Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent (10540 Views)

When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? / Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education / If You Were Raised By Your Grand Parent, Oya Dedicate A Line To Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 08, 2014
STENON: Oh My wonderful Grandparnts!!.......Thou they are no more bt I still Love them....

Back to ur questn....at least once in 3 days to the extent that my Grandmum waited for me to come back frm sch, ate my food that night, woke me up very early the folloing day and started prayering for me.......And that wz the end....she died in my arms......
most people have experienced this at one time. Your grand mum loved u so much.

A neighbour had same experience some years ago. Her mother opened the door to their palor and when she came from shop, she wondered who opened the door and decided to close it. On getting there, her mother called her and started praying for her... Even told her that she shouldn't be taken to the hospital. The woman was confused... Well, long story short, she died a few hours later
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 08, 2014
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 08, 2014
Paternal grandma died in 1958
Paternal grandpa died in 1993
Maternal grandma died in 2011
Maternal grandpa died in 1997

So na who I wan call now?

?

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by nikkypearl(f): 7:51am On Jul 08, 2014
embarassed I don't even have their numbers
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 08, 2014
henryobinna: for them who have grannies embarassed
abi o. I didn't even see mine and sadly, my kids wont theirs. sad
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 08, 2014
ossaisly: It depends on how close one has been with them. These days many people don't even know theirs coz of the alleged wickedness in the village. sad But one the other hand, i prefer visiting them to calling.

It's so unfortunate that I belong to that category. She is above hundered. Lives in delta state. Never been to my village because of her. Make we live matter for matyrs........... cry

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by ijbeauty(f): 7:51am On Jul 08, 2014
Grandma left last week wednesdaycry cry cry

The only one alive, she slept in the Lord during her afternoon nap.....

Still missing you granny

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by livingstoneony(m): 7:51am On Jul 08, 2014
kennygee: I am so Guilty.

I used to call my grand ma every week before but then i lost her number, she calls me once in a while.
Even if i don't really speak my language, she enjoys the fact that i try to speak it with her and even teases me when i make a mistake.

I miss those days and i will definitely bring them back.
u dnt speak yuh language very well too?! $#!+ is embarrassing when somebody tries to communicate with yuh language and u just stare or respond in English.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by corruptboss(m): 7:52am On Jul 08, 2014
Its really been a while o... Language barrier affects us also. I'm not fluent in my dialect like dat.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by livingstoneony(m): 7:52am On Jul 08, 2014
ijbeauty: Grandma left last week
Kpele dear
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 08, 2014
nikkypearl: embarassed I don't even have their number
try to call them... We are will grow old too.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 08, 2014
livingstoneony: u dnt speak yuh language very well too?! $#!+ is embarrassing when somebody tries to communicate with yuh language and u just stare or respond in English.

Yeah it is, but i try when i speak it to her, i love it too.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by livingstoneony(m): 7:56am On Jul 08, 2014
kennygee:

Yeah it is, but i try when i speak it to her, i love it too.
there should be like a national grandparents day or something smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by angela98(f): 7:56am On Jul 08, 2014
I Dont call, but I often send messages to them through baba God. If I see anybody weh wan die soon, I go package some techno phones give the person make e give my grannies for yonder. cheesy so that we fit dey communicate regularly through phone and dem go also fit register for nairaland. grin

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by mekuzee1(m): 8:00am On Jul 08, 2014
Hmmmm......call khe....my grandmum is old...n can't even use a phone so hw do u xpect me 2 call her??
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by ijbeauty(f): 8:00am On Jul 08, 2014
livingstoneony: Kpele dear

Tnks dear
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Emusan(m): 8:02am On Jul 08, 2014
One thing that I always thank God for is that God allows me to know all my grandparents and God still kept their soul up till now.

But my grandma (mother side) took the lead over others because she's so wonderful and a god to me.

kai I can't stop loving and thinking of you IYA Deji.....cherish you more than any woman in the whole world.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by hardbody: 8:03am On Jul 08, 2014
I can't reach them. I never even met my grandpa. Presently, there is no network where they are staying so i cant call them, much as i would have loved to. Yes, full fathom five they lie.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Yoney007(f): 8:03am On Jul 08, 2014
I don't have any....Lost them before the invention of mobile phones cry
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by tellwisdom: 8:05am On Jul 08, 2014
Op you are a very foolish person...They don't call grandparents, they go to see them. OLODO sad
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Cecediva(f): 8:05am On Jul 08, 2014
I don't call them but i always visit them whenever am around
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by steffoode: 8:05am On Jul 08, 2014
u get mind oh, so u wnt me 2 call d spirit of my grandparents? Nyway lost dem many years ago may their soul rest in perfect peace
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by tellwisdom: 8:07am On Jul 08, 2014
ijbeauty: Grandma left last week wednesdaycry cry cry

The only one alive, she slept in the Lord during her afternoon nap.....

Still missing you granny

If everybody begin put pisure, you think sey here go reach us??
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by justi4jesu(f): 8:07am On Jul 08, 2014
They are no more cry cry cry
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by MabraO: 8:08am On Jul 08, 2014
Me everyday
At times wen I don't remember or too busy to call she calls me
U love my grandma die
She is my first wife cos she took care of me from birth till present
My mum na my second wife. I love them scatter
Any girl I marry gonna be my third wife
Cos she can never take d position of my grandma and mum never

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by shorexng: 8:08am On Jul 08, 2014
They are all dead.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by wanted(m): 8:11am On Jul 08, 2014
I don't call them. They are all dead. Four of them. RIP grannies
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by henryobinna(m): 8:12am On Jul 08, 2014
2sexi: abi o. I didn't even see mine and sadly, my kids wont theirs. sad
yea
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 08, 2014
They are dead.*unfollows thread*
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by wanted(m): 8:12am On Jul 08, 2014
MabraO: Me everyday
At times wen I don't remember or too busy to call she calls me
U love my grandma die
She is my first wife cos she took care of me from birth till present
My mum na my second wife. I love them scatter
[b]Any girl I marry gonna be my third wife

Cos she can never take d position of my grandma and mum never[/b]

You obviously are not ready to get married. y put wives of other men as 1st and 2nd?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Practical Approach To Dealing With Past Hurt And Mistakes / Describe Your Dad In Two Words. / "Marriage Is A Charity, You Pay For What Others Have Had For Free" -Nigerian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.