Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker - Religion (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker (1387357 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:54am On Nov 25, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2017

FAITHFUL CHILDREN GAIN FAVOURS
TEXT: HOSEA 11:1

"When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called My son out of Egypt" (Hosea 11:1).

God is faithful and we appreciate this fact when we pray. We like to deal with a God who does what He says and gives what He promises. We also like to deal with people who are reliable and dependable. We want to deal with faithful men and women. God expects faithfulness in his children. Faithfulness is one of the characteristics of the fruit of the Spirit. It is an essential feature of the new creation.

It pays to be faithful. Think of Joseph, the son of Jacob. He was faithful at home and abroad. While a slave in Potiphar's house and a prisoner in Egyptian jail, he remained dependable and reliable. And he was honoured by God. Moses was faithful in all God's house and God spoke with him mouth to mouth. Daniel was faithful in Babylon and he was greatly favoured.

Faithfulness is not optional. It is expected and demanded. We show God our faithfulness by being obedient to His command and committed to His Will.

Challenge: "Faithful Daniel was favoured"

Prayer: "I will be faithful to you, O Lord my God."

Quote: "Faithfulness is not optional"

Bible Reading in one Year: Psalm 106: 1-6

See more here:

Faithful children gain favours.
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:38pm On Nov 25, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2018

TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEART
TEXT: MARK 7:15-23

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life" (Proverbs 4:23).

The heart is so important as the centre of human activity that the Bible confirmed that, "for out of it are the issues of life." The heart is not only referring to the physical pump, arteries and veins which carry blood to and from all parts of the body. It is the centre of emotions and thoughts, both of evil and good. As we cannot live physically healthy without a healthy heart, so is it impossible to live a holy life without a purified heart. Our text warns, "Keep thy heart with all diligence..."

How is your heart today? What thoughts do you feed your heart with, good or evil? What of your feelings? Do you have love for God and other people or are you resentful and easily provoked? Do you harbour immoral thoughts in your heart? Remember that the Bible is the mirror that shows the condition of your heart. Read it daily, meditate on it, obey it, and pray always. In this way, you will keep your heart free from anxiety and pure for the Lord.

Chɑllenge: "Never allow anything unholy in your heart."

Prɑyer: "Search me Lord and purge my heart of all evil."

Quote: "Keep your heart pure."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Mark 7:15-23; Philippians 4:8

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35pm On Nov 26, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2018

HEAVENLY HELPER

"My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth" (Psalm 121:2).

Man can help you from time to time but not all the time. God is your most dependable Helper. David in Psalm 121:2 acknowledged this heavenly Helper. We recall the biblical account of a boy in the parable of 'The prodigal son' (Luke 15:1-23). He compelled his father to prematurely give him the portion of his inheritance. Thereafter, he travelled to a far country, away from the watchful eyes of his parents, and in no time, squandered all his substance. He became a destitute and greatly in need of even food. He sought help from a rich man of that country, but received none. He humbly returned home, confessed his sins and received pardon and restoration from God and his father.

As a Christian youth, who has been your helper? Have you always received help from him/her each time you requested for help? No human helper is an alternative to God. God is the ultimate supplier of all you need; be it academic, physical, social, emotional or spiritual. Trust Him with all your heart, and seek Him always for "grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16).

Chɑllenge: "Human help is limited."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to depend on you always."

Quote: "God is your Helper."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Psalm 121:1-8

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:10pm On Nov 27, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2018

A GENEROUS GIVER

"There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many?" (John 6:9).

Are you always available and ready to help those in need? You learn a lesson from the lad referred to in our text today. This young lad was identified among the multitude that assembled to hear Jesus in the wilderness. Youth boy/girl, where do you normally go to? Are you always found among God's people? Do you love Jesus and fellowship with Him and other Christians? The lad was not only present but had something to give. He willingly surrendered what he had for the benefit of others. He did not withhold it. Do you know that you too have something that you can give to God and His people? What do you do with your God-given talents?

Beloved, do not hoard your gifts from God and His people. Except you use your talents, they will remain dormant. You can help as a Christian youth worker in your local church and school fellowship. Some units like ushering, choir, evangelism, intercession, visiting, and electronics are in dire need of you. Remember also to give your tithe and offering as God blesses you.

Chɑllenge: "Offer something to God and receive His best."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to surrender my all to You."

Quote: "You can give to others."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 2 Kings 4:42-44

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:12pm On Nov 28, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 28,2018

I CAN DO SPIRIT
TEXT: MATTHEW 19:26

"But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible" (Matthew 19:26).

If you are a Christian, it means God's your Father. You must then approach your Heavenly Father with faith and confidence of a son or daughter. Without faith, it is impossible to please God. Gallant youths, are champions who see challenges as opportunities for advancement. They confront every challenge with courage, and are not afraid to take risks. For them, success does not come on a platter of gold. As champions, they venture into the uncommon and excel. The mediocre youths are afraid to do the spectacular.

Who are you? A mediocre with an "impossibility" mentality or a champion with a "possibility" mentality? If you are a mediocre, from now, reject mediocrity. Begin to operate as a champion. Our text says that ".... with God all things are possible." Ask God for the "I can do spirit." Think big and attempt difficult life challenges. You can. Your dream will change as you walk the road of excellence. To remain a champion, surrender yourself and your future to God and surely He will climb the ladder of excellence with you.

Chɑllenge: "Be a champion, you can."

Prɑyer: "Lord, please give me the courage of a champion."

Quote: "Reject mediocrity."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Daniel 2:13-28;3:34

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:30am On Nov 29, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2017

CANDIDATES FOR GOD'S KINGDOM
TEXT: MATTHEW 7:21

"Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 7:21).

A person who seeks to be a student of an institution of higher learning must fulfill certain conditions. It is expected that candidates seeking admission into a university, must have credit passes at the ordinary level in a number of school subjects, such as Mathematics. Jesus Christ the Son of God reveals that candidates for the kingdom of God must fulfill some conditions. Religious activities like calling Christ, Lord, regular attendance at church service etc. without genuine experience of salvation would not qualify a person for God's kingdom. According to C. H. Spurgeon, "The most important question concerning any man living is this: Is he a saved soul or not? Is he a child of God or an heir of wrath?"

The Lord expects all who seek to be candidates for His kingdom to: (1) Recognize they are sinners and cannot save themselves (2) Receive Him by faith into their hearts as Lord and Saviour and (3) Remain in daily victory over sin. Until you do these, you are not yet a candidate for God's Kingdom. Surely, surely: you must be born again?

Challenge: "Accept Christ's salvation and become a candidate today!"

Prayer: "Oh God, keep me clean for your kingdom in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Surely, surely: you must be born again"

Bible Reading in one Year: John 3:1 - 3

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:21am On Nov 29, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 29, 2018

BRAVO BROTHER!
TEXT: MATTHEW 25:14-23

"His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord" (Matthew 25:21).

"Bravo" is a world commonly used to express approval, especially of a performance. When you are given an assignment and you do it well, somebody can say to you: "bravo" brother or sister. As a youth, how often do you receive 'well done' at the end of a task, whether at home, school, in the church or among your friends? 'well done' is a reward for faithfulness or excellent performance at a given task. It comes mainly at the end of the task.

As a student, study faithfully to receive a 'well done' at the end of your course. As an apprentice or a worker, learn faithfully to receive a 'well done.' The greatest 'well done' comes from God at the end of life to those who are born again and live for Him. If you have not surrendered your life to Christ, do so now just repent of your sins, accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, and you will be sure of hearing a 'well done' from the Master at the end.

Chɑllenge: "Be diligent in all you do."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to be faithful in all my undertakings."

Quote: "Greatest 'well done' comes from God."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Proverbs 22:29

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:59pm On Nov 30, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2018

GIFT OF GOD
TEXT: MATTHEW 25:14-23

"Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee..." (2 Timothy 1:6).

In his book Tough Times Never last But Tough People Do, Robert H. Schuller cleverly stated, "The diamonds are deep in the earth, pearls are concealed in oysters. The gold has to be carefully mined. Your real talent dwells deep down within you, and you may not have discovered it yet." God has deposited in us gifts. He wants us to use them to serve Him. It is easy to leave them dormant due to ignorance, fear of failure, or lack of self-confidence. Apostle Paul had to challenge Timothy to stir up the gift of God in him, else the purpose of endowing him with it would be defeated.

This is very instructive. As a young boy or girl, you must use your gifts to serve God. Improve them with constant practice, study, research, hard work and prayers. Do not live below your potentials. The founders of Google, Facebook and some other social media were young men. The world-renowned sportsmen and women, as well as musicians and writers, applied their talents early in life. The grace of God will see you through.

Chɑllenge: "Use your gift to glorify God."

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord to recognize and use my gift."

Quote: "You must use the gifts."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Jeremiah 1: 4-12

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:47am On Dec 01, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2018

THE SECRET OF GREATNESS
TEXT: EPHESIANS 1:19

"And what is the exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of His mighty power" (Ephesians 1:19).

The French writer, Alexis de Tocque-ville once said, "I sought for the greatness of the United States in her commodious harbours, her ample rivers, her fertile fields, and boundless forests -- and it was not there. I sought for it in her rich mines, her vast world commerce, her public school system, and in her institutions of higher learning and it was not there. l looked for it in her democratic Congress and her matchless Constitution - and it was not there. Not until I went into the churches of America and heard her pulpits flame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power. If America stops to be good, it will cease to be great!" This is a powerful statement.

Instead of seeking salvation and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord, many people, including youths, get into the rush for pleasure, and lose touch with righteousness and faith in God for the good life. Greatness comes from God. Let His power work in you to spur you to greatness.

Chɑllenge: "Stay In constant touch with the source of genuine life."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to make righteousness my way of life."

Quote: "Greatness comes from God."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 1 Chronicles 29:11-12

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:26pm On Dec 02, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2018

HIS MERCY
TEXT: PSALM 85:6, 7

"Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee? Shew us thy mercy, O Lord, and grant us thy salvation" (Psalm 85:6, 7).

Dr J. Elder Cumming contended that, "in almost every case the beginning of a new blessing is a new revelation of the character of God more beautiful, more wonderful more precious." Revival refers to the visitation of God which awakens Christians who have been sleeping. It stirs up a deep sense of God's presence and holiness.

Are you a sleeping youth? Check up your spiritual life. You can only experience revival when you love the gospel and allow the presence of God to overwhelm you. Make sure you grow into Christian maturity and true holiness. Most importantly, make sure revival is a regular phenomenon in your life. Do not let the wickedness in the society overwhelm you to dampen your spirit. If it does, pray fervently and revival will come again. Note that revival empowers the Church to impact society positively.

Chɑllenge: "The fruit of revival is greater love for God."

Prɑyer: "Lord, get me out of slumber through genuine revival."

Quote: "Revival empowers the Church to impact society."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: John 6:63

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2018

ANOINTING FOR GOD'S WORK
TEXT: EXODUS 35:31-35

"And he hath filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, and knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship" (Exodus 35:31).

Someone said, "Wisdom is better than strength." This is quite true. Have you heard of the gifted man called Bezaleel, the son of Uri of the tribe of Judah? This man was filled with God's infinite or unlimited wisdom to do all manners of work. Beza feel was a child of God and on this basis, God gave him the Spirit of wisdom to do what he did. When God filled Bezaleel with His Spirit, he became more creative in all that can be designed, refined, manufactured or built. That anointing also helped Joseph to successfully control the economy of Egypt during seven years of global famine.

You too can be filled with God's Spirit to do great exploits in divers professions, if you ask Him out of a pure heart (James 3:13, 17). However, you can only possess God's unlimited resources if you surrender your life to Christ and come into a close relationship with Him today. He will give you wisdom, understanding and knowledge as He gave to Bezaleel.

Chɑllenge: "God's wisdom is for all those who seek and obey Him."

Prɑyer: "God, fill me with this anointing for awesome exploit."

Quote: "You too can be filled with God's Spirit."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Exodus 35:31-35

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:37am On Dec 04, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2018

WAIT
TEXT: HEBREWS 12:1-3

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31).

Impatience, like anger, is one of man's seven basic character flaws or "dark" personality traits. All humans have the potential to be impatient, but for those with a strong fear of missing out, impatience can become a dominant pattern. Impatience is usually defined as: irritation with anything that causes delay; a restless desire for change and excitement. To be impatient is to feel and show hostility towards (or at least about) things which delay one's goals. Hear what this person declared, "God is never in a hurry but spends years with those He expects to greatly use. He never thinks the days of preparation too long or too dull."

Waiting on God is neither laziness nor idleness. This is not the abandonment of efforts. It means to wait for your expectations to be realized. Learn to be patient. Look on the brighter side of life. That admission for further studies will come. The success you desire will become a reality. Wait on the Lord.

Chɑllenge: "Relax! Be patient!"

Prɑyer: "Lord, destroy any tendencies to impatience in me."

Quote: "God is never in a hurry."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Hebrews 12:1-3

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:10am On Dec 05, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Higher Everyday
MONDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2017

CONFESSION OF THE COURAGEOUS
TEXT: DANIEL 3:17

"If it be so our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us out of thine hand, O king" (Daniel 3:17).

"It is often so with us; when the winds are out and the storms are raging there is plenty of fear, but there is no danger. We may be much tossed, but we are quite safe, for we have an anchor of the soul both sure and steadfast..." Spurgeon, a great revivalist of his time, in this quote submits that the Christian race comes with challenges. If we stand firm, the same God who rescued these three Hebrew men from the hand of the blood thirsty and arrogant King Nebuchadnezzar will also rescue us.

We must always remember that God is very close to us no matter the problems, afflictions, trials and persecutions in our way. In fact those negative circumstances are gate ways to break throughs in our lives. The three Hebrew men in our text were able to confess positively because they knew God well. You must go to God through Christ for this experience and you too can confess with courage.

Challenge: "We may be much tossed, but we are quite safe"

Prayer: "Help me to stand for you, oh God."

Quote: "The Christian race comes with challenges"

Bible Reading in one Year: Romans 8.31-39

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:19pm On Dec 05, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2018

APPROPRIATE TIME
TEXT: HEBREWS 12:1-3

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven" (Ecclesiastes 3:1).

Time and tide wait for no man, "is a common phrase which underscores the need for all youths to take time management very seriously. Do an evaluation of how you spend your time to ensure that you are not wasting away. It is common among youths to spend their time in activities that negate the accomplishment of the success and achievements they desire. Social media, and browsing internet sites, as well as computer games and home videos, have become subtle means by which the devil steals the time of youths. According to Thomas Edison, "Time is not a commodity that can be stored for future use. It must be invested hour by hour, or else it is gone forever."

Don't be a victim. Be wise! Life is brief, therefore, make the best use of it in the days of your youth. Each minute is a gift of God that cannot be recovered, if wasted. You must use your time wisely to succeed in life, advance the Kingdom of Christ and to enhance your relationship with Him here on earth.

Chɑllenge: "God does not want you to waste away your brief time on earth."

Prɑyer: "God, help me to use my time with heaven in view."

Quote: "Use your time wisely."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: James 4: 14

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:43am On Dec 06, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2018

WORLD OF FANTASIES
TEXT: GALATIANS 5:26

"Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another" (Galatians 5:26).

Tennis star, Boris Becker, was at the very top of the tennis world – yet he wanted to commit suicide. He said, "I had won Wimbledon twice before, once as the youngest player. I was rich. I had all the material possessions I needed ... It's the old song of movie stars and pop stars who commit suicide. They have everything, and yet they are so unhappy. I had no inner peace. I was a puppet on a string."

Becker is not the only one to feel that sense of emptiness and desire vainglory. The echoes of a hollow life spread through our culture. You do not have to read many contemporary magazines to find the same frustration among youths today. Always believe that there is nothing at the apex of life, except in the Lord. If your models in life are music stars, footballers, and society celebrities, then you are living in the world of fantasies. Thomas Brooks stated, "Worldly glory is but a breath, a vapour, a froth, a phantasm, a shadow, a reflection, a very nothing." Look unto Jesus!

Chɑllenge: "Make Jesus Christ your model in life."

Prɑyer: "Oh God, make me see only the Lord at the apex of life."

Quote: "Look unto Jesus."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Philippians 2:3; Luke 12:16-20

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:53am On Dec 07, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2018

THE SURE WAY
TEXT: PSALM 31:3; 32:8

"The meek will He guide in judgment: and the meek will He teach His way" (Psalm 25:9).

Walter Knight told a story of an old Scottish woman who went from home to home across the countryside selling thread, buttons, and shoestrings. When she came to an unmarked crossroad, she would toss a stick into the air and go in the direction the stick pointed to when it landed. One day, she was seen tossing up the stick several times. "Why do you toss the stick more than once?" someone asked. "Because," replied the woman, "it keeps pointing to the left, and I want to take the road on the right." She kept throwing the stick into the air until it pointed the way she wanted to go!

If you want God to guide you in arriving at the right decisions, you must have the right relationship with Him. Remain in His presence and weigh the long-term consequences of your actions. You should be able to distinguish what is wise and right from what is foolish and wrong. Be honest with yourself and wait on the Lord to guide you. Moreover, as God's child, accept His guidance.

Chɑllenge: "Weigh the long-term consequences of your actions."

Prɑyer: "Guide me oh God to take right decisions."

Quote: "As God's child, accept His guidance."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Psalm 31:3; 32:8

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26pm On Dec 08, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2018

ALWAYS STRIVE TO WIN
TEXT: 1 JOHN 5:4

"For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith" (1 John 5:4).

Players of college basketball once asked their coach why winning was so important to him. He replied, "Because victory defines you: if you lose, nobody remembers you; if you win, everybody remembers you." The players tried to insist that participation was what mattered. "Trying your best, regardless of whether you win or lose -- that's what defines you," the players said to their coach. Twenty-four years after, one of the players, who was constantly reminded of their discussion eventually got to understand that their former coach was right, that in life's struggles, it is not effort or trying alone, but result that should matter to everyone.

You can be a great youth if you have this awareness of always striving to win early in life. Do not go in for any examination or competition for the sake of participation only, but be determined to succeed or win. Victory comes through faith in God. In everything you do, therefore, put your trust in Him, who gives peace and causes you to triumph over the negative situations of life.

Chɑllenge: "The result of every struggle depends on God."

Prɑyer: "Help me O Lord, to put my trust in you."

Quote: "Be determined to succeed."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: John 16:33

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:43am On Dec 09, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2018

IDENTIFY WITH CHRIST
TEXT: DANIEL 10:12

"After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward" (Genesis 15:1).

Fear is the biggest problem of the largest group of people, especially youths. The fear of failure is common among youths. Others have the fear of rejection, ridicule, or being regarded as odd by their peers. Some have the fear of the future- they worry over their upkeep, probably because they are orphans or are abandoned by relatives. Even if you have a very poor background, you have nothing to fear, as long as, God is your father.

No matter how challenging your educational condition may be, you can succeed, with the giver of all things by your side. Put your confidence in the Almighty God and you won't fail. Fear not because He can make you achieve great things for Him. Are you afraid to witness to Jesus in personal evangelism? Are you afraid to identify with Christ among unbelievers? With the backing of the Holy Spirit, you can do exploits for God's kingdom. The same God who encouraged Abraham in our text of today will also help you.

Chɑllenge: "Fear should not stop you from evangelising."

Prɑyer: "O God, take away any fear from me."

Quote: "You can do exploits for God's kingdom."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Daniel 10:12

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:02pm On Dec 09, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2017

THE LAST ADAM NEVER SINNED
TEXT: HEBREWS 4:15

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin" (Hebrews 4:15).

Jesus is the spotless Lamb of God who "takes away the sin of the world." Watchman Nee rightly puts it this way, "The Lord Jesus, when He died on the Cross, shed His Blood, thus giving His sinless life to atone for our sin and to satisfy the righteousness and holiness of God. To do so was the prerogative of the Son of God alone."

True believers are configured in the image of Christ, the last Adam, who is sinless and spotless. Some preachers deceive their followers by saying that it is not possible to live in this world without sin. Such an error doesn't move the true Christian for he/she knows that old things must pass away after conversion. By way of illustration, a true believer carries the DNA of Christ and cannot sin.

Challenge: "True believers are configured with the image of Christ"

Prayer: "Lord, deliver me from sin, in Jesus' name"

Quote: "A true believer carries the DNA of Christ"

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 John 3.3-10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2017

SOME THINGS GOD HATES
TEXT: PROVERB 6:17-18

"A proud look, a lying tongue and a hand that shed innocent blood, an heart that deviseth wicked imagination, feet that be swift in running to mischief" (Proverb 6:17-18).

Renee a young girl feigned herself to be a Governor's daughter in a renowned school for the rich in order to earn the respect of the students. One fateful day, Renee's father came in, to visit her at school in a very shabby appearance. After the visit, her friends asked her, "Who was that man?" She replied, "Oh he is one of is our drivers." This is how terrible some girls can be, so pompous, full of lies and deceit. Are you like Renee? Why do you stick to the sin God hates and you hate that which God loves? What a big contradiction!

Our text sums up most of the wicked things condemned by God. These seven things are sins that relate to the deep motives of a man. The word of God points straight to your hearts and your sinful thought processes. God hates your terrible lies, your proud looks, your murderous intentions and wicked imaginations. Please, come to the fountain for a cleansing in the blood of Jesus today.

Challenge: "Repent of all your evil intentions"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to stick to your love"

Quote: "God hates your terrible lies"

Bible Reading in one Year: Galatian 5: 19:21

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:20pm On Dec 10, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2018

SIN OF IDOLATRY
TEXT: DANIEL 10:12

"Teaching us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world" (Titus 2:12).

Worldliness is "the lust of the flesh (a passion for sensual satisfaction), the lust of the eyes (an inordinate desire for the finer things of life), and the pride of life (self-satisfaction in whom one is, what one has, and what one has achieved)." Worldliness is a preoccupation with ease and affluence. It elevates pleasure to the point of idolatry. It entails living to satisfy the flesh and spending too much money on oneself. According to Joseph Alliance, "A man caught up with this world is not ready for the next." May you not be caught up with this evil world in Jesus name.

Do not indulge in worldliness, pride and selfishness; they breed resentment against others. Rather, flee such worldly practices like partying, night clubs, indecent dressing, fashion freak, and weird appearances. Delight in things that will lead you to heaven.

Chɑllenge: "Do not strive to be like the people of the world."

Prɑyer: "Teach me, O Lord, to live a sober and righteous life."

Quote: "Do not indulge in worldliness."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 1 John 2:15; 1 Peter 4:1-2

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:57am On Dec 11, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2018

PATH TO DESTRUCTION
TEXT: 1 SAMUEL 15:23

"For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, He hath also rejected thee from being king" (1 Samuel 15:23).

Thomas spent his time in beer parlours with bad friends every evening. He did not only shun the advice of his parents and siblings to desist from drinking and smoking but also blasphemed God while drinking with his peers. Very often, he indulged in criminal acts to get money for his alcohol and cigarettes. One day, his rebellious attitude landed him in police custody and was only rescued by his sister whom he persecuted because of her Christian life.

Rebellion against God is a gradual process that will sooner or later send you down faster and faster to destruction. Therefore, you must watch against its early signs, because once you begin, there is no guarantee that you will stop it. When Satan cannot catch you with a big sin, he will try a little one like smoking a stick of cigarette or sipping a glass of beer. Beware of the little evil of rebellion and God's judgment.

Chɑllenge: "Do not allow Satan to catch you with any bait."

Prɑyer: "O Lord, take away a rebellious spirit from me."

Quote: "Beware of the little evil of rebellion."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Proverbs 17:11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:44am On Dec 12, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2018

FUTILITY OF WORRY

"But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows" (Luke 12:7).

An anonymous poet once wrote: "I heard a voice at evening softly say, 'Bear not your yesterdays into tomorrow, nor load this week with last week's load of sorrow. Lift all your burdens as they come, nor try to weigh the present with the by-and-by. One step and then another, take your way; Live day by day!' The central theme of this poem is worry, which is fear's extravagance. It extracts interest on trouble before it comes. It constantly drains the energy God gives you to face daily problems and to fulfill your many responsibilities. It is therefore a sinful waste."

Are you anxious about tomorrow? Listen to the woman who, after living long enough to learn some important truths about life, remarked, "I've had a lot of trouble-most of which never happened!" Like most youths today, she had worried about many things that never occurred, and had come to see the futility of anxieties. You are important to God so He will not forsake you.

Chɑllenge: "Worries will never help you out of troubles."

Prɑyer: "O Lord, help me that worries will not take away my faith."

Quote: "Bear not your yesterdays into tomorrow."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Luke 12:27; Matthew 6:28-32

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:33am On Dec 13, 2018
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2017

MEN NOTHING MOVES
TEXT: ACTS 20:24

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify of the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24).

Little children are easily moved to fear, to tears, to change their minds or to even run away. This is because they lack understanding, experience, principles or goals. Even some adults also act like children sometimes.

However, men like Apostle Paul, have fixed convictions; nothing moves them because they have visions and goals.
Read these inspiring lines of Steven Furtick with me: My purpose outweighs my pain. My destiny outweighs my history. My crown outweighs my cross. My hope outweighs my hardships. God's grace outweighs my shame. The blessing outweighs the burden. God's favour outweighs my frustration.

Christians who have this kind of strong conviction would resolve to stay on God's side always. Sentiments may move women like Orpah but not a Ruth. Remember eternity with Jesus.

Challenge: "In taking decisions, think of what Jesus would do."

Prayer: "May nothing move me, O God."

Quote: "Resolve to stay on God's side always."

Bible Reading in one Year: Acts 20:22-24

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:01pm On Dec 13, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2018

THE CHECKPOINT

"This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter" (Psalm 118:20).

A gate either admits or excludes entrance of persons. The gates to a public place like a stadium usually have crowds; some going, some coming, others loitering around. In Luke 11:52, the gate of the Kingdom of God is said to have some who neither go in nor allow willing ones to enter. They claim to have knowledge yet they are disqualified from the Kingdom of God because of their sins.

The gate of God's Kingdom is a screening spot where undesirable persons are separated from those who wish to go in, and will not admit a youth or anyone who is a cultist, fornicator, or a liar. "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10). Every youth that screens himself or herself shall not be embarrassed at the gate.

Chɑllenge: "Search yourself and drop those sins."

Prɑyer: "Search me, O God, and know my heart today."

Quote: "The gate of God's Kingdom is a screening spot."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Luke 13:23-28

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:45am On Dec 14, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14, 20I8

OWING GOD?
TEXT: PSALM 50:14

"Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High" (Psalm 50:14).

As the wealthy oil tycoon lay on his deathbed, his pastor talked to him of God's healing power. "Pastor," he gasped, "if God heals me, I'll give the church a million dollars." Miraculously, the man was revived and within a few weeks, he was out of the hospital. Several months later, the following chat ensued between him and the pastor: "You know," the pastor said, "When you were in the hospital dying, you promised to give the church a million dollars if you got well. We haven't got it yet." "Did I say that?" the tycoon asked. "I guess that goes to show how sick I really was!"

The tycoon's response shows that he did not make his vow from a sincere heart, and was not ready to redeem it after God had healed him. Many youths make vows that they hardly keep. Yet, paying your vow is a command from God. Do not make any vow if you think you cannot fulfill it.

Chɑllenge: "Avoid any vow if you think you are not ready to redeem it."

Prɑyer: "God, help me not to make any vow out of desperation."

Quote: "Vow and redeem it."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Psalm 116:13-14

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:38pm On Dec 15, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY DECEMBER 15, 2018

INGRATITUDE
TEXT: 2 TIMOTHY 3:1-7

"For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy" (2 Timothy 3:2).

Disturbed by the ingratitude of his royal court, a devout king, Benito (not real name), prepared a large banquet for his royal guests. A beggar by pre-arrangement shuffled into the hall, sat down at the king's table, and gorged himself with food and then left without saying a word. The guests were furious and asked permission to seize the tramp and tear him into pieces for his ingratitude. The king replied: "That beggar has done only once to an earthly king what each of you does three times each day to God. You sit there at the table and eat until you are satisfied. Then you walk away without expressing one word of thanks to God."

Appreciate and do not have short memories of what your parents have done or will do for you. Ingratitude is a sin. You must have been rescued from one ugly situation or the other before. Remember to be appreciative to God and the people who rescued you.

Chɑllenge: "Are you contributing to making thankfulness a lost act today?"

Prɑyer: "Make my life void of ingratitude, O Lord."

Quote: "Be appreciative."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Ephesians 5:20; Psalms 34:1

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:24pm On Dec 16, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2018

SLIPPING LIPS
TEXT: PSALMS 39:1

"I said, I will take heed to my ways that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before" (Psalms 39:1).

William Norris, the American journalist, who specialized in simple but beautiful and lesson-packed poetry, once wrote: "If your lips would keep from slips, five things must you observe with care: to whom you speak; of whom you speak; and how, and when, and where.

William is concerned about the destructive nature of the tongue; how like a little stick of match, it can burn an entire hill. A sharp tongue is the only edged tool that grows keener with constant use. That is why you will often regret your speech, and never your silence, because whatever goes out of the mouth is impossible to bring back. As today's passage says, you should seek to bridle or control your tongue, if you know that saying anything could lead to sin. It is not a crime for you to stay silent, especially when it becomes necessary.

Chɑllenge: "The untamed tongue can be very destructive when used carelessly."

Prɑyer: "Help me to use my tongue wisely, O Father!"

Quote: "Control your tongue."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Job 27:4-6

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:39pm On Dec 17, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2018

SHOW KINDNESS
TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 22:4

"Thou shalt not see thy brother's ass or his ox fall down by the way, and hide thyself from them: thou shalt surely help him to lift them up again" (Deuteronomy 22:4).

Floyd Collins once climbed into a sand cave in search of fortune. Suddenly, his lantern failed, and crawling through the darkness, his foot hit a seven-ton boulder. It fell on his leg, trapping him in the 125-feet deep ice-cold coffin-like narrow dark cave. In the meantime, his plight became a national sensation. As the rescue attempt went on, some tourists spent time buying items from vendors at the cave. And in the end, Floyd Collins died alone in the icy darkness after crying out deliriously, "Get me out. Why don't you take me out? Kiss me goodbye, I'm going.

Have you had opportunity to help someone in a desperate situation but you paid attention elsewhere? Do not turn your eyes away when you see others in need of help. That is not the attitude of a Christian youth. Be one another's keeper.

Chɑllenge: "Does your heart prick you when you see others in need?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I ask for the grace to help in time of need."

Quote: "Be one another's keeper."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Hebrews 4:16

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:07pm On Dec 18, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2018

DETERMINE YOUR PATH
TEXT: PROVERBS 18:21

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof" (Proverbs 18:21).

Every human being has the right to choose between life and death, good and evil, or success and failure. The choices people make determine their destiny. When Felicia finished secondary school, her parents wanted her to continue her education up to the university level. But she chose to get married to Paul, a rich man in the city. Shortly after they had their first child, the police arrested Paul on charges of murder. He was found guilty and the court sentenced him to several years in prison, leaving Felicia and her young child to suffer.

The power of life or death lies in your hands or in your tongue. The choices you make in life will greatly determine the path you will follow. If you choose to go with the Lord, you are certainly choosing the path of life. But if you choose the world, it will certainly lead you to destruction. Choice is a personal thing, so you must choose wisely, and not be influenced by materialism.

Chɑllenge: "The power of life or of death lies in your hands."

Prɑyer: "Gracious Lord, teach me to choose wisely."

Quote: "Choose wisely."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Matthew 12:37

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:53pm On Dec 18, 2018
Get Connected To Hope: Feasting after the Famine at Deeper Life National December Retreat 2018

Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:05pm On Dec 19, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2018

REMEMBER PAUL AND SILAS
TEXT: 2 SAMUEL 22:50

"Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name" (2 Samuel 22:50).

A fine singer learned that he had cancer of the tongue and that surgery was required. In the hospital after everything was ready for the operation, the man said to the doctor, "Are you sure I will never sing again?" The surgeon simply shook his head and said, Yes! The patient then asked if he could sit up for a moment. "I've had many good times singing the praises of God," he said. "And now you tell me I can never sing again. I have one song that will be my last. It will be of gratitude and praise to God."

Do you find time to sing praises to the Lord, or you spend your time to enjoy life or brood over your challenges and trials? Paul and Silas sang spiritual songs when they were in prison. The Psalmist and the woman in our text gave thanks and sang praises to God, no matter their situations.

Chɑllenge: "The Lord is pleased with those who sing praises to Him."

Prɑyer: "Give me the grace, O Lord, to sing praises to your name daily."

Quote: "Find time to sing praises to God."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Hebrews 13:15

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.