Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,213 members, 7,839,131 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (231038 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 19, 2014
SiriusBlack: I doubt that the Streit MRAP has entered N.A service...the MK3 on the other hand, ill say about 150 units are in full operation..troops still move around in Hilux vehicles...the Igirigi is most likely going to be our main APC anytime from now..As for the CS VP3 MRAP, quatities are still quite light...just can't wait to see the goodies from the $1bn procurement fund.

Hopefully we get to see "goodies" from the $1bn dollars procurement fund. Since it's going to most likely be a "government- government" deal, it should be a more open transaction.

The Igirigi as it is, is an amazing APC, and represents a significant leap for us. I hope to see it more widely deployed, it is our APC. Post all photos of the Igirigi you have.

For the 1 billion USD, the Airforce should get additional helicopters and fighters. It is imperative that they do.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by decatalyst(m): 11:46am On Jul 19, 2014
Litmus:

In short, who are we fighting?

LAUGH WAN TEAR MY BELLE WITH THE QUOTE AND YOUR RESPONSE cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Horlawoomey(m): 11:55am On Jul 19, 2014
Jakumo:

From his terrorist Al Queda-linked collaborators in north Africa and beyond, Ayatollah Buhari is obtaining a chunk of change and the services of hardened Chadian rebel fighters, along with lots of ex-Libyan army weapons and explosives. The terror group will ultimately be annihilated by federal military might, backed by Western nations united in resolve to protect their substantial investments in Nigeria, but the body-count tally on both sides will go up for a good while yet, before that figure goes down for good.

The external sponsors of Nigeria's current rebellion seek oil concessions from the imposed leaders of the fundamentalist rogue state that they hope to create from the ashes of Nigeria's mortal remains, and so their invasion continues apace, spreading southward from the north east. Ayatollah Buhari imagines himself to be Nigeria's future Grand Sheikh, vested with sweeping God-like powers to loot Nigeria's petroleum sales proceeds with reckless abandon, and to silence forever any "enemies of frogress" foolhardy enough to express dissatisfaction with that arrangement.
. How old is this man to think he will have such ambition

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by FlintGuevara(m): 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
Ibnsultan: The two posters above me are trying to destroy this topic. Your allegations against GMB is baseless n without proof. And if he is a so called sponsor was stoping the security agencies from arresting and prosecuting him the military engagement in NE is a tough one but with conts effort Victory shall be ours. Thank u
you would've asked them if GMB even has enough money to sponsir a presidential election, talk more of terrorism. Let's not derail this thread with silly conspiracy theories.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by komekn(m): 12:54pm On Jul 19, 2014
Henry120:

Hopefully we get to see "goodies" from the $1bn dollars procurement fund. Since it's going to most likely be a "government- government" deal, it should be a more open transaction.

The Igirigi as it is, is an amazing APC, and represents a significant leap for us. I hope to see it more widely deployed, it is our APC. Post all photos of the Igirigi you have.

For the 1 billion USD, the Airforce should get additional helicopters and fighters. It is imperative that they do.

Getting things into perspective, WHAT IS AMAZING ABOUT IT
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 19, 2014
Let's #joinTheArmy.#supportArmforces#defendOurHomeLand #enlist#pray4ourboys.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
#unitedNigArmy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
#unitedNigArmy..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Litmus: 1:39pm On Jul 19, 2014
decatalyst:

LAUGH WAN TEAR MY BELLE WITH THE QUOTE AND YOUR RESPONSE cheesy grin grin grin grin

It used to make me laugh too, on the news, when some interpreter gives a one word translation of some leader’s hour long speech. Translators of Qaddafi's speeches were the most amusing.

But it’s not easy; this Nigerian thing is driving everyone nuts.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Pennywise(m): 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
barcanista: What is the intent of this thread? Is it to gv d sect classified info on military activities or what?

The DSS and Military should fish out the OP and close this thread as a matter or National Security

You are a foool like your father, and the one before him. In your thinking, national geographic and History channels should be shut down because they reveal too much about America's war capabilities.

Nice to see this thread again after the interlude.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by olapluto(m): 2:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
Pennywise:

You are a foool like your father, and the one before him. In your thinking, national geographic and History channels should be shut down because they reveal too much about America's war capabilities.

Decorum! Insulting people does not add value to your rep. Its immature and uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Pennywise(m): 2:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
olapluto:
Decorum! Insulting people does not add value to your rep. Its immature and uncalled for.

No word is too hash for an enemy of the people (an enemy of God). A lot of people including yours sincerely had lost faith in this Govt and its ability to win this war. Infact you can say there is mass disllusionment and hopelessness among people who have been watching events closely. While these hardwares do not mean an automatic victory, at least it means Jonathan's govt is ready to confront the insurgency outside the pages of internet and newspapers.

Outside this thread, folks are blind to what is going on in the NE. His plan was actually quite ingenious-sow a bit of falsehood and fear in the mind of the OP so he will run away that way the public unbiased vista into devts in the NE is removed. But he failed to understand the adversary. In a military situation, its a failed ambush. Bercanista will be dead.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2014
Troops "sleep nests"....frontlines of the North East.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Sparrow13: 3:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
Pennywise:

you are Dollarwise my friend

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by komekn(m): 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2014
SiriusBlack: I doubt that the Streit MRAP has entered N.A service...the MK3 on the other hand, ill say about 150 units are in full operation..troops still move around in Hilux vehicles...the Igirigi is most likely going to be our main APC anytime from now..As for the CS VP3 MRAP, quatities are still quite light...just can't wait to see the goodies from the $1bn procurement fund.

Siriusblack,

I want to be constructively critical and proffer solutions, military engagement is essentially about strategic management and the allocations of fit for purposes resources and assets, with the best return on application (investment)

Boko is roaming around with impunity because the right strategy and assets are not in place. I don’t know if our top brass are clueless, negligent or just downright corrupt.

Communication is everything in COIN, it seems we are not linked in, units are isolated not in any communication loop. There has to be an interface that should result in immediate actions from pre planned contingency resulting from battlefield intelligence and situational awareness. Expedience wins war and delay loses wars.

We order six Mi-35M helicopters and we think it’s an achievement only two have been delivered and we have the whole NE to cover what’s wrong with our strategic planning? I would buy 20 used mil 24 helicopters urgently from multiple sources Poland, Belarus, Russia very easily on the cheap no more than $3 million per unit and get a S.African or Israeli company to upgrade them with thermal night visioning weapons targeting systems and superior avionics within weeks and we will be operational.

Buy a number of used Su25’s from Russia, Czech Republic, Belarus, Georgia, etc, of course these planes may not be as good as the A10 but are very robust and need minimal maintenance reputed to fly on poor quality aviation fuel, even kerosene, and petrol, again not more than $2million per unit, pick up 24. Possibly even cheaper get after market kits from Israel to upgrade them.

The mbb bo105 is familiar to the NAF we can buy them and have after-market upgrades kits fitted for laser targeting, thermal and night visioning, ask the Germans for a friendly deal at 200k per unit we should get 30 with tow anti tank missiles. That’s not more than $8 million incl. upgrades., that will enable us to give quick fire support through unit commanders not central command even with multiple engagements.

Again get in touch with our friends the Germans used 100 leopard 2 tanks 250k each as a deterrent at our base camps and forward bases that’s a mere $25 million for arguably the best MBT in the world. Another thing to consider most of them have never seen combat are well maintained and I bet in excellent condition, also I got great trust in German engineering. We have a huge trade deficit with the Germans in our favour so credit terms will be very easy.

The deal changer is IFV’s and APC’s with the right weapons stations not light armoured vehicles (igirigi), that a 20mm will rip right through and don’t have enough fire power to reply in kind and with accurate precision.

When I talk about weapon stations I really am talking about remote weapon stations with laser range finders with target acquisition software making use of thermal and night vision technology. Depending on the weapon type you can be almost 100% accurate even at ranges of 1.5km, that means one IFV or APC could possibly take out multiple boko technical’s and their stolen APC’s before they can even see where we are. This would be a game changer in this war there would be no talk of desertion and for sure, know where near the level of casualties we have experienced, which is probably in hundreds.

Currently our procurement to me stinks; I would like to know how much we paid for those giant Chinese MRAPS that are not fit for our purpose.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by adeyemik: 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2014
Ibnsultan: #unitedNigArmy..

Please tell me that these armors were seized from these twixted minds.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 5:20pm On Jul 19, 2014
komekn:

Siriusblack,

I want to be constructively critical and proffer solutions, military engagement is essentially about strategic management and the allocations of fit for purposes resources and assets, with the best return on application (investment)

Boko is roaming around with impunity because the right strategy and assets are not in place. I don’t know if our top brass are clueless, negligent or just downright corrupt.

Communication is everything in COIN, it seems we are not linked in, units are isolated not in any communication loop. There has to be an interface that should result in immediate actions from pre planned contingency resulting from battlefield intelligence and situational awareness. Expedience wins war and delay loses wars.

We order six Mi-35M helicopters and we think it’s an achievement only two have been delivered and we have the whole NE to cover what’s wrong with our strategic planning? I would buy 20 used mil 24 helicopters urgently from multiple sources Poland, Belarus, Russia very easily on the cheap no more than $3 million per unit and get a S.African or Israeli company to upgrade them with thermal night visioning weapons targeting systems and superior avionics within weeks and we will be operational.

Buy a number of used Su25’s from Russia, Czech Republic, Belarus, Georgia, etc, of course these planes may not be as good as the A10 but are very robust and need minimal maintenance reputed to fly on poor quality aviation fuel, even kerosene, and petrol, again not more than $2million per unit, pick up 24. Possibly even cheaper get after market kits from Israel to upgrade them.

The mbb bo105 is familiar to the NAF we can buy them and have after-market upgrades kits fitted for laser targeting, thermal and night visioning, ask the Germans for a friendly deal at 200k per unit we should get 30 with tow anti tank missiles. That’s not more than $8 million incl. upgrades., that will enable us to give quick fire support through unit commanders not central command even with multiple engagements.

Again get in touch with our friends the Germans used 100 leopard 2 tanks 250k each as a deterrent at our base camps and forward bases that’s a mere $25 million for arguably the best MBT in the world. Another thing to consider most of them have never seen combat are well maintained and I bet in excellent condition, also I got great trust in German engineering. We have a huge trade deficit with the Germans in our favour so credit terms will be very easy.

The deal changer is IFV’s and APC’s with the right weapons stations not light armoured vehicles (igirigi), that a 20mm will rip right through and don’t have enough fire power to reply in kind and with accurate precision.

When I talk about weapon stations I really am talking about remote weapon stations with laser range finders with target acquisition software making use of thermal and night vision technology. Depending on the weapon type you can be almost 100% accurate even at ranges of 1.5km, that means one IFV or APC could possibly take out multiple boko technical’s and their stolen APC’s before they can even see where we are. This would be a game changer in this war there would be no talk of desertion and for sure, know where near the level of casualties we have experienced, which is probably in hundreds.

Currently our procurement to me stinks; I would like to know how much we paid for those giant Chinese MRAPS that are not fit for our purpose.

Hmm When Komekn speaks, military strategists and historians listen intently.

I am hastily taking down written notes here, for semi-plagiarized use in other forums whenever my credentials are questioned.

Thank you in advance, Komekn.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
komekn:

Getting things into perspective, WHAT IS AMAZING ABOUT IT
"you expect me to tell you what is AMAZING about fielding a locally built Amoured personnel carriers by the military?".

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 9:03pm On Jul 19, 2014
I am FULLY convinced that the Army top brass reads content on this thread...I have on many occasions complained about why we don't honour our soldiers when they are KIA in the N.E...Pls read this...From the Defence Headquarters..Finally, someone is paying attention...RIP S.K Leo...NDA 58th R.C will miss you bro!
http://defenceinfo.mil.ng/the-touching-story-of-lt-kyom-leo-nigerians-pay-tributes-and-respect-to-a-young-soldier-killed-in-counter-insurgency-operation/

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cool318(m): 9:30pm On Jul 19, 2014
komekn:

Siriusblack,

You are Welcome, Komekn

This is exactly what Oga Jona needs now, Brilliant suggestions, can somebody pass the message across to him, so that he can prudently
spend the I Billion USD when he grabs it.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
Link bridge between Nigeria and Cameroon..blown up by BH insurgents after insurgent attack at Ngala..Borno State.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Sparrow13: 10:37pm On Jul 19, 2014
SiriusBlack: Link bridge between Nigeria and Cameroon..blown up by BH insurgents after insurgent attack at Ngala..Borno State.
wow, so it is still motorable ?
Thats a good news
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cool318(m): 11:11pm On Jul 19, 2014
Ibnsultan: #unitedNigArmy

@ibnsultan, Are they seized or newly procured weapons
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 20, 2014
north-east

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 3:11am On Jul 20, 2014
komekn:

Siriusblack,

The truth is nothing works in a corrupt society the whole system is faulty/wrong. I don't want to believe that our top brass don't know the wright thing to do cos they attended some of the best military schools/acedemy in the world. And I believe they thought them d role of central and cordinated communication does in war time and how u can use it to change the course of war but corruption as eaten deep to our blood streams. It make me laugh sometimes when I hear or read the news on the way we make procurements for military hardares it make me laugh. You hgear a rich country like nigeria ordering six mil helo which 2 av only be delivered, 150 Apc it makes me sick . And we want to cover the whole sambisa forest that is 20times the size of lagos. There is a thread in nairaland ;"the strongest military in africa or something" and I see southafrican hardware scout/reconceniecess vehicles, ifv and tank destroyers in nigeria we can't boast of a single fourth generation hardware except the newly purchase ones sometime I think"bokoharam is a blessing in disguise" because our military will just be stangnant in upgrading all what we have majority were purchased during and shortly after the civil war. I mean what's wrong in nigeria having fourth generation MBT like the german leopard, french lercleric, black parthner frm north korean,british challenger or the T90 from russian I so much like this tanks cos its lighter I call it the flying fortress, when algeria can boast of the new T90ms tagil 305 and you know what ? Its one of the cheapest mbt and commercialized tank money can buy. And if we can't afford that why not a fourth generation light tank destroyers. When it comes to IFV we are grounded that's why our brave soldiers died they need fourth generation ifv to take dem to battle let them waste them in numbers when good ifv I believe we will reduce our casaulty rate and guys would not desert there duty post because they r protected; I'll recommend K-21 its a south korea IFV its one of the best in the world and its twice as cheap as the price of bradley! And if we dnt like it let's stick to our always russian customers for BMP-3 I like that die hard beast. And its high time we dominate our air superiority, I was shocked when I read an article/news on beegeagles blog that chad republic as ordered units of su 29,I can't remember the units but I think they will be up to 30units that means chad can invade and nigeria easily cos none of our jets can stand the suhkoi 29, if a country like chad that is economy is as bad as nothing to compare then what's disturbing nigeria from getting the mig 29 or 35 that's where we should place our self. Our top brass should be thinking in such a way that if chad a neibgouring country could possess such air superiority they may invade our airspace one day and all we would do is just fold our arms. Its because we r not dominating our air space that's why those barstards r striking just anyhow I heard they attacked a town yesterday killing those helpless and harmless civilian who again surrender there selve what a pity when will we fold our arm and watch dis ugly situation to continue. Why can't we buy at least 3 drones for regular patrol and survellance 24hrs to monitor the airspace so we would know where to strike and If we want to step up our game why not predator drones that can strike ! So we'll monitor those boko bastards and will be able to checkmate them. Honestly am sick and am beginning to loss fate in dis goverment !

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cjrane: 3:57am On Jul 20, 2014

Oga Sirius,
One cannot doubt your patriotism to Nigeria and I understand your aim to provide sincere answers to all these classified weapons questions.
But as a soldier, you know first hand that when the enemy knows your plan, strategy and type of weapons, you be walking into a deadly trap.

Some of these people asking about weapons are Boko Haram. I am getting uncomfortable the way you answer them. This now borders on national security.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 4:27am On Jul 20, 2014
cool318:

@ibnsultan, Are they seized or newly procured weapons
The 3rd pic shows seized weaponry frm BH @adeyemik
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 4:30am On Jul 20, 2014
cjrane:

Oga Sirius,
One cannot doubt your patriotism to Nigeria and I understand your aim to provide sincere answers to all these classified weapons questions.
But as a soldier, you know first hand that when the enemy knows your plan, strategy and type of weapons, you be walking into a deadly trap.

Some of these people asking about weapons are Boko Haram. I am getting uncomfortable the way you answer them. This now borders on national security.
must info his sharing are already in public.it doesn't compromise#nationalsecurity. We need to talk bc we don't know if the DHQ will one day review the info on this thread

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 12:01pm On Jul 20, 2014
cjrane:

Oga Sirius,

Noted sir...But I doubt that I have given out any classified info on army operations..The Bigfoot MRAP was first viewed by Nigerians on National TV and not even here...also we have defence blogs like Beegeagle. that also assess Military hardware and make recommendations for better equipment..all weapons specs I have given here are things you can get on Google...As for "classified" info...Nothing of that nature has been discussed here.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by HandOfChukwu: 12:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
komekn:

Siriusblack,

Exactly, I don't know exactly why it's always the dumbest possible leaders that get into power here in Nigeria but it must stop, we have the highest GDP in Africa..yet we cant afford to spend $250 million to buy 1000 MRAPS or just $25 million like you said to buy 100 of the best tanks in the world from Germany, where does the money go? Under Goodluck Jonathan's hat? That would explain why he always has that same dirty hat on anyway.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
Spratan mkIII APC. 2Bigfoot3panhard vbl on patrol. 4 cot/Coin soldier and defender assembling Ak47 blindfolded

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 2:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
HandOfChukwu: Exactly, I don't know exactly why it's always the dumbest possible leaders that get into power here in Nigeria but it must stop, we have the highest GDP in Africa..yet we cant afford to spend $250 million to buy 1000 MRAPS or just $25 million like you said to buy 100 of the best tanks in the world from Germany, where does the money go? Under Goodluck Jonathan's hat? That would explain why he always has that same dirty hat on anyway.
Well, the Minister of State For Defence said that "Huge" acquisitions are underway..Let's keep our fingers crossed.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.