Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola (20885 Views)

Ambode With Aregbesola & Wife At HID Awolowo Commendation Service / Nairaland Debate: I The Devilhimself Challenges Berem To A Fair And Open Debate / Open Debate: Military Or Civilian Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola by Parisbee5(m): 10:32pm On Jul 09, 2014
Well Jonathan also has a Phd, all we can see is cluelessness. Anybody can claim to have a certificate but the last time I checked you need not to overhype certificate, it effortlessly speaks for itself. Everythin about Omisore speak volume about his personality. He's a murderer, a cheat, a thug name it. He's just no match for Aregbe's acheivemnts

3 Likes

Re: Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola by oapbrown(m): 10:38pm On Jul 09, 2014
[quote author=bittertalk1993][/quote]

Well, I also make bold to say, Aregbe developed ALMOST every nook and cranny in Osun State. I have relatives who live so close in a prominent estate, to the government house (annex) in Osogbo, d road leading to their estate (Oroki/Temidire Estate) has been so bad since its existence. A PDP elected Senator, PDP state chairman, and so many PDP officials live in that Estate, they did nothing to that road. When the Senator was approached concerning the poor road and the poor transformer, he told the landlords 'Well, as yu can see, I don't stay long here, so I don't have any problem with the road, and I mostly use generator whenever am around, so yu people shud write the government, they will help you'. As close as that road is to the Govt Annexe, it wasn't done thruout PDP's regime. When Aregbe came, he didn't only tar the road, he turned a seemingly small road to a bigger/dual lane road on both sides. Anybody can check, I still drove on that road early dis year - Oroki Estate to Capital Hotel link road. Come to think of it, you're all shouting APC is bad, why did Oyinlola rig the last election? He simply knew he didn't perform well and so pple wanted a change, hence dey voted Aregbe. They tot they had finished Aregbe wif d rigging but as a reasonable and sensible politician, he made sure he had evidences of all d riggings and dat was what made him win later in court. Oyinlola and Omisore committed a lotta atrocities both in Ife and Ilesa, sponsoring their thugs to kill innocent people, well I need not say much.

Fine, Omi has a better CV, but he didn't prove beyond his CV in his 8yrs as a senator that he can perform better as a governor! Osun State needs to look like a real State that it's looking now!

1 Like

Re: Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola by oapbrown(m): 10:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
Firefire:

Which part of Lagos do you stay

That wasn't an answer to my simple question...Don't bother to ask where I live if you don't have any facts
Re: Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola by Zionope: 6:44am On Jul 10, 2014
zeelo2014: ^^^ogre, must u always blab? @ the transvestite 2nd above me, get a life. His cv speaks volume, I'm impressed, looking forward to the debate, let the better man win.
God bless u, this man's CV speaaks for him, I don't think he should have difficulties speaking for himself.
Re: Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola by Zionope: 6:55am On Jul 10, 2014
texaco1: so u actually believed or thought that pdp will field a candidate who has nothing upstairs or someone who forged and lied about his qualification as an engineer like rauf argbesola? Every pdp candidate is well educated ,watch out for the pdp candidate for oyo state . Just wait and see
Why do u think Omisore refuse to tell us what he earned at Owo poly? Why do u think Owo poly denied his claim of graduating from the school? Do u ask urself why he had all his tertiarry education abroad? Are u a Yoruba man? Do u know d meaning of "Okobo kii bimo si tosi? Have u ever hear him speak before? Yeye dey smell

2 Likes

Re: Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola by Zionope: 6:58am On Jul 10, 2014
PapaBrowne: Omisore's resume:

Education[edit]
He had his primary education at the SS Peter and Paul Roman Catholic School in Ile-Ife and his secondary education at St. John Grammar School Ile Ife Osun State from 1972 – 1977, where he excelled. He later attended Federal Polytechnic Owo in Ondo State Nigeria. He later sat for and passed his Full Technological Certificate Examinations at the Technology College, Reading UK, and obtained a diploma Certificate in Electrical/Electronics Engineering. He also holds a Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Power and Machines from Brunnel University Uxbridge, United Kingdom, a postgraduate Certificate in Building service and Engineering Management and a Master of Science Degree in Building Services from the same University. Later, he went to Brunel University, Uxbridge, UK where he earned a Post Graduate Certificate in Mechanical Engineering and an M.Sc degree in Building Services Engineering. At present, the senator holds a Ph.D in Infrastructure Finance from the International School of Management, Paris, France and he is currently undergoing his DBA programme at the same institution. In his pursuit of excellence, the Senator who is equally a Fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, England and Wales underwent several courses in different high profile institutions. He did the Advanced Budgeting Course at the George Town University, Washington DC, USA; the Appropriations and Public Finance Course at the ABS Academy, Athens, Greece; the Advanced Leadership Course at the University of Carolina; The Innovation and Leadership Course at the West London College; the Public Finance Course at the Harvard University and the Aid Effectiveness and Donour Harmonization Course at the Internationale Weiterbildung und Entwicklung gGmbH, Germany.

In January 2013, he completed and was awarded a Doctorate Degree by the International School of Management in Paris. He majored in Procurement, Taxation, Corporate Governance, Infrastructure finance and Public Private Partnerships. The concept of Public Private Partnerships is a key part of the strategy that has been successfully used to provide affordable infrastructure that meets public needs. The concept combines the best capabilities of the Public and Private sectors for mutual benefit.[2]

Professional career[edit]
He is an embodiment of intelligence who has made the pursuit of excellence his trademark. Senator Iyiola Omisore is an engineer and politician of note, and an astute manager of resources whose attention to detail, calmness, and ability to simplify, and proffer solutions to complex issues is uncommon. In fact, his patriotic zeal and engineering acumen was brought to play tremendously when he was in the Senate between 2003 and 2011 and the country benefitted tremendously from this.

Engineering

He started his early professional life with the firm of Drake and Gordham while in the UK, in the early Eighties where he received on the job training and rose to top Management positions. The same firm Drake and Scull (Nig) Ltd took him back home to Nigeria where he worked on major Engineering projects, it was while working at Drake and Scull that his project management skills were horned. He later established his own Engineering firms; Mechelec Consultants –an Engineering Consultancy outfit and Chrisore Eng Ltd – an Electrical Engineering firm.

Omisore, a Fellow of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers started his engineering career as project manager with Drake Gordham UK, Plc, in 1983 and was there up to 1985 before returning to Nigeria to join Drake and Scull Nig. Ltd. also as Project Manager. Here, he supervised the construction of 19 airfields including the Makurdi Air Force Base. Apart from these, he supervised other projects like the Sokoto and Makurdi Rice Mills, Taraku Oil Mill and the Sokoto University Teaching Hospital. He was elevated to the post of a General Manager in 1987 and as a General Manager there up till 1999, he handled such projects like the Federal Mortgage Bank Headquarters Building, Onitsha Flour Mills, Bank of The North (Now Unity Bank) Building, Podium Secretariat, Port Harcourt; Eternit, Sapele; World Bank Assisted Health Projects for Plateau, Benue and Nasarawa States and the Imiringi Rural Electrification project now in Bayelsa State.

Other Projects

CBN Governor’s/Deputy Governor’s Lodges
UACN Commercial Complex, Abuja;
Union Bank (Stallion Plaza);
UBA Headquarters;
EIB Headquarters;
Afribank Headquarters;
British High Commission, Abuja;
Brawal Shipping Lines Office Complex (10 – Story)
As someone that has made his mark in the engineering profession, he has some awards to show for this. He was conferred with the Nigerian Society of Engineers Presidential Merit Award for Support and Contribution to the Development of the Society in 2007. Also, when the NSE was celebrating its Golden Jubilee in 2008, he was honoured with the Prime Award for Remarkable Contribution to the Growth of Engineering Profession and Society.

Project Management

On the consultancy side he was involved in the execution of several World Bank assisted projects and ADB/ADF assisted projects in virtually every part of Nigeria. Chisore Engineering Ltd was also involved in the Execution of many projects for Blue Chip Companies, Banks, Embassies, Shipping Companies; just to mention but a few. He was very successful in his professional endeavour, he diversified and today has interest in several areas of the Economy. He was in the process of taking Chrisore Engineering to be listed on the stock Exchange before the duties of elective political office beckoned on him. Omisore went ahead to establish Chrisore Engineering Plc in 1989 as well as Mechelec Consultants Ltd. Between the time of its establishment and 1999, Chrisore Engineering of which he was the Chairman and CEO had executed many projects.

These include the UACN Commercial Complex, Apapa; the Central Bank of Nigeria Governor’s residence including the residences of its 5 Deputies; Afribank Headquarters; Eko International Bank Headquarters; UACN Abuja Complex in addition to the Union Bank of Nigeria Headquarters.

Nineteen Nigerian Airfields including NAF base in Makurdi
Sokoto Rice Mills
Makurdi Rice Mills,
Taraku Oil Mills
Onitsha Flour Mills,
Eternit, Sapele
Bank of the North Headquarters, Kano
NTA/NTI, Kaduna
Federal Mortgage Bank, Lagos,
Sokoto Teaching Hospital,
Podium Secretariat, Port Harcourt
Immirungi Rural Electrification, Bayelsa,
Okpella Cement Factory
World Bank Assisted Projects

Enugu State Multi-State Road Project;
Ondo State Multi-State Road Project;
Kano/Jigawa Multi-State Road Project;
Ondo/Enugu IDF
Sokoto/Zamfara Multi-State Health Project;
Ondo/Bauchi Multi-State Health Project;
Ogun/Kaduna Multi-State Health Project;
ADB/ADF Assisted Projects:

Kwara Water Supply;
Bauchi Water Supply;
Delta Water Supply;
Lagos Fishing Terminal;
Nkalagu Cement Factory
NSPMC Proposed Factory in Jos;
Ondo State Afforestation Project
Procurement and Infrastructure Finance

Also, in its ten years of existence, Mechelec Consultants where he was the Principal Partner had firmly registered itself in the construction industry. Projects executed successfully within this period included: African Development Bank financed projects across the states; World Bank financed projects in Enugu, Kaduna, Niger, Sokoto, Bauchi, Kwara and Imo States; World Bank Health System Fund II in Lagos State; World Bank Assisted Lagos Urban Transportation Project and the Pakistani Suppliers’ Credit on Rural Electrification in Ondo and Niger States.

Public Private Partnership

Power deregulation in Nigeria
Airports Development

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iyiola_Omisore
You forgot to include that IT WAS EDITED ON THE WIKIPAGE 3DAYS AGO BY AN ANONYMOUS.

2 Likes

Re: Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola by Zionope: 7:01am On Jul 10, 2014
oapbrown:

Well, I also make bold to say, Aregbe developed ALMOST every nook and cranny in Osun State. I have relatives who live so close in a prominent estate, to the government house (annex) in Osogbo, d road leading to their estate (Oroki/Temidire Estate) has been so bad since its existence. A PDP elected Senator, PDP state chairman, and so many PDP officials live in that Estate, they did nothing to that road. When the Senator was approached concerning the poor road and the poor transformer, he told the landlords 'Well, as yu can see, I don't stay long here, so I don't have any problem with the road, and I mostly use generator whenever am around, so yu people shud write the government, they will help you'. As close as that road is to the Govt Annexe, it wasn't done thruout PDP's regime. When Aregbe came, he didn't only tar the road, he turned a seemingly small road to a bigger/dual lane road on both sides. Anybody can check, I still drove on that road early dis year - Oroki Estate to Capital Hotel link road. Come to think of it, you're all shouting APC is bad, why did Oyinlola rig the last election? He simply knew he didn't perform well and so pple wanted a change, hence dey voted Aregbe. They tot they had finished Aregbe wif d rigging but as a reasonable and sensible politician, he made sure he had evidences of all d riggings and dat was what made him win later in court. Oyinlola and Omisore committed a lotta atrocities both in Ife and Ilesa, sponsoring their thugs to kill innocent people, well I need not say much.

Fine, Omi has a better CV, but he didn't prove beyond his CV in his 8yrs as a senator that he can perform better as a governor! Osun State needs to look like a real State that it's looking now!
Better CV my foot
Re: Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola by emmasege: 9:23am On Jul 10, 2014
Can any of De RaRaufsn nanairalandelp display OgOgbenisV, because INEC records as displayed 2 days ago revealed that his highest academic qualification is school cert & not HND dat he's made up believe over the years. Did he actually attend Ibadan Poly or he attended but dropped out. Need some clarification 4m De Raufs please.
Re: Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola by gramci: 10:11am On Jul 10, 2014
emmasege: Can any of De RaRaufsn nanairalandelp display OgOgbenisV, because INEC records as displayed 2 days ago revealed that his highest academic qualification is school cert & not HND dat he's made up believe over the years. Did he actually attend Ibadan Poly or he attended but dropped out. Need some clarification 4m De Raufs please.

I de wait o
Re: Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola by texaco1: 10:12am On Jul 10, 2014
emmasege: Can any of De RaRaufsn nanairalandelp display OgOgbenisV, because INEC records as displayed 2 days ago revealed that his highest academic qualification is school cert & not HND dat he's made up believe over the years. Did he actually attend Ibadan Poly or he attended but dropped out. Need some clarification 4m De Raufs please.
don't mind them ,they won't answer this particular question. I have been asking them the same question since yesterday. They should just let us see his cv. A cv tells u what someone has to offer thatt is why ppl submit cvs for appointments
Re: Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola by felifeli: 10:17am On Jul 10, 2014
gramci:

I de wait o

He doesn't have any. The man is a complete clown. All the policies of Osun State are done from Lagos by Tinubu Unlimited Company , that is why Aregbe spends so much time in Lagos; he is just a figurehead there in Osun State whose function is just to make noise like empty barrel. O su mi o.
Re: Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola by segunadewale(f): 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
what an impressive CV...WHAT HAS IT IMPACTED ON THE UPCOMING YOUTHS?

WITH THEIR(PDP) EXPOSURE INTERNATIONALLY, CAN NIGERIA BOAST OF ANY DEVELOPMENT?
AFTER HIS HND HE WENT TO UK,PARIS AND BLA BLA, THE MASSES NEEDS A VISIBLE CHANGE.

CHANGE, FEDERAL!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola by expert101(m): 1:37am On Jul 12, 2014
Parisbee5: Well Jonathan also has a Phd, all we can see is cluelessness. Anybody can claim to have a certificate but the last time I checked you need not to overhype certificate, it effortlessly speaks for itself. Everythin about Omisore speak volume about his already soiled personality. He's a murderer, a cheat, a thug name it. He's just no match for Aregbe's numerous acheivements
[size=28pt]
Thanks my brother! It is not about the PhD certificate or whatever. The man(GEJ) is clueless and has no vision to transform this country with the way he and his wife runs this country.

Back to Omisore- We know his roots and what he is capable of doing...Looting of Osun public funds and killing all opponents within his reach.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola by egift(m): 4:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
The coward did not show up.

1 Like

Re: Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola by felifeli: 8:04pm On Jul 26, 2014
egift: The coward did not show up.

Winners do not show up for 'debates' grin grin
Re: Omisore Accepts Open Debate With Aregbesola by egift(m): 8:14pm On Jul 26, 2014
felifeli: Winners do not show up for 'debates' grin grin

[img]http://1.bp..com/-d4FsZkcBqAg/U60rqlnJnxI/AAAAAAABJT8/IZ2koPAaqJ4/s1600/omisore.jpg[/img]
Omisore

VS

Aregbesola

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Dogara’s Removal As Reps Speaker Will Be Difficult –reps / Southwest Governors, Stakeholders Hold Security Summit In Ibadan (photos) / Bukola Saraki Escape Being Lynched By Angry Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.