Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,233 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship (16293 Views)

Rev.fr Mbaka- Mikel Obi Should No Longer Be In The Nigeria Team / Fifa Paid Ireland To Stop Legal Action Over Henry’s World Cup Handball - BBC / Ethiopia Deny Attack On Nigeria Team Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 09, 2014
Congrats to them!
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by Timijo(m): 8:17am On Jul 09, 2014
ewosk: Despite the inability of the more supported football team Super Eagles to bring glory to Nigeria, the handball counterpart just won
gold trophy this year’s
World Handball Championship in Gothenburg, Sweden . The handball teams comprising the male team (State House
Kings) and female team (State House Kings) from the State House
Sports Club had set out to Sweden on the approval of the
president to participate in the international competition involving
about 45 top countries in the world.
The team arrived the presidential villa on Monday
evening with the gold trophy.
The President said, while he, like
other Nigerians, had thought Nigeria would win the Gold Trophy
at the ongoing 2014 FIFA World Cup but painfully missed it, the
World Cup ironically came to the country by way of the gold
trophy won by the handball team in Sweden.

Sauce: Vanguard
kudos to them. As we no fit win leg ball we don win handball. Anoda tym e go b headball.
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by domdan13(m): 8:20am On Jul 09, 2014
woww...quite an impressive match 4rm d Germans...Neva tot of 6 goals intervals...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by nonjebose(m): 8:26am On Jul 09, 2014
Are these team$ clubsides or what? Vanguard again with their pedestrian journalism. It is probably an invitational tourney. We are very weak in african handball not to talk of a world championship

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by zeongeon: 8:33am On Jul 09, 2014
Smartsyn: We are talking about football, you are talking nonsense.

But atall atall na im bad pass
its myopic statement like urs that have made the government ignore other areas of sports eg taekwondo, swimming, gymnastics, wrestling, judo etc where we have very good talents waiting to be harnessed rather they pump all resources into football yielding no results..Welldone to our handball team at least they have done what d super eagles can't do in another 10 years to come.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by owelle22(m): 8:43am On Jul 09, 2014
no be der mate dey win world cup?
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by gebest: 8:43am On Jul 09, 2014
Not even aware they are playing hand ball world cup, but na leg ball world cup trophy we want na. Well at all at all na em really bad.
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 09, 2014
Nt bad 4 a st@
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by Bigsteveg(m): 8:46am On Jul 09, 2014

Nigerian mentality, must it be about soccer alone. For ur information, South Africa is a major player in Rugby, Kenya, Jamaica in tracks & co, USA also are champion when it cums to america football. Its obvious dat we r not a football nation, we cant even compete on the world stage and our handball team just brought us GOLD.......i say kudos to dem, GOD bless them more, may they be able to do more for their country in Jesus Name.

NB: pls let us always encourage our own

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by Dhulqarnain(m): 8:51am On Jul 09, 2014
Congrats
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by teetee123: 8:54am On Jul 09, 2014
This is a stu..upid news. Journalism at the lowest ebb. Cant the writer get full details of the so called world championship.
What sort of tournament was it? Nigeria cannot even boast of being among the 1st five in Africa.

I am sure the so called competition was a jamboree and arranged for spending public fund by the so called Aso rock handball teams.
What competition did they win in Nigeria that made them represent the country in the first place?

I remember the Obubra boys club scandal some years ago where the team bought trophy and medals in Sweden and claimed to have won an under 17 competition.

We need to investigate the claim of these teams.
How many teams did they defeat?
From which countries are the teams from?
Who organised the competition?
Was it sanctioned by the international federation?

Until then i believe this was a money wasting jamboree

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by MDMA: 9:06am On Jul 09, 2014
Nice!!!
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by biomedixexcel(m): 9:07am On Jul 09, 2014
Good one dear country
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by Swash042(m): 9:13am On Jul 09, 2014
Congrats to them!
aleast dat 1 dey.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by JEITO: 9:14am On Jul 09, 2014
Maybe it is about time we start putting our eggs in other sports; afterall handball is not such a bad sport(it has ball in it nah) and the euro haandball champions league is almost as electric as the uefa champions league also.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by highmey(m): 9:41am On Jul 09, 2014
They have done well! cheesy

Just that football is more appreciated in Nigeria (and rest of the world)...

Well, as for me, i love all sports except for Wrestling, Boxing and the likes...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by noah24(m): 9:57am On Jul 09, 2014
;Dsince leg nor work!
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by NLFreak(m): 10:10am On Jul 09, 2014

Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by ddeola: 10:15am On Jul 09, 2014
Nice one, this is a statement to them that they should not put all their eggs in football. We get other sports abeg...
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by logica(m): 10:39am On Jul 09, 2014
Are you sure these people have not bobo-ed the President? I checked and saw the World Men Handball Championship was held in Sweden back in 2011. The next one was in Spain in 2013. And the next WILL be in 2015 in Qatar. Meaning THERE IS NO event this year. So which event was this one? Hmm.

EDIT: I saw other links claiming it was an U-14 event in Sweden.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by Arctic(m): 10:44am On Jul 09, 2014
This was a youth tournament where Nigeria probably fielded overage players as usual

This is not an achievement if you ask me. They should go and compete in adult handball tournament lets see how far they will go.

See the old men wey dey carry go sef

http://partillecup.com/eng/category/nyheter/

Arctic
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by logica(m): 10:47am On Jul 09, 2014
Arctic: This was a youth tournament where Nigeria probably fielded overage players as usual

This is not an achievement if you ask me. They should go and compete in adult handball tournament lets see how far they will go.

See the old men wey dey carry go sef

http://partillecup.com/eng/category/nyheter/

Arctic
LOL. U-44 indeed. Oops, I mean U-14.
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 09, 2014

guy, yu need to watch handball. I play handball and I enjoy it. Just give it a try by watching at first
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by Ifyjemila(f): 11:04am On Jul 09, 2014
Dreal1247: Whether monkey or dog, they are all mammals. GOLD IS STILL GOLD.
yes.
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by cushycute(f): 11:50am On Jul 09, 2014
Wow! Congrats to them
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 09, 2014
Congratulations!

I am yet to see South Africa win a match in the past 2 years.
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by hardeyincah(m): 12:12pm On Jul 09, 2014
chinex276: Am sure MIKEL captained dem.
Oh, its still a fast game,not 4 slow pokes lyk him, so am sure mikel will be beta off learning how 2 play draff or chess.
he cant play chess cos he's not intelligent
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by Sijo01(f): 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
ewosk:

Dreams do come true...dont u think so

When
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by hollawuyi2013(m): 1:14pm On Jul 09, 2014
Handball/Football= word & opposite
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by DocAdray(f): 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2014
Good one, congratulations to them!
Re: Nigeria Team Wins Handball World Championship by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
all4naija: Congratulations!

I am yet to see South Africa win a match in the past 2 years.
your hate for SA is truly amazing!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pep Guardiola Becomes Quickest Manager To 200 Premier League Wins / CAF Rejects Pinnick's Nomination For FIFA Seat / Allen Onyema Promises Super Eagles N20m For Cape Verde Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.