Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 (2807 Views)

Yahaya Bello's Posters As APC Governorship Candidate 2015 / PDP Opens Sale Of Presidential Forms To Tafawa Balewa's Son, And Others. / B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by topsyking: 1:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
Tafawa Balewa’s Son Joins 2015 Presidential Race

Dr Abdul Jelil, son of Nigeria’s late prime minister, Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, has declared his intention to run for the 2015 presidential election.

Although he is yet to disclose the political platform on which he intends to actualise his presidential ambition, Abdul Jelil noted that with the right political party, he is fully prepared to contest, adding that his interest in the presidential race was originally prompted by well-meaning elder statesmen across the geo-political zones of the country.

The medical doctor said having consulted widely, he is convinced that Nigerians have been yearning for a new leadership capable of fulfilling the high expectations and aspirations of the majority in Nigeria.

a United States of American-based medical doctor, is said to be in his 50s and described as highly cerebral.
Besides being cosmopolitan, Balewa’s mother was said to have hailed from the South West, while majority of his business associates are from the South East geopolitical zone.

He said he is prepared to take up the challenge because his entry into politics would add some values to Nigeria’s democracy given the finesse, candour and pragmatism he would be infusing into the system based on experiences.

The medical doctor noted that his closeness to President Goodluck Jonathan had also made his attempt to lead Nigeria more interesting as he would not consider the contest for the Nigeria’s presidential seat a do or die affair.

He described Jonathan as a pragmatic politician, who, according to him,

had always welcomed free and fair contest.

On the political platform he intended to contest, Jelili who said he would keep that under wrap for strategic reason affirmed, however, that at the nick of time, the political party that would offer him ticket would come clearly to intimate Nigerian about its agenda.

He said, “Some political parties have been talking to me alright. I

have more than two of the parties including the major ones showing

interest. It would be unfair for me to start dropping names, more so when consultations were still ongoing on the next line of action”.

He added that although he had spent most part of his life in the United States and Britain in quest for knowledge, he had been paying his dues in the local politics of Nigeria than what anyone could think off.

He said with his wealth of experience in politics he had in the past contributed to successes of some public office holders both at the state and federal levels.

On whether he had the financial muscle to withstand the pressure of presidential contest, Jelili who said he had never been a pauper insisted that he, at the same time had good Nigerians who would support him in all ramifications.

He said, “We place too much emphasis on money in this country and

that is why our politics appears repressed and clumsy. I have never

been a pauper, all the same we have people who are deeply committed to

my cause and ready to see me through.

“I am not going to let the cat out of the bag yet. I have my game

plans to beat this emphasis on huge money to buy votes. I am going to

do things differently and God will help me”.

Jelili said having the support of top politicians from Bauchi state where he hailed from was an indication that the home support had been useful in generating larger supports from relevant sections of the country.

http://www.punchng.com/news/2015-ill-run-for-presidency-says-balewas-son/
http://leadership.ng/news/377061/tafawa-balewas-son-joins-2015-presidential-race

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by topsyking: 1:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
sir, if you contest i will vote for you.. for one reason your father is well respected and you have both north and south west blood in your vein.. we the yoruba pple will vote for you and our brothers in the east too.. ojukwu will always be happy in his grave WHEN you win come 2015

3 Likes

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by Demdem(m): 1:09pm On Jul 07, 2014
Need to get more info about this guy. The business of booting out Jonathan by next year is a clarion call that all Nigerians must take serious.
Only fools who desire their entire household to be part of evil boko statistics won't see sense in this.

2 Likes

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by henrysam(m): 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
topsyking: sir, if you contest i will vote for you.. for one reason your father is well respected and you have both north and south west blood in your vein.. we the yoruba pple will vote for you and our brothers in the east too.. ojukwu will always be happy in his grave WHEN you win come 2015
Talk for yourself stop making general statement.

5 Likes

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by technophile(m): 1:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
Wake me up when a youth is contesting for the presidential election. All our elders have failed us, even the one that claimed he once had no shoe.

7 Likes

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by Mogidi: 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
I'm glad APC are at last seeing that the only place a 72yr old Buhari can win an outright victory is Sambisa local govt election.

3 Likes

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
All these silent supporters of Boko Haram that want to be president.
Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by topsyking: 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2014
henrysam:
Talk for yourself stop making general statement.

1 Like

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
Demdem: Need to get more info about this guy. The business of booting out Jonathan by next year is a clarion call that all Nigerians must take serious.
Only fools who desire their entire household to be part of evil boko statistics won't see sense in this.

[size=17pt] GEJ till 2019[/size].

6 Likes

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by topsyking: 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
quid:

[size=17pt] GEJ till 2019[/size].
my friend u go drink Gamma–Poisson last ni.. u will be surprise when the result comes out..

2 Likes

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
topsyking:
my friend u go drink Gamma–Poisson last ni.. u will be surprise when the result comes out..
na so CPC make noise before.. . . (wey make Buhari cry for public)

na so APC make noise for Ekiti . . .

diaris God uooo..

4 Likes

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by topsyking: 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
quid:
na so CPC make noise before.. . . (wey make Buhari cry for public)

na so APC make noise for Ekiti . . .

diaris God uooo..
my friend presidential election is different oo.. sey u get.. na do or die ooo...
make he sink inside ur skull grin
Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
topsyking:
my friend presidential election is different oo.. sey u get.. na do or die ooo...
make he sink inside ur skull grin
LOL
Buhari cried in public after contesting for PRESIDENCY under CPC

allah hu akbar

2 Likes

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by topsyking: 1:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
quid:
LOL
Buhari cried in public after contesting for PRESIDENCY under CPC

allah hu akbar
dont be deceived.. jonathan can never win 2015 election.. not after all what had happen in this country

2 Likes

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
topsyking:
dont be deceived.. jonathan can never win 2015 election.. not after all what had happen in this country
^^ All what had happened in this country was sponsored by Buhari, APC, IBB and all those who are behind Balewa's son.

The Northern muslim elite has LOST MORAL AUTHORITY. Go figure.

This is the year 2014, not 1961

3 Likes

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by K3bee(m): 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2014
BOMB sure , just step away pls :* grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
K3bee: BOMB sure , just step away pls :* grin grin grin
Yes, we worship allah by murdering thousands, while we seek crude oil money using Western education, which we condemn
Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by Jbenue: 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
For what reason What have you done so I should take notice apart from being shot out of the scrotum of a Tafawa Balewa angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by Ikengawo: 1:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
topsyking: sir, if you contest i will vote for you.. for one reason your father is well respected and you have both north and south west blood in your vein.. we the yoruba pple will vote for you and our brothers in the east too.. ojukwu will always be happy in his grave WHEN you win come 2015

alcohol at this time of the day?

2 Likes

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by Eyepencil: 1:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
RUBBISH!
Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by topsyking: 1:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
But lets be serious.. this man is the right man for the job.. if the north put this man up.. i will personally canvass vote for him in both the west and eastern part of the country.. he is not after money or power.. his father is from the north and Balewa’s mother was said to have hailed from the South West, while majority of his business associates are from the South East geopolitical zone. he is a detribalized man.. a true democrat.. the people's choice..
grin grin
Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by Ikengawo: 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
Why? because he father arrested Awolowo in their attempt to colonize the SW? Because he impregnated a yoruba woman his son should rule?
Why are you so desperate to submit your freedom?

2 Likes

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by yellowlord: 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
Demdem: Need to get more info about this guy. The business of booting out Jonathan by next year is a clarion call that all Nigerians must take serious.

This sick guy again
Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by cyril83(m): 2:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
Somebody should tell this foreigner not to waste his time and money, we don't need someone who spent all his life abroad and not understand how to tackle our corrupt system. Buhari as a grassroot politician, a disciplinarian, less corrupt would definately be the best candidate come 2015

2 Likes

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by maestroferddi: 2:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
These folks in Punch should find a better way to arrest their dwindling fortunes as one of the frontline dailies in Nigeria. Trying to sell papers by foisting/promoting a nonentity of a son of a not-so influential former prime minister is not smart if you ask me. BTW who told them that the core north would fold their arms again and allow another Yar' Adua fritter their chance of political consolidation. If the chap is angling for a ministerial slot, then there are better ways of doing that than this devious approach. Or better still, he should try out his hand in becoming the governor of Bauchi State and then take it from there. Let someone tell him that naija no send am...

2 Likes

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by topsyking: 4:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
maestroferddi: These folks in Punch should find a better way to arrest their dwindling fortunes as one of the frontline dailies in Nigeria. Trying to sell papers by foisting/promoting a nonentity of a son of a not-so influential former prime minister is not smart if you ask me. BTW who told them that the core north would fold their arms again and allow another Yar' Adua fritter their chance of political consolidation. If the chap is angling for a ministerial slot, then there are better ways of doing that than this devious approach. Or better still, he should try out his hand in becoming the governor of Bauchi State and then take it from there. Let someone tell him that naija no send am...
i see no sense in the rubbiish u just said....

2 Likes

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by maestroferddi: 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
topsyking:
i see no sense in the rubbiish u just said....
Pass.... Got no time for the confusion you appear to represent.

2 Likes

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by Randerl: 4:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
May We Not Repeat The Same Mistake Again.

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by pat077: 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
persin way no fit win local govt election too wan b president. Na wa Ooh!
Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
pat077: persin way no fit win local govt election too wan b president. Na wa Ooh!
He will simply campaign by bombing his followers in the name of all@h and moh@mmed (pbuh)

Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by doncaster(m): 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2014
you don't know anything about a presidential hopeful six months to the election. Have you heard his name before? Some of you behave worst than Jonathan I swear.
Re: CONFIRMED NEWS: Tafawa Balewa’s Son set to become >>>Presidential Candidate 2015 by topsyking: 11:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
doncaster: you don't know anything about a presidential hopeful six months to the election. Have you heard his name before? Some of you behave worst than Jonathan I swear.
i still dont get ur point grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graphic: Heartbreaking Pics From The War Between Israel & Palestine / Alledged Mourning In Abia As INEC Declare Ikpeazu Winner / Basketmouth Attacks PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.