Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,481 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker - Religion (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker (1387203 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:23am On Dec 20, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2018

IMMEASURABLE REWARD
TEXT: 1 JOHN 3:16

"Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren" (1 John 3:16).

It is said that Cyrus, the founder of the Persian Empire, once captured a prince and his family. When they came before him, the monarch asked the prisoner, "What will you give me if I release you?" "The half of my wealth," was his reply. "And if I release your children?" "Everything I possess." "And if I release your wife?" "Your Majesty, I will give myself." Cyrus was so moved by his devotion that he freed them all. As they returned home, the prince said to his wife, "Wasn't Cyrus a handsome man!" With a look of deep love for her husband, she said to him, "I didn't notice. I could only keep my eyes on you - the one who was willing to give himself for me."

As a young person, always seek to sacrifice for others without bothering to ask what they have done for you. Leave the rest to God, who is able to satisfy all needs. Remember that whatever good you do in life, it shall return to you immeasurably.

Chɑllenge: "Sacrifice is a mark of supreme love for others."

Prɑyer: "Lord, grant me the spirit of sacrifice."

Quote: "Sacrifice for others."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: John 3:16

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:31am On Dec 21, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

It's a yearly event where people from diverse ethnic groups, tongues and languages come under the teaching, inspiration and leading of the Holy Spirit for guidance, blessings and instruction for a better beginning. This Year's event promises great blessings as the Bank of Heaven promises one thousand and one manifold blessings for all its participant through the anointed ministers of God. Be a partaker and Live to tell others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2018

VAINNESS OF GREED
TEXT: 1 JOHN 3:17

"But whoso hath this world good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?" (1 John 3:17).

Two friends met for dinner in a restaurant. Each requested some fish, and after a few minutes, the waiter returned with their orders - two pieces of fish of different sizes, on the same platter. One of the men proceeded to serve his friend. Placing the small piece on a plate, he handed it across the table. "Well, you certainly do have nerves!" exclaimed his friend. "What's troubling you?" asked the other. "Look what you've done. You've given me the little piece and kept the big one for yourself," he answered. "How would you have done it?" the man asked. His friend replied, "If I were serving, I would have given you the big piece."

In life, selfishness has repercussions, just as selflessness has its rewards. Those who are selfless begin almost immediately to reap the rewards of prominence and acclaim, but selfish people may only receive contempt. As a Christian youth, always think about others first.

Chɑllenge: "Do not block God's blessings by being selfish."

Prɑyer: "Take away any trace of selfishness from me, O Lord."

Quote: "Think about others first."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Deuteronomy 15:7

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12pm On Dec 24, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2018

BRIGHTEN UP
TEXT: PSALM 146:5

"Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God" (Psalms 146:5).

A Holiday Inn interviewed 5,000 candidates, when looking for 500 people to fill positions in a new facility. The managers interviewing these people excluded all candidates who smiled fewer than four times during the interview. This applied to people competing for jobs in all categories. One tired waitress said to another: "I always start the day with a smile – and get it over with.

A smile is not only an inexpensive way to improve your looks but also it is recommended by medics as medicine to the soul. A smile is linked to happiness, joy, love and holiness. No doubt, our text decrees happiness for the person whose hope is in Christ Jesus. Dear reader, do you spend your time carrying a gloomy face? Whatever the challenges you are going through, put on a smile while you put your trust in God, who is the Author and Finisher of our faith. When you smile, you shame the devil and his cohorts.

Chɑllenge: "Smile is the fruit of a holy and loving heart."

Prɑyer: "O God, take away anything that tries to steal my smile."

Quote: "Put on a smile while you put your trust in God."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Jeremiah 17:7

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50pm On Dec 24, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 23, 2018

REJECT PRIDE
TEXT: PSALM 146:5

"Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God" (1 Peter 5:5).

Driving down a country road, Stephen Beck came to a very narrow bridge, in front of which was posted the sign: "YIELD." Seeing no on-coming cars, he continued across the bridge to his destination. On his way back, he came to the same one-lane bridge, where he saw another "YIELD" SIGN. "I'm sure there was one posted on the other side," he thought. "YIELD" signs had been placed at both ends of the bridge requesting motorists to give the right of way so as to prevent head-on-collision.

Do not ignore the voice of the light of the world, which commands you to "be subject to one another" (Ephesians 5:21). The Bible commands you to let the other have the right of way and avoid interpersonal head-on collision. If you yield, you walk in the light with God. Be submissive and receive God's grace

Chɑllenge: "Do not hearken to the voice of darkness."

Prɑyer: "Help me, O Lord, to respect the right of way of others."

Quote: "Be submissive."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: James 4:6

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:36am On Dec 25, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, DECEMBER 24, 2018

THE ULTIMATE POWER
TEXT: JOHN 14:26

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance" (John 14:26).

Henrietta C. Mears said, "I believe that it is impossible for any Christian to be effective either in his life or in his service unless he is filled with the Holy Spirit who is God's only provision of power." This means that Christian youths must be filled with the Holy Spirit. The Comforter is the Holy Spirit whom Christ promised those who believe. Without the Holy Spirit, you cannot live a fruitful Christian life. Are you filled with the Holy Spirit?

To live a victorious Christian life, you must be filled with the Holy Spirit. If you are not filled, pray now and God will sanctify and fill you with the Holy Spirit. You will become empowered and your life will attract other youths to Christ. If you are not a Christian, confess your sins today and admit Christ into your life. He will transform and fill you with the Holy Spirit, and then you will have power to live for Him.

Chɑllenge: "God is waiting to fill you with the Holy Spirit."

Prɑyer: "Lord, grant me this glorious experience of infilling with the Holy Spirit."

Quote: "Live a fruitful Christian life."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: John 14:15-18; 16:13-14

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:15am On Dec 25, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 25, 2018

CONDITIONS FOR FAVOUR
TEXT: ISAIAH 1:19

"If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land" (Isaiah 1:19).

There lived a wealthy man who had only one son and many servants. Carried away by his father's wealth, the son became wayward, disobedient and riotous. One of the servants endeared himself to the rich man because of his obedience, loyalty, honesty and faithfulness. At the rich man's death, he willed his entire possession to the faithful and obedient servant, leaving only one property for his disobedient son.

You should learn to live in obedience. Obedience to God, parents and others brings blessings. You should obey those who have charge over you. To become an obedient son of God, you must be saved from your sins and live for Him always. This will keep you away from all forms of vices and lead you on the right path to success. Today, resolve to live in obedience and you will inherit God's all-round blessings.

Chɑllenge: "Today, resolve to live in obedience to God and man."

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, give me a heart of obedience."

Quote: "Live in obedience."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Philippians 2:5-11

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:45am On Dec 26, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER, 26, 2018

CONSECRATED YOUTH
TEXT: LUKE 10:38-42

"One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in His temple" (Psalms 27:4).

Life is all about choice. According to Eleanor Roosevelt, "One's philosophy is not best expressed in words. It is expressed in the choices one makes. In the long run, it shapes one's life. The process never ends until one dies. And the choices one makes are ultimately one's responsibility." Today, many youths are faced with academic, career and socio-economic choices. However, the choice of eternal destiny is mandatory for every youth.

The one thing you must do is to love God and live for Him. "Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man" (Ecclesiastes 12:13). To fear God is to confess your sins, and give your life to Christ. Consecrate your life to God and you will be sure of a blissful life here on earth and in heaven.

Chɑllenge: "Fear God and keep His commandments."

Prɑyer: "Dear Father, help me to love you with all my heart."

Quote: "Give your life to Christ."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Luke 10:38-42

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 26, 2018
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER, 26, 2018

CONSECRATED YOUTH

"One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple" (Psalms 27:4).

Life is all about choice. According to Eleanor Roosevelt, "One's philosophy is not best expressed in words. It is expressed in the choices one makes. In the long run, it shapes one's life. The process never ends until one dies. And the choices one makes are ultimately one's responsibility." Today, many youths are faced with academic, career and socio-economic choices. However, the choice of eternal destiny is mandatory for every youth.

The one thing you must do is to love God and live for Him. "Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man" (Ecclesiastes 12:13). To fear God is to confess your sins, and give your life to Christ. Consecrate your life to God and you will be sure of a blissful life here on earth and in heaven.

Chɑllenge: "Fear God and keep His commandments."

Prɑyer: "Dear Father, help me to love you with all my heart."

Quote: "Love God and live for Him."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Luke 10:38-42

See more here:
When next you're seeking someone to put to shame on NL in the Religious section, never in your life call my attention again.
We're Jehovah's Witnesses and each dedicated member is filled the spirit of WISDOM,unlike those enslaved by your stupid and greedy daddy GO Mr Kumuyi! wink wink
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2018
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 24, 2017

PROSPER THROUGH YOUR ASSETS
TEXT: 2 KINGS 4:2

"And Elisha said unto her, what shall I do for thee? Tell me, what has thou in the house? And she said, thy handmaid hath not anything in the house, save a pot of oil" (2 Kings 4:2)

The words of Warren Buffett sum up our topic, "Invest in yourself; investing in yourself is the best thing you can do. Anything that improves your own talent, nobody can tax it or take it away from you. If you have talent and you maximize it, you have a tremendous asset that can return tenfold."

The widow in our text had only oil as an asset and God used it to lift her. Your asset may not be money or material thing. One of the greatest forms of asset is mental asset. Read broadly to develop your mental asset, know what is happening in the world around you; knowledge is potential power; it is more than money. When you solve problems with your knowledge, you create value; when you see a problem, you see money.

Pray to God to lead you to solve problems. Solving problems is the way to prosperity. Money hides in your products, services, gifts and talents. Talents that will make you a medical doctor, technician an engineer or an accountant may be hiding in you. Discover and develop them for service. Challenge: Solve problems and create value.

Challenge: "Solve problems and create value."

Prayer: "Oh God, help me to create value with my talents."

Quote: "Money hides in your gifts and talents."

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Kings 4:1-7

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:07pm On Dec 27, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2018

RAIMENT THAT GLORIFIES GOD

"Let your moderɑtion be known unto ɑll men. The Lord is ɑt hɑnd" (Philippiɑns 4:5).

Indecent dressing, which is dressing in ɑ wɑy that provokes sinful pɑssion, is prevɑlent todɑy. Decent dressing is dressing with godly purpose of covering your nɑkedness, shielding you from ɑdverse climɑtic conditions and glorifying God. Therefore, mini-skirts, body hugs, ɑrmless dresses ɑnd or clothes that expose the chest, bɑck, or show inner-weɑrs, sɑgging, ɑs well ɑs ɑll thɑt ɑre trɑnspɑrent are unchristiɑn. It is common seeing boys weɑring dresses meɑnt for girls, and vice versɑ.

Do not dress indecently. Rɑther, moderɑtion and decency should be your guiding principle. Do not be of the world or ɑllow ɑnybody to dictɑte your dress code. You ɑre expected to project acceptɑble dressing on your cɑmpuses and communities. This mɑy eɑrn you mockery or derogɑtory nɑmes from people of the world. But be determined to glorify God ɑlwɑys. You ɑre the light ɑnd sɑlt of the world. You should dress modestly, neɑtly and decently. Let others see Jesus in you.

Chɑllenge: "The Lord requires that you dress decently."

Prɑyer: "Help me, O Lord to glorify you in my dressing and appeɑrɑnce."

Quote: "Let others see Jesus in you."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Exodus 28:42; Deuteronomy 22:5

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:57pm On Dec 27, 2018
TATIME:
When next you're seeking someone to put to shame on NL in the Religious section, never in your life call my attention again.
We're Jehovah's Witnesses and each dedicated member is filled the spirit of WISDOM,unlike those enslaved by your stupid and greedy daddy GO Mr Kumuyi! wink wink

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:15pm On Dec 29, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2018

PARTNERSHIP PROFITS

"Keep therefore the words of this covenant, and do them, that ye may prosper in all that ye do" (Deuteronomy 29:9).

The Bible is replete with God's promises for human prosperity. But the condition is to be in partnership with God to harvest souls. A clergy who was passing by one of his members' farm, stopped to admire it. Commending his effort and the bountiful yield, the Pastor told the farmer; "This must be the result of hard work." Responding, the man said, "God empowered me to work hard, and He prospered my efforts.

What a challenge to young people today! Yes, God has promised to prosper you. But you must work hard, because God will not reward laziness. You must be diligent in whatever thing you do. Avoid all evil ways of achieving success and prosperity. God's promises for you will not be fulfilled through examination mal-practice, robbery, kidnapping, internet fraud, prostitution or cultism. Give your life to God and live for Him. Pray for every challenge threatening your success and prosperity. Surely, you will succeed and prosper beyond your imagination.

Chɑllenge: "Be diligent and work hard."

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord to depend on your promises for my life."

Quote: "You will succeed."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Psalm 1:1-6; Proverbs 6: 6-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:07am On Dec 30, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2018

HEAVEN IN VIEW

"If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them" (John 13:17).

A Christian woman dying of cancer enquired from her Pastor about heaven. She mentioned what she liked about her life on earth and asked whether she would equally experience them in heaven. The Pastor assured her that her life with Jesus in heaven would be far more beautiful than anything she loved here on earth. This was so comforting and reassuring that the woman looked forward to her transition with joy.

Are you living with heaven in view? Eternity with Jesus is endless peace and joy. When you see Jesus your deepest yearnings will completely be satisfied. But to get to heaven, you must "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14). Consecrate your life to God and do His will always. Let your life radiate God's beauty to attract unbelievers around you to God. You will be sure of spending eternity with God in heaven.

Chɑllenge: "Surrender your life to Christ for a blissful life hereafter."

Prɑyer: "Dear God, help me to live a holy life, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "You must live a holy life."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 1 Peter 1:3-19

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:47am On Dec 30, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2018

HE CARES
TEXT: PSALMS 103:1-5

"My voice shall thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up" (Psalms 5:3).

A poet once wrote, "I got up early one morning, and rushed into the day. I had so much to accomplish, I didn't have tome to pray. Troubles tumbled about me, and heavier came each task; Why doesn't God help me? I wondered. He answered, 'You didn't ask.' ... I woke up this morning and paused before entering the day. I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray."

You may wake up each morning to a crowded day and rush out without communing with God. Borrow a leaf from the experience of this poet. Many problems can be solved or prevented when you pray and surrender each day to God. Like David in our text, resolve to start each day with God. Worship Him and commit your worries to Him. Surely, He will direct and grant you all round victory, in Jesus' name!

Chɑllenge: "Keep an unfailing appointment with God each morning."

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord to spend time with you every morning."

Quote: "Start each day with God."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Mark 1:35; Psalm 103:1-5

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:13pm On Dec 30, 2018
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2017

CALLED UNTO HOLINESS
TEXT: 1 THESSALONIANS 4:7

"For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness" (1 Thessalonians 4:7)

In every generation, parents expect their offspring to be like them, hence the maxim, 'Like father like son,' or 'like mother like daughter.' Some parents have disowned their children for behaving contrary to family norms. In disappointment and frustration, a parent screamed at her child thus: "You are a complete failure. You are an embarrassment to the family." What a tragedy for any youth to be a victim of such predicament! Like our parents, God, our heavenly Father expects us to be like Him. He is holy and demands that we be holy.

Dear Christian youth, you have been saved and cleansed from sin by the precious blood of Jesus. Sin and uncleanness are contrary to your Christian calling. Flee from sin and worldliness at home, in the boarding school, and everywhere you go. Consecrate your life to God. He will keep you holy and empower you to draw other youths to Christ. The reward of your holy living will be favour with God here on earth and eternity with Him in heaven.

Challenge: "Flee from sin and worldliness."

Prayer: "Help me Lord to live a Holy life."

Quote: "God will keep you holy."

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Peter 1:13-16

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:09pm On Dec 31, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2018

NO BIBLE, NO BREAKFAST

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15).

A story was told of a young man who told his friend that he never read the Book of Revelation, because it contained a terrifying account of future happenings. Yet, Dick Eastman says, "The person that spends time thinking about the thoughts of God will find great depth and understanding that will touch all areas of his life." Do not skip but read every part of the Bible. Know that every word of God is pure, do not take away from it.

Read the Bible and other devotional guides systematically every day. Your guiding principle should be, 'No Bible, no breakfast; no Scripture, no sleep.' The Bible is to your soul, what food is to your body. It gives peace, comfort, hope and courage to those who read it. It is the bedrock of success. Read your Bible purposefully, painstakingly, meditatively and prayerfully. Read and obey it so as to be wise and approved of God.

Chɑllenge: "Read your Bible every day if you want to grow."

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord to consistently read and obey your word."

Quote: "Read it to be wise."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Joshua 1:8; Psalm 19:7-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY JANUARY 01

BEGIN THE NEW YEAR WELL
TEXT: ECCLESIASTES 7:8

"Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit" (Ecclesiastes 7:8).

Foundation is the first phase in any structural construction. Great edifices and mansions are first laid on foundations. Based on the understanding of the importance of foundation, engineers usually carry out soil test to ascertain the ability of the soil to bear a particular foundation. This is because the foundation of a building determines extensively the strength and durability of the building. The ability of a structure to withstand storms, wind and flood is directly proportional to the depth and strength of the material used to lay the foundation.

The new year is pregnant with lots of possibilities. Adequate time, therefore, ought to be secured to ensure proper planning and seeking the face of God in prayer. Review the past year and plan for improvement where you did not do well. It is also important to take time to be alone with God through studying and meditation on the word of God so as to know His mind. Goals should be written down and possibly, a yearly timetable should be drawn and prayerfully adhered to. Pray for divine strength to go all through the year successfully.

Chɑllenge: "Always climb the ladder from the first rung."

Prɑyer: "Oh Lord, grant me grace to patiently wait upon you."

Quote: "A yearly timetable should be drawn."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Luke 14:28-30; Job 8:7

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:38am On Jan 02, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 2, 2019

CHRIST OR SELF-CENTRED?
TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 2:1-12

"For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's" (Philippians 2:21).

In the words of Joel Osteen: "When you centre life around yourself, not only do you miss out on God's best, but you rob other people of the joy and blessings that God wants to give them through you." To be self-centred means to be preoccupied with oneself and one's affairs to a point of not giving attention to other people. Our text today refers to the time when Timothy forgets his own plights and paid attention to the welfare of the Philippian brethren.

Do you get so engrossed in your own pursuits and interests that you give no attention to the welfare of young converts in your vicinity, personal and corporate evangelism, praying for your leaders, caring for needy youths, or helping to make peace between those at loggerheads? You must love Christ more than you love yourself. Turn around today and aspire to be His favourite as you yield yourself completely unto Him as a channel of blessing to millions around you. God has raised you up so that others can be blessed through you.

Chɑllenge: "It is the height of ignorance to live for self alone."

Prɑyer: "Lord, make me a channel of blessing to someone today."

Quote: "Love Christ more than you love yourself."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Hebrews 12:2; Philippians 2:7

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:54pm On Jan 02, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2018

NO BIBLE, NO BREAKFAST

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15).

A story was told of a young man who told his friend that he never read the Book of Revelation, because it contained a terrifying account of future happenings. Yet, Dick Eastman says, "The person that spends time thinking about the thoughts of God will find great depth and understanding that will touch all areas of his life." Do not skip but read every part of the Bible. Know that every word of God is pure, do not take away from it.

Read the Bible and other devotional guides systematically every day. Your guiding principle should be, 'No Bible, no breakfast; no Scripture, no sleep.' The Bible is to your soul, what food is to your body. It gives peace, comfort, hope and courage to those who read it. It is the bedrock of success. Read your Bible purposefully, painstakingly, meditatively and prayerfully. Read and obey it so as to be wise and approved of God.

Chɑllenge: "Read your Bible every day if you want to grow."

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord to consistently read and obey your word."

Quote: "Read it to be wise."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Joshua 1:8; Psalm 19:7-11

See more here:

"Hey, can you give me tips on how to daily discipline my reading and devotion time? I've always disliked reading in general but I know that the Word is lacking in my daily walk." Allan Sabol

I don't get out of my bed unless I have got into the Word. I live by "No Bible, no breakfast. No read, no feed," based on Job's "I have esteemed the words of His mouth more than my necessary food" (Job 23:12). I make sure my Bible comes before my belly.

One thing that helps me, is the knowledge that my flesh fights against the Spirit, and that it's normal not to feel like reading my Bible in the mornings:

"For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish" (Galatians 5:17).

When we wake up in the mornings we sometimes feel nauseous. Our faces are pale, our hair is a mess, and we could kill a houseplant at 20 paces with our breath. The last thing we feel like is reading the Bible. But we don't go by fickle feelings. We are soldiers of Christ and we are disciplined to obey no matter how we feel. This is because we are no longer our own. We've been bought with a price...and God's will we will do.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 2 January 2015 at 02:00 ·
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:34pm On Jan 02, 2019
This Is That Year.

This is that year I have been telling you about; the year when truly, everything becomes new.

The year of endless possibilities, unlimited potentials and divine favour backing it all. It is the year we have been waiting for because God has promised to do us good.

This is that year when the floodgates of heaven have already been opened, the blessings we have long prayed for is on its way and an outpouring of revival has begun.

A year when we will keep looking for more and more chances to share the good news of Christ, to share testimonies of his miraculous work in our lives and to share a word and actions of faith, hope and love.

Remember when you shed tears of pain, distraught and fear, this year, tears of wonderment, fulfilment and immeasurable joy will be ceaseless in running down your cheeks.

Children for those who have sought for it, the family that wants one gets one, those who desired twins, will get theirs, and those who have prayed and sought for long, have you started preparing? Multiple births are coming your way.

Admissions into institution of higher learning, scholarships to back them up and retentive and innovative brains to ensure you emerge with a First class has been placed on you.

Start to practice how to share your testimony, because you will have to do it, and do it again, and then share an even bigger one.
Those that expect an outpouring leave home with an umbrella, those that know God has made this year just for them leave their house every day with a smile and the assurance that "All things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Our tears have been wiped off, our sorrows turned to joy and our hope has been restored.

When I told you that this is the year we have been waiting for, do you now know what I mean? Why not start counting your blessings and naming them one by one, because, in twelve months time, they will be too much for you to count.

Are you ready for the best year you have ever lived? Don't forget, there will be no lack, no loss and no limitations in your life this year.
This is your year.

See more HERE:

Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:08pm On Jan 03, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY JANUARY 3, 2019

FEAR OF ENEMIES UNNECESSARY
TEXT: JOSHUA 10:1-15

"And the Lord said unto Joshua, Fear them not, for I have delivered them into thine hand; there shall not a man of them stand before thee" (Joshua 10:8).

It was Norman Vincent Peal who said, "No Person is at his best or in full control of his powers if he is a victim of fear." He was right. The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is how one raises one's legs. Enemies are not difficult, we can either fear them and stumble or face them and walk over victoriously. Five kings rose up to fight against Gibeon for making peace with Israel and the Gibeonites sought assistance from Joshua who was the leader of the host of Israel. God told Joshua not to be afraid of these five kings but to go and fight them because He was with them. Encouraged, Joshua and his army went, fought and won an unprecedented victory over the enemies.

God has promised to be with us. As you go out today, some enemies might come to fight against you because you made peace with Jesus. Don't be afraid because He that is in you is greater than your enemies. Just raise your legs and walk over them as your stepping stone to greater heights.

Chɑllenge: "Turn your enemies into stepping stones and not stumbling blocks."

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, help me to always trust You for my victories."

Quote: "God has promised to be with us."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 1 John 4:4,5; Joshua 1:9

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:21am On Jan 04, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY JANUARY 4, 2019

LOVE CHRIST MORE
TEXT: LUKE 14:26-35

"If any man come to Me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple" (Luke 14:26).

Joy was a lovely little girl; everyone loved her. One day, her dad gave her two-star apples; as she was happily thanking dad for the gift, her mother came over and asked her to give her one of her star apples. Little Joy carefully looked at the two fruits in both hands, took a bite at one; then at the other, and then she handed over the one on her left hand to her mother and said "mum, this one is sweeter, you can have it."

Like Joy's mother, Christ deserves the sweeter or better part of us. Love is the only thing that can drive one to give one's best to another. Jesus told those around Him at lunch that they must love Him more than any early relative to be His disciples. Greater love for Christ is the only motivation to saying no to any obstacle to pleasing God. Such love made Joseph, Daniel, Ruth, and other godly youths to choose right in the midst of threats of their faith. These youths excelled in life and you too can.

Chɑllenge: "You give more when you love more and the best lover is Jesus."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to love you more to receive your best."

Quote: "Christ deserves the...better part of us."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Luke 14:26; John 12:25

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:55pm On Jan 05, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY JANUARY 5, 2019

PRAYER SUPPORT FOR MISSIONS
TEXT: 2 THESSALONIANS 3:1-5

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you...And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith" (2 Thessalonians 3:1, 2).

Evangelising distant and unreached territories is part of Christ's mandate to all believers. An indispensable resource for fulfilling this divine mandate is prayer. In the closing part of his epistle to the Thessalonian believers, Apostle Paul requested prayer, not only for himself but also for the rest of his fellow ministers. The importance of prayer for missions cannot be overemphasized.

Prayer lays the foundation for missions in that it reveals fertile grounds for harvest. Prayer then forms the building blocks for a fruitful mission. There are several oppositions and open confrontations which are usually experienced from evil forces which prayer can dislodge. So then, we should pray for success
(a) Success of programmes on the mission field, such as crusades, personal evangelism, and indoor revival programmes
(b) Funds for mission work
(c) Cooperation from political and traditional leaders
(d) Divine protection for missionaries facing tough times.

Indeed, prayer is a must for successful and sustainable mission work. It is, therefore, our collective responsibility to support the mission field with unrelenting prayers. Pray for the missionaries today.

Chɑllenge: "Where you cannot travel to, your prayers can."

Prɑyer: "Lord, open the door of revival to the missionaries in the mission fields."

Quote: "Prayer lays the foundation for missions."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 1 Thessalonians 5:25

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:48am On Jan 06, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, JANUARY 05, 2018

RESPONDING TO REBUKES
TEXT: HEBREWS 12:7

"If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?"

A story was told about President Lincoln who signed an order transferring some regiments, during the American civil war. Calling the President a fool, the Secretary of War, Edwin Stanton, refused to implement his order. When Lincoln heard of it, he replied, 'Stanton said I'm a fool then I must be, for he is nearly always right, and says what he thinks. I'll step over and see for myself.' Lincoln did. When Stanton convinced him the order was in error, he withdrew it.

What a response to rebuke from a President! How do you respond to rebukes? "Generally, children brought up with excessive freedom and lack of discipline grow up not respecting themselves, their parents or society... " said Shiv Khera.

Many people respond negatively to rebukes. However, there is something to learn from every rebuke. Learn to respond wisely and humbly to rebukes from your parents, teachers and elders. Like President Lincoln, seek to understand the reason for rebukes and accept your error with an apology. In so doing, God will be pleased with you and you will make progress.

Challenge: "Learn a lesson from every rebuke."

Prayer: "Dear Lord, help me to respond wisely and humbly to rebukes."

Quote: "Accept rebukes humbly and wisely."

Bible Reading in one Year: Hebrews 12:1-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:52pm On Jan 07, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, JANUARY 06, 2019

BARRIERS TO PROGRESS BROKEN
TEXT: JOSHUA 1:1-18

"There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee" (Joshua 1:5).

Joshua, the successor of Moses, was faced with an arduous task of leading the Israelites to the Promised Land. There were several enemies to conquer, some of which were earlier described as giants by the ten unbelieving spies. Only courage and divine back-up would suffice at this time. God, therefore, gave Joshua a promise of His divine presence to instil courage in him to move forward and conquer these seemingly difficult enemies of God.

As Christian youth, you may be experiencing diverse barriers and enemies on your onward journey. These barriers may be spiritual such as besetting sins, satanic attacks and manipulations. Others include poor grades, poor retention and financial lack. God promised to be with Joshua as He was with Moses. This should remind us of the availability of God's ability to enable us overcome all obstacles to progress. Dare to remain righteous and faithful to God's word and there will be no limitation to progress for you in all your endeavours. We have an anchor which keeps our souls and that anchor is Jesus. Go now and make progress!

Chɑllenge: "He that is born of God overcomes all obstacles."

Prɑyer: "Lord, break every barrier in all areas of my life."

Quote: "No limitation to progress for you."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Deuteronomy 7:24; Romans 8:31-33

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:47pm On Jan 07, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
JANUARY, MONDAY 7, 2019

CHRIST'S DEITY
TEXT: PHILLIPIANS 2:5-11

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, said the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty" (Revelations 1:8).

God's complete revelation awaited the coming of His Son and remained incomplete until the New Testament was accomplished. JESUS CHRIST is the Supreme and final revelation. He is the fullness of the God-head bodily. His personality has never been a subject of any contention to the Church. He is revealed as the Son of GOD. Thus, He is the Heir of all things that GOD possess (1 John 16:15). He is the Creator, the Agent through whom GOD created the world (Colossians 1:16-18). He is the brightness of God's glory and the express image of God. He is the final sacrifice for sin and through Him redemption was made possible. His power, personality, purity and presence are unquestionable divine. He is the exalted King of kings and Lord of lords. His kingdom is from everlasting to everlasting and His dominion extends to the ends of the world. Unbelief in Christ's deity and the message of salvation that he brought will result in eternal punishment and suffering in hell.

Knowledge of the deity and eternal existence of CHRIST should compel every believer to preach, honour, and reverence Him.

Chɑllenge: "It is the eternal Son that gives eternal life."

Prɑyer: "Lord, show me your glory."

Quote: "He is revealed as the Son of God."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Philippians 2:5-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:35am On Jan 08, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY JANUARY 8, 2019

RESOLVING RIFTS
TEXT: COLOSSIANS 3:12-13

"A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle" (Proverbs 18:19).

Rifts are serious disagreement that can spoil relationship. They result from offenses and can cause hatred, violence and enmity, be it in the school, family, church, neighbourhood, place of work or large society. Avoid rifts if you want to live well. The greater danger of having enemies is not what they may do to us it is what we do ourselves as we allow harsh, bitterness, angry reactions to develop," says David A. Hubbard. If rifts are resolved early danger, anger, malice and bitterness will be avoided.

Malice is a sin. It is the bedrock on which hatred, bitterness and strife accumulate. Anyone offended should forgive the offender in love. However, you must be born again and sanctified to have the heart of love and forgiveness. The frequency of forgiveness should tally with the frequency of offenses as children of GOD. Willingness to submit to the Word of GOD and deny self is a sure way to resolving rifts. Therefore as much as it is possible, live peaceably with all men. Show love, for love, covers a multitude of sins.

Chɑllenge: "Blessed are the peace-makers."

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me grace to forgive unconditionally when offended."

Quote: "Forgive the offender in love."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Colossians 3:12-13

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:50am On Jan 09, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 9, 2019

FACT OF END-TIME FABLES

"And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables" (2 Timothy 4:4).

Ephesus was one of the major cities in the Roman Empire. It was the centre of commerce, politics, and religions of Asia Minor, and the location of the temple dedicated to the goddess, Diana. It was plagued with heresy from false teachers. This affected the life of the Church. Many of our modern-day false teachers and preachers have a profound knowledge of the Bible but twist the Scriptures to suit their wicked purposes thereby, putting their congregation in danger. They are indeed, wolves in sheep's clothing who use their oratory power to draw their unsuspecting members into errors.

The end-time fables also include tacit, approval of immoral relationship, divorce and remarriage, worldly dressing, emphasis on prosperity without salvation and gaining success by any means. They preach to please their hearers and not what God wants them to hear. Their motive is to make name for themselves and also to make merchandise of their audience. To protect yourself against their deception, ensure you are saved, sanctified and filled with the Holy Ghost. Also, read your Bible and pray always.

Chɑllenge: "Those who will not listen to sound doctrine will be turned to fables."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to obey your Word and not false teachers."

Quote: "They preach to please their hearers."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 1 Timothy 1:3-4; 1 John 4:1-6

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY JANUARY 9, 2018

A DILIGENT PERSON'S DECISION
TEXT: JOHN 9:4

"I must work the works of Him that sent me, while it is day; the night cometh, when no man can work" (John 9:4).

Hudson Taylor was a great missionary who gave his life to Christ as a youth and remained faithful to the end. He was called as a missionary to China. In preparation, Hudson studied God's word and read books about China and her language. He got involved in open air preaching and distribution of gospel tracts. At the fullness of time, he went to China to minister. Hudson tailor's life is a reflection of the diligent person's decision.

Every Christian youth must decide early to commit himself to education or training for a future career. No one becomes a notable professional in any field without diligence. However, the greatest decision in life is to surrender your life to Christ, live and win souls for Him. If you have not done so, do it now. Moreover, commit yourself to Bible study and prayer. Our master, Jesus, expects us to do so. The world is like a field ripe for harvest and time is running out. Join the faithful reapers!

Challenge: "Preach the Word and rescue the perishing before it is too late."

Prayer: "Empower me Lord to preach the gospel with zeal."

Quote: "Join the faithful reapers."

Bible Reading in one Year: Mark 16:15; 2 Timothy 4:2-8

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:33am On Jan 10, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
JANUARY THURSDAY 10, 2019

STAY OFF TEMPTING STUFF

"Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims abstain from fleshly lust, which war against the soul" (1 Peter 2:11).

Heaven is where God dwells it operates according to God's principles and values. As a Christian, we have no permanent home on earth and our citizenship is not here. We are mere sojourners and are passing on to our eternal home in heaven. As a sojourner in the world, we will not give ourselves up to sinful pleasure. Satan is waging a war against Christian and according to John Osteen. "The primary place of attack by Satan is in the mind and thought life. He brings dirty imaginations of indulgence in alcoholic beverages or trying out marijuana and other hard drugs. A detour to that realm could result in affliction with diseases of the mind and body. And no one finds it funny keeping frequency appointments with doctors or psychiatrist, especially a young person schooling or trying to start a successful career.

As a Christian, we should not indulge in anything that will ruin our souls. Even while engaging in our necessities of life activities such as studies, work, or domestic chores, our affections should be on heaven. Playing with tempting stuff is sin and damns the soul.

Chɑllenge: "Abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul."

Prɑyer: "Oh Lord, sanctify me through my trust."

Quote: "Playing with tempting stuff is sin and damnation of souls."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Romans 13:14, 1 John 2:12-17

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:09am On Jan 11, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 10, 2018

HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD
TEXT: JEREMIAH 2:3

"Israel was holiness unto the LORD, and the firstfruits of his increase: all that devour him shall offend; evil shall come upon them, saith the LORD" (Jeremiah 2:3).

A Christian Writer narrated how he and his wife came across a road named Godliman street while taking a walk in London. On enquiry about the street, they were told that a certain man once lived there whose life was so saintly that his street was named, 'That godly man's street'. What a challenge to all Christian youths! How are you living your life?

"Israel was holiness!" what a sad note! May it not be said that "I was holiness" or "you were holiness". Our holiness must be current. Is your life Holy unto the Lord? Can your family members, associates, neighbours, teachers and fellow students describe your Christian life as saintly as the man in our illustration? God expects you to be holy, no matter the corruption in the society. Amidst persecutions, denials and mockery, remain holy. Daniel lived a holy life among wicked men and God delivered him in the lions' den. Ask God to sanctify you to make Holy living easy for you. Like Daniel, God will also defend and deliver you from evil.

Challenge: "To enjoy God's protection, live a holy life."

Prayer: "Help me Lord to live a holy life in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Ask God to sanctify you."

Bible Reading in one Year: Hebrews 12:14; 1 Peter 1:14-16

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.