Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations (45721 Views)

Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community / Five Injured, 10 Vehicles Vandalized As PDP Thugs Attacks Ambode’s Campaign Team / Billboard War In Lagos As PDP Candidate Clips Campaign Advert With APC- Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by ENDTIMES: 8:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
When I hear these stories, I weep for Nigeria. Another 7 years have passed without Jonathan correcting the ills of this country.
A country where court judgments are secured based on how much you have, a country where an idiot is made a minister and he steals billions of naira without batting an eyelid and the masses are discussing his chances of being a governor of a state, with probably the 2nd or 3rd largest economy in the country.

Jonathan has really come and passed as another chapter in the inglorious history of leadership this country. Sorry Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by Giannakopoulos(f): 8:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
Tintinix: Rivers State Politics is very Straight forward and to the point.

1) Rivers State Governor is on the PDP platform.
2) Next Governor Cannot be Ikwerre.

Anyone who does not obey these two Guiding Principles is a loser.

How would your first point come to bear,know that about 85% of LG chairmen in Rivers are APC,90% of House of Assembly are APC,they have all the influence on their subjects,so think well,politics is power and money,and APC has it as it stands,don't forget the main aim of Amaechi isn't really the presidential elections,but his interest is really in the gubernatorial elections.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by breakeven: 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nemesis has caught up with him. This is just the beginning of his woes. He will soon be thrown out of the ministerial position.Instead of using his position to fight for polytechnic lecturers and their poor students, he is in fact the person working against them. The polytechnic student have been at home now for almost a year. do you think God will not fight for them?His weeping has just started. As long as he has refused to use his position to fight for the less privileged in the society their weeping God has transfered to him.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by Buballinspired: 8:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
grin shocked embarassed embarassed... Wike should be on Suicidal watch if the part of the story were he wept is actually true... I mean this... SUICIDE WATCH
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
River State is the only government in the world that operate "one" arm of government.

The legislature is under lock and key, the judiciary toogrin enabling him have autocratic powers over his subjects.

Wonder of a man isn't it?

As for Wike gubernatorial aspirations, I detest it and really don't support his person even when I'm sure whoever flies the PDP flag will surely win the election proper.
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by mubitechnology: 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
hmm let keep politics aside,i think the cry and pray of we poly student is catching up with wike, nw he is at the end of doing 2 zero, no minister or governatorial ambition,that is wat u get when u betray u boss. I pray the new coming in edu. Minister wil qiukly resolved Asup and Coesu crieses.
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by Busuyib(f): 8:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
And xo f*cking wat?! Y cnt he make d ASUP STRIKE his 1st assignment.
Mannylex: when I saw this post, I thought to myself, this must be a polytechnic student. Then I went through your topics, and yes I thought right. This man wasn't minister when u guys started your strike.

Have no fear; Mannylex is here
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by obinoral1179(m): 9:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
HopeAtHand: Wike accept our sympathy

The suspicion btw the Ikwerres and Okrikans made Wikes endorsement by the First Lady so suspect, It was technically impossible.

Wike should reconcile with Amaechi so Ikwerres could have one common voice and navigate 2015 for the sake of our collective destiny becos the Ijaws are gearing up to claim every single political position.
ameachi is not supporting anybody from ikewerre, he wants someone else to succeed him.
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by iphedahyor(m): 9:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
I was there,infact I was the one that gave him a bucket so to fill it with his tears.
......dumb Wike,that f.ool is too lousy.
....who made him the minister of education
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 07, 2014
super story episode 72
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by whytet01(m): 9:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
please the news is a rumor dnt believe it,i jux called my dad nw and he said ntn like that happen..media propaganda by d state apc,jona knws that is only wike that can challange d apc unless he jona want to loose riverz to apc.am a strong politician in rivers state youth body xo dnt argue with me. Thanx**
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by kabba7(m): 9:22pm On Jul 07, 2014
lakhadimar: Is Nyesom Wike not the minister of education? Shouldnt he be concerned about how to resolve the lingering polythecnic lecturers strike that has lasted for almost eleven months?

Is that a very important matter and is thAT urgent and will that bring cash to the pdp account .

1 Like

Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by jcflex(m): 9:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
this is serious
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by HopeAtHand: 9:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
Deltagiant: [/b]

There is even a more deadly plan for the Ikwerres as the new Orashi state will see 95% of the upland Igbo groups moved out of Rivers state and which by default reverts the Ikwerre (Igboid) to the pre Bayelsa minority status in Rivers state. A big dilemma as neither the Ijaws nor the ikwerres would want to relinquish their claims over PH. Consequently, GEJ and Patience went for the overkill to push for Orashi state.

Ive heard abt Orashi state but i do not think it would affect the status quo so much.

Ikwerre voting might is overwhelming, we poll 1.1 million out of the present 2.3million registered votes. After Ikwerres, the next relevant voting block are the Etches.

Ikwerres were cheated by Ijaws in Bayelsa who repeatedly faked their numerical strenght..All was revealed when bayelsa was carved out and we found the state to contain only 500,000 people...Ijaws are complete cheats

1 Like

Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by jackdaniels(m): 9:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
Wike is nw d sacrificial lamb is rivers politics.. He was too loud mouthed sha
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by HopeAtHand: 9:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
Deltagiant: [/b]

There is even a more deadly plan for the Ikwerres as the new Orashi state will see 95% of the upland Igbo groups moved out of Rivers state and which by default reverts the Ikwerre (Igboid) to the pre Bayelsa minority status in Rivers state. A big dilemma as neither the Ijaws nor the ikwerres would want to relinquish their claims over PH. Consequently, GEJ and Patience went for the overkill to push for Orashi state.
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by lucianohase(m): 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
jt2010: The battle of wits in the Rivers PDP has finally dealt a blow on the supervising Minister for Education, Nyeso Wike as he and his men wept uncontrollably on Tuesday night when the Minister broke the news that he has been asked to drop his governorship ambition by the powers that be.
According to Prince Chidi Weli the Spokesperson of RIVERS PROGRESSIVE FORUM, “it was not clear on what eventually led to this decision by the Presidency and the PDP to stop Chief Nyesome but unconfirmed reports from a source who was privy to the meeting said the internal crisis within the state chapter of the PDP was largely responsible for the Minister’s current woes.
Wike who was seen as the man responsible for the widening of gaps between the Presidency and the Rivers State Governor had hijacked the Party machinery from Gov. Amaechi who had trusted him with the political aspect of his government was shocked when the state Party Chairman, G.U. Ake was replaced by Felix Obuah who was never part of the Congress that voted Ake into office. It was alleged that Goround as he is popularly called had travelled out of the country two days before the Congress. But in what looks like a scene from Nollywood, Obuah, a close ally of Ake was the willing tool in the hands of Wike and Prince Uche Secondus to nail Amaechi at all cost.
It was gathered that Ake actually won the election but resumed duty at the State Party Secreariat without a Certificate of Return from the National Secreariat of the Party. That thud afforded these men the opportunity to append Obuah’s name on the Certificate which they presented in Court. Surprisingly, the Court refused to admit a video evidence of the Congress tendered by Ake’s counsel. INEC officials were not left out in this conspiracy.
At the end, Ake lost out to a man who did not even pick a nomination form and was not part of the Congress. As Ake lost, so did Amaechi.
The stage was then set for the frustration of Amaechi out of the Pary. Wike did not stop to show his disdain for his former boss and ally. He became the hatchet man for the job of pulling Anaechi down in defence of his new found boss, President Jonathan.
He was given a free hand to run the Ministry of Education, after the unceremonious exit of the Minister. Choice contracts were awarded to cronies and supporters even at tge expense of poor quality jobs. In some cases, it was alleged that the jobs were not executed but payments were made.
The failed attempt to impeach Amaechi also proved another opportunity for millions of naira to exchange hands. While the siege on Rivers state lasted with the alleged support of the First Lady, the President kept mum.
But Wike may have bitten more than he could chew when his crony, Obuah publicly announced Wike’s ambition to succeed Amaechi. Using the GDI, he hijacked the party structure while he trasversed the nooks and crannies of the state. He moved unchallenged until Elemchukwu Ogbowu dared him. Ogbowu said it was morally wrong for Wike, an Ikwerre man to succeed his kinsman, Amaechi. The former lawmaker said the proper thing was for power to shift to the Riverine people of Kalabari or to the Upland people of Ogoni.
That audacity to challenge Wike and Obuah incurred a suspension and later an expulsion hammer on Ogbowu and a few others with him. But Ogbowu was not done yet as he galvanised the support of those who were against the plot to enthrone Wike and together they petitioned the NWC of the PDP led by Adamu Muazu.
The pressure was on Wike to recall the men and drop his ambition, but as it is said, whom the gods want to kill, they first make mad; Wike would not bulge, rather he went ahead to sponsor his crony, Chukwuemeka Aaron to obtain a suspicious Court order restraining the PDP National from dissolving or changing the Rivers Exco led by Obuah. This was a move aimed at stopping the Party from changing the Exco during the forthcoming mini – convention of the party in July.
Unknown to Wike, that was his death nail as that action angered the Party leadership as well as the President.
Last week, he was asked to vacate the Order but he chose to ‘fight back’, more so when he had spent so much in pursuing his ambition.
Now, it is obvious that he would be dropped from the Federal Executive Council, having tendered his resignation notice; it is just enough reason for him and his foot soldiers to weep.
Our source also gathered that the meeting which lasted into the wee hours of the morning were brainstorming on how best to break the news to the public. The group agreed that a Press Statement would be issued claiming that the Minister never had any such ambition.
Prince Chidi Weli
Publicity Secretary, Rivers Progressive Forum If this is true,then too bad for wike! Its good to be fair,so i think it will be unfair for another ikwerri man to be governor after Amechi !

http://dailypost.ng/2014/07/06/wike-weeps-pdp-blocks-gubernatorial-aspirations/
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by emmykk(m): 9:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ameachi has gone too far for any1 to assumed he will return to PDP.

PDP believed that allowing another ikwerre in wike to be gov will give ameachi APC to fly high.since other ethnic group will gang up aganist the ikwerre candidate.

Just as obj cool off atiku by supporting yardua a fellow northern to atiku,rather than supporting any of the money bag niger-delta govs like odilli and ibori for president,so shall pres.jonathan goodluck use any candidate outside ikwerre to march Ameachi APC.

PDP always get it right.

1 Like

Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by dimobro(m): 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
That serves him right. He is an ungrateful fellow. The evil that people do now follow them while they are alive.
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by shanaka4u(m): 9:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
lobatan!!! On top all these aluta.indeed wat is 4 u cant b taken away 4m u and wat would b taken away cant b urs.food 4 thought. I dey laugh ooo
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by econity(m): 10:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
1United1:

Correction: Wike Is A Minister Of Toutery!
I beg to disagree. He is d honourable minister of re-election.

1 Like

Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by say4gunit(m): 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
Mama peace no go gree!
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by Joyfullyme: 10:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
When would they ever learn ?
All the negative news and projections about Wike on Nairaland have turned out to be false.
Anybody on ground in R/S clearly knows that Wike is the man to beat in the state.
Wike would win PDP primaries and go on to win the main election.
This is how dust was raised concerning Fayose and we all know how it played out.
Wike for Governor !
God bless Wike !

1 Like

Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by whytet01(m): 10:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
Joyfullyme: When would they ever learn ?
All the negative news and projections about Wike on Nairaland have turned out to be false.
Anybody on ground in R/S clearly knows that Wike is the man to beat in the state.
Wike would win PDP primaries and go on to win the main election.
This is how dust was raised concerning Fayose and we all know how it played out.
Wike for Governor !
God bless Wike !
MAY GOD BLESS 4 SPEAKING THE TRUTH DOES WHO DNT KNW WIKE OR EVEN KNW WHO IS WHO IN RIVERS POLITICS SHOULD WAIT AND SEE

2 Likes

Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by Elythron16zero4: 11:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
WHAT GOES ROUND TAKES TURNS
stinggy: Use & dump has always been the hallmark of 9ja politics. Dumb Wike should have known better, sore looser cheesy
THE EVIL THAT MEN DO LIVES IN THEIR SHADOWS.
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by vainfairy: 1:48am On Jul 08, 2014
ahaika23: To say Wike cried "uncontrollably" made me stop reading this trash. Dailypost, washing people since 1902. Lolzzz

& u'v been around since then, ryt Vampire!!
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by slyzy(m): 5:07am On Jul 08, 2014
Never outshine your master lest you will be seen in suspicion by ur new master
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by slyzy(m): 5:16am On Jul 08, 2014
Ojukwu once told Ken Sarowiwa "good morning" in response to his "good evening" greetings when he was incarserated by Abacha despite assisting the Nig soldiers during the civil war. Amaechi will now tell Wike "good morning" while Wike enjoys his gloomy hours.
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by Roozzaay(m): 5:39am On Jul 08, 2014
if na true, ahahakikiachumkikiahahahahinchichumkikiki dat one na laughing in Chinese grin grin grin grin grin dat one small, he go later weep blood yeye man, Federal Polytechnics don dey close reach one year nw
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by Teespice(f): 6:26am On Jul 08, 2014
lakhadimar: Is Nyesom Wike not the minister of education? Shouldnt he be concerned about how to resolve the lingering polythecnic lecturers strike that has lasted for almost eleven months?

I wonder myself.

It means that when it comes to politics, expect the unexpected.

I like the new turn of events. Hopefully this will teach him life lasting lessons.

Next time, he would set his priorities straight. Bad that he has lost on both counts.
Re: Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations by johnbosco97(m): 7:02am On Jul 08, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
adonis89: d pdp knows if wike should contest com 2015 de wuld loose bkos ikwerre can't hand over to ikwerre. ppl from other tribe wunt take it lightly. so fielding an ogoni man or kalabari man on d platform of pdp,de have a better chance

Stop fooling yourself. Ikwerre can hand over to Ikwerre bc they are the most populous together with other Igbo speaking tribes in Rivers. Other tribes can't do anything as long as the election is free and fair.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Campaigns For Atiku In Ekiti As Crowd Hail Him (Pictures) / Buhari Nominates Buratai, Olonisakin, Ibas, Abubakar, Usman As Ambassadors / Douye Diri Sworn In As Bayelsa Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.