Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,998 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230724 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Glocal1: 4:27pm On Feb 07, 2015
I hope we have ample nuclear reserve as well in our armory.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by oluemmakay(m): 4:27pm On Feb 07, 2015
lazsnaira:
And who are those fools looking down on the Nigerian Armed Forces? We have men and we have machines, enough to rid the country of this northern plague! Respect For Our Soldiers!
So.... Why the delay
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 07, 2015
I support our troops and I feel like joining the army.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2015
oluemmakay:

So.... Why the delay
Ask am oh . . .
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by o42austino(m): 5:02pm On Feb 07, 2015
Glocal1:
I hope we have ample nuclear reserve as well in our armory.
u shld not be asking Childish question ,how many nation do u think has nuclear warhead? Nuclear warhead is outlawed in d international community,its only the big Nations that has it,Nigeria dont hv it.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by enomakos(m): 5:48pm On Feb 07, 2015
DoubleFaith:

To where??
...Borno is where we needed his services most!
you are not serious,you want him dead?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Glocal1: 5:49pm On Feb 07, 2015
o42austino:
u shld not be asking Childish question ,how many nation do u think has nuclear warhead? Nuclear warhead is outlawed in d international community,its only the big Nations that has it,Nigeria dont hv it.
I don't think its a bad idea having some as well. My question is however not childish bro.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 7:55pm On Feb 07, 2015
SiriusBlack:
No o..lol..Its a MASSIVE capital project that I don't see Nigeria going into for the next 30-40 years...But we maintain our Alpha jet engines here in Nigeria.

I don't see why we can't produce ours, within next 10 years. Pakistan, Brazil , and countless other countries with relative little Air force and aircraft manufacture history are manufacturing future multi-role fighters , China have developed a cobra competitor and Iran with limitations are doing rather well.

If we can improve our institutions and make the most of our engineering capacities we should be able to do something. Aircraft technology is simple what is complex is the avionic suites which are usually provided by already established multi-national corps anyway.

I mean look at DICON they are still producing AK47s with wooden stocks and heavy poor quality/ design barrels, they could be producing colt AR weapons without any licence and running gas piston designs like HK

We should have migrated to better MANPATS by now not RPG 7

I really am considering moving to Nigeria to join the NA if they would post me to Dicon

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 07, 2015
Its what I am hearing true? Dat Siracusblack was kidnapped by bh boys?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by DYKA: 8:23pm On Feb 07, 2015
TOO MUCH MODERN WARFARE NAIM DEY CAUSE ALL THIS ONE SO. NOBI AS DEM DEY CALL PAPA, NAIM DEMDEY CALL MAMA OOO
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
signz:

Now that's a good idea. Someone can meet the manufacturers and some banks. See how he/she can make it as transparent as possible.

The adverts should be both online and offline. TV stations should do it for free and online platforms like NL, Bellanaija, linda ikeji,etc should also be free.

Nigerians should raise at least $5 m just to buy small arms and small equipments like night vision goggles, Ak 74 with grenade launchers, body armour and helmets, etc.

Maybe those beegeagle guys can do the fund raising and purchase (in a very transparent way) and donate them to the COAS Minimah. All these should be done under the watchful eyes of EFCC and the weapon manufacturers should publish in their websites that they're selling certain military equipments @ a so so amount for transparency sake.

This will also put pressure on GEJ and NOI to release more funds to buy more helos, fighter jets, multiple automatic grenade launchers, land cruiser jeeps, IFCs all Armed with high calibre weapons,etc

This is a sure way of boosting the morale of our boys in the front and at the same time sending a signal to the sponsors and members of this terrorist group that we will not bow down to intimidation and that they will certainly be crushed.

God bless Nigeria cool

What happened to this idea. If it wasn't launched, it's not too late to do so
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by stexsy(m): 9:54pm On Feb 07, 2015
barcanista:
f00ool...like I care to impress you!

What is your intent of posting these photos?

Who are yu workin for?

I don't xpect any further response from you tho!
u always sound so stup1d
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Horus(m): 9:57pm On Feb 07, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-7T6RV5dbg

[size=15pt]Nigeria's 'disgrace' That Neighbors Must Take on Boko Haram[/size]

Opposition presidential candidate Muhammdu Buhari said it is a "disgrace" for Nigeria that its neighbors have been more successful in battle against its Boko Haram insurgency than its own army. He made the statements a week before the election, saying quote: "It’s a big disgrace for Nigeria. It is now Cameroon and Chad fighting the insurgency more than Nigeria. We will build the capacity and Nigeria should be able to secure its territorial integrity." Troops from neighboring Chad, Niger and Cameroon, all much smaller and poorer than Nigeria, have been battling the Islamist militants who have seized territory in northeastern Nigeria in a five-year insurgency.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Reference(m): 11:02pm On Feb 07, 2015
4stylz:
Nigeria military should not celebrate themselves like this... there should be a level of secrets in the military ! They should fight the problem and keep it secret.

Impossible to satisfy you folks. You said the American military carries CNN to war. You said American weaponry is on Discovery Channel and its military TRADOC is on History Channel now ours is on Nairaland we want do keep secrets What's with you guys and consistency. Flip flops are only for Sunday afternoon's at the beach not for successful campaigns against those who will slit your throat on divine orders from above.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by miredia(m): 1:28am On Feb 08, 2015
chronique:
@ siriusblack: kudos for a thread like this. I've been following thus thread from day one and I love it. It has given me a different view of what the army is facing upnorth and I commend you galant soldiers for the sacrifices you guys have made for people like us to be able to live in peace and go about our business smoothly. May God bless you all. Hinestly,at some point,I was pondering on quitting my business temporarily,to join the army to end this boko haram mess but I couldn't make the decision cos of those dependent on me. I had to look at the issue of their well being and what would happen to them,should the inevitable occur. However,I'm wondering if the army can make use if some kind of unorthodox method in this war. We all know how deadly the ebola virus is and how fast it kills. Can some of the insurgents in captivity be injected with this virus,and then released to the camps of the boko boys. We use it as a decoy in getting each of the kidnapped girls released. We all know what would likely happen to them in 30 days time. One infected insuregnt alone,can infect the while camp. As they bury the dead,they contact it. This would definitely weaken the fighting capabilities of their foot soldiers.
grin grin grin this guy go wicked well well cheesy grin loool
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by nkemdi89(f): 10:13am On Feb 08, 2015
barcanista:
What is the intent of this thread? Is it to gv d sect classified info on military activities or what?

The DSS and Military should fish out the OP and close this thread as a matter or National Security
You just read my mind, my own take on this is if the op is authorised to divulge such official and sensitive information cos if not these is a threat. Is the army PRO aware of these? Its very informative but as a serving member of any of the force who has taken oath of secrecy and allegiance is this not against the ethics of the job. Op I sincerely appreciate your post but is this not detrimental to your job and the entire security structure please watch yoour back cos ur family values you more than the faceless nairalanders coming to get information.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 08, 2015
SiriusBlack, wish you would be available to give us updates for the next six weeks
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ObiOkpor(m): 12:37pm On Feb 08, 2015
nkemdi89:

You just read my mind, my own take on this is if the op is authorised to divulge such official and sensitive information cos if not these is a threat. Is the army PRO aware of these? Its very informative but as a serving member of any of the force who has taken oath of secrecy and allegiance is this not against the ethics of the job. Op I sincerely appreciate your post but is this not detrimental to your job and the entire security structure please watch yoour back cos ur family values you more than the faceless nairalanders coming to get information.
Mama mind reader,this is 21 century where nothing is hidden. He has done well bringing to us up to date info about the ongoing war in the NE. We appreciate and love him very much. He is hale and hearty,so park well and run outta this thread,it‘s not for you!
Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Themandator: 1:25pm On Feb 08, 2015
komekn:

Siriusblack,

It’s great to see this thread is up and running again.

Don't think this will work, the problem is not money but corruption. You will not get a licence to export weaponry to Nigeria without full government consent, you would have to give the money to the Nigerian authority, and you know what will happen to it, POCKETED.

No quibbles, if I had the supposed capital investment budget of $1billion for our military this war would be over essentially in four weeks, With just 30% of it Boko would be almost inoperable in terms of it's capacity to carry out hit and run raids.

I saw a video on youtube today with Boko posturing and making a mockery of the Nigerian nation and its political leaders, in the background was a newly captured Streit Spartan APC.I do not know what specification we have on these vehicles ? But I have said time and time again it’s not just the vehicle but the weapons station on that makes the difference.

Please nobody in Iraq or similar would steal a French, US, German, etc APC, it would be suicide, worse than a Trojan horse, you have just made yourselves roasted beef. You would be tracked so easily all your communications monitored , bases exposed and at the right time you would be laser guided bombed to meet your fifty virgins.

Are we just buying the bare bones , I am not expecting the full suite of C4ISR systems on our APC’s and IFV’s communications technology is dirt cheap right now. What does it cost to have a tracker system on every single vehicle linked into satellite and mobile gps communications; for goodness sake we have our own satellite.

I’m sorry I find this to be gross incompetence, it costs less that £20 quid to have each vehicle linked in and tracked, it should be part of basic battlefield management and communications.

The minute they took that vehicle we should know all their movements all digital communications monitored , logged identified and by now I would have shekau eating HOT humble pie in chains. Instead I have this sadist posturing on youtube with his new captured apc from the Nigerian army.

I still feel there is massive corruption in procurement hence the quest for Chinese weaponry. I don’t even want to know how that APC was captured it’s too painful. Furthermore those BIG BOGUS Chinese MRAPS are in my limited opinion are not fit for purpose for the purposes of COIN in the NE. There are far better options available to us that will give us expedience and precision in taking out targets with great devastating effect.

It has become painfully apparent, with loss of numerous gallant officers and soldiers that the gap between expected outcomes and actual delivery is enormous. The matter is being politicised while our boys are being killed. I put the blame squarely on the politicians who are essentially clueless.

Your statement makes a lot of sense. Certainly these new acquisitions can't be without trackers.. I believe that at the right time, it gathered data,from movement to and fro, will be actioned.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Themandator: 2:24pm On Feb 08, 2015
signz:

Well raising funds na long thing my brother.

Moreover, FG wants to collect $1 bn loan just for equipments.

Though I wish we can still raise the money not just to complement what the FG is doing but to also show the military boys serving at the front that we the citizens are solidly behind them So as to boost their morale.

The FG is not asking for a billion dollars.. Persay but an approval to to collect all manner of military equipment from Belarus worth that amount... Amenities is scheduled many years into the future.

It just we go to them with a list and their government approves we carry comot... Dem write am down and how much of the balance is left
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by coolshegs10(m): 3:01pm On Feb 08, 2015
SiriusBlack:
Well, issues like that exist but only on an insignificant scale...vehicles that break down are immobilized to prevent them falling into enemy hands..till Army engineers get them back into service...as for the rifles, the AK is VERY reliable..and hardly jams..sometimes, troops battle in sandstorms, swamps, and in intense daylight heat..still the AK kicks on..bt its quite inaccurate...you need to put in about 5 short bursts on targets of 300m to get any chance of hitting the target...but the new AK-74s on the scene, from what I heard, is FAR more accurate at ranges the Type-56(N.A's AK variant) and AKM(being phased out) cannot dream of matching...but in summary, a lot still needs to be done...troops need NVGs,more AK-74s, ATGMs for BH technicals, and automatic grenade lauchers..also, a dedicated IFV is needed..ill Strongly recommend the BMP-2..or AAA mounted guntrucks to give troops confidence when going into battle.

God bless u bro...pls pose apics of a soldier with d Ak74
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by nkemdi89(f): 5:13pm On Feb 08, 2015
ObiOkpor:

Mama mind reader,this is 21 century where nothing is hidden. He has done well bringing to us up to date info about the ongoing war in the NE. We appreciate and love him very much. He is hale and hearty,so park well and run outta this thread,it‘s not for you!
Thanks.
God knows my concern is not for cos you are faceless somebody who only come to these forum so as well I don't know your motive .
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ObiOkpor(m): 5:48pm On Feb 08, 2015
nkemdi89:

God knows my concern is not for cos you are faceless somebody who only come to these forum so as well I don't know your motive .
So do i,i don‘t know your motive either. But as for me,i see no wrong in what he has done. If you are pained,go to court and remain there. tongue
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by veron007: 5:54pm On Feb 08, 2015
quid:

"Quid" I know that it's Buhari your Boko Haram chief commander that sent you to talk rubbish here. God willing Buhari will shear the same fate as his Boko Haram . He will be defeated again! Sai GEJ! Sai Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by MightyFortress: 6:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
Heart warming pics... Hope dey.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2015
veron007:

"Quid" I know that it's Buhari your Boko Haram chief commander that sent you to talk rubbish here. God willing Buhari will shear the same fate as his Boko Haram . He will be defeated again! Sai GEJ! Sai Nigeria!
Yeah right.
So u guys are back to leaking military info by pretending to chat on Nairaland
Some of us see through the deception.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by juman(m): 8:09pm On Feb 08, 2015
One nigeria is the root of all problems of this country.

nigeria is a country that belongs to nobody.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Zuria(f): 9:06pm On Feb 08, 2015
Counter Terrorism Operations showing now on STV grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by stigman(m): 4:32pm On Feb 09, 2015
SiriusBlack:
That is a heavy one bro...a very heavy question.....
My brother you will not fall in jesus name amen, in will live to testify the goodness of the lord in ur life IJN
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by zonax(m): 6:22pm On Feb 10, 2015
Desric:
What offence are you talking about, and when has it become a crime for one to make a polite correction?. Anyway, it is " there" and not "their".
U welcome.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by amywonda: 2:40pm On Feb 11, 2015
Themandator:

Your statement makes a lot of sense. Certainly these new acquisitions can't be without trackers.. I believe that at the right time, it gathered data,from movement to and fro, will be actioned.

thata makes sense but for cheap trackiing systems u mentioned, that would be foolhardy because ordinary theives steal cars and disarm the trackers in minuets, these boko boys are well funded and resourceful, geting all the trucks disarmed of trackers would be like opening a candy wrap
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by PastorKun(m): 3:03pm On Feb 11, 2015
amywonda:

thata makes sense but for cheap trackiing systems u mentioned, that would be foolhardy because ordinary theives steal cars and disarm the trackers in minuets, these boko boys are well funded and resourceful, geting all the trucks disarmed of trackers would be like opening a candy wrap

That's if they know the vehicles have trackers in the first instance. Asides I don't think the boko boys are that sofisticated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.