Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels - Religion (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels (1389965 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:54pm On Jul 03, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY JULY 4, 2020

Refuge For Rest
TEXT: Psalm 91:1-10

"I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust" (Psalm 91:2).

During the heat of the day, the mother eagle will spread her broad and strong wings to protect her tender eaglets from the blazing sun. On the other hand, when it is cold, she wraps her wings around the young ones to shield them from the biting cold.

Likewise, the Lord is a refuge for all His children in all kinds of weather. Martin Luther wrote:

A mighty fortress is our God,
A bulwark never failing;
Our Helper He, amid the flood,
Of mortal ills prevailing:
For still our ancient foe, doth seek to work us woe;
His craft and power are great,
And, armed with cruel hate,

On earth is not His equal. Our modern buildings today are fortified with iron doors, strong fences with barbed-wires, and iron gates to provide security. In spite of all these, thieves still break in to rob. In times of distress, the Lord only is our fortress.

Quote: "The Lord only is our fortress"

Chɑllenge: "In God, our defense is sure"

Prɑyer: "God, help me to always put my trust in you"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:22am On Jul 05, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY JULY 5, 2020

Sacrifice For Success
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

"And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible" (1 Corinthians 9:25).

The world acclaimed greatest footballer, Pele of Brazil (full name, Edson Arantes Do Nascimento) declared, "Success does not come by accident. Nothing valuable is easy to come by. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love for what you are doing or learning to do." He scored 1281 goals in 1360 games. There is no cheap success. Success demands sweat and sacrifice. Youths yearning for success must sacrifice sleep, leisure and comfort. Surfing the internet for pleasure must be jettisoned. Unprofitable ventures and time wasting games and films must be avoided and quality time invested in worthwhile tasks.

High level discipline must be maintained when using the social media as it could consume all your precious time unnoticed. Do away with unnecessary social outings. Instead, get involved in activities like church choir. "All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any" (1 Corinthians 6:12). Be guided by the Holy Spirit in all you do.

Quote: "There is no cheap success"

Chɑllenge: "Work hard in silence, let success make the noise"

Prɑyer: "Father, help me to give all it takes to succeed"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:20pm On Jul 07, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY JULY 6, 2020

Sound Speech
TEXT: Titus 2:6-10

"Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you" (Titus 2:8).

It was Demosthenes who said, "A vessel is known by the sound, whether it be cracked or not; so men are proved, by their speech, whether they be wise or foolish." Our speech speaks much about our personality. Sound speech involves speaking the total truth without any shade of lie; wholesome language devoid of any taint of corruption. Vulgar language is alien to believers who are sound in speech. There is no contradiction between the speech and the action, and they cannot be faulted. To be sound in speech is synonymous to being a man of one's word.

The heart is inseparably linked to the tongue. A heart purged and purified will produce wholesome words whereas a corrupt heart will produce putrid speech. As a Christian, aim for the truth; no lies, dirty jokes and deceptions. Deborah, Samuel, Moses, Joshua, Elijah, Ezra, John the Baptist and our Lord Jesus Christ, were of sound speech. Sound speech engenders confidence and trust in listeners. Friends and foes will honour our Christ and cherish our Christianity when we learn to produce sound speech.

Quote: "The heart is inseparably linked to the tongue"

Chɑllenge: "Speak as it becomes a child of God"

Prɑyer: "O Lord, let the words of my mouth be acceptable in thy sight"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:16pm On Jul 07, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY JULY 7, 2020

Vocational Counselling
TEXT: Proverbs 24:1-6

"Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established" (Proverbs 15:22).

Vocational counselling has to do with guiding someone on which career or job suits his abilities and personality. The famous black American Agricultural Scientist, George Washington Carver, who invented many products from peanuts, sweet potatoes and soybeans, would have ended up reading art and music if he was not guided by one of his professors, Etta Budd. She did not see a good future for him as a black artist. Carver later earned a master's degree in agricultural science from Iowa State University and became a lecturer and researcher.

Every Christian is created to be brilliant, successful and extraordinary in life. Humility will make us to recognise our limitation and seek counsel from those whom God has placed within our reach to counsel and guide us aright. Ignorance of what direction to go could be very costly. Youths should seek counselling particularly in the area of choice of career. Youths at school have access to trained counsellors who can help with career choice and problems relating to studies, behaviour and friendship relationships. Seek God's face on this matter.

Quote: "Youths should seek counselling"

Chɑllenge: "It is safer to seek counsel from godly leaders"

Prɑyer: "O Lord, choose a career for me"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:56am On Jul 08, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY JULY 08, 2020

Dead End Destination
TEXT: Proverbs 4:18-27

"Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil" (Proverbs 4:26, 27).

Have you ever tried to get somewhere only to discover that the road or path you took led nowhere? You had just wasted time and effort to arrive at a dead end. This could happen to anyone in a city or inter-state journey where you are not conversant with the routes.

There are also dead end destinations in life's journey. Marriages, friendships, education and careers, have come to dead end destinations for people who did not 'ponder the path' of their feet.

The Prince, Absalom, thought he was on a good course when he tried to overthrow his father, David, the reigning king, but he died abruptly. So did Ahithophel, his counsellor.

Our text says, "...remove thy feet from evil." It is evil to company with cultists, thieves, fornicators, drunkards, drug addicts and the indolent. They lead to a dead end socially, physically and spiritually.

How is your life? Have you come to a dead end destination? Turn now to Christ for the solution and be guided by God's Word in your life's journey.

Quote: "Be guided by God's Word"

Chɑllenge: "Flee youthful lusts"

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord, to refrain from evil in Jesus' name"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:50pm On Jul 09, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY JULY 9, 2020

Harmony In The Home
TEXT: Psalm 133:1-3

"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!" (Psalm 133:1).

A home where there are quarrels, malice, nagging, and even fights, has no harmony. Definitely, members of such a family will not be eager to go home at the end of the school or work day. Harmony in the home is like the harmonious sound and melody of musical instruments in the orchestra. It is so sweet to the ears that you cannot resist it. Thomas Jefferson, the late president of America, said, "The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family.

A harmonious home is a home where Christ reigns as the Head of the family. It nurtures and supports every member of the family. Harmony in the home revives, strengthens and equips for a fruitful and happy life. In such a home, the Bible is read and the toxic lifestyles of sinners in the home are shed, and Christ is allowed to transform their home into a relaxing space which helps them live a happy and healthy life.

Quote: "Harmony in the home revives"

Chɑllenge: "How are you contributing to the peace in your home?"

Prɑyer: "Give me a calm and peaceful home, O God"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28pm On Jul 09, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY JULY 10, 2020

The Omniscient God
TEXT: Psalm 139:1-7

"O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off" (Psalm 139:1, 2).

Imagine a scenario in a home where a child accidentally moved a dish in the kitchen cabinet and most of the dishes and ceramics came cascading down to the terrazzo floor in a loud chattering sound. Both parents were away and the siblings were fast asleep.

And then the child who caused all this to happen, withdrew from the scene for fear that he would be punished. Of course, every child denied knowing the cause of the incident. No one may know the truth, but God knows and sees all things.

Do you know that God knows exactly where you are and what you are doing right now? He knows all about us. He knows when you lose a tooth or lock of your hair. He knows your thoughts and secret deals. Achan thought that his secret covetous acts were hidden until God revealed them.

Moreover, God sees us when we are in difficulties, and being also omnipotent, He comes to our aid. He saw and rescued Daniel in the lion's den. Ensure you are His child, and He will help you.

Quote: "He comes to our aid"

Chɑllenge: "You cannot hide from God"

Prɑyer: "Search me O Lord, and know my heart"

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:18am On Jul 11, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY JULY 11, 2020

For Christ In All Conditions
TEXT: Romans 8:31-35

"Who shall sepɑrɑte us from the love of Christ? Shɑll tribulɑtion, or distress, or persecution, or fɑmine, or nɑkedness, or peril, or sword?" (Romans 8:35).

We are told in Acts Chapter 16 that Paul was arrested for preaching in the name of Jesus. He was stripped of his clothing, severely flogged by the Romans and thrown into the inner prison, yet he endured it all for Jesus.

When the Jews flogged a person, they stopped at thirty-nine strokes. The Romans also were not that merciful, they beat a person to the brink of death. Of the original twelve Apostles, only John died a natural death, though he was also tortured for Christ.

Hence, John Scott said, "The fact of suffering undoubtedly constitutes the single greatest challenge to the Christian faith." Persecution has been a common fact in Christendom.

Many disciples of Jesus were also tortured, jeered at, flogged, and imprisoned or martyred, (Hebrews 11:35b - 37). What shall separate you from the love of God? These believers did not deny their Saviour.

You too must stand for Christ in all situations and conditions. Wherever you are, remain faithful to the Lord, and He will surely send you help in time of need. He will not fail you.

Quote: "Take a stand for Jesus"

Chɑllenge: "Don't give up your faith in Christ"

Prɑyer: "In all situations O God, help me to stand for Christ"

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:15am On Jul 12, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY JULY 12, 2020

The Mystery Of The Fourth Man
TEXT: Daniel 3:16-25

"He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God" (Daniel 3:25).

King Nebuchadnezzar approached the opening of the blazing fiery furnace. He shouted out, "Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, ye servants of the Most High God, come forth, and come hither." So, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego came out of the fire unhurt. Nebuchadnezzar saw a fourth man, the appearance of the fourth man resembled a divine being. Indeed, the fourth man was Christ, the Son of God. In Daniel 3:28, Nebuchadnezzar said, "Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king’s word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God."

This gives us a beautiful image of the children of God often walking unhurt amidst dangers, and safe beneath the divine protection of God {Psalm 138:7-8}. You too can walk unhurt like these three Hebrews if you stand for Jesus; He is the only Messiah, the Saviour of the whole world; Him only we will serve and no other God beside Him.

Quote: "He is the only Messiah"

Chɑllenge: "With Jesus, you are safe in the fiery furnace"

Prɑyer: "O Lord, stand by me in tough times"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:41am On Jul 13, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY JULY 13, 2020

Seek And You Will Find
TEXT: Matthew 7:7-11

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you" (Matthew 7:7).

The Lord Jesus in this text reveals how simple prayer is. He explains in plain language what prayer is and how easy it is to receive from God. C. H. Spurgeon once said, "All our perils are nothing, so long as we have prayers."

But many are left in their perils because they would not pray. Others feel they must go through rigorous experiences to have answers to prayers. Some others wonder why people pray, after all, God knows our needs.

There is no restriction to or discrimination against those who come with sincere hearts. You can pray for forgiveness of your sins as a sinner, cleansing of your heart from uncleanness within, healing for your body, and any other need. You may also call on God for your nation and people around you.

The conditions for answered prayers include: freedom from all sins, forgiveness of offenders, faith in God, and the use of the name of Jesus. You may wish to start today to enjoy the great benefits of seeking the face of God through prayers. It's God's key to victory.

Quote: "Call on God for your nation"

Chɑllenge: "The prayerful smile at storms"

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me grace to seek and find you always"

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:40am On Jul 14, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY JULY 14, 2020

Doubters Are Losers
TEXT: James 1:5-8

"A double minded man is unstable in all his ways" (James 1:8).

To doubt is to disbelieve, or waiver in opinion or judgment; to be in uncertainty as to belief respecting anything. It also means to lack confidence in a person or an opinion or views. God is not happy with those who doubt Him and His Word. Many of the children of Israel did not get to the Promised Land because of unbelief. Doubters are like the wave of the sea; they are unstable and can receive nothing from God.

God rewards faith in His people. He assures us of answered prayers whenever we call on Him in faith. True children of God should have confidence in the midst and power of God to do all things. The universe was created by God's spoken word. There is nothing impossible with Him and to all who believe Him. Dear friend, do not live by the dictates of your sense organs. Faith does not work by sight, feelings or human reasoning. Faith acts on God's word which can never fail. If you believe, you will discover that all things are possible unto you.

Quote: "God rewards faith in His people"

Chɑllenge: "There is nothing impossible to all who believe"

Prɑyer: "Lord, increase my faith!"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:09pm On Jul 15, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY JULY 15, 2020

Search The Scriptures
TEXT: Act 17:10-12

"These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so" (Act 17:11).

The word 'Search,' according to the English dictionary, means to seek, to examine, to enquire after and to look for. Searching the Scriptures therefore goes beyond just reading for acquisition of knowledge. In its simplest form, it means to greatly delight in and desire God's revelation through His Word for personal benefit.

There are many youths who have no time for God or His Word. No wonder, they are weak and ignorant of the treasures in the scriptures. God's Word has power to transform and make you strong.

The secret of victory over temptations and youthful lusts is knowledge of the word of God. To profit from searching the Scriptures you must have: personal salvation, hunger and thirst for the truth, and readiness to do all that God says.

God's counsel to all is, "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success" (Joshua 1:8).

Quote: "God's Word has power to transform"

Chɑllenge: "The knowledge of the Bible is profitable now and in eternity"

Prɑyer: "Lord, grant me grace to search the scriptures daily"

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:28am On Jul 16, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY JULY 16, 2020

Frail But Favoured
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 1:22-31

"Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel" (Isaiah 41:14).

More than 365 times in the scriptures, God encourages His people not to fear. Somebody said the word FEAR simply means: False Experiences Appearing Real. Satan has used fear to weaken the faith of many dear children of God. The One in you is greater than the wicked one in the world.

Beloved, do not consider your frail nature or weak personality; you are highly favoured by God. Favour of God makes us peculiar and gives us victory where others fail. Joseph's gracious and glorious ride from prison to palace, was the outcome of the favour of God. His master saw that God was with him and he prospered in his work (Genesis 39:3). Believers' promotion, protection, prosperity and dominion comes by God's favour.

When last did you pray for God's favour upon your life? Why do you neglect this sure source of victory? You can pray for favour with God and man. Your own victory begins when you give your life to Christ through genuine repentance and faith in His atoning work for you on the cross at Calvary.

Quote: "Favour of God makes us peculiar"

Chɑllenge: "God uses weak things to do exploits"

Prɑyer: "Lord, compass me daily with favour like a shield"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:39am On Jul 18, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY JULY 17, 2020

His Death Clears Your Debt
TEXT: Hebrews 9:11-15

"Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by His own blood He entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us" (Hebrews 9:12).

Jesus, the sinless Son of God, paid fully for our redemption from sin and the wrath of God. His vicarious sacrifice is sufficient for our cleansing from both inbred and outward sins. Beloved, the price has been paid! The sinless and pure died for the sinful and wicked.

Paul, the great apostle to the Gentiles, said, Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom he was chief (1 Timothy 1:15). Ponder over the first stanza of Charles Wesley's song:

And can it be that I should gain
An interest in the Saviour's blood?
Died He for me, who caused His pain?
For me, who Him to death pursued?
Amazing love! How can it be
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

Your sins, guilt and condemnation made Him to die on the cross. Your freedom and pardon was secured through His great sacrifice. It is His blood that washes away our sins. Repent of your sins today and accept Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour.

Quote: "Jesus came into the world to save sinners"

Chɑllenge: "Your sinfulness is the reason for His death and resurrection!"

Prɑyer: "Lord, thank you for dying to save my soul"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY JULY 18, 2020

Self-Deception
TEXT: James 1:21-26

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves" (James 1:22).

The greatest harm a person does to himself is self-deception. A self-deceived man is under a powerful influence of the devil. He is a hypocrite, pretending to be what he is not.

The self-deceived according to Dr. Cortney S. Warren in her book, The Truth About Self-Deception, "Hurt self and those they love most when they don't take full responsibility for who they are; contribute to large scale acts of cruelty believing their lies and spreading them to others; leave them with massive amount of regret."

God is never flattered by religious activities, though people may be deceived by your pretense. You may be very active, generally appreciated and have temporary praise of men, but your joy is transient.

If you live in secret sin and you are called a brother or sister, do not rejoice. Job said, "That the triumphing of the wicked is short, and the joy of the hypocrite but for a moment?" You know yourself better than anyone else. Do you live in secret sin? Repent today and make your way right with God.

Quote: "God is never flattered by religious activities"

Chɑllenge: "The joy of the self-deceived is transient"

Prɑyer: "Lord, keep me from the sin of self-deception"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:43am On Jul 19, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY JULY 19, 2020

Worthy Walk
TEXT: Ephesians 4:1-6

"I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called" (Ephesians 4:1).

According to John Riper, to walk worthy of the Lord means to, "Act in a way that fits the great value and glorious nature of God and the gospel and your calling." The Christian walk is worthy when it is in conformity with the word of God.

God does not hide His will from His children. Christ remains our model and we must ask Him for grace to live like Him always. He is holy, harmless, humble, honest and humane. So must we. Believers are to shine as light in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation. Real Christians don't tell lies or live in unrighteousness, but love what God loves and hate what He hates.

Dear friend, your life must show that you are a new creature in Christ. Your life must be different from what it used to be. The old sinful life of lying, stealing, fighting, uncleanness, immorality, violence, wickedness, etc., must be dropped. You must make up your mind to live a disciplined life, pray always and set your love on heavenly things.

Quote: "Christ remains our model"

Chɑllenge: "Let others see Jesus in you"

Prɑyer: "Help me, dear Lord, to walk in your steps"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
Believers are fearless.

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:25am On Jul 20, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY JULY 20, 2020

Education For Excellence
TEXT: Acts 7:20-23

"And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds" (Acts 7:22).

Education is a great legacy that children get from governments and parents. It helps children to know themselves, go into suitable careers and excel in life. In his book, You Can Win, Shiv Khera, states, "What a broad-based education really means is that the student is prepared for life, without losing their areas of specialisation or competence." It is a priceless investment which turn children into great blessings to the family, church, community and the nation. Many new inventions have been credited to industrious youths. Moses used his education to fulfil the plan of God.

Determine to use your knowledge beyond the classroom. The "5-D" principles for excellence are: determination, diligence, dedication, discipline and direction. Some youths do not put value on their academics. Lazy or slothful students have poor performances. In a bid to get good grades, they cheat to pass in examinations. Eventually, they cannot defend their certificates as they perform below its quality. Education without God is like a ship without a compass. True education liberates from sin. May your learning lead you to God's real purpose for your life.

Quote: "Use your knowledge beyond the classroom"

Chɑllenge: "Examination cheats are certificated illiterates"

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me wisdom to use my knowledge for your glory"

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:57pm On Jul 20, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY JULY 21, 2020

Message From The Maid
TEXT: 2 Kings 5:1-10

"And she said unto her mistress, Would God my lord were with the prophet that is in Samaria! For he would recover him of his leprosy" (2 Kings 5:3).

Many people bemoan their low estate and consider it the reason why they cannot be productively engaged in the service of God. The captive slave girl in our text is a great challenge to such people. Though a captive, she had deep concern for her great but leprous master. His pathetic condition despite his greatness gave her great concern. Though a slave in a foreign land, she never forgot her God and His great power bestowed on Prophet Elisha. She knew without any iota of doubt that her God has the power to cure Naaman of his leprosy. Her message was very clear and indeed the key to Naaman's healing and salvation.

Beloved, what effort are you making towards recovering many spiritually and physically leprous people around you? Look away from your limitations and personal challenges. Be concerned for the good of others. Point people to the Saviour who alone has cure for their sick souls and broken bodies, and you will become a channel of blessing to many helpless and hopeless people. Never hide your testimony. Share with others.

Quote: "Point people to the Saviour"

Chɑllenge: "How many helpless people have you pointed to Christ?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, make me a helper of the joy of others"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:42am On Jul 21, 2020
Book of Life

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:46am On Jul 22, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY JULY 22, 2020

Dutiful Deborah
TEXT: Judges 4:1-14

"And Deborah said unto Barak, Up; for this is the day in which the LORD hath delivered Sisera into thine hand...So Barak went down from mount Tabor, and ten thousand men after him" (Judges 4:14).

Deborah, the wife of Lapidoth, came from the tribe of Ephraim, one of the 12 tribes of Israel. She was a prophetess, yet performed legal and military responsibilities, and was the only female judge in the Old Testament. Her closeness to God was revealed in the faith and confidence with which she ministered with precision as a prophetess.

She was dauntless and brave. She willingly went with Barak to the battle of the Lord to defend her nation against Jabin, King of Canaan and his captain, with nine hundred iron chariots. God specialises in using weak but available holy vessels to fulfil His divine purpose.

Deborah was a successful home keeper, a composer and singer who had the grace to combine the administrative duties of judging Israel with her chores at home.

Deborah's achievement was as a result of a combination of her rare gifts: her relationship with God and her willingness to uniquely serve in the face of danger to her precious life. You are unique too. Discover your gifts and use them for the good of all around you.

Quote: "She was dauntless and brave"

Chɑllenge: "Like Deborah, faithfully use your talents"

Prɑyer: "When duty calls, help me to obey, oh God"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2020
Conviction about the truth.

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:25am On Jul 23, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY JULY 23, 2020

Gehazi's Leprosy For Goofing
TEXT: 2 Kings 5:20-28

"The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy seed for ever. And he went out from his presence a leper as white as snow" (2 Kings 5:27).

Like Elijah and Elisha, he possibly would have become a national prophet. He had the opportunity of asking for a triple portion of Elisha's power (with God nothing is impossible and God is no respecter of persons), but, as it were, covetousness hindered him. He saw and witnessed the great national revival in the ministry of Elisha, but got leprosy instead of anointing, a curse instead of blessings! One wonders if Gehazi wore the garments or spent the talents of silver he got from Naaman. Little wonder, covetousness is idolatry.

Gehazi's penchant for material things blindfolded him to the grave consequences of his craftiness. By choice, he exchanged divine favour for two talents of silver and two changes of garments. What a mistake! How could one exchange eternal blessings for earthly gains? For Gehazi, covetousness was his besetting sin. Yours may be pride as found in Absalom, immorality found in Samson, misuse of tongue found in Mariam, love of the world found in Demas, and rebellion against leaders as found in Korah and his company. Beloved, examine yourself. Ask God for cleansing from all sin.

Quote: "Beloved, examine yourself"

Chɑllenge: "Godliness with contentment is great gain"

Prɑyer: "Lord, please keep me from all sins and foolishness"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:09pm On Jul 23, 2020
Focus on watching.

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:27am On Jul 24, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY JULY 24, 2020

Jesus Loves Children
TEXT: Matthew 19:13-15

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto Me: For of such is the Kingdom of Heaven" (Matthew 19:14).

The popular children hymn writer, C. Herbert Woolston (1856 - 1927), says it all:

"Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world
Red, brown, yellow
Black and white
They are precious in His sight
Jesus loves the little children
Of the world."

God's great love for humanity, including young people, was revealed through the vicarious death of Jesus Christ on the cross at Calvary. Young people, like adults, also need to believe the gospel to be saved from sin and the judgment of God. Jesus rebuked His erring disciples who wanted to keep children away from Him. Jesus has great interest in the total wellbeing of young people; He healed and cured young people from sicknesses and cast out devils from those oppressed by evil spirits, and even laid His hands on them and blessed them.

Dear friend, do you love Him too? Then turn from your sins and accept Him as your Lord and Saviour, if you have not already done so. The day of salvation is now.

Quote: "Dear friend, do you love Him too?"

Chɑllenge: "Jesus died for you on the cross at Calvary"

Prɑyer: "Jesus, come into my heart today"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:04am On Jul 24, 2020
God is Omniscient.

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:10pm On Jul 25, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY JULY 25, 2020

Starvation For Sluggards
TEXT: 2 Thessalonians 3:6-15

"The sluggard will not plow by reason of the cold; therefore shall he beg in harvest, and have nothing" (Proverbs 20:4).

A sluggard is a person who is habitually lazy. An adage of a tribe in Nigeria says, "Only hard work will cure poverty." Many youngsters decry the general poverty and economic recession in many parts of the world. They blame their poor state on government policies, parental backgrounds or misfortunes through magical powers of enemies. Others say they are destined by God to fail in life. Bob Jones said, "God will not do for you what He has given you strength to do."

The Spirit of God counsels, "Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest" {Proverbs 6:6-8}. If ants could be diligent, you can do better. Lazy people eat from the crumbs that fall from the table of the diligent. You do not have to eat crumbs due to ignorance of your great potentials. Discover and develop your talents and explore your environmental potentials for your needed breakthrough. Go and work today.

Quote: "You do not have to eat crumbs"

Chɑllenge: "The cure for poverty is hard work"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me never to depend on others for my needs"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:48am On Jul 26, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY JULY 26, 2020

Message For Messengers
TEXT: Mark 16:15-20

"Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as My Father hath sent Me, even so send I you" (John 20:21).

Christ died and rose again! The gateway to full salvation is now open for all men. By His death, He paid for our sins. He fulfilled the Father's will and commanded all believers to go and proclaim the full gospel of salvation by faith in Him. Ignatius of Loyola said, "Teach us to serve thee as thou deserves: To give and not count the cost; To fight and not heed the wounds; To toil and not seek for rest; To labour and not ask for any reward save that of knowing that we do thy will."

Dear Christian, can you afford to be unconcerned when many unconverted youths around you are dying daily without knowing the Saviour? Can you keep quiet when many of your colleagues are given to drugs, immorality, occultism, ritual killing, and other forms of vices? Will you say you do not know that all who die without Christ will spend eternity in hell? Repent of your negligence and reach out with a sense of urgency and concern to rescue the perishing.

Quote: "Rescue the perishing"

Chɑllenge: "Can you be silent when people are dying without Christ?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me passion for souls"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
Truth conviction

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:13am On Jul 27, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY JULY 27, 2020

Lessons From The Lepers
TEXT: 2 Kings 7:8-16

"Then they said one to another, We do not well: this day is a day of good tidings, and we hold our peace...now therefore come, that we may go and tell the kings household" (2 Kings 7:9).

Leprosy, according to Webster's dictionary, is a chronic infectious disease caused by a myco-bacteria. Because of its infectious nature, lepers are usually kept away from living among people.

The lepers in our text did not have any better deal. They lived outside the gates of Samaria and were not to mix with fellow countrymen. Samaria at that time was under a siege by the Syrians. The result was severe famine in the city.

It was at this time that the lepers ventured into the Syrian camp and discovered abundant provision abandoned by the fleeing Syrian army. A perfect picture of God's mercy available for all unworthy sinners. Read Titus 2:11, 12; Ephesians 2:8, 9.

The lepers thought it inappropriate to celebrate when the king's house and Samaria languished in famine. Beloved, you do not well if you keep quiet when people around you perish in sin, ignorance, sickness and poverty.

You were saved by grace through faith and not of yourself. Have you shared the testimony of your conversion with your relations and friends? You do not well if you have not!

Quote: "You do not well if you keep quiet"

Chɑllenge: "You are saved to serve"

Prɑyer: "Lord Jesus, help me to reach friends and neighbours for You"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23am On Jul 27, 2020
Jesus is greater

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:33am On Jul 28, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY JULY 28, 2020

The Preeminence Of Christ
TEXT: Hebrews 1:1-14

"And He is the head of the body, the Church: Who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; That in all things He might have the preeminence" (Colossians 1:18).

A boxer once declared, "I am the greatest!" People in all ages have been declared the greatest in various fields. Go to the Hall of Fame in any country, be it in the field of literature, science, medicine, engineering, mathematics, music, education, military warfare, or religion, you would see men and women who made their marks as great achievers.

But, can anyone be compared with Jesus Christ in greatness? God spoke to the world by Him, "by whom also He made the worlds." Jesus is the greatest!

Hence, Napoleon Bonaparte said, "If Socrates would enter the room we should rise and do him honour. But if Jesus Christ came into the room we should fall down on our knees and worship Him."

Comparing Jesus with founders of other world religions is absurd, akin to comparing diamond with a piece of clay! Jesus is divine, others are human; Jesus is the Creator, others are His creatures.

By His unique conception, resurrection from the dead and ascension back to heaven, Jesus has proven His ability to save us from eternal damnation. Receive Him now.

Quote: "Jesus is the Creator, others are His creatures"

Chɑllenge: "Wouldn't you rather trust Jesus to save you?"

Prɑyer: "Father, help me to trust Jesus forever"

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.