Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup (1732 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Named Africa's Best Player So Far / Enyeama Named Ligue1 Player Of The Month / Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by Barselonia(m): 5:02am On Jul 08, 2014
Nigeria’s goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama as well as the Super
Eagles may be out of the 2014 World Cup tournament, but
he clearly still rocks.
The Guardian Sports listed the top 10 goalkeepers in Brazil
for the 2014 World Cup. Leading at number 1 is Manuel
Neuer of Germany, while Enyeama ranks 4th.
Read the profile.
Another goalkeeper who arrived after a
record-breaking season at club level.
Enyeama carried on the form that made him
nigh-on unbeatable for Lille, pulling off a
series of extraordinary saves, starting in the
first match against Iran, when Nigeria
dominated but would have lost if the
goalkeeper had not kept enough concentration
to tip away a header from Reza
Ghoochannejhad.
He then kept Bosnia-Herzegovina at bay
before thwarting Lionel Messi and Argentina
for long periods despite conceding three.
When a goalkeeper falls below perfection,
however, he can be punished severely and
Enyeama’s mishandling of a cross against
France enabled Paul Pogba to score the
winning goal and ruined another otherwise
immaculate performance.
Full List
1. Manuel Neuer, Germany
2. Guillermo Ochoa, Mexico
3. Keylor Navas, Costa Rica
4. Vincent Enyeama, Nigeria
5. Tim Howard, USA
6. Rais M’Bolhi, Algeria
7. Júlio César, Brazil
8. Thibaut Courtois, Belgium
9. David Ospina, Colombia
10. Tim Krul, Holland
http://www.bellanaija.com/2014/07/08/vincent-enyeama-named-4th-best-goalkeeper-at-brazil-2014-world-cup/

Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by fingard02k(m): 5:07am On Jul 08, 2014
i smell PDP he deserve atleast number 2 spot
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by ammyluv2002(f): 5:13am On Jul 08, 2014
fingard02k: i smell PDP he deserve atleast number 2 spot
Thank you
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by yoji: 5:17am On Jul 08, 2014
There have been so many superb keepers that it's almost expected to have one.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by yoji: 5:22am On Jul 08, 2014
All of them on the list made splendid saves but his error cost his team the match so how can he be no.2? His ranking is okay even though i might put Howard over him after his record breaking night against Belgium
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by DesChyko: 5:23am On Jul 08, 2014
This ranking is not standard.. The relevance of their saves should be considered also.. Nigeria didn't make it past the round of 16, thus, Enyeama goes down with them..
Julio Caesar is poorly ranked, despite his involvement in Brazil's success, especially in spot kicks.
This list must be reviewed.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by CaptJHMiller: 6:01am On Jul 08, 2014
They ranked him too high. Tim Howard should have been ahead if him. Ospina too tried. No doubt enyama is good but using this world cup to judge, he performed a lot lower than his potential. Messi goal, the corner kick wit France and some other little mishaps and he conceded many goals 5!

Besides how can you rank when the tournament is not yet over, imagine Tim kurl making the list after leas than 2 mins of playing time in the world cup!
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by Syenite(m): 6:09am On Jul 08, 2014
The mistake against France pulled his ranking down.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by Grendel(m): 6:17am On Jul 08, 2014
Love you my Keeper

If not you .......
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by Daguccizgreat(m): 6:19am On Jul 08, 2014
What is manuel neuer doing on top of dat list ? Enyeama's Position on the list is ok bt neuer shud be no were near the Top 4....shambolic rating

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by Barselonia(m): 6:23am On Jul 08, 2014
Na d team drop Vincent to 4.....if d team performance was good. Nothing bad if he was crown 1
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by StannisNaharis(f): 7:31am On Jul 08, 2014
Howard and the algerian goalkeeper should be above enyeama on this list, and Neuer shouldn't even be in the top 3. Julio Cesar should be in the top 4, and where is Bravo?
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by mainheart(m): 7:43am On Jul 08, 2014
Enyeama should be number 2 for that list. those that said its caused pogba to score us we no have defenders abi. which keeper that no de made mistake or is he a monkey. free that guy joor.

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by yoji: 8:18am On Jul 08, 2014
Daguccizgreat: What is manuel neuer doing on top of dat list ? Enyeama's Position on the list is ok bt neuer shud be no were near the Top 4....shambolic rating
Calm down. I understand why neuer is on top. He not just a keeper but also a sweeper. the kind of thing lloris does at spurs. When a team constantly plays a high line like Germany does, it constantly puts the opposition under sustained pressure but risk been caught out if the offside fails. Neuer's anticipation in snuffing out opposition counters has been spectacular. His ball distribution too is very good.
No doubt enyeama is very good but the goalkeepin level at this tournament has been awesome as a whole but let's not forget that his clean sheets came against an Iran that swore not to attack and against Bosnia thanks to referee assisted error is disallowing dzeko's goal. If he put up this performance at any other worldcup, he would b the best no doubt but men this year, no b only him waka come.
The error against France will also count against him as only him and cassilas have made errors that sunk their teams.
Howard should be ahead of him. Obama even called him despite their loss to Belgium where he stood out.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:28am On Jul 08, 2014
Ranking is right, if we made it to d qtr finals,the he would have been number 2
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:11am On Jul 08, 2014
StannisNaharis: Howard and the algerian goalkeeper should be above enyeama on this list, and Neuer shouldn't even be in the top 3. Julio Cesar should be in the top 4, and where is Bravo?

abeg

Howard should be #10

overrated monkey.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by StannisNaharis(f): 9:16am On Jul 08, 2014
ThiefOfHearts:

abeg

Howard should be #10

overrated monkey.
lol. He made some good saves in this tourney, and he made it to the 2nd round considering the group his team was placed. I'd say he performed better than enyeama.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by Barselonia(m): 10:01am On Jul 08, 2014
PDP for world cup
Na wa 4 u
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by abatically(m): 10:22am On Jul 08, 2014
yoji:
All of them on the list made splendid saves but his error cost his team the match so how can he be no.2? His ranking is okay even though i might put Howard over him after his record breaking night against Belgium

Very correct. Howard made more crucial saves than enyeama
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by omar22(m): 10:23am On Jul 08, 2014
Tim Krul, Holland he only played the penalties
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by abatically(m): 10:49am On Jul 08, 2014
ThiefOfHearts:

abeg

Howard should be #10

overrated monkey.

Did u actually watch him play at the world cup or u wrote this out of hatred? Tim Howard set a world record of 16 saves in a single match against Belgium. No other goalkeeper in the history of the world cup has made 16 saves in a single match.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by obeski13(m): 12:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
yoji:
.i think u are right.i had wanted to dispute d ranking,but when i read ur coment ,i agreed wit d ranking
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:52am On Jul 09, 2014
abatically:

Did u actually watch him play at the world cup or u wrote this out of hatred? Tim Howard set a world record of 16 saves in a single match against Belgium. No other goalkeeper in the history of the world cup has made 16 saves in a single match.

in other words the US team is useless for allowing him to have to do that. cool
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by yoji: 5:29am On Jul 09, 2014
ThiefOfHearts:

in other words the US team is useless for allowing him to have to do that. cool
In other words u are tryin to change the topic to divert from your senseless comment. U said Howard was an overrated monkey forgetting the fact that his performance was actually watched by millions and not hear-say.
Whether or not the US team is useless is a different topic.
Re: Vincent Enyeama Named 4th best Goalkeeper At Brazil 2014 world Cup by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:01am On Jul 09, 2014
dude stop crying. I stand by my comment. Tim's overrated. We dont have to agree. get over it and carry go. alafishe. cool

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldinho Vs Zidane ● Who Is The Greatest Maestro? / Ahmed Musa And Victor Moses Snob The NFF President / Arsenal Are Ready For Failure With Wenger - Mourinho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.