Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,578 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230715 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
jobsat34:

Is it true that the NA are deserting their camp due to low morale ?
http://newsrescue.com/bokoharam-162-nigerian-troops-desert-army-just-last-week-morale-low/#ixzz37XoXvMvp
That's true I know someone who deserted his post in maiduguri. Major problem is fact that the troop feel the are only pawns in a wider conspiracy. those injured are abandon and the family of personnels killed in combat

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
signz:

I hope sooo. These terrorists have rpgs and A A guns

I know am a novice but isn't it better we deploy fighter jets than this helo that can be torn to shreds by bokos technicals. I mean use the money we use in buying the helos, add small money and buy a fighter jet ?

Shooting down a helo (an easier target) will have a tremendous adverse effect on the morale of the military and the general populace. With NLdrs shouting how incompetent our military is. I sincerely pray it doesn't happen
. The helo's are very important for close combat with buggies. Fighter jets have little use in NE. Wht we need to support ground incursion. Are attack jet complimented by this choppers then special tactical unit moving in before regular infantry bt

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by azpekuliar: 5:24pm On Jul 15, 2014
giles14: I disagree dey com out cos d NA had weaken d book haram.and beside wot is d superior rifle used by d BIR pls I will like to know

Looks like an Isreali Assualt Rifle - The Tavor.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by giles14(m): 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
azpekuliar:

Looks like an Isreali Assualt Rifle - The Tavor.
look like but not it cos dey use mostly Chinese made rifle
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by azpekuliar: 5:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
EasternLeopard:

With great respect to Sirius

You echo my view which I presented b4 Nairaland was attacked.

Our faulty man-know-man recruitment process has ended up filling our ranks-and-files with people who are just looking for means to earn a living.

You can almost imagine the aftermath of an Apache Hellfire Helicopter Gunship being gifted to insurgents by the moles within the rank and file of the NA. Heaven forbid, but it will likely result in mass troop desertion similar to that of the Iraqi forces in the face of the ISIS onslaught a couple of weeks back.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by signz: 5:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ibnsultan: . The helo's are very important for close combat with buggies. Fighter jets have little use in NE. Wht we need to support ground incursion. Are attack jet complimented by this choppers then special tactical unit moving in before regular infantry bt

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 5:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
azpekuliar:

You can almost imagine an Apache Hellfire Helicopter Gunship being gifted to the insurgents by the moles within the rank and file of the NA. Heaven forbid, but will most likely result in mass troop desertion similar to that of Iraqi forces in the face of the ISIS onslaught a couple of weeks back.

It still beats my imagination why Northerners are still allowed to fight in that sector after so much sabotage.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
EasternLeopard:

It still beats my imagination why Northerners are still allowed to fight in that sector after so much sabotage.
sorting them out can result into another ish! this is Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
cirmuell: [img]http://1.1.1.1/bmi/www.aircraftcompare.com/aircraft_images/33.jpg[/img]
Price - $ 11.7 million Old Plus $ 8.3 million New Upgrades – Total $ 20 million U.S.*
[ A10 Warthog. A10 Thunderbolt ]

Avionics -
Pave Penny Laser Track Pod

Maximum Cruising Speed -
833.62 km per hr 518.00 mph

Maximum Payload -
7,257.60 kgs 16,000.00 lbs

dunno know how effective it is against attack!

The A10 ground attack jet is built like a tank, with self-sealing fuel tanks, multiple systems redundancy, and a Kevlar "bath-tub" built around the pilot. It has been said that the A10 was an aircraft designed around a gun, and the multi-barreled monstrosity peering menacingly out from the nose of this bird is capable of fragmenting battle tanks and other heavy armor with ease.

In the various conflicts where this ugly beast of the skies was unleashed by the US military, the A10 Warthog gained an almost mythical reputation for surviving structural and mechanical damage that would lead to the crash of just about any other man made flying machine currently in existence.

An A10 flying combat sorties over downtown Badhdad was riddled from stem to stern with a firestorm of anti-aircraft projectiles sent up by forces loyal to the rogue regime, during the opening hours of a major allied air offensive against military targets scattered across the sprawling city.

The pilot of the A10, on noting that half of his jet's left wing had been blown clean off by the AA barrage, briefly considered bailing out and parachuting into the waiting hands of enemy forces, but then wisely decided to limp his stricken craft back to base. He made it back to base in one piece, and executed a textbook landing right on the piano keys, to the stunned disbelief of all present. There were several other notable stories of A10 Warthogs surviving damage that would be instantly catastrophic for ANY other aerial vehicle under the sun. A10 no dey 'gree die.

Johnny B. Goode. Get you some Warthogs, man, and get some of them ace Nigerian Air Force jet jockeys trained up QUICK, so that they too can saddle up, and set loose the Warthog anywhere in the theater of war that the ground is in need of BIG pounding.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
EasternLeopard:

keep Your ethnic bigotry out of the military. These moles could be any body. miltary personnel,police. Intel operative who is ready to sell info ,It happens evry were. NMI(military intelligence ) needs to counter these trend

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ibnsultan: keep Your ethnic bigotry out of the military. These moles could be any body. miltary personnel,police. Intel operative who is ready to sell info ,It happens evry were. NMI(military intelligence ) needs to counter these trend

You can't deny the fact that most are Muslim Northerners esp Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ibnsultan: That's true I know someone who deserted his post in maiduguri. Major problem is fact that the troop feel the are only pawns in a wider conspiracy. those injured are abandon and the family of personnels killed in combat
Well, tell him not to come back, if he is caught, u know soldiers will do to him,? A 10mins Court-Martial, tie him and he will be shot.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by skullz: 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
Jakumo:

The A10 ground attack jet is built like a tank, with self-sealing fuel tanks, multiple systems redundancy, and a Kevlar "bath-tub" built around the pilot. It has been said that the A10 was an aircraft designed around a gun, and the multi-barreled monstrosity peering menacingly out from the nose of this bird is capable of fragmenting battle tanks and other heavy armor with ease.

In the various conflicts where this ugly beast of the skies was unleashed by the US military, the A10 Warthog gained an almost mythical reputation for surviving structural and mechanical damage that would lead to the crash of just about any other man made flying machine currently in existence.

An A10 flying combat sorties over downtown Badhdad was riddled from stem to stern with a firestorm of anti-aircraft projectiles sent up by forces loyal to the rogue regime, during the opening hours of a major allied air offensive against military targets scattered across the sprawling city.

The pilot of the A10, on noting that half of his jet's left wing had been blown clean off by the AA barrage, briefly considered bailing out and parachuting into the waiting hands of enemy forces, but then wisely decided to limp his stricken craft back to base. He made it back to base in one piece, and executed a textbook landing right on the piano keys, to the stunned disbelief of all present. There were several other notable stories of A10 Warthogs surviving damage that would be instantly catastrophic for ANY other aerial vehicle under the sun. A10 no dey 'gree die.

Johnny B. Goode. Get you some Warthogs, man, and get some of them ace Nigerian Air Force jet jockeys trained up QUICK, so that they too can saddle up, and set loose the Warthog anywhere in the theater of war that the ground is in need of BIG pounding.
I know Russians and Chinese don't make A-10's. So how do u suggest we buy them??
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 6:13pm On Jul 15, 2014
beegeagle./2014/07/15/in-cameroon-boko-haram-fighters-bodies-quickly-disappear/ please I think people should see this ? !
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by skullz: 6:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
giles14: I disagree dey com out cos d NA had weaken d book haram.and beside wot is d superior rifle used by d BIR pls I will like to know
What are you saying? You can only dream of getting the type of accuracy a tavor has when using an Ak47.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bendeniceguy: 7:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
SiriusBlack: Average Northerner, a BH sympathizer? I'm not from the North, but Northerners, generally are peaceful people..I stand by that..but in a Northern society with so much poverty, violence will surely occur...BH has killed more northerners than any other tribe..killed more muslims than any other religion and has destroyed the North's Economy and brought it to its knees...Now tell me, you think Northerners "sympathize" with people who slaughter them daily?
I guess some of you here think most Nigerians have a plate of rice instead of brains in our heads!!!Thrice,between oct 1991 and 1995 the so-called peace-loving hausa-fulanis tried to kill me in Kano. Find anybody who is not of northern origin (north west) who lived in Kano at the time and listen to their stories. Most southerners and even people from the north central living around Brigade, Gwuagwuaruwa, zoo road, ungwa ukwu,Rigya lemu, Hotoro and the list goes on and on were murdered like so many flies by these rampaging mobs of deranged mad men for no other reason than they were not hausa-fulani, even being a none hausa fulani muslim did not stop them from drowning you in a well or slitting you throat. Please stop this lame excuse of poverty and boko haram having killed more northerners as a justification for and unbearable evil that these people have unleashed on the rest of the country for 5 decades or more. Boko haram is just the new toga, they have been at it for decades before boko haram. By the way, i lost my best friend to these rampaging animals back in 1994. They slit his throat and burnt his body for no reason than he was not Hausa-fulani. This is for me a personal thing:

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cool318(m): 7:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
bidexiii: beegeagle./2014/07/15/in-cameroon-boko-haram-fighters-bodies-quickly-disappear/ please I think people should see this ? !
Link is not opening
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 7:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
skullz:
I know Russians and Chinese don't make A-10's. So how do u suggest we buy them??

Is this a trick question ?

The good old US of A is the right answer of course, SKullz, and for getting that right, you win an all-expenses-paid wild weekend at the infamous Mustang Ranch house of female delights in rural Nevada, during which you will get to pick and choose from a mouth-watering bevy of sultry beauties on an hourly basis, or as the whim of the moment takes you.

On a serious note, yes indeed, sir, the United States of America has SQUADRONS of temporarily de-activated A10's, all languishing in the dry heat of a sprawling aircraft "graveyard" in Nevada, and all awaiting patiently for the footfall pitter-patter of serious buyers ready to put the fangs back in the slumbering beast, awaken her GENTLY and ship her Africa-bound, to join the fun at the Sambisa war front, where many a horde of virgin-hunting slave-raiders await carnal delivery from above - a job tailor made for the A10 Warthog.

Bust a move, Johnny B. Goode, and snag you some mean-asz FAIRLY USED A10 death-dealers to get it done RIGHT, out there where the tracer flies. Hell, get a bunch of them muffugus and end this chit NOW, before it gets out of hand. Close the deal on Buhari and his monkeys, Johnny. We know y'all don't be half-steppin', so just go ahead on, homie, and show 'em what time it is - Warthog Time !

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
SiriusBlack: Well, tell him not to come back, if he is caught, u know soldiers will do to him,? A 10mins Court-Martial, tie him and he will be shot.
hahahah. Lots of folks are frustrated with the military command system failure to ensure the war is taking to the insurgents

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 15, 2014
EasternLeopard:

You can't deny the fact that most are Muslim Northerners esp Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri
I don't have that info
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
skullz:
The yankes are not reliable partners. Depending on them for weaponry is a wrong idea
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 7:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ppl should read dis got it from beegeales blog : /pQKEH-5Da or ;beegeagle./2014/07/15/in-cameroon-boko-haram-fighters-bodies-quickly-disappear/ .
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by PrinxArthur1(m): 7:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ibnsultan: The yankes are not reliable partners. Depending on them for weaponry is a wrong idea
the question is will they sell hellfire missile to us or will it b fitted with bows and arrows?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 7:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ibnsultan: The yankes are not reliable partners. Depending on them for weaponry is a wrong idea

Don't worry brother man, the Great Satan is already killing terrorist slave-raiding gang members in north eastern Nigeria with finesse, style, elan and panache, thanks to those loitering ARMED drones we have come to know and love so much.

Good thing it is too that US foreign policy, both overt and covert, is not affected in even the most abstract way, by the impotent whimpering of anonymous internet pundits who denounce the Great Satan in what has evolved to become a treasured hobby for many in the fundamentalist world, dating back to the days of Ayatollah Khomeni, Iran's one time America-hating, turban-wearing head mullah.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 7:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
Jakumo:

gud to hear, i hope Uncle joe can consider getting @ least 5 of these for our NAF guys.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
PrinxArthur1: the question is will they sell hellfire missile to us or will it b fitted with bows and arrows?
the wouldn't sell any serious military hardware to you-ie Iraq were promised 35 F16 jet none has been delivered. The iraqis had to contact Russia to get fighter jets to help and it was delivered within days. France/rafale. German/typhoon jets can be acquired with ease. Or with stick with Russia
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
PrinxArthur1: the question is will they sell hellfire missile to us or will it b fitted with bows and arrows?
the wouldn't sell any serious military hardware to you-ie Iraq were promised 35 F16 jet none has been delivered. The iraqis had to contact Russia to get fighter jets to help and it was delivered within days. France/rafale. German/typhoon jets can be acquired with ease. Or with stick with Russia. Yanks will not give us hellfire missile without some strings attach. 2 the wouldn't be compatible with our russian n chinese hardware n comm system
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by PrinxArthur1(m): 8:01pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ibnsultan: the wouldn't sell any serious military hardware to you-ie Iraq were promised 35 F16 jet none has been delivered. The iraqis had to contact Russia to get fighter jets to help and it was delivered within days. France/rafale. German/typhoon jets can be acquired with ease. Or with stick with Russia
I like Rafale jet cos its the lamborghini of all jet(in terms of dropping bombs) SU-35 cos its the 504 of all jets (lives longer,low servicing cost and better dog fight) Gripen keke napep of all jets (transfer of technology if u meet thier requirements)
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by skullz: 8:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
Jakumo:

Is this a trick question ?

The good old US of A is the right answer of course, SKullz, and for getting that right, you win an all-expenses-paid wild weekend at the infamous Mustang Ranch house of female delights in rural Nevada, during which you will get to pick and choose from a mouth-watering bevy of sultry beauties on an hourly basis, or as the whim of the moment takes you.

On a serious note, yes indeed, sir, the United States of America has SQUADRONS of temporarily de-activated A10's, all languishing in the dry heat of a sprawling aircraft "graveyard" in Nevada, and all awaiting patiently for the footfall pitter-patter of serious buyers ready to put the fangs back in the slumbering beast, awaken her GENTLY and ship her Africa-bound, to join the fun at the Sambisa war front, where many a horde of virgin-hunting slave-raiders await carnal delivery from above - a job tailor made for the A10 Warthog.

Bust a move, Johnny B. Goode, and snag you some mean-asz FAIRLY USED A10 death-dealers to get it done RIGHT, out there where the tracer flies. Hell, get a bunch of them muffugus and end this chit NOW, before it gets out of hand. Close the deal on Buhari and his monkeys, Johnny. We know y'all don't be half-steppin', so just go ahead on, homie, and show 'em what time it is - Warthog Time !
*scoffs* If wishes were horses.....America would say NO! Even before we ask.

Even if they would agree(which is not possible), I don't think it would be a wise buy, considering the loads of bullshi.t that would be attached to such contract.

Hope you know we have a good number of specat jaguars, and you also know why they are not operational.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 8:05pm On Jul 15, 2014
bidexiii: Ppl should read dis got it from beegeales blog : /pQKEH-5Da or ;beegeagle./2014/07/15/in-cameroon-boko-haram-fighters-bodies-quickly-disappear/ .
http://beegeagle./2014/07/15/in-cameroon-boko-haram-fighters-bodies-quickly-disappear/
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 8:19pm On Jul 15, 2014
skullz:

Even if they would agree(which is not possible), I don't think it would be a wise buy, considering the loads of bullshi.t that would be attached to such agreement.

Hope you know we have a good number of specat jaguars, and you also know why they are not operational.

Uncle Sam has major vested business interests in Nigeria, and would NOT be prepared to stand by and watch the very existence of all those concerns threatened by the emergence of a fundamentalist terror regime in Nigeria.

In the likely event that those vested interests held by the United States are deemed important enough to dust off, re-arm and sell off a few used A10 Warthogs to the federal side at some point during the course Nigeria's second civil war, then those planes will be on a vessel at sea heading for Nigeria so fast it will seem like magic when those birds of prey suddenly take to the air and proceed to whup major asz at the war
front.

I've got my family-sized bucket of popcorn here in this front-row seat to witness Nigeria's unfolding history, and this is one show I wouldn't miss for the world. Nothing beats an old-fashioned duke-out between the forces of good and evil, to bring the curtain down on a riveting show.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 8:24pm On Jul 15, 2014
skullz:

Even if they would agree(which is not possible), I don't think it would be a wise buy, considering the loads of bullshi.t that would be attached to such contract.

those guys are really assisting our NN(for free if guessed correctly) nothing will stop them from selling a few A10 IF we make the move.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.