Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako (2672 Views)

This Did Not Happen In Edo State. See How They Lied Against Gov Oshiomhole. PICS / Nassarawa:Probe Panel Dismiss All Allegations Against Gov.Al-Makura / Gov. Nyako Impeached By Adamawa Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by homesteady(m): 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2014
The Federal Government through the office
of the Attorney General of the federation
and minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello
Adoke, SAN, will soon file a six count
charge bordering on treason against the
embattled governor of Adamawa state
Murtala Nyako over the alleged letter he
wrote to the Northern governors accusing
the Federal Government of Genocide and
president Goodluck Jonathan.
A Highly placed source in the office of the
Attorney General of the federation said
that the FG will initiate the move as soon
as the state Assembly resolved the
impeachment charges preffered against the
governor.
According the source, the FG is currently
waiting for the embattled governor to be
removed by the Adamawa state Assembly
because of section 308 of the Nigerian
constitution which allows the president, his
Vice and governors and their deputies to
enjoy immunity.
He said that Murtala Nyako will be charge
before a federal High court sitting in
Abuja.
Vice Admiral Murtala Nyako (rtd.), had
written to the Northern Governors Forum,
accusing the Federal Government of
embarking on what he alleged as a full-
fledged genocide in the North.
The letter dated April 16, copy of which
was made available to Nigerian pilot , noted
that the adverse security situation in
Northern Nigeria in particular and Nigeria
in general is being felt by all.
According to Nyako, “While every State
Government is doing everything possible
using virtually all its resources to stem the
tide of near disaster facing all of us
especially in the North, it is a well-known
fact that the present Federal
administration has now become a
government of impunity run by an evil-
minded leadership for the advancement of
corruption that is apparently enjoying the
protection of the Federal administration as
a citizen of this country should enjoy but is
being denied by the administration using its
mass murderers/cut-throats imbedded in
our legitimate and traditional Defence and
Security organisations.”
He alleged that “ the protection of life and
property of innocent citizens in Northern
Nigeria and recognising their human rights
and voting right in the forthcoming general
elections is no longer a cardinal principle
of the administration.” Tracing what he
described as “The beginning of Genocide,”
Nyako said:
Clearly the victims of the Administration’s
evil-mindedness are substantially Northern
Nigerians. The administration is bent on
bringing wars in the North between Muslim
and Christians and within them and
between one ethnic group and another or
others in various communities in the
region.
“Cases of mass murders by its bloody
minded killers and cut-throats are well
known, but it attributes the killings to so-
called Boko-Haram. Thousands of our young
girls and boys have been kidnapped by
clearly organised militia in the last few
years and kidnapping is now a random
affair all over the far North.”

Source - AIT https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=698111686924313&id=129804217088399&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6033052707943889567%3Amf_story_key.-2368615017657083723&__tn__=%2As
Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by basisop(m): 10:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
He never jam!

2 Likes

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by idumuose(m): 11:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
The noose is tightening it's grip around Nyako's neck little by little.By the the govt is through
With him Timipriye Sylver will be a saint.

2 Likes

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by warripekin(m): 11:22pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nyako on the brink

3 Likes

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by lakpalakpa: 11:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nonsense!!!

Same fools who dropped charges against Abacha, granted Alams pardon and appointed Bode's wife as Nafdac DG.

Mumu dey smell follow Jona-daft!!!

cheesy

7 Likes

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by gramci: 6:10am On Jul 07, 2014
Doro Nyako
Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by eaglechild: 6:30am On Jul 07, 2014
He should be in jail.

For inciting violence.
Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by VICTORCIZA(m): 6:40am On Jul 07, 2014
supported and endorsed.
nyako will regret the day he took pen and paper to write that trash

5 Likes

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by hurricaneChris: 6:44am On Jul 07, 2014
What's the minimum sentence for treason? Life jail? 10, 15, 20years?

I fear that case paz murder case.

1 Like

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 07, 2014
lakpalakpa: Nonsense!!!

Same fools who dropped charges against Abacha, granted Alams pardon and appointed Bode's wife as Nafdac DG.

cheesy

I dont understand how you feel, bur take it easy dear.

You should not develop HBP over another man's stupidity.

5 Likes

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by Tranquill: 6:57am On Jul 07, 2014
lakpalakpa: Nonsense!!!

cheesy

So Bode's wife is Nafdac DG?

You can clearly see how your mumuness dey smell lakpalakpa-daft!!!

8 Likes

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by Ohjerry: 7:00am On Jul 07, 2014
Oh Lord! Who or what can save this Governor? He seems doomed.

1 Like

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by wirinet(m): 7:26am On Jul 07, 2014
How can writing a letter accusing the president be termed treason? Incitement - yes, libel - yes, but treason is stretching the issue too far. In that case every that has made allegations against president Jonathan has committed treason. If so why is OBJ walking free?

Is it only accusations against the president that can be termed treason? what about wild allegations against a sitting governor? is it treason also?

2 Likes

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by Adindupeter: 7:34am On Jul 07, 2014
This is what happens when one takes Gej's humility and gentility for cowardice.

4 Likes

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by egift(m): 7:38am On Jul 07, 2014
So the FG just found out about the letter today? grin

2 Likes

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by munky(m): 7:43am On Jul 07, 2014
wirinet: How can writing a letter accusing the president be termed treason? Incitement - yes, libel - yes, but treason is stretching the issue too far. In that case every that has made allegations against president Jonathan has committed treason. If so why is OBJ walking free?

Is it only accusations against the president that can be termed treason? what about wild allegations against a sitting governor? is it treason also?

it is treason and sedition. any act against the federal republic or against the goodwill of the federal republic by one of its citizen can be termed treason. I think APC should have distanced themselves from that man the minute he wrote that letter. inciting violence is one thing but spreading hate on a specific ethnic group is beyond reproach.

3 Likes

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:15am On Jul 07, 2014
The guy was too moronic to say Jonathan wasn't behind his impeachment conspiracy...
mumu

1 Like

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by wirinet(m): 8:21am On Jul 07, 2014
munky:

it is treason and sedition. any act against the federal republic or against the goodwill of the federal republic by one of its citizen can be termed treason. I think APC should have distanced themselves from that man the minute he wrote that letter. inciting violence is one thing but spreading hate on a specific ethnic group is beyond reproach.

where is the treason and sedition in the letter? did it ask for the overthrow of the government? Did the letter call for the assassination of the president? please tell me which ethnic group the letter incited violence against. Igbo or ijaw.

Accusations against a sitting president is not the same thing as a treasonable act against the federal republic.
What makes OBJ 's letter different from Nyako's letter. I am certain a charge of treason will not fly at the courts.

1 Like

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by koboko69: 8:45am On Jul 07, 2014
Slowspokes in every arm of the government. How many of massob leaders have been tried for treason. Those are the original traitors. Wonder how writting a letter of accusation should be termed treason.

3 Likes

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 07, 2014
When will Asari Dokubo be charged for treason?

angry

3 Likes

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by CyberWolf: 8:56am On Jul 07, 2014
wirinet: How can writing a letter accusing the president be termed treason? Incitement - yes, libel - yes, but treason is stretching the issue too far. In that case every that has made allegations against president Jonathan has committed treason. If so why is OBJ walking free?

why are you crying more than the bereaved?...allow nyako to defend himself in the court of law...

1 Like

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by CyberWolf: 8:57am On Jul 07, 2014
Some people are just winning unnecessarily here..Allow nyako to defend himself in the court of law.. angry

1 Like

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by Odunharry(m): 9:38am On Jul 07, 2014
berem: When will Asari Dokubo be charged for treason?

angry
what a country

1 Like

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by wirinet(m): 9:40am On Jul 07, 2014
CyberWolf: why are you crying more than the bereaved?...allow nyako to defend himself in the court of law...

Have you seen me defending Nyako? Where have I said he should not be charged to court? What I said is that a charge of treason will not stick according to the legal definition of treason.

This government only knows how to charge people to court in the media, they hardly ever actually go to court proper. Upon all the noise about charging Sanusi for "fraud" and for sponsoring terrorism, up till his tenure expired and he became Emir, no case was filled.
Now they are charging Nyako with treasonable felony in the media, I am certain that once he is impeached (which appears inevitable ), we would not hear of the charges again.

3 Likes

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by Odunharry(m): 9:42am On Jul 07, 2014
Jonathan: I wonder what's going
on next door.

Patience: It's a birthday party!

Jonathan: Whose birthday party is
it?

Patience: I'm sure it's Tuyu's
birthday.

Jonathan: How did you know?
Who is Tuyu

Patience: I heard them singing
''Happy Birthday Tuyu!!!.......

Good m6rning pals..

1 Like

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by kadas01(m): 10:38am On Jul 07, 2014
This silly "terrorist governor" is lucky president Jonathan is a gentleman! Nyako suppose to don collect cane for head tey tey! Imagine a sitting governor maliciously inciting the populace against the president with his "smelling letter"! It's so unfortunate!

2 Likes

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by engrflames: 12:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nyako is in serious trouble, it is only a fool that fights the one he can't beat.
Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by chimerase2: 12:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
He should be sentenced to 40 yrs imprisonment angry
Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by CyberWolf: 1:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
wirinet:

Have you seen me defending Nyako? Where have I said he should not be charged to court? What I said is that a charge of treason will not stick according to the legal definition of treason.

This government only knows how to charge people to court in the media, they hardly ever actually go to court proper. Upon all the noise about charging Sanusi for "fraud" and for sponsoring terrorism, up till his tenure expired and he became Emir, no case was filled.
Now they are charging Nyako with treasonable felony in the media, I am certain that once he is impeached (which appears inevitable ), we would not hear of the charges again.
are you the judge to interprete whether the charge is a treason charge or not..why not allow the charge to get to court, if it lacks merit, they will strike it out..
Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by akumada1: 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
egift: So the FG just found out about the letter today? grin
Dont you know that imunity covered govs and president?

1 Like

Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 07, 2014
Every time some people try tto make me beelieve jonathan is a good president,I alway have it at the back of my mind that he is a bad leaderm...he is tooo despirate,over ambiteous,political witchunting
Re: FG To File Six Count Charge On Treason Against Gov. Nyako by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 07, 2014
wirinet:

As old as you claimd to be, so you can't even differentiate between treason and treasonable felony. Silly apologist, silly broomer. SMH

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Compare. No Insults Pls / Caught On Camera ,PDP Woo Students With Mr.biggs(pics) / APC Is Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.