaven, he is very big to the extent that heaven can not occupy him, he is very small to the extent that he lives inside of person, who is bigger than you?

Depends on your reasoning , someone can praise God by saying God is small, if he can prove it. From what you said here, he said " God is indescribable" if he keeps saying that God is big without him saying God is small, i think he has discribe God. Saying that God is small after he had said God is big is what make God indescribable.
tnx brov...that's sure another angle to it....tnx again
Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by nlMediator: 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ayomivic:

Good observation, but I'm not sure of that. I think the pastor is thinking along the lines of "infinity" and using infinitesimal as the adjective. Op can type a letter and mail it anonymously to the pastor. Or create an email address and email the pastor. Key thing is to use a channel that ensures that the pastor gets the message, instead of it being hijacked on the way.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by advocate666: 9:42am On Jul 08, 2014
Ask him if your tithe can be infinitesimal as well and see what he says.
That will tell you if he knows the meaning of the word.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by psychologist(m): 9:50am On Jul 08, 2014
advocate666: Ask him if your tithe can be infinitesimal as well and see what he says.
That will tell you if he knows the meaning of the word.
smh
Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by tpia5: 10:17am On Jul 08, 2014
Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by Joagbaje(m): 10:26am On Jul 08, 2014
nlMediator:

Good observation, but I'm not sure of that. I think the pastor is thinking along the lines of "infinity" and using infinitesimal as the adjective. Op can type a letter and mail it anonymously to the pastor. Or create an email address and email the pastor. Key thing is to use a channel that ensures that the pastor gets the message, instead of it being hijacked on the way.

An SMS should do. I don't think he needs to hide his identity. The pastor should rather be glad to know who cared enough to observe.
Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by psychologist(m): 10:31am On Jul 08, 2014
tpia5: .
tnks 4 modifying
Perhaps next time let thinking come b4 typing
Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by PastorOluT(m): 12:38pm On Jul 08, 2014
Joagbaje:

An SMS should do. I don't think he needs to hide his identity. The pastor should rather be glad to know who cared enough to observe.

Smile, Knowing the attitudes of many pastors around, I think it will be suicidal including d name. An anonymous text message would do in other not to create any future riff.

And also @op pray for the man that the Holy Spirit leads him more for the Holyspirit can do a better job than u in making his mistakes known to him. And probably that's not the only mistake he's making?
Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by Image123(m): 1:29pm On Jul 08, 2014
Lol, big grammar to describe big God. Depends on him and your relationship with him. You can approach him if he's approachable and correct him jokingly and in love, like you'd correct your father or senior brother/sister. That's what he is, right?
Re: How Do I Correct My Pastor by PastorOluT(m): 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2014
Image123: Lol, big grammar to describe big God. Depends on him and your relationship with him. You can approach him if he's approachable and correct him jokingly and in love, like you'd correct your father or senior brother/sister. That's what he is, right?
Hopefully wink

(1) (Reply)

The Best Way To Sex / How The Rosary Prayers Can Save Nigeria From Corruption / The Celestial Church Of Christ "CCC Companion " App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.