Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,378 members, 7,864,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:55 AM

PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon (10120 Views)

Nigerian Doctors Allege Plot To Incite Health Workers Against Buhari / Liberian Doctors Have Finally Discoverd The Cure For Ebola!!! / Should Doctors Have The Right To Strike? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by armadeo(m): 8:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
double0seven: @armedo

What do you mean by allied health workers. This is a term coined by Nigerian doctors. They are a vital part of the health sector,; therefore they are health workers.
Its either you are in the health sector or you ate not. So physiotherapist is not in the health sector. A medical laboratory scientist is not in the health sector but only connected or allied to it. Also a pharmacist.

You guys are pathetic. Going by your submission, the only people in the health sector are doctors and dentist..... abi?

the term allied health workers refers to members of the health team apart from doctors, nurses and pharmacists. It is not a derogatory term.

CALM DOWN!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_health_professions
Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by double0seven(m): 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
armadeo:

the term allied health workers refers to members of the health team apart from doctors, nurses and pharmacists. It is not a derogatory term.

CALM DOWN!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_health_professions

okay...... really very sorry.......withdraw my statement..... fall down shamed & repent in ashes.....
Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by hushmail: 10:09pm On Jul 07, 2014
it surprises me that this topic just de show up for NL.

Ebola dey ravage W.Africa

Bombs dey go off everywhere for Nija,

and Doctors dey strike, truly unbelievable and unacceptable
Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by dumodust(m): 10:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
MeAboki: In a house of 10, when only 1 is against the rest then something fishy must be going on, because all other 9 cannot be wrong.
Doctors greed and selfishness against other health workers is the cause of this wahala.
Imagine going on strike because:
you don't want others to graduate as consultants - even though anyone can become consultant in his own field
you don't others to be promoted to directors - even though the law entitles them to it
you don't want others to skip GL 11 - even though the law entitles them to it like other civil servants.
you want house officers & resident doctors to be paid teaching allowances - even though they are students & not teaching anybody.
You want to be given the highest Hazard allowance - even though there are others more exposed to hazards than you.
you want to take over control importation of laboratory reagents & equipment - even though there is the laboratory regulatory body (MLSCN) as provided by law
you want to head departments or organisations of other health professionals - e.g. NAFDAC even though they are not meant for you.
you do not want other professionals to head hospitals or become minister for health - even though these positions are essentially and purely administrative/political.

And the list goes on.....haba doctors, na una only be ppl?

phoneys spend so much time explaining themselves with useless analogies... who dey the same house with u abeg park one side... blood and engine oil no matter how red u try to colour it cannot mix... find your own village for your tribal chiefs with phoney titles.
and who said house officers and residents were students? your paucity of knwoledge amazes me and you posing like u know stuff about the health sector degree bearing working individuals are now students? if so then nobody should be paid too in the quackery sector. for your information, if u dont already know, house officers are also called interns...that name familiar to you? dumbo

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by Talibanis: 4:50am On Jul 08, 2014
MeAboki: In a house of 10, when only 1 is against the rest then something fishy must be going on, because all other 9 cannot be wrong.
Doctors greed and selfishness against other health workers is the cause of this wahala.
Imagine going on strike because:
you don't want others to graduate as consultants - even though anyone can become consultant in his own field
you don't others to be promoted to directors - even though the law entitles them to it
you don't want others to skip GL 11 - even though the law entitles them to it like other civil servants.
you want house officers & resident doctors to be paid teaching allowances - even though they are students & not teaching anybody.
You want to be given the highest Hazard allowance - even though there are others more exposed to hazards than you.
you want to take over control importation of laboratory reagents & equipment - even though there is the laboratory regulatory body (MLSCN) as provided by law
you want to head departments or organisations of other health professionals - e.g. NAFDAC even though they are not meant for you.
you do not want other professionals to head hospitals or become minister for health - even though these positions are essentially and purely administrative/political.

And the list goes on.....haba doctors, na una only be ppl?
Dude do u read released communique from the right source or u just listen to rumours given to u by doctor-beefers on the street and on the media?
Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by tunesoft(m): 6:00am On Jul 08, 2014
Anyways...Strike continues...
Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by katordidi(m): 8:57am On Jul 08, 2014
onyxo76: so because Keshi went without pay for 7 months drs should follow suit and work for free abi?? maybe we should ask you how they will meet their immediate family needs and that of other dependents? comparing a football coach and a medical doctor is not exactly a good case study.
i chose the case of keshi 2 emphasize my point, docs provide essential services they could mak do wit wat they 're recievin nw nd continue negotiations wit de govt. Its nt lyk they 're nt being paid. Medicine is nt 4 everybody sha its 4 dos wit compassion. Pls visit a govt hosp near u nd u'll be moved to tears
Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by armadeo(m): 9:03am On Jul 08, 2014
katordidi: i chose the case of keshi 2 emphasize my point, docs provide essential services they could mak do wit wat they 're recievin nw nd continue negotiations wit de govt. Its nt lyk they 're nt being paid. Medicine is nt 4 everybody sha its 4 dos wit compassion. Pls visit a govt hosp near u nd u'll be moved to tears

Do yiu think the strike is all about money??
Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by onyxo76(m): 9:12am On Jul 08, 2014
katordidi: i chose the case of keshi 2 emphasize my point, docs provide essential services they could mak do wit wat they 're recievin nw nd continue negotiations wit de govt. Its nt lyk they 're nt being paid. Medicine is nt 4 everybody sha its 4 dos wit compassion. Pls visit a govt hosp near u nd u'll be moved to tears
its a pity we don't have a listening Govt, do you think as a Doctor that i love to be on strike? has the Govt ever listened to any body and met any demands during negotiations? this strike is not even about money but other issues which i'm pretty sure you know about. As regards compassion i agree with you, however, being compassionate will not get anything for you in this country-sorry to say.
Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by katordidi(m): 9:44am On Jul 08, 2014
armadeo:

Do yiu think the strike is all about money??
yea, it always comes down to money somehow or most of it anyways
Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
ebosse:
That's no excuse. This is a matter of DEATH & LIFE we are talking about here. A doctor should be a person who wants to save lives @ all cause.Unfortunately it is different in Nigeria.. These days when I hear the word Nigerian doctors the first thought that comes in mind is Nigerian Politicians.. I had a lot of friends studying Medicine while I was still in Uni and 99% of them decided to Read medicine because of the Money involved not because they give a shvt about human lifes
This is Y ppl die a lot in hospitals these days because Doctors don't put out all they can give y trying to save patients.
I think the only way to seed out the weed in both the political and health sector is actually by reducing (Not increasing) drastically the amount earn by these ppl.Then the ppl who really care will stay on and fight for their course y the mediocres will search for the next highest-earning sector.
In that Case Sire,why didnt you;who gives a fvck about human Lives, go to medical School so you can be saving Lives?

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by armadeo(m): 4:35pm On Jul 08, 2014
katordidi: yea, it always comes down to money somehow or most of it anyways

this case isnt about money at all. read up on the issues and check the so called international practices. be unbiased.
Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by sisinaijayeye0: 4:39am On Jul 11, 2014
sisiafrika: stop d fantasy, wake up nd get dat male dog in ur compound. Ur free to devour its ass

@drlawizle. He calls himself a female, I laugh in German. If you sure say u get mouth die let us see your picture and see that you are a female. You ugly ass mutherfucka oponu oshi, ur life is compared to the lizard humping his same sex lizard in my backyard. Idiyat!
Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by Nobody: 2:40am On Jul 12, 2014
sisinaijayeye0:

@drlawizle. He calls himself a female, I laugh in German. If you sure say u get mouth die let us see your picture and see that you are a female. You ugly ass mutherfucka oponu oshi, ur life is compared to the lizard humping his same sex lizard in my backyard. Idiyat!

Kids will always be kids...
Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by sisinaijayeye0: 4:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
drlawizle:

Kids will always be kids...

U knw I was talking about Sisi afrika
Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2014
sisinaijayeye0:

U knw I was talking about Sisi afrika

Oh sorry...
Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by sisinaijayeye0: 10:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
drlawizle:

Oh sorry...

No p
Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 13, 2014
This is to inform you That we are having new developments from INDIA which enable us to CURE diseases like CANCER, DIABETES, OBESITY HIV/AIDS, ULCER, INFERTILITY, STROKE, HERAT PROBLEMS, ARTHRITIS and many more. 08062208326
www.solehealthcare.com
7b437400
Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 18, 2014
This is to say that health is good, you have to make you health strong before wealth
these produce i will talk about is
These mangosteen xanthones kill cancer cell, petoxifies the body, lower blood sugar, anti oxidant, fight aging, clean all sort of arthrietis.
Re: PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon by bunmit(m): 11:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
this is Nigeria my broda, how many profession has job satisfaction you are talking about, if true u r not after d rumenuration as u said, u shd u be able to make do with d so little u r provided with, is not that i m in support of the govt, but u dnt ve to vent d anger u ve towards d govt on d citizens dat d govt didnt care abt at all, you are only giving dem double punishment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

gjxh / We Must Get Rid Of Sniper Beans - Beans Farmers / A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.