Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? (2370 Views)

FG Names Abuja Streets After Jonathan, Sambo, Atiku, 185 Others / Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Amaechi And Jonathan: What Caused The Rift ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Francis5: 4:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
So Jonathan represents the Niger Delta in the race for the presidency
But we have seen how the Ijaw nation have hijacked the words ''Niger Delta'', to the exclusion of others in the region such as Uhrobo, Itsekiri, Ibibio, Anang, Ikwerre, Igbo, etc.

Unsurprisingly, we also know that there is no love lost between the North, SW and Jonathan (and so by extension the Ijaw)
We have also seen how the Igbos are the backbone of Jonathan, politically speaking
Surprisingly, we have also seen how a few (yes, a few) shortsighted Ijaws speak disrespectfully of Igbos here in Nairaland

So I ask, what becomes of the Ijaw when Jonathan is gone? He might go in 2015 if the Igbos withdraw their support for him
And even if he stays up to 2019 with Igbo support, he must leave in 2019 as required by law.
So, after generating so many enemies for themselves, what becomes of the Ijaw politically after 2015 or 2019?

3 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Onlinebizexpert(m): 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
they will go back to days of no shoe

well i dont think the south easterners would leave them

on a lighter note

1 Like

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by tit(f): 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
They become kingmakers like the youruba and hundreds of other ethnic groups in Nigeria.
The Fula will continue to be perpetual alos-rans for the kingship.

And do not worry about we Ijaws. worry about yourself. who are you?
Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
The ijaws are a minority group,having GEJ as president is a great achievement for them,at least the minority group is now known,and put in the sand of time,which can be reference later.

2 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by atlwireles: 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
confused OP.

1 Like

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
what kinda question is this,what kinda thread is this?
Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Francis5: 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
tit: They become kingmakers like the youruba and hundreds of other ethnic groups in Nigeria.
The Fula will continue to be perpetual alos-rans for the kingship.

And do not worry about we Ijaws. worry about yourself. who are you?

King markers to whom? You are very laughable. Jonathan came by his own good luck. I doubt you Ijaws will have that luck next time. Who will be the king maker? Jonathan? He is very uncharismatic and does not motivate anyone, not even his fellow Ijaws. I am not voting in 2015 because I am not available to do so. But if I were, I will still vote for him despite his cluelessness. I would be doing so to spite the North and the Yoruba who for no reason think Nigeria belongs to them. Any Ijaw person antagonizing the Igbo at this time must be an hediot. Asari Dokubo knows better.

6 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Randerl: 4:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
Na To Unfriend Them.

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
Francis5: So Jonathan represents the Niger Delta in the race for the presidency
But we have seen how the Ijaw nation have hijacked the words ''Niger Delta'', to the exclusion of others in the region
We also know that there is no love lost between the North, SW and Jonathan (and so by extension Ijaw)
We have also seen how the Igbos are the backbone of Jonathan
We have also seen how a few (yes, a few) shortsighted Ijaws speak disrespectfully of Igbos here in Nairaland

So I ask, what becomes of the Ijaw when Jonathan is gone? He might go in 2015 if the Igbos withdraw their support for him
And even if he stays up to 2019 with Igbo support, he must leave in 2019.
So after generating so many enemies for themselves, what becomes of the Ijaw politically after 2015 or 2019?
So if Ibos support Jonathan he stays, but if they withdraw support, he loses?

Just one quick question : how is ibo support going to trump Hausa+Yoruba support of whichever candidate they settle upon?

1 Like

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by madamoringo(f): 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
They will go back to bossing the Ibos in the SE, since they have swapped minority status for the previous pseudo-majority status of the Ibos. The ibos are content to keep eating crumbs from Jona and keep singing GEJ till 200190. I would want something for my brothers and sisters in Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers too (in time, surely not a PDP thief like Akpabio) so they can go even ahead of Ibos who will find even less nerve to try to force them into a biafra, not like they could in the first place anyway.

5 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Francis5: 5:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: So if Ibos support Jonathan he stays, but if they withdraw support, he loses?

Just one quick question : how is ibo support going to trump Hausa+Yoruba support of whichever candidate they settle upon?

100% Igbos support Jonathan
In contrast, not all SW and North support the opposition candidate of APC. Many Nners and SWners also support Jonathan. For example, there now is a strong PDP presence in SW; see how Fayose trumped Fayemi. Ekiti is now for Jonathan. However, not all SS (example Edo and parts of Rivers) support Jonathan

All in all, remove SE and all Igbos in Nigeria (outside SE) and Jonathan would lose big.

4 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by mogentle(m): 5:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
@OP, they will surely become forgoten until another OBJ comes on board to give them a chance again. But I doubt that 'cos, they are ingrates and heavily clueless.

3 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by EmeeNaka: 5:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: So if Ibos support Jonathan he stays, but if they withdraw support, he loses?

First of all, if Igbos withdraw their support for GEJ,he will not contest.
Out of the three major ethnic groups that are in Nigeria,only Igbos are in full support of GEJ. SS + Middle belt zone cannot win election for GEJ. In fact, GEJ survival for this past four years is hinged on the unalloyed support of Igbos and just think of how GEJ will be in aso rock when Hausa-fulani, Yoruba and Igbos are completely against his rule. Such a situation can even lead to a bloody coup where he will be surely killed.

5 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by PrinceB1(m): 5:09pm On Jul 07, 2014
After Jonathan no more Nig. ;

2 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by atlwireles: 5:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
mogentle: @OP, they will surely become forgoten until another OBJ comes on board to give them a chance again. But I doubt that 'cos, they are ingrates and heavily clueless.

Look around and see who in Nigeria is an ingrate, your pathetic self and village or the ijaw nation. You are just another parasite, that contributes nothing to the country than loud noise loaded with blood.
Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by atlwireles: 5:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
EmeeNaka: First of all, if Igbos withdraw their support for GEJ,he will not contest.
Out of the three major ethnic groups that are in Nigeria,only Igbos are in full support of GEJ. SS + Middle belt zone cannot win election for GEJ. In fact, GEJ survival for this past four years is hinged on the unalloyed support of Igbos and just think of how GEJ will be in aso rock when Hausa-fulani, Yoruba and Igbos are completely against his rule. Such a situation can even lead to a bloody coup where he will be surely killed.

Look for a long rope and hang your miserable self.
Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by GPA5: 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
WHY ALWAYS THE IBO? IF NOT YORUBA, IT WILL BE HAUSA. NOW IT'S IJAW.

#WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF IBO TO NIGERIA?

2 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by EmeeNaka: 5:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
atlwireles:

Look around and see who in Nigeria is an ingrate, your pathetic self and village or the ijaw nation. You are just another parasite, that contributes nothing to the country than loud noise loaded with blood.
Nigeria was not created bearing Ijaws in mind.Nigeria belongs to Igbos,Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba. The oil or anything in Ijawland belongs to Igbo,Hausa-fulani and Yorubas. Ijaws cannot give what they dont have. Ijaws are ingrate because they do not recongise that they are like eggs which can be broken at will. By the way,Russians expelled certain stubborn minorites from Russia and if care is not taken,Ijaws will not escape such treatment.

1 Like

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
Francis5:

In contrast, not all SW and North support the opposition candidate of APC. Many Nners and SWners also support Jonathan. For example, there now is a strong PDP presence in SW; see how Fayose trumped Fayemi. Ekiti is now for Jonathan. However, not all SS (example Edo and parts of Rivers) support Jonathan

All in all, remove SE and all Igbos in Nigeria (outside SE) and Jonathan would lose big.
So, if that's the case ( and I believe you're right) why are the Ibos taking the glory as if they are the only ones ensuring that GEJ becomes President?

PS: Ekiti is not PDP. They voted AGAINST Fayemi not for PDP.

2 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by madamoringo(f): 5:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
EmeeNaka: First of all, if Igbos withdraw their support for GEJ,he will not contest.

Well, you can have your goodluck to yourself, I don't give a damn! Let Ibos keep him after 2019 as their Ojukwu, it is none of my business and most Nigerians could care less if he caught a bullet in the process!

4 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Francis5: 5:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
madamoringo:

Well, you can have your goodluck to yourself, I don't give a damn! Let Ibos keep him after 2019 as their Ojukwu, it is none of my business and most Nigerians could care less if he caught a bullet in the process!

It must be difficult being a Yoruba at this time in Nigeria's history. What self-inflicted situation you gat there.

3 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Francis5: 5:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: So, if that's the case ( and I believe you're right) why are the Ibos taking the glory as if they are the only ones ensuring that GEJ becomes President?

PS: Ekiti is not PDP. They vote AGAINST Fayemi not for PDP.

1 Like

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by EmeeNaka: 5:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
madamoringo:

GEJ is a good man. what else do Nigeria need? A Jihadist?

1 Like

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by stinggy(m): 5:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
After GEJ, they'll journey for centuries in oblivion
Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by oduastates: 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2014
Francis5:

King markers to whom? You are very laughable. Jonathan came by his own good luck. I doubt you Ijaws will have that luck next time. Who will be the king maker? Jonathan? He is very uncharismatic and does not motivate anyone, not even his fellow Ijaws. I am not voting in 2015 because I am not available to do so. But if I were, I will still vote for him despite his cluelessness. I would be doing so to spite the North and the Yoruba who for no reason think Nigeria belongs to them. Any Ijaw person antagonizing the Igbo at this time must be an hediot. Asari Dokubo knows better.
Spite whom and who thinks nigeria belongs to whom?
Who are the power hungry ones?
The people who executed the first/second coup or the people who stay in their own corner and have been clamouring for a return to regionalism or outright partition.
Your selective amnesia does not hide the truth.
The Nigeria of today is exactly in the image of the Igbos and Fulani as they wanted it in the 60's.
And their votes at the centre as always been for the retarded conservative forces in the country.
The two are the ones who desperate need nigeria to remain as it is.
This is the scores.

1 tafawa balewa/Azikwe (the 10% contract bribe and the despotic jailing of the opposition started under him)
2 shehu Shagari /Ekweme(absolutely corrupt and inept government)
3Bashir tofa(was not inaugurated but is nothing but an exact replica of jonathan and Shagari;absolutely clueless )
4obasanjo/atiku(saddled the country with Shagari , jonathan and yaradua)
5crookluck (keep supporting the most corrupt and inept government in the nations history . First term excused because of the thought that his port harcourt degree PHD mattered.

Spite whom?
You spite yourself.
Jonathan's government is so northern and feudal that departmental /luxury stores in central London put up displays signs,displays and notices in Hausa language so that They can spend their looted funds comfortably.
Educated but absolutely clueless.

7 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Ikengawo: 6:22pm On Jul 07, 2014
Francis5:

if you think the people in edo and rivers don't support GEJ you're tripping.

2 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Francis5: 6:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ikengawo:

if you think the people in edo and rivers don't support GEJ you're tripping.

I said some, not all. Read before you respond.

2 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Francis5: 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
oduastates:
Spite whom and who thinks nigeria belongs to whom?
Who are the power hungry ones?
The people who executed the first/second coup or the people who stay in their own corner and have been clamouring for a return to regionalism or outright partition.

The average Igbo man wants to leave Nigeria. No other average Nigerian wants to, not even Yoruba. I said average because I KNOW THE NIGERIAN POLITICAL ELITES ARE IN THE SAME BOAT, IRRESPECTIVE OF ETHNICITY. SO THEY DO NOT COUNT HERE.

2 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by JANK23H(m): 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
Now I understand why the Yorubas are consistently antagonising the Igbos.What a stupid question.Let it be known to you OP that the interest of the Ijaw man is in the Ijaw nation & our ultimate desire to control our resources & our future.I'll advice you go study your history about the Ijaws before the creation of Nigeria and how we sold your ancestors as slaves in Bonny & Brass.
Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by reedonne: 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ijaw may be minority but they are big enough to do anything if they are unite and know how to play politics. Fulani is also a minority group but they are the most powerful group(or produced the highest number of president while hausa is yet to produce one) in Nigeria, Ijaw population is more than half of Ibo's population so why are you so concerned about them, if Igbo's can take care of themself, Ijaws too can.
Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Ikengawo: 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
Francis5:

I said some, not all. Read before you respond.

i read, you have an assumption that he has a greater portion of Igbo votes than he has Rivers (who are igbo) and Edo votes. This isn't factual

1 Like

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Francis5: 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
JANK23H: Now I understand why the Yorubas are consistently antagonising the Igbos.What a stupid question.Let it be known to you OP that the interest of the Ijaw man is in the Ijaw nation & our ultimate desire to control our resources & our future.I'll advice you go study your history about the Ijaws before the creation of Nigeria and how we sold your ancestors as slaves in Bonny & Brass.

You should be more concerned about how the next Northern president will finish what Obasanjo started in Odi and other Ijaw towns. As for slave trade, Jaja an ordinary Igbo man ruled over you and sold y'all into slavery. When the oil finishes and/or when you do not have any strong market for it any longer (for example, the US has already weaned itself of Naija oil), you will have to eat the oil-polluted soil. You Ijaw have no SINGLE notable human resource in Nigeria.

For now, despite you being in charge of government, most of the oil in Ijawland is owned by Northerners. What are you doing about that? I dey laff in Sagbama language.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AIT Is Saying That APC Leading Is False / BOKO HARAM: Gov. Shettima Reveals Location Of Chibok Girls / Xenophobic Attack Should Be Directed At Nigerians - S.A Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.