Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:04 AM

Please Review This New Aqua Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Review This New Aqua Site (690 Views)

New: Get Paid As An Editor And Post Author In This New Blog. / Nairaland.com Clone / Aqua Marine Forums Beta Review [closed] / Nairaland.com Clone / Aqua Marine Forums Beta Review [Closed] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Review This New Aqua Site by oneperson: 5:26pm On Oct 07, 2008
Re: Please Review This New Aqua Site by smartsoft(m): 5:35pm On Oct 07, 2008
nice logo, but the name of the company you've written there, eeeeeeeeeeh e get as e bi and the links too
Re: Please Review This New Aqua Site by WebMonk(m): 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2008
1) The logo is nice, but frankly i think you can do without the bold  "pinnacle aquasystems ltd" you have there. seriously. the space it occupies can stay, though.

2) Every time i pass the cursor over a link, the entire page "shakes". This isn't easy on the eyes and gets tiring after a while.  simple hover states should suffice

3)The intro text should be the next thing after the logo and "pinnacle aquasystems" (which seems kind of repetitive). The flash at the left could be a simple plain text H1 tag (easier for one to know what your site is about and better for SEO ranking too.) The banner image could be split into smaller images than can be floated/aligned to the right.

4) the colour combination of the navigational links isn't the best. a solid blue like the one you have in the background is much better for a higher contrast.

5) the text expands after the first paragraph. not nice on the eyes. it should have a uniform width. that way extra content can go under the navigation.

6) Now that i look at it, the background does look very familiar (no vex)

7) Looked up your source code, you could export your javascript to an external file, just the same way you did for your css styles.

cool Lastly, when you're comfortable, you should move to DIV/CSS. you get cleaner code, reduce page size by over 60%, and makes your site more SEO friendly.

Hope all these help

Disclaimer: All advice given in good faith cheesy
Re: Please Review This New Aqua Site by yawatide(f): 6:16pm On Oct 07, 2008
smartsoft, u funny o  tongue

Layout to me is good.  Here are my 2 cents (I use nothing but Firefox by the way):

1) *All* your links are "jumping". By that I mean, when I hover over any link, including navigation, the page moves.

2) No form validation: clicking submit, I get "thanks for submitting". NO errors thrown whatsoever

3) Rather than do this:
<p class="small"><span class="small">a. Opportunities
                         in the fish industry<br>
                         b. The need for catfish to augment for the shortfall
                         in supply<br>

c. Pond selection and types of pond system.<br>
                         d. Cost implication in setting up and running a fish
                         farm<br>
                         e. Grow out management techniques. <br>
                         <br>
                         2. Fingerling Supply: With our state of the art hatchery
                         consisting of a recirculatory unit, our production output
                         has increased by 150%. Hatchery rate has improved immensely
                         because factors affecting the spawning process can now
                         be managed in a controlled environment.</span></p>
you should do this:
<ol>
<li type="a">sdadf</li>
<li type="a">dsff</li>
</ol>

4) Consider adding margins to your light blue headers.  In my opinion, the text inside them are hugging the background too tightly.

5) The photo gallery page is broken in firefox. Always test your code on at least FF and IE.

6) I visit FAQ and get 40 questions.  First, I think thatz too many.  Secondly, they are not clickable and I don't get to see any answers to those questions.

7) I think the header is cluttered with 2 logos (to me the gigantic "pinnacle" is a logo as it appears on all pages.  In fact the gigantic "pinnacle" is so large that it took me at least 5 mins. before I discovered the other smaller to the top left).
Re: Please Review This New Aqua Site by hanen(f): 9:26am On Oct 08, 2008
6) Now that i look at it, the background does look very familiar (no vex)

I concur with this. In fact, it reminds me too much of an argument on this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-167709.0.html

(1) (Reply)

Business Card Review For A Client / 5 Ways To Improve Your Adsense Earnings / Just Alternative Power - Revamped And Online, Reviews & Comments Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.