Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Lesson Of Sincerity From Hurr Ibn Yazid In The Battle Of KAR'BALA. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lesson Of Sincerity From Hurr Ibn Yazid In The Battle Of KAR'BALA. (509 Views)

Beneficial Words From Ibn Qayyim / 14 Lessons For Humanity From The Tragedy Of Kar'bala / 15 Million Pilgrims At 2013 Arbaeen Commemoration In Kar'bala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lesson Of Sincerity From Hurr Ibn Yazid In The Battle Of KAR'BALA. by AlBaqir(m): 2:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
LESSON FROM HURR AT KAR'BALA.

His name is HURR b. Yazid, a respected commander of the Umayyad army, the first who confronted Imam Hussain (a.s) and forced him to halt at the plain of kar'bala.

On the 10th day of Muharram, Hurr himself was confronted by his own conscience and
feelings. A great conflict arose in his mind: he was forced to choose between either wetting his hands with the sacred blood of the grandson of the Prophet (saws) or giving up his rank, power and a bright career lying ahead of him. Hurr was promised of a mouth-watering post if he succeeded in halting Imam Hussain's caravan from reaching Kufa, Iraq.

His feelings ultimately won him over and
he choose the path of eternal life and salvation. He suddenly spurred his horse
towards Imam hussayn's camp, threw himself at Imam's feet and exclaimed:

"O SON OF THE PROPHET! HERE IS THE MAN WHO DID YOU GREAT INJUSTICE IN DETAINING YOU AT THIS PLACE AND CAUSING YOU SO MUCH TROUBLE.

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO FORGIVE A SINNER LIKE ME? BY GOD, I NEVER IMAGINED THAT THESE PEOPLE WOULD GO SO DEBASE TO SHED THE BLOOD OF THE GRANDSON OF THEIR PROPHET.

I ONLY THOUGHT THAT THEY...BUT NOW, WHEN ALL HOPES FOR PEACE ARE GONE, I CANNOT BUY HELL FOR THIS WORLDLY GAIN. FORGIVE MY MISTAKE AND ALLOW ME TO SACRIFICE MYSELF FOR YOU. ONLY BY DOING THIS CAN I REDEEM MYSELF IN THE EYES OF GOD FOR MY SIN AGAINST YOU"

Imam Hussain embraced Hurr and said: "What is your name, man?" He said "Hurr".

Then the Imam said: "YOU ARE INDEED AS FREE-BORN AND NOBLE(HURR) AS YOUR MOTHER NAMED YOU"

Hurr was among the first fighters to defend Imam Hussain (as). He fought gallantly but later fell to the oppressive arrow of the Banu Ummayyad led by Umar Ibn Sa'ad Ibn Abi Waqqas.

*From The Epic Story Of Kar'bala

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancy For Muslims / A Severe Warning To Those Who Wear The Clothes Of The Opposite Gender! / Maulid: Beautiful Qualities Of Prophet Muhammad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.