Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels - Religion (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels (1389998 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by Splendor185: 5:42am On Jul 28, 2020
A showcase of finished and ongoing multimillion naira project by Ebonyi state governor (Dave Umahi)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v7W2vOYPMw
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18pm On Jul 28, 2020
Backslidden state.

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:57am On Jul 29, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY JULY 29, 2020

Kingdom Search
TEXT: Matthew 13:44-46

"But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33).

'Diamonds are for ever', people say. Why? Because diamonds are special pearls that never rust, wear, age, or otherwise depreciate in quality and/or essence. Thus, pearls are used by Christ in the Bible to portray an aspect of His kingdom (Matthew 13:44-46). Christ reveals that the kingdom of God is so precious that there is nothing we cannot sacrifice to obtain it. He told a young rich ruler who claimed to have been flawless in keeping the commandments of God and wanted to know the conditions of gaining eternal life, to go and sell all he had, give the money to the poor, and follow Him. The condition was too hard for the young but rich ruler. He left Jesus in sadness.

A carefree user of this devotional might think that all is well with his or her spiritual life. But wait for a moment. Are you searching for the kingdom? Have you given up sinful relationships? In your pilgrim baggage, are there prohibited items that will not allow you to go through heaven's gate? Are you born again? Check well!

Quote: "The kingdom of God is so precious"

Chɑllenge: "First things first, go for the kingdom now"

Prɑyer: "Oh God, I want to be among the saints"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY JULY 30, 2020

Robe Of Righteousness
TEXT: Revelation 19:1-9

"And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: For the fine linen is the righteousness of saints" (Revelation 19:8).

Symbolisms and allegories are variously used in the Bible to provide a veiled description of a much loftier concept and/or person. In Revelation 19:6-8, an allegory presents "the marriage supper of the Lamb...and his wife," referring to our Lord Jesus Christ (the Lamb), who would ultimately be united with His Church (wife), the body of saints. Thus, we have a clear interpretation of 'fine linen' - "righteousness of saints." The hymn writer echoed this theme in a stanza of his hymn, "Called Unto Holiness," thus:

"Called unto holiness," children of Light,
Walking with Jesus in garments of white;
Raiment unsullied, nor tarnished with sin,
God's Holy Spirit abiding within.

It is only "God's righteousness" (Romans 10:3), obtainable through repentance for sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Saviour, that clothes a person with the spiritual white linen. It is only those who possess this qualification at the point of death, or at rapture, that will make it to heaven. Wearing of physical white garments, without genuine salvation in Christ, is self-delusion. Do not allow any boy or girl, man or woman, make your white linen dirty.

Quote: "Fine linen - righteousness of saints"

Chɑllenge: "Wearing of white garments, without salvation, is self-delusion"

Prɑyer: "Father, clothe me with Your spiritual white linen"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18pm On Jul 30, 2020

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY JULY 31, 2020

Taming The Tongue
TEXT: James 23:39-43

"But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison" (James 3:8).

It was John C. Wynn who wisely stated, "There is many a home intact today because some things which were felt were never spoken." People who speak all their minds on every matter often create problems for themselves and others. Indeed, the tongue is so influential and words so powerful that the Bible says, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue" (Proverbs 18:21).

One of the two thieves, crucified alongside Jesus Christ, sealed his own eternal damnation by the wrong use of his tongue. The wiser thief, conversely, used his tongue more prudently, and procured himself eternal life, "...Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom," he pleaded. Jesus replied, "Today shalt thou be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:39-43).

Understanding our limitations, God offers to "circumcise thine heart" to empower you with "newness of life" (Deuteronomy 30:6; Romans 6:4). This 'heart surgery' happens when you repent of your sins and receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. Consequently, your tongue would become tamed by the Spirit of God and empowered to produce life continually.

Quote: "Death and life are in the power of the tongue"

Chɑllenge: "The fewer the words, the fewer the mistakes"

Prɑyer: "Help me, Lord, to submit myself for divine heart surgery"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:15am On Jul 31, 2020
Words of anger and unbelief

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:11am On Aug 01, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY AUGUST 01, 2020

The Determined David
TEXT: 1 Samuel 17:22-52

"And David said to Saul, Let no mans heart fail because of him; thy servant will go and fight with this Philistine" (1 Samuel 17:32).

Karen E. Quinones Miller powerfully declared, "When someone tells me 'no', it doesn't mean I can't do it, it simply means I can't do it with them." What an apt quote for our devotion today!

Indeed, Saul and the entire army of Israel could not join David on that seemingly impossible mission of confronting Goliath. Little wonder, then, "...Saul said to David, Thou art not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him: for thou art but a youth, and he a man of war from his youth" (1 Samuel 17:33).

Despite discouragement, David passionately pursued his dream to a logical conclusion - and then he became a champion! Similarly, you too can prevail in secular or spiritual pursuits, if you ignore discouragements of all sorts!

Is anybody discouraging you about any school subject or a course you are interested in and have the aptitude for? Like David, just ignore them, trust in God and work harder; your success is sure. Ruth also had her fair share of discouragement, but her determination saw her through to an enduring triumph.

Quote: "Trust in God and work harder; your success is sure"

Chɑllenge: "Ignore discouragements and achieve your dream"

Prɑyer: "Father, empower me for all round success"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:43pm On Aug 01, 2020

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:33am On Aug 02, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY AUGUST 02, 2020

The Downfall Of Dagon
TEXT: 1 Samuel 5:1-6

"And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the LORD. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again" (1 Samuel 5:3).

According to Francis Frangipane, "The greatest battle that was ever won was accomplished by the apparent death of the victor, without even a word of rebuke to His adversary!"

The Ark of Covenant, representing the presence of God, was captured in war, and was carried into the house of Dagon, the god of the Philistines. By next morning, Dagon had fallen before the Ark, signifying the victory of Jesus Christ over Satan. Although "they took Dagon, and set him in his place again," yet "when they arose early on the morrow morning, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face" again!

You will certainly keep falling back into sin except you meet Jesus. He is waiting. If you are born again and some enemies are trying to make you afraid, remember, He that is in you (Jesus), is greater than he that is in the world.

Are they occultists, mermaid spirits, and witchdoctors? Fear not, you have overcome them by the blood of the Lamb, the Word of God and the name of Jesus. All demons will fall before you.

Quote: "Fear not; you have overcome them"

Chɑllenge: "Permanent victory comes only through Jesus"

Prɑyer: "Hold me, Lord, lest I fall"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2020
Don't contradict the Word of God

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:49am On Aug 03, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY AUGUST 03, 2020

The Example Of Enoch
TEXT: Psalm 15:1-5

"And Enoch walked with God: And he was not; for God took him" (Genesis 5:24).

When heated to the boiling point of 100 degrees Celsius, water transits from its original liquid state into gas. The molecules that first reach that point would evaporate, leaving behind those molecules that are yet to attain similar status.

Similarly, holiness lifts a child of God out of the influence of sin and Satan, into the glorious image and likeness of God. This is the status that Enoch attained, and so, God "took him." Thus, the boiling point of a liquid is comparable to the threshold in spirituality which a person attains and his/her will perfectly merges with God's.

The first step in this transformational direction is repentance for sin, which brings salvation through Jesus Christ. Relating closely with God from this point leads to advancement in godliness, which distinguishes us from the world.

Would you dwell with God in His holy hill? Well, that is for, "He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart." Wouldn't you like to stand out? Enoch stood out in his generation. You can stand out too in your school and community.

Quote: "You can stand out too in your school"

Chɑllenge: "Wouldn't you like to stand out?"

Prɑyer: "Father, please help me to grow in grace consistently"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:59pm On Aug 03, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY AUGUST 04, 2020

The Just Joseph
TEXT: Genesis 39:1-9

"But the LORD was with Joseph, and shewed him mercy, and gave him favour in the sight of the keeper of the prison" (Genesis 39:21).

In his book, _Salvation, Health and Prosperity, Dr. David Yonggi Cho said, "The Roman Empire declined in spite of her splendid civilization, as a result of moral laxity and the pursuit of pleasure. Today, a large number of people seek moments of pleasure in sex, alcohol and drugs, but all they get for their efforts is extreme emotional instability and a state of stupor."

Joseph was, reportedly, a teenager when he was sold into slavery in Egypt. Confronted with incredible pressure from amorous Potiphar's wife to commit fornication, Joseph "refused, and said...how can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?" (Genesis 39:8, 9).

Can your life match Joseph's faithfulness to God? Immorality and perversion of all sorts have become effective tools in the hand of the Devil for destruction of young souls, both in the world and inside the Church.

Unlike Joseph, many young people quickly turn their backs on Christ and compromise their faith immediately they leave home, away from the watchful eyes of parents and Christian leaders, for further studies or other reasons. Be like Joseph!

Quote: "Be like Joseph"

Chɑllenge: "Would you resist the Devil, like Joseph?"

Prɑyer: "O God, enable me to resist sin and Satan"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:34pm On Aug 04, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 05, 2020

The Love Of The Lord
TEXT: Romans 5:1-10

"As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste" (Song Of Solomon 2:3).

Tim & Beverly Lahaye wrote, "Love is like electricity - you can't see it, but you recognize the results of it." The actions of love prove love. There is a true love and selfish love (lust). Christians should manifest true love, the God-kind of love (agape love) to all. God loves without conditions: He cares for and saves the vilest sinners.

The entire book of Song of Solomon in the Bible is an allegory, a love story featuring two symbolic figures, a man and a woman. These symbolic figures represent Jesus Christ, The Groom, and His bride, the congregation of Blood-washed saints, the Church!

In our study, the bride extols her groom for his uniqueness, comparing it to the distinctiveness of "the apple among the trees of the wood." In other words, the love of Jesus Christ for His Church is matchless, "For scarcely for a righteous man will one die...But...while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" {Romans 5:6-8}. It is this unparalleled love Jesus offers to all. Accept Jesus' love offer.

Quote: "The love of Jesus Christ for His Church is matchless"

Chɑllenge: "Would you accept the offer of Christ's love?"

Prɑyer: "Help me, LORD, to accept your offer of salvation"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:11pm On Aug 05, 2020
Book Of Life

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY AUGUST 6, 2020

The Master's Meal
TEXT: John 4:31-39

"Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent Me, and to finish His work" (John 4:34).

According to Medindia, food is necessary for the growth and maintenance of the human body. Similarly, the words of Christ in our text underscores the necessity of pursuing growth and development of our souls through unflinching engagement in the work of the LORD. The great American evangelist, Billy Graham, said, "The highest form of worship is the worship of unselfish Christian service. The greatest form of praise is the sound of consecrated feet seeking out the lost and hopeless." Saints of old placed high premium on soul winning. Beyond duty, it was their food, their life.

Ministering to the Samaritan woman was far more important to Christ than the physical food His disciples had brought for Him. If we profess Christ, His priorities should be ours; our will should be perfectly subsumed in His. Thus, those who truly love Jesus should derive more satisfaction from doing the work of God than pursuing material wealth at the expense of a robust spiritual life. Where lies your sense of fulfilment? In material wealth or the Master's kind of meal?

Quote: "Saints of old placed high premium on soul winning"

Chɑllenge: "Where lies your fulfilment? In material wealth?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, please grant me strong hunger for the Master's meal"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:42am On Aug 07, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY AUGUST 07, 2020

The Meek Moses
TEXT: Numbers 12:1-9

"Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth" (Numbers 12:3).

Merriam Webster dictionary defines the word 'meek' as "enduring injury with patience and without resentment." Meekness was obviously an indispensable requirement for anyone who could attempt the excellent job that Moses did in leading Israel out of Egyptian bondage into the land of promise.

From the stubborn-hearted Pharaoh, with his numerous provocative machinations, to the stiff-necked Israelites and their unceasing mischiefs, Moses patiently endured injury without resentment.

Only the grace of God can transform a soul and equip him/her with Christ-like character traits that overcome the world. Even the vilest sinners, who willingly repent of their sins and accept Jesus as personal Lord and Saviour, would be transformed into lovely saints.

Have you been trying to be gentle and endure insults hauled at you by your siblings, school mates and neighbours, yet you burst into feats of temper? Did Moses fight back when his older siblings provoked him?

The same God who changed Moses can change you. You can earn divine commendation like Moses. Take the first step today; turn away from your sins and embrace the meek and lowly Jesus.

Quote: "The same God who changed Moses can change you"

Chɑllenge: "You too can earn divine commendation."

Prɑyer: "O God, help me to access your grace today"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:40pm On Aug 07, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY AUGUST 8, 2020

The Peril Of Impenitence
TEXT: Romans 2:1-11

"But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God" (Romans 2:5).

Various signs of backsliding began manifesting in the life of a young teenager who was truly converted and served the Lord faithfully. Several church leaders lovingly tried their very best to recover her, but she rebuffed all the attempts and eventually left the church. A few years later, this teenager reportedly contracted HIV through the immoral lifestyle she embraced after rejecting Jesus Christ, her Saviour.

Impenitence can attract personal, family and national calamities. Questioned on why God allowed certain calamities befalling America, Anne Graham replied, "I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our Government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out."

Many youths have ruined their lives, truncated their bright future, and even ruined their eternal destiny, primarily for letting their impenitent hearts mislead them. Yield your heart to Jesus, as a sinner, and He will save you.

Quote: "Yield your heart to Jesus"

Chɑllenge: "Shun impenitence; submit to Master Jesus today."

Prɑyer: "Father, deliver me from the clutch of impenitence"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:34pm On Aug 07, 2020
Jesus is greater.

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:53pm On Aug 09, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY AUGUST 9, 2020

The Prayer Of Hannah
TEXT: 1 Samuel 2:9-18

"And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation" (1 Samuel 2:1).

On prayer, Dr. Nelson Bell wrote, "Actually, prayer is a two-way communication between God and us. Our prayer should not be an arrangement of stilted phrases, but natural conversation as one would talk to a loved one."

Hannah's prayer is a classic by various standards. It was a silent, yet effective prayer, from a sorrowful and burdened heart of a barren woman. Instructively, Hannah's prayer was inspired by the frequent taunting from 'her adversary,' Peninnah.

In other words, if Peninnah did not play the devil's advocate, regularly mocking Hannah because of her barrenness, Hannah would, probably, not have embarked on this classic prayer that produced Prophet Samuel!

Often, we fail to identify and exploit rare opportunities because they initially look like affliction or adversity. Rather than throw up our hands in despair and surrender, we should frontally confront challenges of life with unceasing prayer. And we shall soon celebrate our victory, like Hannah. If you have any discouraging condition in your life, family or academics, take it to God in prayer.

Quote: "Confront challenges of life with unceasing prayer"

Chɑllenge: "Frontally confront your challenges and see them bow."

Prɑyer: "O Lord, strengthen me to prayerfully turn afflictions into joy"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:04am On Aug 10, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY AUGUST 10, 2020

The Righteous Of The Righteous
TEXT: Matthew 18:18-20

"Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: And whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven" (Matthew 18:18).

A preacher once told an illustrative story of an indigent traveller whose transatlantic voyage was fully paid by a philanthropist. Unaware that his ticket was all-inclusive, the naive traveller politely turned down invitations to join others at meal times.

It took a curious and concerned co-traveller to unravel the truth: the indigent traveller was secretly feeding on cabin biscuits inside his cabin because he thought he would be required to pay for the meals! It was like the proverbial situation of being by the riverside but washing one's hands with spittle.

Similarly, many Christians are travelling heavenward, yet, too ignorant to wield the fullness of grace which God has provided for our comfort and victorious living. Many endure infirmities, afflictions, intimidations by agents of darkness, rather than exercising the dominion we have in Christ Jesus.

In our Church, we have seen young people and adults set free from long-standing challenges of poor academic performance, sickness, bedwetting, and demonic attacks. You too can be healed and delivered. It is your right; demand it.

Quote: "You too can be healed and delivered"

Chɑllenge: "Exercise your full rights in Christ and prevail."

Prɑyer: "Father, open my eyes to see my privileges in Christ"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:28am On Aug 12, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY AUGUST 11, 2020

Who Knows Tomorrow?
TEXT: James 4:13-17

"Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain" (James 4:13).

The Bible aptly describes life as "...a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away" (James 4:14). Someone wrote, "Those who died yesterday had plans for this morning. And those who died this morning had plans for tonight. Don't take life for granted."

This is quite instructive. Life, as we know it on this planet earth, is designed by the Creator to be brief and uncertain, to enable mankind retrace its step back to the Creator, through repentance for sins and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Saviour. Everything else is largely superfluous! The lyrics of the third stanza of the hymn by Alison Maria Krauss underscores our theme:

Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand,
But I know who holds tomorrow,
And I know who holds my hand.

While deluded souls embrace fleshly lusts and youthful exuberance at the expense of their souls, the wise ones anchor their lives to Jesus, knowing the uncertainty of tomorrow.

Quote: "Those who died yesterday had plans for this morning"

Chɑllenge: "Is your life anchored on Jesus?"

Prɑyer: "Father, help me to anchor my life on Jesus"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47am On Aug 12, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 12, 2020

A Merchant For The Messiah
TEXT: Acts 16:10-15

"And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: Whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul" (Acts 16:14).

According to Randy Alcorn, "Abundance isn't God's provision for me to live in luxury. It's His provision for me to help others live. God entrusts me with His money not to build my kingdom on earth, but to build His kingdom in heaven." Many notable career men and women have committed their resources - money, material and talents, to the service of God and humanity. Wealthy businessmen, just as medical doctors, professors and engineers, have no choice but to render services to God on conversion. Most beautiful of all, however, are testimonies of young people like Mary Slessor and Billy Graham who, after salvation, served Christ until death.

Lydia, in our text, represents a good example of true Christians who would not be distracted by worldly possessions. Though gainfully engaged in a lucrative business, Lydia also "worshipped God" sincerely with her substance and, in return, "the Lord opened" her heart to the gospel. Our privileges and opportunities in life, and families' wealths or status, should not hinder us from serving God acceptably; they should, instead, be used to advance the kingdom of God on earth.

Quote: "Lydia also worshipped God"

Chɑllenge: "Invest your resources to advance God's kingdom"

Prɑyer: "Father, teach me to use Your provisions to serve You"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:12pm On Aug 12, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY AUGUST 13, 2020

Crucified With Christ
TEXT: Galatians 2:15-21

"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: And the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:20).

Evangelist Billy Graham posed a question and gave the answer. He said, "Why is it that the cross has become the symbol of Christianity? It is because at the cross, Jesus purchased our redemption and provided a righteousness which we could not ourselves earn."

Jesus willingly yielded His body for crucifixion, God's mysterious means of elimination of heart depravity, which humans inherited from the fall of Adam. Subsequently, Jesus resurrected "by the glory of the Father" (Romans 6:4), is exalted above this world of sin.

All, therefore, who willingly yield their lives to Him, shall be similarly "crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed." This is the only means whereby we may achieve true freedom from sin and manifest the righteousness of God.

None would be saved from eternal damnation who has not been 'crucified' with Jesus. This requires sincere repentance for sin and requesting Jesus to come into our lives.

The crucified is not idle and insulated from society. Rather, he is busy for the Master, overcoming trials and temptations, and helping the helpless. Are you crucified with Christ?

Quote: "Manifest the righteousness of Christ"

Chɑllenge: "Have you been crucified with Christ?"

Prɑyer: "Father, lead me to the cross for crucifixion"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:57am On Aug 14, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, AUGUST 14, 2020

Dare To Be A Daniel
TEXT: Daniel 1:8-16

"But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor the wine which he drank: Therefore, he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself" (Daniel 1:8).

The late Steve Jobs of Apple fame said, "Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become" Indeed, men like Joseph, David and Daniel did not just follow their hearts and intuitions, but they took actions based on the word of God in their hearts. Daniel was, reportedly only a teenage captive Jew in a foreign land, Babylon, when he was selected, along with other youth for a special training. But he courageously 'stepped out of the crowd' and rejected a free offer of sumptuous meals from King Nebuchadnezzar's table, preferring rather to uphold holiness than to enjoy the treasures of wickedness for a while. Consequently, we are learning from Daniel's example today.

Does your godly heart or your good conscience approve of your actions? In many parts of the world today, teenagers are encouraged to engage in fornication. The internet, radio and television are helping to project these warped ideas to the young, thereby polluting their pure hearts. As for you, God's child, reject these evil counsels, and follow God's word.

Quote: "Reject these evil counsels"

Chɑllenge: "Dare to follow your gospel-convicted heart"

Prɑyer: "Father, help me to use my courage at the right time"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:06pm On Aug 14, 2020
Yoruba Bible

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY AUGUST 15, 2020

Partiality Forbidden
TEXT: James 2:1-11

"My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons" (James 2:1).

Partiality means being biased, unfairly preferring one person or thing to another. Partiality divided the family of Isaac into two with Isaac loving his first son, Esau, who prepared great dishes with 'bush meat' for him. Rebekah, Isaac's wife, on the other hand preferred Jacob, Esau's younger twin brother. Also, Jacob's partiality in love for Joseph fuelled the hatred of his ten elder brothers who sold him to some Egyptians. God warned Israel not to deny any eldest son his birthright of inheritance (Deuteronomy 21:15-17).

Our Bible text of today calls for equality in treatment of people in the church because we are all brethren. That a person is poor does not make him inferior to the rich. Discrimination on the basis of tribe, race or colour of the skin are all against God's commandment. As a youth, you must avoid partiality. Give honour and respect to all. Do unto them as you wish them do unto you. Do not cause division in your family, school or community. Be God-like. God loves all. We all have the same Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Quote: "Give honour and respect to all"

Chɑllenge: "Partiality breeds enmity; equality is love"

Prɑyer: "O Lord, purge me from all forms of partiality"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY AUGUST 16, 2020

Let Us Honour Leadership
TEXT: Exodus 17:1-7

"Wherefore the people did chide with Moses, and said, Give us water that we may drink. And Moses said unto them, Why chide ye with me? Wherefore do ye tempt the LORD?" (Exodus 17:2).

In an article titled, "Honouring Spiritual Leadership," John Ally describes honour as "the lifeblood of community and relationships." But he regrets that honour has been replaced with dead attitudes and opinions which only help to destroy the church and pull down its common life into pride, faint praise, and cynicism. The Scripture emphasises the need to "Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine" (1 Timothy 5:17).

There is, therefore, an important place for honour in the Body of Christ, and doubly important towards spiritual leadership. Though Israel chided with Moses, you should respect and honour leaders over you, especially in the church; you must understand them, and willingly share and participate in their visions and work. Honour is not honour unless it is practical. We must help to meet their needs, and most importantly carry the burden of prayer for them. By properly honouring your leaders in your actions, words and attitude, you add value to them in other ways.

Quote: "Honour is not honour unless it is practical"

Chɑllenge: "Is there anything that makes you dishonour leadership?"

Prɑyer: "Dear God, remove every disrespectful attitude from me"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:51am On Aug 16, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
Yoruba Bible

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY AUGUST 17, 2020

Pray For Undeserving People
TEXT: Acts 7:54-60

"And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep" (Acts 7:60).

A man recently saved the assailant of his son from death in a Middle East country. It was just some minutes for the criminal to be executed according to the law of the country. The law allows for total pardon for the criminal if the parents of the deceased could show clemency. And that was what the bereaved father did for the murderer of his son to go free. What a mercy to the undeserving!

The verse above shows a practical example of this attribute in the life of Stephen. It is an admonition to all Christians not only to forgive their persecutors and enemies, but also to pray for their salvation. Our Lord commands us to pray for our undeserving enemies. He also forgave and prayed for His accusers and murderers on the cross. Christians are to demonstrate this excellent virtue of forgiveness when offended. True Christians should not pray for the death and destruction of their persecutors. They are to forgive them and intercede for their deliverance from sin and satanic influence. God is not willing that our persecutors should perish.

Quote: "God is not willing that our persecutors should perish"

Chɑllenge: "We are commanded to pray for our foes"

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me grace to pray for my enemies"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:39am On Aug 17, 2020

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:53pm On Aug 18, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY AUGUST 18, 2020

Condemnable Criticisms
TEXT: Numbers 12:1-8

"And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married...And they said, Hath the LORD indeed spoken only by Moses? Hath He not spoken also by us? And the LORD heard it" (Numbers 12:1a, 2).

There is a notable difference between helping somebody to be fulfilled and making somebody to fail or fall down. While good counsel achieves the first purpose, the aim of negative criticism is to condemn and pull down. Criticism is the act of judging unfavourably or an act of fault finding. It has to do with attacking somebody's character and personality. Miriam's intention was not to counsel her younger brother, Moses, but to judge and challenge his authority and leadership. Most criticisms are done out of jealousy. The Bible forbids believers from speaking evil of their leaders, whether spiritual or secular leaders.

Christian youths should not copy the ungodly among whom they dwell to criticise and find faults with their leaders. A learner that criticises his instructor will not benefit much from him. So, the youths that listen to gospel messages with the aim of finding faults will not be blessed of the Lord. For Miriam's criticism of God's servant, she was afflicted with leprosy. She was banished from the camp of Israel temporarily before God delivered her through Moses' intercessory prayer. Are you a fault finder like Miriam?

Quote: "Most criticisms are done out of jealousy"

Chɑllenge: "Criticism closes a learner's mind to knowledge"

Prɑyer: "Sanctify my tongue, Lord"

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.