Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Anglicans, Let's Talk - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anglicans, Let's Talk (2728 Views)

Anglicans Give GEJ 'Award Of Excellence In Christian Stewardship' / Catholics v Anglicans In Igboland: setting a bad precedence / Traditional Anglicans Welcome Vatican Announcement With Joy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anglicans, Let's Talk by dgreatrock(m): 12:40am On Oct 08, 2008
despite the problems/ challenges facing the anglican communion world-wide, i am not ashamed to say i am an anglican. i believe it is one of the churches the Lord will use to usher in the last wave of revival that will precede the Lord's coming. how do we tackle the gay problem?
how do we stop the heavy migration to the new generation churches?
how can we make the church a better place?
please let us reason together here. God bless you
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by Omenuko(m): 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2008
i believe it is one of the churches the Lord will use to usher in the last wave of revival that will precede the Lord's coming.

Hello dgreatrock,

I'm not Anglican, but I have many friends who are, just wanted to contribute towards the thread you started.  What do you mean by the above statement?  What are some of the tell tell signs that lend towards this thought process.  I'm not trying to offend or anything, I'm just curious.

I have been following the goings on within the Anglican church and it doesn't look pretty.  I pray that peace and unity may be restored.  I am hearing talks of the communion splitting.  My question, what does it mean for the Anglican Communion to split.  I thought the communion was already a loose grouping of similar churches that don't hold everything in common.  In essence, I thought there was already a doctrinal split within the Communion.  What difference would it make for them to schism from one another formally?  Also, what are the disagreements between the two (or multiple) sides. . . .if you don't mind.   

What do you mean by 'new generation churches'?  I'm Catholic and am not familiar with a lot of the teachings of these 'new generation churches'.  What makes them bad or good?  What are some of the reasons people are leaving the Anglican Church?
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:09pm On Oct 08, 2008
Sorry oh me I am not an Anglican and I do feel for you guys breaking up, but what was the real reason for the break up is it that homosexuality thing again.
Someone showed me something interesting in the bible about it, what the bible condems is the act of male homosexual sex, not homosexuality and not even lesbianism, why the beef?
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by plusQueen: 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Sorry oh me I am not an Anglican and I do feel for you guys breaking up, but what was the real reason for the break up is it that homosexuality thing again.
Someone showed me something interesting in the bible about it, what the bible condems is the act of male homosexual sex, not homosexuality and not even lesbianism, why the beef?

bunch of bull!
The Bible neither said anything about sleeping with grizzly bears and puff adders
there you go

*rolls eyes*
Have you read about God making a woman for a woman?
Have you heard of him making a man for a woman and making them one?
people and splitting hairs
go ahead
snort a cocaine line
The Bible did not mention cocaine either

*seriously rolling eyes*
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by morpheus24: 6:20pm On Oct 08, 2008
You should be ashamed of calling yourself an Anglican being that the connotation for the word is Church for Anglos or English people. Are you from England , abi did your forefather form the church.

Please what do you mean by ushering in any revival. When the anglican breakaway was formed as a result of King Henry wanting to divorce and remarry and the Catholic church at that time did not condone such act or the breakways that followed because the church ws taxing the hell out of people at that time.

Where is the divine calling in that?
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by plusQueen: 6:24pm On Oct 08, 2008
Thank God the Anglicans and Lutherans knew to leave the Roman Church who  were beginning to sell keys to the kingdom of God.
and offer salvation for a fee.
Thank Lord God almighty.
Salvation is free
and the word of God is not for commercialization
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by olabowale(m): 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2008
@Plus_Queen: « #5 on: Today at 06:24:38 PM »

Thank God the Anglicans and Lutherans knew to leave the Roman Church who were beginning to sell keys to the kingdom of God.
Thank Lord God almighty.
Salvation is free

Woman, instead of fee, it is spilling of blood, for you. Whats the difference?!
The blood thingy is so commercialized y'all. Hey now. lol.

My casual friend, until you ecome Muslim, you will be real friend of mine: I can help myself.
I got to take a swipe at you, every which way till sunday.
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:12pm On Oct 08, 2008
plus_Queen:

bunch of bull!
The Bible neither said anything about sleeping with grizzly bears and puff adders
there you go

*rolls eyes*
Have you read about God making a woman for a woman?
Have you heard of him making a man for a woman and making them one?
people and splitting hairs
go ahead
snort a cocaine line
The Bible did not mention cocaine either

*seriously rolling eyes*

Easy roll the eyes oh the ,matter no reach to pluck them comot. Did you even examine what I wrote? No? you just jumped and attacked. I said what the bible condemned was the act, not the homosexuality as a sexual orientation, you just attacked without even thinking or consulting your bible. Let me school you a bit.This the part of the bible that talks about it
Leviticus 18
22You shall not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination.

From the above you can see that the men were the ones being referred to, I would say you should show me anywhere in the bible where lesbianism is condemned but even if there was I am not sure you would know, again you can see that it was the act that was an abomination not the orientation
I will refer you to something that happened in the all known sodom and gomorrah, note that the angels who arrived were male angels, we can see that lot greeted them as Sirs refer to Genesis 19:2. When we go further down to verse 4
Genesis 19:4
4But before they lay down, the men [/b]of the city, even[b] the men [/b]of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

5And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are [b]the men
which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

I try my best not to quote in isolation but this shows once again that "homosexual sex" as seen in the bible was between men.
there you go

You know this is the straw that breaks the camels back, you really need to come for Sunday school this coming Sunday  because you ujust always seem to show your lack of knowledge of the bible which you are defending this passionately seeeesh shocked, now if you had taken the pain to even read where the bible seemed to have condemn homosexuality then you might have just seen that part.
Leviticus 18
23Neither shall you lie with any beast and defile yourself with it; neither shall any woman yield herself to a beast to lie with it; it is confusion, perversion, and degradedly carnal.

Even the use of cocaine surely violates the scripture somehow, would that not fall under the whole not defiling your body because it is the temple, besides how can you even compare the use of cocaine drug addiction to a sexual orientation?

MORAL LESSON FOR TODAY: look before you leap.

Cheers
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by plusQueen: 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2008
I talked of grizzlies.
you talk of beast.
show me grizzly
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:29pm On Oct 08, 2008
plus_Queen:

I talked of grizzlies.
you talk of beast.
show me grizzly

You sound a lot calmer now, that's better, are grizzzlies not beasts? You see its difficult for most people to just accept they were wrong, some christians here know their onions sadly you do not fall into that category. wink
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by dgreatrock(m): 10:05am On Oct 09, 2008
when we say anglicans in this context, we refer to the church in communion with the church of england, it is not an ignorant connotation.
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by dgreatrock(m): 10:24am On Oct 09, 2008
the ugly things going on in the anglican communion i believe, are satan's ploy to distract the church from achieving the mandate God has given to the church. i know the stand of the Nigerian anglicans will definite put a final stop to this.

new generational churches are aka pentecostal churches
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by dgreatrock(m): 10:32am On Oct 09, 2008
we must not be deceived by terminologies, bible apart, marrying, and or having sexual relationships with persons of the same sex with us in not natural. homosexualism or lesbianism is wrong in every place at any point. let us stop the self deception
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by kobomoje(m): 1:54am On Oct 11, 2008
im proud 2 b an Anglican (now church of Nigeria). i was born and raised in this denomination, and i av bn serving God there until i got 2 Uk and i switched church (tho. its jus gonna b temporary 'cos i'll stil return 2 my root)

i support the stand of the church of Nigeria on gay. it is bad and should be condemned!

c'mon, animals dont even mate with d same sex (e.g. i av nvr seen a male dog mate with another male dog) haba ,why are we human beigns so shameless?
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:29am On Oct 11, 2008
@kobomoje
Don't make statements from a misinformed point of view, learn to use google. Do a search for homosexuality in animals and see for yourself.
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by Andyjoy(f): 12:26pm On Oct 11, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@kobomoje
Don't make statements from a misinformed point of view, learn to use google. Do a search for homosexuality in animals and see for yourself.

Chrisbenogor, U seem to know it all but he that thinketh he standeth should be careful lest he fall. The wisdom of man is foolishness unto God, the more you look, the less you see. So please seek divine direction and not human knowledge.

Just my thot anyway.

God Blesss You
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:29pm On Oct 11, 2008
Andyjoy:

Chrisbenogor, U seem to know it all but he that thinketh he standeth should be careful lest he fall. The wisdom of man is foolishness unto God, the more you look, the less you see. So please seek divine direction and not human knowledge.

Just my thot anyway.

God Blesss You

Thanks for your advice, but I do not think this is above human understanding at all just read for yourself and inform yourself, you have the bible with you try and read it with an intelligent mind.
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by JJYOU: 5:03pm On Oct 11, 2008
so every rubish google bring up is true or right?
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by kobomoje(m): 12:39am On Oct 12, 2008
JJYOU:

so every rubish google bring up is true or right?

i wonder o. As if it is not one of those deranged fellow dat wrote the stuff .

Chrisbenogor:

@kobomoje

LOl. so u r even using animals 2 justify human misbehaviour? , pity!
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:13am On Oct 12, 2008
@JJYOU & kobomoje
You are free to believe what you like, I think you guys are feeling hurt that animals do exhibit this behaviour and you are wondering if it is the God you know that created them.
I answered this part extensively on the fornication and homosexuality thread go and inform yourselves knowledge is power, I am not justifying anything or anybody I am just responding to your very much misinformed statement that animals do not show this behaviour and I am saying before you make statements like that try and know what you are saying but at least if not say you are not sure better yet after showing you how wrong you are accept it and move on. You might also want to read up sexual orientation too that should help you.
Cheers.
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by Lady2(f): 3:28am On Oct 13, 2008
Thank God the Anglicans and Lutherans knew to leave the Roman Church who  were beginning to sell keys to the kingdom of God.
Thank Lord God almighty.
Salvation is free

MADAM,

Abeg not that I have anything against the Anglicans or the Lutherans but it would be nice of you all to actually know the history before you even speak.

Anglican church came to be because Hnery VIII wanted to divorce his wife and marry another and the Catholic Church wouldn't let him, staying true to scripture that says he who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery.
The Church won't grant him a divorce so he got angry, he decided that he needed to be the head of the Catholic Church and not the Pope. That all the apostles and disciples should be answerable to him and him alone, all because he wanted to divorce his wife.
The Church refused so he went ahead and founded the anglican church. When his wife refused to leave the church he locked her up and deprived her of his daughter until she died.
He then launched a massive killing of all Catholics, until he died and then his daughter with his first wife came to the throne and made Catholicism the official Church of england again, and Killed protestants (this is where America came in, and the KKK killing of catholics in america) out of anger to avenge her mother until her younger sister Elizabeth came into power and killed more Catholics.

So I guess it is right to say thank God that Henry VIII decide to make himself head of God's church so that he can disobey the word of God.

Now for the Lutherans. That one is even funnier, Luther decided that several books of the BIBLE were not to be in there, such as James, Hebrews, Jude, and Revelation. He also questioned the writings of Esther, Ecclesiastes, he said Kings was to be more believed than Chronicles.
Well later on the four books of the New Testament was put back into the Bible. I still want to know why.
A lot of you are so happy that he left the Church and as some would say "exposed" the Church.
Yet he denied the very same book that you all call the Word of God, that you all swear by, that you all live your life by, that you all are so quick to quote.

It's so funny thought because Luther said that the RCC was the LovePeddler of Babylon that was spoken of in Revelations, but still claimed that Revelations wasn't to be held as truth. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
It makes one wonder.

So yup thank God for them, they deny Christ, they deny the Word of God, but they were the true Christians. Amazing!!!!!!

By the way, if there was one thing that Luther and the Anglicans did not deny it was Mary as Mother of God, and thy believe in the saints.
They never denied the honour that is due her.

They also don't deny that the bread and wine once consecrated is the REAL PRESENCE of Christ.

ANYWAY, most of you are follow follow, you hear onething here, and you take it and run with it, without even checking.
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by dgreatrock(m): 8:14am On Oct 13, 2008
hey guys, let's cool it down. we dont need to cast aspersions on each other over denominatons. what is important is to make heaven.

the point i want to make to those who know google so well and forget the word of God is, they should repent. any knowledge that contradicts the word of God is heresy. God's word is ultimate.

those support homosexuals and encourage lesbianism are only telling their parents that they knew nothing, and idiots for ever marrying to give birth to them
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by morpheus24: 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2008
dgreatrock:

hey guys, let's cool it down. we don't need to cast aspersions on each other over denominatons. what is important is to make heaven.

the point i want to make to those who know google so well and forget the word of God is, they should repent. any knowledge that contradicts the word of God is heresy. God's word is ultimate.

those support homosexuals and encourage lesbianism are only telling their parents that they knew nothing, and idiots for ever marrying to give birth to them

The point most people are making here is you should try to open your eyes a little wider and not ignore facts that are true and can be proven. For one stop calling your self an Anglican. It has no bearing on your salvation and anything your church is doing in terms of world matters like homosexuality is only undercover politics and power struggle. Can't you see that?
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by dgreatrock(m): 6:54pm On Jan 20, 2009
morpheus24:

The point most people are making here is you should try to open your eyes a little wider and not ignore facts that are true and can be proven. For one stop calling your self an Anglican. It has no bearing on your salvation and anything your church is doing in terms of world matters like homosexuality is only undercover politics and power struggle. Can't you see that?

point no. 1 you should tell yourself is: no one will go to heaven on a denominationalism
2 every denomination have its own time of turbulence
3 what we in nigeria is doing concerning homosexuals are not politics, it is the upholding of the scriptures. we have nothing to gain in wrenching power from anyone. we remain poised in our stand for scriptural marital standards and not the madness going on now in the name of civilisation.
4 it is time you open your eyes so you can be objective and not be myopic. for i believe you are one who is interested in power struggles and denomination segregationalism. repent!
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by morpheus24: 9:36pm On Jan 20, 2009
dgreatrock:

point no. 1 you should tell yourself is: no one will go to heaven on a denominationalism
2 every denomination have its own time of turbulence
3 what we in nigeria is doing concerning homosexuals are not politics, it is the upholding of the scriptures. we have nothing to gain in wrenching power from anyone. we remain poised in our stand for scriptural marital standards and not the madness going on now in the name of civilisation.
4 it is time you open your eyes so you can be objective and not be myopic. for i believe you are one who is interested in power struggles and denomination segregationalism. repent!

While you are busy wasting your time on church politics, homosexuality and so on which don't directly affect you or your salvation in any manner. Your so called Arch Bishops, Bishops Deacons and so on have been galavanting the world attending church confernces , dinning on hefty dinners and pretty much spenind the money your poor congregation are putting into their pockets. So keep upholding your scriptures and see how much it will change your life in the present and keep dreaming of the hereafter as your just reward for your suffering. I wish you luck my dear Church of England follower.
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by dgreatrock(m): 9:37am On Jan 21, 2009
@Morpheus
let me assume, i understand where you are coming from.
you dont like or believe in meetings/conferences,
and you have serious animousity against the anglican church. right? pls be sincere.

but know that the doctrines and beliefs we all lay claims to today as christians are products of such meetings, synods, conferences, councils - whichever you prefer.

no matter what is going on in the anglican communion worldwide, the Lord have those who worship Him in Spirit & truth - which fortunately are in the majority.

that we are experiencing our times of 'Jacob's troubles' does not make us infidels.
bles you
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by morpheus24: 3:57pm On Jan 21, 2009
dgreatrock:

@Morpheus
let me assume, i understand where you are coming from.
you dont like or believe in meetings/conferences,
and you have serious animousity against the anglican church. right? pls be sincere.

but know that the doctrines and beliefs we all lay claims to today as christians are products of such meetings, synods, conferences, councils - whichever you prefer.

no matter what is going on in the anglican communion worldwide, the Lord have those who worship Him in Spirit & truth - which fortunately are in the majority.

that we are experiencing our times of 'Jacob's troubles' does not make us infidels.
bles you

I have an issue with religious doctrines and dogma. Tell me what your bishops really do for you that you cannot do for yourself.

My friend they are simple authoritarian regimes masked as religious entities. Being Yoruba, black, White, itshekiri, Anglican,catholic seventh day adventist has nothing to do with where you will be when you die so why waste your time?
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by dgreatrock(m): 7:26pm On Jan 23, 2009
Bro, can i say youare a spiritual 'anarchist'? lol
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by rotimy(m): 8:01pm On Jan 23, 2009
@Poster,
My heart and prayers are for the Anglicans but they must purge themselves of that name "PROTESTANTS". When King Henry V111 protested agaist the Catholic law that stopped him from marrying Ann because Kate could not bear him a male son, he sowed a serious seed of rebellion in The Anglican Church he started. TODAY, more and more rebels are now tearing the Bible apart in the name of liberal theology & protesting divine laws.

@ HOMOSEXUALS, Adam & Eve were the first couple God joined 2gether not Adam & Steve

@ Lady, Are you a historian & theologian rolled into one? Recieve more grace for the race
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by dgreatrock(m): 12:59pm On Jan 24, 2009
@rotimy
thanks, i guess you are right, the protestant thing is bringing in many protests and ugly developments. how would you suggest we go about it?
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by Recognise: 1:59pm On Jan 24, 2009
deleted
Re: Anglicans, Let's Talk by rotimy(m): 5:21pm On Jan 24, 2009
dgreatrock:

@rotimy
thanks, i guess you are right, the protestant thing is bringing in many protests and ugly developments. how would you suggest we go about it?

When the prodigal son rebelled against his father and left the household to his detriment, he later came back to his Father when he realized that he was dinning with pigs! Pls , I am not calling the homosexuals pigs but read between the lines! The Anglican Bishops like that prodigal son must go back to the Pope and ask for forgiveness and fatherly blessings! They must openly admit the sin of Henry V111 and ask heaven and earth to forgive him! That the 1st step of uprooting the seed of "protests" in the Anglican Church!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Here Is Why Buddhism Is One Of The Best religions / Holy Ghost Service Prayer Points By Pastor E.A Adeboye » 6th April / Death Dreams, Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.