Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,200 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230709 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
Henry120: NAF north-east

3rd photo, NAF AS Super puma gunner.
Nice..Me likey!
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
on a lighter note,general siriusblack...........y una soldiers like to dey beat us civilians anyhow nah? Is it true dey do gv u guys one special injection in NDA?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 5:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
Nigerian Army...Frontlines of the North East.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 5:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
Home » National » President Jonathan
demands $1billion loan – See what he wants it
for (Look)
President Jonathan demands
$1billion loan – See what he wants
it for (Look)

President Jonathan is seeking $1billion loan to fight
Boko Haram. In a letter sent to the House of
Representatives this morning, President
Jonathan asked the Rep members to approve a
request for an external loan of $1billion (about
N165billion) which would be used to upgrade the
equipment of the Armed Forces in the fight of
the insurgent group, Boko Haram.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by komekn(m): 5:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
cool318:
Where have you been all this while.
welcome back.

Taking a back seat as well as the pressure of work.

Been disappointed by the perverse, vitriolic and debased politicisation of this conflict by our political leaders that's caused me great concern.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 5:27pm On Jul 16, 2014
bidexiii: Home » National » President Jonathan
demands $1billion loan – See what he wants it
for (Look)
President Jonathan demands
$1billion loan – See what he wants
it for (Look)

President Jonathan is seeking $1billion loan to fight
Boko Haram. In a letter sent to the House of
Representatives this morning, President
Jonathan asked the Rep members to approve a
request for an external loan of $1billion (about
N165billion) which would be used to upgrade the
equipment of the Armed Forces in the fight of
the insurgent group, Boko Haram.
is this for real? undecided
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
Unless I am mistaken,that tripod-mounted weapon in the middle picture looks like a recoil-less rifle of some sort, similar in design to the Carl Gustav 84mm recoil-less rifle that has seen use by many armies worldwide, including the Nigerian army, between 1948 and the present.

The specimen in this photograph looks like a WW2 relic for sure, but if properly maintained, will no doubt work as reliably as it did when new.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 5:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
Jakumo: Unless I am mistaken,that tripod-mounted weapon in the middle picture looks like a recoil-less rifle of some sort, similar in design to the Carl Gustav 84mm recoil-less rifle that has seen use by many armies worldwide, including the Nigerian army, between 1948 and the present.

The specimen in this photograph looks like a WW2 relic for sure, but if properly maintained, will no doubt work as reliably as it did when new.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 5:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
Jakumo: Unless I am mistaken,that tripod-mounted weapon in the middle picture looks like a recoil-less rifle of some sort, similar in design to the Carl Gustav 84mm recoil-less rifle that has seen use by many armies worldwide, including the Nigerian army, between 1948 and the present.

who is this man?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
Cameroonian troops. The also use Toyota Landcruiser gun
trucks armed with Chinese-made twin 14.5mm anti-
aircraft machine guns in there battles against bokoharam on land
#2 new acquired MI 35M

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by PrinxArthur1(m): 5:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
Jakumo:

No sir. Modern ordnance will be used, and the pilots will be adequately trained before they ever get airborne in anger.
Do u know how many hours it takes to be a pilot it "ll take six years active for u to become a fighter jet pilot in the US i dont know for NIGERIA.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 6:09pm On Jul 16, 2014
PrinxArthur1: Do u know how many hours it takes to be a pilot it "ll take six years active for u to become a fighter jet pilot in the US i dont know for NIGERIA.

A rookie pilot already familiar with the aerodynamic performance of a jet fighter can be cross-trained very quickly to become moderately proficient with flying and fighting at the controls of a different platform IF there is a shortage of pilots for a specific combat aircraft during a war, as would be the case in northern Nigeria's battle front IF, for example, Uncle Sam saw fit to loan a few A10 Warthogs to the good guys fighting those slave-raiding hordes.

Yes a crash course is a poor substitute for the whole nine yards of a comprehensive pilot re-train comparable to a civil aviation type-rating course, BUT the chit HAS hit the fan in Nigeria, and if a shipment of A10 Warthog ground-attack jets arrives in Nigeria in furtherance of her war against terror, those birds will be armed and piloted by Nigerians into battle very swiftly indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by PrinxArthur1(m): 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2014
Jakumo:

A rookie pilot already familiar with the aerodynamic performance of a jet fighter can be cross-trained very quickly to become moderately proficient with flying and fighting at the controls of a different platform IF there is a shortage of pilots for a specific combat aircraft during a war, as would be the case in northern Nigeria's battle front IF, for example, Uncle Sam saw fit to loan a few A10 Warthogs to the good guys fighting those slave-raiding hordes.

Yes a crash course is a poor substitute for the whole nine yards of a comprehensive pilot re-train comparable to a civil aviation type-rating course, BUT the chit HAS hit the fan in Nigeria, and if a shipment of A10 Warthog ground-attack jets arrives in Nigeria in furtherance of her war against terror, those birds will be armed and piloted by Nigerians into battle very swiftly indeed.
first of all i hate that A10 of a jet and currently from my views NAF have only 3 Pilots that are air worthy if u want me to put it that way
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 6:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
PrinxArthur1: first of all i hate that A10 of a jet and currently from my views NAF have only 3 Pilots that are air worthy if u want me to put it that way

The A10 will never win any beauty contests Prince Arthur, but it gets the job done attacking ground targets, which is just what the doctor ordered for Nigeria right now.'

Besides, who cares what we armchair warriors love or hate about the gear used in this war ?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
Nigerian Army Officer during a briefing...Frontlines of the North East.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bendeniceguy: 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
PrinxArthur1: first of all i hate that A10 of a jet and currently from my views NAF have only 3 Pilots that are air worthy if u want me to put it that way
Some of the things you people think of to destroy what you cannot create. Spreading false propaganda is a SIN not a virtue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 16, 2014
Can't wait to see the end of major combat ops in NE

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by idu1(m): 9:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
Still following..........
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by PrinxArthur1(m): 9:49pm On Jul 16, 2014
bendeniceguy: Some of the things you people think of to destroy what you cannot create. Spreading false propaganda is a SIN not a virtue
Guy am nt spreading false news but telling u what is happening man,Go to YouTube search about NAF pilots u 'll notice in that video they only fly 3 fighter jet thats 3 pilots bro and I ve never seen NAF With more than 3 fighter on air space,if chad decides to flex thier Muscle with thier New 4th generation aircraft is it the j7 that will b our interceptor? bro its like a police man with keke napep tricycle chasing a thief with ferrari
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ocelot2006(m): 10:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
skullz:
Yes by donating a ship, which was virtually stripped to just the basic. Nice gesture still.

But asking for A-10's is out of the table. You know it.

Screw the A-10 Warthogs. Let NAF go for the Su-25 frog foots.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 10:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
COMBAT ALERT: Frontlines of the North East.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by realnas(m): 10:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
SiriusBlack: Nigerian Army...Frontlines of the North East.
oga sirius in the second pic I can see a b10 recoilles rifle that's pretty awesome but I tot the N A uses the carl gustav rifle or is d b 10 a new addition to d frontline?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 10:47pm On Jul 16, 2014
ocelot2006:

Screw the A-10 Warthogs. Let NAF go for the Su-25 frog foots.
Seconded!..the US will never sell A-10s to us...if they do, they will probably just fit it with only MGs...Let's get Su-25s..Its combat proven with little or no political clauses attached.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 10:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
realnas: oga sirius in the second pic I can see a b10 recoilles rifle that's pretty awesome but I tot the N A uses the carl gustav rifle or is d b 10 a new addition to d frontline?
Naa..the N.A has been using the B10 since the 80s...even NDA cadets train on it during field exercises.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 11:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
Former COAS visit to 7
Division, Maiduguri.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by reedonne: 11:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
I just dont understand what is wrong with Nigeria armed force. Ethiopia is already operating the SU-27 air superiority fighter jet and chad is already procuring one while we pride ourself as giant of africa without a strong defense force. What is wrong with us having a Sub-marine at our level.
No special electronic warfare jet and no recoinainsance jet for survaillance, No dedicated interceptor, we want to use our J7 fighter both as interceptor and fighter jet.
Our military also put little regard for the live of their men, the army doesnt have a functional air support, I doubt if our army use helicopter to transport injured soldier or medic team to hospital and battleground respectively, that is if they have a good medic service.
We really need to review how we treat the military. Maybe some part of the SURE-P fund should go there afterall most of us arent feeling its effect.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by odeebee: 11:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
I love the NA with my blood
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tonte(m): 11:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
God be with you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by odeebee: 11:56pm On Jul 16, 2014
tonte: God be with you

Amen
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cool318(m): 3:20am On Jul 17, 2014
komekn:

Taking a back seat as well as the pressure of work.

Been disappointed by the perverse, vitriolic and debased politicisation of this conflict by our political leaders that's caused me great concern.

It is really Pathetic, but when it comes to boasting of country with the highest number of Private jets in Africa, Nigeria will rear its ugly head,
Our Boys are fighting without Air support, Why cant they take a clue from Operation Serval carried out by France in Mali ,What they are after is Selling Oil Blocks smh
#EQUIP OUR ARMY, BUY FIGHTER JETS FOR THE NA
Long live our Army against all odds

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 10:03am On Jul 17, 2014
By the way IbnSultan, those of us who have refrained from posting pictures in this thread out of respect for the wishes of SiriusBlack, would have still have found your contribution of photographs relevant WERE IT NOT FOR your adding that stomach-turning shot of cadavers floating alongside a military patrol boat.

Bearing in mind that Narialand is a family oriented forum, SiriusBlack has been kind enough NOT to post photographs showing dead people in various stages of dismemberment or decay, which is why your post of a macabre picture gives off a whiff of "over-sabi", whether intended or not.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 11:49am On Jul 17, 2014
Jakumo: By the way IbnSultan, those of us who have refrained from posting pictures in this thread out of respect for the wishes of SiriusBlack, would have still have found your contribution of photographs relevant WERE IT NOT FOR your adding that stomach-turning shot of cadavers floating alongside a military patrol boat.

Bearing in mind that Narialand is a family oriented forum, SiriusBlack has been kind enough NOT to post photographs showing dead people in various stages of dismemberment or decay, which is why your post of a macabre picture gives off a whiff of "over-sabi", whether intended or not.
Well, for the reason that I dislike keyboard conflicts, I decided not to say anything about it..but I agree with you..posting graphic photos of bloated corpses was totally wrong on the part of sultan..many peeps do not know that unlike in movies, dead bodies are very messy...physiological responses take place when people are shot, they mess themselves or have death erections..sometimes, fingers have to be hacked off, because the fingers, locked on the trigger in death, will never be easily pulled off...I hope I'm not being too graphic, but there is nothing nice about corpses....in the thread that got wiped off, I posted photos of captured insurgents and later gave in to voice of reason and deleted it..I, also have TONS of photos of dead insurgents, villagers and soldiers..but I will never post them here...We all know that BH sympathisers like Amnesty International and one Sheikh Gumi are on the prowl to discredit the army...I was tempted to post the picture of one idiot who was notorious in baga area for killing soldiers and doing horrible things to the bodies...he was tracked down by SF snipers and his face blown open by a long range sniper rifle miles away....the pic was too graphic so I did not post it...so many times, NLderd keep saying that the Army is lying when we record successes on the front ...I get so angry at times I just feel like posting bodies of bullet-riddled insurgents..including the bodies of top BH commanders, .but rage is never an excuse of wrong decisions...so thanks for pointing that out..Pls guys, do not post photos of dead bodies here

36 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.