Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health (2470 Views)

NJC Gives Osun Judge Second Query In Six Weeks / Aregbesola Gives Osun Residents One Week Ultimatum To Submit Illegal Guns / London Hospital Gives Rochas A Clean Bill Of Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt
Management Office gives Osun clean
bill of health
*Say’s it’ll introduce Osun’s Sukuk to other
parts of Nigeria…
Director General of the Debt Management Office
(DMO) Mr. Abraham Nwankwo
Contrary to persistent claims by the candidate of
the Peoples Democratic Party, Mr. Iyiola Omisore
who alleged that Osun’s government under
Governor Rauf Aregbesola is indebted to the tune
of over N350bn, the Debt Management Office
(DMO), in Abuja has said Osun’s debt profile is a
very sustainable one which is healthy for its
economic growth.

Dr. Abraham Nwankwo, who is the Director
General of the DMO in the Presidency disclosed
that the state is one of the best states in the
federation with public debt management,
describing the claims to heavy debt burden in
Osun as mere propaganda and hoax.
Fielding questions from newsmen at MicCom Golf
Hotel and Resorts, Ada, Osun State during a three
day retreat for members of the House Committee
on Aids, Loans and Debt Management, Dr.
Nwankwo declared that Osun State status is very
sustainable.
A former Head of Service under the Aregbesola
administration, Elder Segun Akinwusi, had equally
built and sustained his campaign for the
governorship seat on the claim that Osun
government owes over N350bn.
The state government had severally told the
world that only those ignorant of operations of the
financial world would agree that a bank can give
a state or individual loans more that its capacity
to pay both interest and the principal.
Nwankwo who did not give figure on the actual
debt figure of the state explained that the state
needed to be encouraged in term of management
of debt because it has not borrowed beyond its
capacity.
The DMO boss said that Osun State is one of the
states in the federation with good and stable
public debt management adding that his office
recognizes Osun State as the first state to take
Sukuk and “by our plan to encourage the
issuance of Sukuk in Nigeria because, we need to
diversify the instrument in the bond market.
“We want to make sure that all segments of the
society is captured in the bond market because
there are some groups of people or individuals
who do not want to participate in ordinary bond
because of interest.
“Our office, DMO and others are working hard to
introduce Sukuk in Nigeria. We are delighted that
Osun took the initiative and helped in introducing
it in Nigeria. So, by that, Osun is one of the best
states in public debt management.”
He also stated that the nation’s debt GDP ratio
has fallen from 22% to 13%.
He added that “our debt is sustainable because
GDP is much lower now. However, in spite of that,
government will continue to be very prudent,
conservative in its spending.”

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=175916

7 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by OmoLisabi(m): 4:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
Omikomi what is the next propaganda from your angle?

7 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by tit(f): 4:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
who ask you about loans?
you set question for yourself, why you no go know the answer?
When the real question come, all the Sabo and Salami you have cannot help you.
Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
Where's Evergreen123 aka Ngozi? I have opened a thread for you about Osun State. Your attention is needed here!

grin

2 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by justhelp(m): 5:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
berem: Where's Evergreen123 aka Ngozi? I have opened a thread for you about Osun State. Your attention is needed here!

grin
dont worry dear, they are looking for what to say and how to oppose your claim, soon they will soon be here hopeless People Deceive People

2 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nice one ! Waiting for those PDP mumu to hijack dis thread with an opposing opinion.

Even GEJ, Obanikoro, Omikomi cannot stop me from voting Aregbesola come August.

3 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by BABAKABIRU301(f): 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2014
BEREM THE apc REPORTER PLS WHERE IS THE PICTURE OF THE SPEAKER? .SILLY REPORT.
Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by stinggy(m): 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
BABAKABIRU301: BEREM THE apc REPORTER PLS WHERE IS THE PICTURE OF THE SPEAKER? .SILLY REPORT.
That one go dey google na, DIY man

2 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by mrjangaweed: 6:08pm On Jul 07, 2014
Neyoor: Nice one ! Waiting for those PDP mumu to hijack dis thread with an opposing opinion.

Even GEJ, Obanikoro, Omikomi cannot stop me from voting Aregbesola come August.

And you think your useless thumbprint represent the whole of osun state

2 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by justhelp(m): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
BABAKABIRU301: BEREM THE apc REPORTER PLS WHERE IS THE PICTURE OF THE SPEAKER? .SILLY REPORT.
i said it i knew they are coming, so, is that what you have to say? picture of the speaker is what you need not what he said, fool @ your age

4 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by justhelp(m): 7:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
mrjangaweed:

And you think your useless thumbprint represent the whole of osun state
so what do u hav to offer than to sit here on NL on the election day while he will be voting aragbe, 90% of osun voters prefer aragbe cos they can still remember the wasted seven years of PDP if u doubt me go to osun state and do your research i have done mine.

6 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by LeOstrich: 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
States like Akwa Ibom and Delta are creating wealth and redistributing it but in Osun aregberascak odenni is pounding his chest that he can borrow and repay.
Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
justhelp: i said it i knew they are coming, so, is that what you have to say? picture of the speaker is what you need not what he said, fool @ your age
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by LeOstrich: 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
Osun Defender?

Nonsense propaganda.

As at 30th June 2013 Osun owed $62,341,967.92 as external foreign debts.

Comparing this figure with a state like Delta which owes just $18,853,090.64 and a lot of projects on ground to show for it.

The internal loan debts to local banks is also not factored here since accessing foreign loans need the Federal Government as a guarantor.

There are also loans to contractors and recurrent debts in the form of owed salaries, pensions and allowances.

Osun is clearly in the red and don't think that the DG DMO will be issuing statements and figures on cue from the press.

Total hogwash! Osun is dead broke as the same AregbeRascal Odenni Rauf himself had complained bitterly about dwindling allocations arising from the central purse and at the same time demanded a review of the 2014 oil price benchmark.

Punch Newspaper APRIL 18, 2014 BY ADE ADESOMOJU:

40% reduction in Osun’s federal allocation unjustifiable – Aregbesola

Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State has described as unjustifiable a 40 per cent reduction in the federal allocation being received by the state since July 2013.
Aregbesola spoke in Lagos on Thursday during the launching of a book, ‘Yoruba Elites and Ethnic Politics in Nigeria: Obafemi Awolowo and Corporate Agency.’ The book was written by an associate professor at the University of California-Davies, Wale Adebanwi.
The governor said the reduction had no basis as the nation’s oil revenue did not fall.
He said, “If there is anything my state does not have now, it’s money. We are managing with 40 per cent reduction in our allocation from the Federal Government. It is not as if I even enjoy saying I depend on the federal allocation, but the truth is that there is no magic that I would have made to suddenly taken our state out of dependence on the federal allocation.

http://www.punchng.com/news/40-reduction-in-osuns-federal-allocation-unjustifiable-aregbesola/

2 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by LeOstrich: 7:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
The Rascal goes on ranting about oil pricing in the international market as if osun even contributed a drop...

Punch: “It is important for us to know that there is no justification for that 40 per cent reduction in our allocation. The price of crude oil has remained almost the same at $108 per barrel, and the benchmark, according to them, is $75 per barrel.”

The Ram then stated how he has been able to manage the coffers of the state via borrow-borrow

Punch: According to the governor, the state is now being forced to source for funds outside the federal allocation in order to meet its responsibilities of paying the entitlements of civil servants and retired workers.
He said, “So we are not close to the benchmark of $75 and yet since July of last year, there is a 40 per cent reduction in our allocation. What that translates to I will tell you.
“It means I have to get N5.4bn to augment salaries and pension from July to December; N5.4bn extra, outside allocation, to ensure that since civil servants who are still active and those who have retired are paid their entitlements.

The haramite then goes on to demand for more money from the federation purse on the excuse that ND oil is selling high in the int'l market
Punch: “What I receive from federation account is not sufficient to pay salaries.”

The goat then went further to display more wanton waste

Punch: The governor, who represented a former governor of Lagos State and National Leader of the APC at the event, Bola Tinubu, who was the chief presenter of the book, bought copies of the new book at N5m on behalf of the Osun State.
He bought copies of the book on behalf of himself with N500,000 and announced N2m for the launching of the book on behalf of Tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
LeOstrich: Osun Defender?
inasmuch as I have vowed to ignore peeps like you,I will quote and reply you because this is my thread.
This is not a propaganda because I watched it on TV today where the DMO boss was interviewed and he cleared the air on the baseless allegation by the corn eater Omisore.
If you wanna watch a repeat of the news,tune in to TVC by 10pm tonight.
angry

Please do not derail my thread!

5 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by LeOstrich: 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
berem: inasmuch as I have vowed to ignore peeps like you,I will quote and reply you because this is my thread.
This is not a propaganda because I watched it on TV today where the DMO boss was interviewed and he cleared the air on the baseless allegation by the corn eater Omisore.
If you wanna watch a repeat of the news,tune in to TVC by 10pm tonight.
angry

Please do not derail my thread!

stop spewing crap!

The DMO is not in any way authorized to declare the level of insolvency of any state. Only the CBN can stop any state from accessing any credit faccility in the money market as the CBN rightfully did in respect to blacklisting Imo State (A supporter of APC state) from further accessing loans.

BTW you are just regurgigating b.s. and expect everybody to take a huge tongue swipe.

5 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
LeOstrich:

stop spewing crap!

The DMO is not in any way authorized to declare the level of insolvency of any state. Only the CBN can stop any state from accessing any credit faccility in the money market as the CBN rightfully did in respect to blacklisting Imo State (A supporter of APC state) from further accessing loans.

BTW you are just regurgigating b.s. and expect everybody to take a huge tongue swipe.

Bullshit! I rather stick to what the DMO boss said that believe the nonsense you just wrote.

No more responses to you.

Ignore mode activated!

1 Like

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by LeOstrich: 7:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
berem: Please do not derail my thread!

by the way, how is what i posted in any form a derailment of "your thread"?

I am countering the nonsense with facts straight from your odenni rascal himself.

Just goes to show that you supporters of APC are beginning to believe the lies you spin and that you do not in any way imbibe any tenet of democratic discuss and debate.

5 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by LeOstrich: 8:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
berem:

Ignore mode activated!

Ignore this ....

Straight from the horse's ram's mouth

Odenni Rauf aregberascal himself:

According to the governor, the state is now being forced to source for funds outside the federal allocation in order to meet its responsibilities of paying the entitlements of civil servants and retired workers.[/b]
He said, “So we are not close to the benchmark of $75 and yet since July of last year, there is a 40 per cent reduction in our allocation. What that translates to I will tell you.
[b]“It means I have to get N5.4bn to augment salaries and pension from July to December; N5.4bn extra, outside allocation, to ensure that since civil servants who are still active and those who have retired are paid their entitlements.

http://www.punchng.com/news/40-reduction-in-osuns-federal-allocation-unjustifiable-aregbesola/

^^^And here's the sauce on this pasta quote above grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by fitzmayowa: 8:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
Aregbesola till 2022 2018...cheesy

1 Like

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by LeOstrich: 8:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
There you have it folks...

Things are so bad in Rauf's State of Osun that the O'Rice for Vote has been drastically reduced.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1523952_aregbe_jpeg62c942e409d68ead222e2968f127182e
Given that Rice is a major factor in SW politics, I dare say Rauf will surely have a hard time telling the electorate that the state is not broke grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by LeOstrich: 8:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
fitzmayowa: Aregbesola till 2022 2018...cheesy

Aregbesola till the Banks take possession of the State grin grin grin grin
Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by VICTORCIZA(m): 8:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
PROPAGANDA thread BBC by Apc chief propagandist herself.

5 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by VICTORCIZA(m): 8:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
i thought berem said she be ibo?
why is she showing so much interest in osun state and their election.
until you come out clean and tell US which local government you came from osun (because its obvious you are yoruba and you are a native of osun state )i personally won't take you serious!!!

4 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by VICTORCIZA(m): 8:18pm On Jul 07, 2014
LeOstrich: There you have it folks...

Things are so bad in Rauf's State of Osun that the O'Rice for Vote has been drastically reduced.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1523952_aregbe_jpeg62c942e409d68ead222e2968f127182e
Given that Rice is a major factor in SW politics, I dare say Rauf will surely have a hard time telling the electorate that the state is not broke grin grin grin
with that quantity of rice nobody will be able to convince me that osun state was not broke!!!
aregbe the fanatics were is our state money

4 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by LeOstrich: 8:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
VICTORCIZA: i thought berem said she be ibo?
until you come out clean and tell US which local government you came from osun (because its obvious you are yoruba and you are a native of osun state )i personally won't take you serious!!!

she is in the sexuality section w@nking on pictures of sexy ebony chics

grin grin grin grin

berem: Lord please make me a man when next I come to this world. Damn! Those asses..... (No homo intended.)

embarassed embarassed

https://www.nairaland.com/1800179/sexiest-black-women#24480453

4 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by Ahuitzotl: 8:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
Rubbish Propaganda....Try again..

3 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:41pm On Jul 07, 2014
Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
Victorciza, when has showing interest in a state become a determinant of where a person comes from? In your f00lish logic, is Ngozi is also from Osun State, because she is also interested?
I'm sure you don't know your claim of being an indigene of Benue State has been busted. I will always go to the thread on the new 18 states by Ayedun to laugh at your not being a good liar.

4 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by tomakint: 8:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
LeOstrich:

she is in the sexuality section w@nking on pictures of sexy ebony chics

grin grin grin grin
https://www.nairaland.com/1800179/sexiest-black-women#24480453
Kai Nairaland na wa grin grin LeOstrich you no go kill pesin grin grin I swear these APC he/she goats here are not smart at all grin grin

3 Likes

Re: CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health by VICTORCIZA(m): 9:09pm On Jul 07, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Victorciza, when has showing interest in a state become a determinant of where a person comes from? In your f00lish logic, is Ngozi is also from Osun State, because she is also interested?
I'm sure you don't know your claim of being an indigene of Benue State has been busted. I will always go to the thread on the new 18 states by Ayedun to laugh at your not being a good liar.
stupid you must be!!!
my elder brother married from there. its obvious you don't know how to read if not you should have seen were i wrote that!
i am done with you

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan And Other Delegates To Be Screened For Ebola In Washington- Obama / Boko Harams Abubakar Shekau NOT DEAD / Average Age Of World Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.