Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,290 members, 7,811,867 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? (2365 Views)

FG Names Abuja Streets After Jonathan, Sambo, Atiku, 185 Others / Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Amaechi And Jonathan: What Caused The Rift ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Francis5: 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ikengawo:

i read, you have an assumption that he has a greater portion of Igbo votes than he has Rivers (who are igbo) and Edo votes. This isn't factual

He has nearly 100% support in all 5 SE states. Where else other than in SS (minus Rivers and Edo) does he have that?
Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by EmeeNaka: 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
reedonne: Ijaw may be minority but they are big enough to do anything if they are unite and know how to play politics. Fulani is also a minority group but they are the most powerful group(or produced the highest number of president while hausa is yet to produce one) in Nigeria, Ijaw population is more than half of Ibo's population so why are you so concerned about them, if Igbo's can take care of themself, Ijaws too can.
Ijaw people are less than 4million in population. Do you mean Igbos are about 8million in population?
Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by JANK23H(m): 6:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
@Francis5 No notable human resource?You don't know about the Ijaws so I'll excuse your ignorance.You seem to confuse the Ijaws of the 60s for the ones in the 21st century my friend.We have shed our non-chalance and have taken our destiny in our hands.Jonathan's presidency is just a bonus,we hold more power than you think.
Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
Yomieluv: The ijaws are a minority group,having GEJ as president is a great achievement for them,at least the minority group is now known,and put in the sand of time,which can be reference later.
who are you to tell what is achievement for the ijaw? Has d Presidency been part of our struggle? Has SNC been convoked? Have we got our resource control yet? True federalism? East-West road?

Ijaws are not shortsighted like your tribe my friend. Jonathan's interest is for Jonathan and D Pdp...Ijaws interest is 4 d Ijaw nation.

U igbos dat are running your mouth, after Jona's tenure he will return to Otuoke. Our struggles continue!

Dvmbfucks

2 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
barcanista: who are you to tell what is achievement for the ijaw? Has d Presidency been part of our struggle? Has SNC been convoked? Have we got our resource control yet? True federalism? East-West road?

Ijaws are not shortsighted like your tribe my friend. Jonathan's interest is for Jonathan and D Pdp...Ijaws interest is 4 d Ijaw nation.

U igbos dat are running your mouth, after Jona's tenure he will return to Otuoke. Our struggles continue!

Dvmbfucks
have you taken your medications today? Dumba55!

2 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Francis5: 7:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
JANK23H: @Francis5 No notable human resource?You don't know about the Ijaws so I'll excuse your ignorance.You seem to confuse the Ijaws of the 60s for the ones in the 21st century my friend.We have shed our non-chalance and have taken our destiny in our hands.Jonathan's presidency is just a bonus,we hold more power than you think.

If you mention one notable Ijaw in any field of human endevour, I will mention 100 Igbos in that same field and that is even after correcting for population difference. In terms of human resources, without Igbos and Yorubas, Nigeria will be a local cave, even with the oil. Urhobo is even more useful than Ijaw in terms of human resource.

Jonathan is the highest and smartest Ijaw man in Nigeria today and we have seen how clueless he is. I still love and would vote for him because I love fairplay and justicegrin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
Yomieluv: have you taken your medications today? Dumba55!
no, I handed it over to your deranged fada
Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
Francis5:

If you mention one notable Ijaw in any field of human endevour, I will mention 100 Igbos in that same field and that is even after correcting for population difference. In terms of human resources, without Igbos and Yorubas, Nigeria will be a local cave, even with the oil. Urhobo is even more useful than Ijaw in terms of human resource.
yes...all the kidnappers, ritualists, drug peddlers, canibals, 419 kingpins etc...

Malaysia
Singapore
China etc are hanging your kinsmen daily

1 Like

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
barcanista: no, I handed it over to your deranged fada
to give it to your whorelike mum.
Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Francis5: 7:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
barcanista: yes...all the kidnappers, ritualists, drug peddlers, canibals, 419 kingpins etc...

Malaysia
Singapore
China etc are hanging your kinsmen daily

Kidnapping and terrorism was introduced by Ijaws, remember? Despite all the bad Igbos out there, if you count one Ijaw who ever made Nigeria proud, I will count 100 Igbos who did better. Remember Alams the Ijaw King and his diguise-like-a-woman escape from UK grin grin

Have you seen the entrance cut off mark given to Bayelsa and Rivers by the Nigerian Education ministry? Compare it to that given to the Igbo States.

5 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by EmeeNaka: 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
Francis5:

Kidnapping and terrorism was introduced by Ijaws, remember? Despite all the bad Igbos out there, if you count one Ijaw who ever made Nigeria proud, I will count 100 Igbos who did better. Remember Alams the Ijaw King and his diguise-like-a-woman escape from UK grin grin

Have you seen the entrance cut off mark given to Bayelsa and Rivers by the Nigerian Education ministry? Compare it to that given to the Igbo States.
stop comparing Ijaws to Igbos. you can compare Ijaws to other minorities.

2 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Francis5: 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
EmeeNaka: stop comparing Ijaws to Igbos. you can compare Ijaws to other minorities.

I am just having fun indulging the little fellow. Deep in his mind he knows he does not match.

2 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
Francis5:

ijaw kidnapped oil workers and later politicians relatives 4 ransome...

Igbos kidnapp own relatives, mother, father, husband, wife, kids etc for both ransome and ritualist purpose...

Alams was arrested, impeached by the IJAW lawmakers and convicted..the ijaws never went on protest.

Stella was indicted and instead of allowing 4 prosecution you shameless peeps wenr abt on solidarity protest, honoring her in ur churches and giving her titles.

1 Like

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Francis5: 7:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
NATIONAL COMMON ENTRANCE CUT OFF MARK...THE INJUSTICE STILL ON:
Abia - Male(130) Female(130)
Adamawa - Male(62) Female(62)
Akwa-Ibom - Male(123) Female(123)
Anambra - Male(139) Female(139)[
Bauchi - Male(35) Female(35)
Bayelsa - Male(72) Female(72)
Benue - Male(111) Female(111)
Borno - Male(45) Female(45)
Cross-Rivers - Male(97) Female(97)
Delta - Male(131) Female(131)
Ebonyi - Male(112) Female(112)
Edo - Male(127) Female(127)
Ekiti - Male(119) Female(119)
Enugu - Male(134) Female(134)
Gombe - Male(58) Female(58)
Imo - Male(138) Female(138)
Jigawa - Male(44) Female(44)
Kaduna - Male(91) Female (91)
Kano - Male(67) Female(67)
Kastina - Male(60) Female(60)
Kebbi - Male(9) Female(20)
Kogi - Male(119) Female(119)
Kwara - Male(123) Female(123)
Lagos - Male(133) Female(133)
Nassarawa - Male(58) Female(58)
Niger - Male(93) Female(93)
Ogun - Male(131) Female(131)
Ondo - Male(126) Female(126)
Osun - Male(127) Female(127)
Oyo - Male(127) Female(127)
Plateau - Male(97) Female(97)
Rivers - Male(118) Female(118)
Sokoto - Male(9) Female(13)
Taraba - Male(3) Female(11)
Yobe - Male(2) Female(27)
Zamfara - Male(4) Female(2)
FCT Abuja - Male(90) Female(90)..
Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Francis5: 7:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
^^^^^^

Bayelsa, the bastion of Ijaw nation very well compares with northern states in terms of development of human resources. Low-brained ogogoro drinkers and shoe-less fishermen. But I will still vote for Jonathan grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by atlwireles: 7:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
EmeeNaka: Nigeria was not created bearing Ijaws in mind.Nigeria belongs to Igbos,Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba. The oil or anything in Ijawland belongs to Igbo,Hausa-fulani and Yorubas. Ijaws cannot give what they dont have. Ijaws are ingrate because they do not recongise that they are like eggs which can be broken at will. By the way,Russians expelled certain stubborn minorites from Russia and if care is not taken,Ijaws will not escape such treatment.

What a lowlife.
Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
barcanista: ijaw kidnapped oil workers and later politicians relatives 4 ransome...

Igbos kidnapp own relatives, mother, father, husband, wife, kids etc for both ransome and ritualist purpose...

Alams was arrested, impeached by the IJAW lawmakers and convicted..the ijaws never went on protest.

Stella was indicted and instead of allowing 4 prosecution you shameless peeps wenr abt on solidarity protest, honoring her in ur churches and giving her titles.

I keep telling your ddumb brain; You are not smart,for a penny. You think your Ijaw can stand up to any minority group in south south talk more of the mighty Igbo......You are not doing nothing but creating enemies for Ijaw people.
Look at Ijaw,they are the poorest in south south and the war you are yearning for hasn't even started.....hahahaha,what a ddumb ffuck.

2 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2014
Francis5:

Osisikanku from Anambra State is a household name in kidnapping business.
Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

I keep telling your ddumb brain; You are not smart,for a penny. You think your Ijaw can stand up to any minority group in south south talk more of the mighty Igbo......You are not doing nothing but creating enemies for Ijaw people.
Look at Ijaw,they are the poorest in south south and the war you are yearning for hasn't even started.....hahahaha,what a ddumb ffuck.
Igbo mighty my yansh. You are mighty yet you are nothing in Nigeria. You are the only tribe that still cry of being marginalized. You are the only mighty tribe that won't rule Nigeria in the nearest future. Once again, Igbo mighty my yansh.

5 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Francis5: 9:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Igbo mighty my yansh. You are mighty yet you are nothing in Nigeria. You are the only tribe that still cry of being marginalized. You are the only mighty tribe that won't rule Nigeria in the nearest future. Once again, Igbo mighty my yansh.

Big, fat lie. Make I post Yoruba cry for marginalization? You are the new cry babies in the house

1 Like

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Francis5: 9:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Osisikanku from Anambra State is a household name in kidnapping business.

Yeah! Gbomogbomo is an Igbo word, I know

4 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
Francis5:

Yeah! Gbomogbomo is an Igbo word, I know
Gbagba gbagba is a Yoruba coinage for kidnapping of elderly people in Alaigbo.
Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Francis5: 9:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Gbagba gbagba is a Yoruba coinage for kidnapping of elderly people in Alaigbo.

Soka Forest and Ogun home of ritualists are based in The UK as well.

2 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
Una never see anything yet o, After Jonathan rule finish 2019, na Urhobo man go be president... Nobody get d country and nobody be minority, who nor like am make e go die... cheesy cheesy cheesy, na Joke i dey o

2 Likes

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by kel4soft: 11:24pm On Jul 07, 2014
EmeeNaka: GEJ is a good man. what else do Nigeria need? A Jihadist?

GOOD MAN?
Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by kel4soft: 11:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ikengawo:

i read, you have an assumption that he has a greater portion of Igbo votes than he has Rivers (who are igbo) and Edo votes. This isn't factual

Hey not all Rivers like GEJ including his state Bayelsa
Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by kel4soft: 11:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
Thank you OP for bringing up this topic. The greatest mistake we made as a people (Ijaw) was accepting the vice President slot in 2007 during the ND crisis.
As a coastal boy growing up in PH, I never thought a day will come when a Rivers man will put money in place of his people. A typical Rivers man is contended and we don't go extra mile for riches unlike other climes. We agitated for so many things during the ND crisis and I will tell you the boys crippled the govt instead of issues raised to be address, we were giving the Vice President slot which to me was not necessarily. Tell me what we have achieved as a people in our region?

N/B: Niger Delta struggle is far bigger than PDP and APC .

The Igbos love this government because it suits them (corruption).

1 Like

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Francis5: 2:39am On Jul 08, 2014
kel4soft: Thank you OP for bringing up this topic. The greatest mistake we made as a people (Ijaw) was accepting the vice President slot in 2007 during the ND crisis.
As a coastal boy growing up in PH, I never thought a day will come when a Rivers man will put money in place of his people. A typical Rivers man is contended and we don't go extra mile for riches unlike other climes. We agitated for so many things during the ND crisis and I will tell you the boys crippled the govt instead of issues raised to be address, we were giving the Vice President slot which to me was not necessarily. Tell me what we have achieved as a people in our region?

N/B: Niger Delta struggle is far bigger than PDP and APC .

The Igbos love this government because it suits them (corruption).

Nwike and Alams are Igbos. Even former Bayelsa gov. Silvia is also Igbo.

1 Like

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by kel4soft: 3:09am On Jul 08, 2014
Francis5:

Nwike and Alams are Igbos. Even former Bayelsa gov. Silvia is also Igbo.

The above you mentioned bar Wike are not serving in this govt. Stella Odua and Alison married to an Igbo man comes to mind.

Ezeife jumps around Aso Rock, you want to know why?
Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by Francis5: 3:51am On Jul 08, 2014
kel4soft:

The above you mentioned bar Wike are not serving in this govt. Stella Odua and Alison married to an Igbo man comes to mind.

Ezeife jumps around Aso Rock, you want to know why?

Alison is Ijaw and represents Bayelsa in this govt. The pres and his fat wife are Ijaws

1 Like

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by EasternLeopard: 6:18am On Jul 08, 2014
Gowon is an Angas man

Despite being a former president, most people do not know a tribe called Angas exist.

Which might be the reason why Gowon is still holding tenaciously to his illusion of One North. Even claiming that fulani herdsmen are not the ones killing people because they are small boys.

After GEJ if the Ijaws antagonizes the Igbos who see them as brothers, I believe they will go into political oblivion just like the Angas. And it won't do them any good to return to militancy when they can unite with others to get their rights without resulting to armed struggle.

1 Like

Re: After Jonathan, What Next For The Ijaw? by BrosPeter: 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

@bbcafrica Changes Gear Again,now Reports "NA Kills 70 Boko Haram Members." / The World's All-time Most Corrupt Leaders::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / Cracks As 7 Govs Shun Apc Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.