Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! (10217 Views)

Evd(ebola Virus Disease) On OAU Campus? / Double Good Newz On Oau Admisn List And Predree Result / News On Oau Predegree And Ume Admission List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by fattbabakay(m): 9:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
Have You Seen This?
NOW TO THE MATTER THAT CONCERNS ME

My Once-Upon-A-Time great Ife [url=eduregard.com.ng/oau-great-ife-greatness/]Obafemi Awolowo University[/url] management knew so well that d school fees will still be hiked when they joined ASUU on a marathon-like 6mnths compulsory holiday(strike), claiming they were fighting for d PURPOSE of WE students,we were still waiting patiently to witness d so-called purpose of d strike when we were brought back to d bitter reality by a hot slap on our collective face with d reality of a 320% increment in fees which even Paul The Octopus couldn't have predicted,not to talk of TB Joshua.

Thumbsup to d ever-conscious Student Union Group,who rose against d inhumane decision to say NO to such form of injustice ; Freedom they say,can never be willingly given by d oppressor,if not rightfully demanded by d oppressed.

Kudos to Ibikunle(SUG president) and his cohorts,I owe y'all 50cents when we finally win this struggle grin,but how long will this linger?? I know quite well that we've gone too FAR (progressively or not),we can't afford to turn back now BUT y'all should all remember that TIME is like an eagle,It FLIES and Life is too short for a real n!gga to just sit and watch days flip off his age all in d name of aluta.Also bear it in mind that making media campaign and speeches up and down might not solve this issue,go and ask Jonathan,even d devil will have to get a calculator to know how many media speeches he has made concerning Boko Haram,and whoever knows when their next attack will be.Getting on camera is not a solution,we need ACTIONS not Media Attentions.

And now students just sit at home,all WE do is cram twitter hashtags,pick online beefs,engage in intense worldcup arguments and even form dry jokes about d so much anticipated resumption just to kill boredom.We seem to have been caught between sylas and charybdis,a complete dilemma and a boring tug-of-war.Now my desperate hommies are blaming d SUG for their being at home and my determined real n!ggaz keep on shouting 'Aluta Continua',waiting impatiently for d victory to be ascertained.

Finally,anyone who knows anybody that somhow somewhere knows Ibikunle (SUG president) should tell him to forget all actions coming through reactions,giving him tensions and temptations,for he's in progression in proportion to our success.But increase your volume + move closer to his left ear and tell him to : flee every time-wasting communications and get a good conception,as we need corrections to this ongoing media predictions,for this is d session to make a decision as we all are on motion with little or no time meant for reasonable/unreasonable aluta donations.

I can go on divulging my views but "He Who Talks And Chill Lives To Talk Another Day".

FATTKAY @ THIS JUNCTURE,SIGNOUT!!!

You can follow me on Twitter @ Fattkay

18 Likes

Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by michaeltotti(m): 10:12pm On Jul 06, 2014
Real talk!cool
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by Adegbemigunjosh(m): 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
michaeltotti: Real talk!cool
hmmn fatty soro

1 Like

Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by papindinho(m): 11:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
A word from ma homie..... Jah bless you bro.
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by justreg90: 5:48am On Jul 07, 2014
Fattkay you have spoken well. I will never forgive the OAU SU if after wasting my time I still pay that same amount.

2 Likes

Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 07, 2014
I dey come make I chop first. Would be right back. undecided
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by Yoney007(f): 6:51am On Jul 07, 2014
Let the needful be done
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by Yungwizzzy28(m): 6:52am On Jul 07, 2014
Your mates are paying millions in private unis you're ranting all over cos of minor increment

how do you expect quality education from the peanut you pay?

it's for your own good drop out of school or become rich like me!!

4 Likes

Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by dejt4u(m): 6:53am On Jul 07, 2014
Na today? After wasting 2months at home in 2011 al in the name of protesting the 20k acceptance fee, what happened next then, NOTHING..
Imagin 2months for 20k..
You better forget the struggle nd face reality..

2 Likes

Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by ebullientV(m): 6:54am On Jul 07, 2014
Post-ASUU strike entails nothing but chaos in many of our prominent schools.

I think d pertinent question here should be If/when other schools will join in ds school fees increment madness..

Welldone OP..
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by Shori(m): 6:55am On Jul 07, 2014
Yoney007: Let the needful be done
...and the ''needful'' is?
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by Vansnickers: 6:55am On Jul 07, 2014
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by pontirock(m): 6:57am On Jul 07, 2014
Dey went on strike so dat dey wud be receiving enuf funds 4rm m federal Government,why ar dey increasing d school fees again?

2 Likes

Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by dridowu: 6:57am On Jul 07, 2014
What a pity the country we found ourselves those who enjoy quality education are now the ones imposing hike fees to the our generation. OAU mgt may have their short comings but the main blames goes to the FG who find it diffcult to fund education in country but prefer to send their children/wards to overseas/private school.
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by skullz: 6:59am On Jul 07, 2014
Ok.
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by pontirock(m): 6:59am On Jul 07, 2014
angry
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by otokx(m): 7:01am On Jul 07, 2014
FG has refused to fund education preferring the super eagles instead. Federal universities all over Nigeria are increasing their fees in response to the FG action.
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by Tsam96(m): 7:01am On Jul 07, 2014
nicely said...victory delayd is victory denied
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by Yoney007(f): 7:03am On Jul 07, 2014
Shori: ...and the ''needful'' is?

Kudos to aluta but ascertain should be continued another day...Let them graduate and leave....the system is already messed up.
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 07, 2014
Lyk seriously tym wait fr no1......im tired of staying @home..all dos stupid errands r so annoying

cryLyk seriously tym wait fr no1......im tired of staying @home..all dos stupid errands r so annoying
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 07, 2014
well said bro.
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by jaryeh(m): 7:15am On Jul 07, 2014

Even in her current pathetic state,
even
with her battered Academic
calendar,
even with this unending face-off, do we
still represent this school? Aren't we
tired and fed-up? Aren't we blaming
ourselves, regretting of ever coming
to
this school? Where is our resilent and
indefatigable spirit? The school
management is on the top, united,
and
here we are at the 'bottom', divided.
Is this still the OAU of George Iwalade
(a.k.a Africa)? Is this still the OAU
that
her students shook the whole
nation
with their anger and calmed the latter
with their happiness? We all need to
be
united. Don't forget this is the only
school we can call ours. We have no
other place to go, as some lines in our
school Anthem read thus:
''There is only one great Ife in the
universe
Another Great Ife is a counterfeit''.
We mumur and clamour that our colleagues in other Institutions
whom
we wrote the same UTME, are a
semester or two ahead of us. But
Greatest Ife, please let's note that;
''First to depart is not always first to arrive. There is no competition in
destiny. Que sera sera, what will be,
will be''. As for me, even with this
unending and yet, compulsory
holiday,
I still rep the Legendary OBA AWON UNIVERSITY!!!
All these bloody freshers don tire o.
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by Abeos(m): 7:16am On Jul 07, 2014
dat's why oau is a big time wasting school when other schools are in second semester, she is just starting her first and it's being closed down again
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by Shori(m): 7:17am On Jul 07, 2014
It's called ''diplomacy''! All the school management wanted from the students was the green light to shutting down the school - an inside-school protest and the students fell for it. The increment of the fees is actually not the problem,but the cruel 320% increase is. Even Pythagoras wouldn't have come up with such a figure. . .

Now that we've found ourselves in an impasse,all we can do is ''watch'' and ''pray''. Time is fast ebbing away,but the destiny of many that'll be distorted because of the new fees is now the team's priority.
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:18am On Jul 07, 2014
Yungwizzzy28: Your mates are paying millions in private unis you're ranting all over cos of minor increment

Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by Shori(m): 7:27am On Jul 07, 2014
otokx: FG has refused to fund education preferring the super eagles instead. Federal universities all over Nigeria are increasing their fees in response to the FG action.
...and if FG should fund education,we Nigerians will say FG has refused to fund sports. If FG switch attention to sports,we'll say FG has refused to fund.... The truth is,there's a long list of sectors that needs funding from the FG and obviously not all will(can) be properly touched.
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by IdomaLikita: 7:31am On Jul 07, 2014
Yungwizzzy28: Your mates are paying millions in private unis you're ranting all over cos of minor increment

*yawns*

1 Like

Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by Busuyib(f): 7:32am On Jul 07, 2014
Una just stat.
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by Nihilist: 7:33am On Jul 07, 2014
fatbabakay:
Finally,anyone who knows anybody that somhow somewhere knows Ibikunle (SUG president) should tell him to forget all actions coming through reactions,giving him tensions and temptations,for he's in progression in proportion to our success

Twale Mr Fatbabakay!!!

Well played cool
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by Shori(m): 7:34am On Jul 07, 2014
jaryeh:
All these bloody freshers don tire o.
grin grin grin grin grin
Sir,this is not about being a bloody fresher or stallite. Nigeria employers don't employ ''old cargos'' again. It's meant to be ''spend 4 years and go!'' and not ''4+x''. The stallites too are tired,and not the freshers alone.
Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by jaryeh(m): 7:43am On Jul 07, 2014
Shori: Sir,this is not about being a bloody fresher or stallite. Nigeria employers don't employ ''old cargos'' again. It's meant to be ''spend 4 years and go!'' and not ''4+x''. The stallites too are tired,and not the freshers alone.
You were not aware too? Ok. Contunu. grin grin grin grin grin
Well, methinks anyone who wants to graduate in time should not think of OAU at all. It has always been so in OAU. Not that we shouldn't care about graduating early, I care too. But, we have to endure, pray and support the SUG the little way we can. Majority of them are finalists too.

1 Like

Re: MUST READ : Fattkay's Views On OAU Saga! by Ifyx(m): 8:13am On Jul 07, 2014
thumbs up baba mi,u're duly sighted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Secure UNILAG MSc MECHANICAL ENGINEERING Admission / Application For Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) Accreditation (For Lawyers) / Governor Akeredolu Orders Reappointment Of Sacked Ondo Poly Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.