Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,816 members, 7,813,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker - Religion (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker (1387347 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:59am On Jan 11, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY JANUARY 11, 2019

IN THIS ERA, BE SOBER, PRAY
TEXT: 1 PETER 4:7

"But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer" (1 Peter 4:7).

This era signifies the end of the Church age and the Rapture, which is the first phase of the Second Coming of Christ, and can take place at any time. Christ's Second Coming is certain. So, believers should be prepared. The Last Days, which is this era, is prophesied to be characterised by lawlessness, disobedience to parents, blasphemy, despising holy and good people; pride and loving pleasure more than God, among other vices (2 Timothy 3:1-4). The evils of the Last Days can be seen in the unprecedented level of wickedness going on in the world today. These include terrorism, occult practices, sexual perversion, drug addiction, falling standard of the marriage institution, rape and other kinds of violence.

We must not allow ourselves to be swept along by the evil tide of this era. Today's text is instructive to heaven bound Christians. The events of this era call for soberness, watchfulness and prayerfulness. How often do you pray? These are no times to be frivolous and distracted from our devotion to God by the affairs of this world, but to remain steadfast, serving the Lord.

Chɑllenge: "How often do you seek God?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me in this period."

Quote: "Christ's Second Coming is certain."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Luke 21:36, 1 Thessalonians 5:6

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:16am On Jan 12, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, JANUARY 12, 2019

FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE AND YOU
TEXT: LUKE 15:11-32

"And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living" (Luke 15:13).

It is sad, and certainly the beginning of catastrophe when men look upon God's financial gift as something simply to be grabbed and spent casually. Robert Kiyosaki aptly puts it thus: "Intelligence solves problems and produces money. Money without financial intelligence is money soon gone." The prodigal son in our text-only considered the present gratification of wealth without looking at ways of investing against the future. He requested for his inheritance from the father with the intention of enjoying his life, not realising that money flies when not properly invested. He wasted his inheritance as fast as he could and became a poor man and a beggar, within a short period of time.

Youths today need to be financially intelligent by thinking ahead and investing profitably towards their future success. This requires diligence with calculative, financial and business thinking. They need to utilise their God-given talents and fearlessness in starting up their own ventures. Remember this: "Willful waste brings woeful want."

Chɑllenge: "What is spent is gone, invest wisely"

Prɑyer: "Lord, increase my little faith."

Quote: "Willful waste brings woeful want."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Psalm 105:24, Job 8:7

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by CuddleBear(f): 4:14am On Jan 12, 2019
God please help me out of my current financial crisis
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:14am On Jan 12, 2019
CuddleBear:

Amen! smiley
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by CuddleBear(f): 1:08pm On Jan 12, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Amen! smiley
thanks
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:35pm On Jan 13, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, JANUARY 13, 2019

HE CAN SEE YOU THROUGH
TEXT: EPHESIANS 6:10-12

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not" (Jeremiah 33:3).

Trials should not surprise us, or cause us to doubt God's faithfulness. Rather, we should use them to strengthen our trust in God so that our faith will not fail. Our challenges should burn down self-confidence and drive us to our Saviour. "God cannot change. He cannot be anything other than who He is. Out of His love and His promises, you were selected as His treasure. God's faithfulness has been the bedrock of His dealings with humanity throughout time," declared Graham Cooke. The songwriter Frances J. Crosby also reminds us of the Blessed assurance we have in Christ Jesus. Her life, mission and global Christian impact is an affirmation that God can see us through.

Like Job did, we are to call upon God in the turmoil of life and allow nothing to steal our joy away. He will show us great and mighty things and restore all that is lost if we trust Him still.

Chɑllenge: "God can not change"

Prɑyer: "Heavenly Father, help me to confide in You."

Quote: "Call upon God in the turmoil of life."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Ephesians 6:10-12

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:41pm On Jan 13, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, JANUARY 13, 2018

I SHALL NOT BE MOVED
TEXT: PSALM 1:2

"My soul, wait Thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defense; I shall not be moved" (Psalms 62:5,6).

A story was told of a boy crossing the ocean with his father, the captain of the ship. They ran into a storm which frightened everyone except the boy. When asked why he was unafraid he said, "I have my eyes on that window. Through it, I can see the bridge and on that bridge is my father. He is captain of this ship. He has taken it through many storms and I know he will take this one through." What a confidence!

In our text, King David refused to be moved by persecution from his enemies because God was his Rock, salvation and defence. Beloved, are you facing challenges in your physical or spiritual life? Like King David, fix your eyes on God. Do not be moved. Consecrate your life to God and trust in Him. Surely He will see you through every storm of life.

Challenge: "Refuse to be moved by challenges of life."

Prayer: "Help me Lord to trust you amidst Storms of life."

Quote: "Fix your eye on God."

Bible Reading in one Year: Psalm 62:1-8

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:59am On Jan 14, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY JANUARY 14, 2019

MARKS OF THE SPIRITUAL MAN
TEXT: JOHN 3:6

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit" (John 3:6).

The regenerated youth who keeps away from sin is spiritual. He receives the power to act right and says no to all destructive acts of the flesh that have ruined the destiny of many intelligent but careless ones. The spiritual youth walks in wisdom, and adds virtues of patience, temperance, gentleness, meekness, faith, love and kindness daily to his faith as he seeks help from the Holy Spirit to guide him in all things. He understands and lives with the consciousness that Satan and his flesh are constantly at war with his precious soul. This awareness propels him to draw closer to God and obey Him in all things, especially by studying and meditating on God's word, praying and preaching the gospel of the Kingdom.

Like Daniel, the Christian youth can stand out by renewing his mind and proving that which is good and acceptable before God. He begins the day with sweet fellowship with God from whom he draws strength and retires with a talk at dusk with the heavenly Father who directs his steps.

Chɑllenge: "Feed on God's word"

Prɑyer: "Lord help me to be discerning in Jesus name."

Quote: "Youth who turn away from sin is spiritual."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Romans 12:2, Psalm 51:10, Job 8:7

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:16am On Jan 15, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY JANUARY 14, 2018

GOOD THINGS FROM GOD
TEXT: JAMES 1:17

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning" (James 1:17).

I like the way God qualifies the gifts He gives. They are good and they are perfect. He gives material and financial wealth for our enjoyment. The gift of life, salvation and other Christian experiences are from God. So are such virtues as wisdom, knowledge, understanding and various abilities.

However, Elizabeth Elliot said, "If we hold tightly to anything given to us, unwilling to let it go when the time comes to let it go or unwilling to allow it to be used as the Giver means it to be used, we stunt the growth of the soul... 'If God gave it to me,' we say, 'It's mine. I can do what I want with it.' No...It is ours to thank Him for and ours to offer back to Him."

Your life and everything you have comes from God and belongs to Him. Can you surrender all to Him with thanksgiving? God says, "My son, give me thine heart... " (Proverbs 23:26). Be born again and receive gifts from God, including eternal life.

Challenge: "Be grateful to God for all His good gifts to you."

Prayer: "Help me Lord God to surrender my life and my all to you."

Quote: "Be born again and receive gifts from God."

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Chronicles 29: 11, 12; 1 Corinthians 4:7

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:32am On Jan 15, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY JANUARY 15, 2019

AMBASSADORS
TEXT: JOHN 3:6

"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God" (2 Corinthians 5:20).

As Watter Bagehot states, "An ambassador is not simply an agent, he is a spectacle." The Christian youth is called out of sin to have the lifestyle of Christ as His ambassador here on earth everywhere and at all times. Therefore, the youth as an ambassador walks in wisdom. He doesn't abuse the opportunities bestowed on him but is mindful of the cunning devices of the enemy. He is careful in the way he uses the internet and makes new friends. He learns daily of Christ, his Saviour and walks in His steps. He is conscious of God's presence, and yields not to peer pressure as he dares to be different.

Like the three Hebrew young men who refused to deny and bring dishonour to the name of the Lord before an earthly king, youths can be true ambassadors of Christ today by shunning and abhorring all forms of sinful pleasures or allurements from others around them. They are to represent the interest and glory of heaven as earthly ambassadors do for the sake of their countries.

Chɑllenge: "Let others see Jesus in you"

Prɑyer: "My God, help me to be like Jesus, my Master."

Quote: "Represent the interest and glory of Heaven."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 2 Corinthians 5:20, Ephesians 6:20

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
MONDAY JANUARY 15, 2018

THE WITNESS WITHIN
TEXT: ROMANS 8:1-14

"The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God" (Romans 8:16).

Many who claim to be Christians, including youths, often experience inward conflict on the genuineness of their salvation. They are active in Church but lack assurance of salvation. Genuine salvation follows acknowledgement and confession of sin and receiving Christ as one's personal Lord and Saviour by faith. At salvation, we receive the earnest of the Spirit (2 Corinthians 1:22). This is referred to as a little deposit in our hearts of the Spirit as a foretaste of the expected greater measure at Spirit baptism. Hence the Spirit can bear witness with a new convert's spirit that he or she is God's child.

Beloved, do you have an inner witness that you are God's child? If you do, then when Satan makes you doubt the genuineness of your salvation, resist and rebuke him. However, do not allow sin in your life. Oswald J. Smith states, "God will never pour out His Spirit on the flesh. Sin and Spirituality cannot co-exist. The Holy Spirit will not occupy a dirty heart." Be faithful to God and enjoy the witness of the Spirit in your daily walk.

Challenge: "Do not grieve or quench the Holy Spirit."

Prayer: "Help me Lord to heed the witness of the Holy Spirit."

Quote: "The Holy Spirit will not occupy a dirty heart."

Bible Reading in one Year: Romans 8:1-14

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by IjebuWarrior: 1:01am On Jan 16, 2019
CuddleBear:

Na broke you go broke die.. grin
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:39am On Jan 16, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 16, 2019

PARENTS DESERVE HONOUR
TEXT: ROMANS 1:30-32

"Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise)" (Ephesians 6:1, 2).

Charles R. Swindoll admonishes that, "The very best proof of your love for your Lord is obedience…nothing more, nothing less, nothing else." Obedience to God is equally an honour to Him. God still demands from youths of today inward reverence, as well as outward expressions and acts of obedience to parents in all things as far as it is not in disobedience to His commands. With the onset of puberty and enlightenment, it is common to find youths who are stubbornly unbending and disrespectful in presenting their perceptions of issues to their parents, teachers and others. Youths usually consider the views of their parents as old school of thought. Often, this results in strained relationship with parents and forfeiture of the timely fulfilment of God's promise. What a loss!

Like young David, who said, "Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments" (Psalm 119:66), we should desire to be teachable for there is always something more to learn outside the school walls. Make obedience to your parents a priority as that is the will of God for you.

Chɑllenge: "Obedience to God is equally an honour to Him"

Prɑyer: "Give me a humble and obedient heart, oh God."

Quote: "Make obedience to your parents a priority."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Romans 1:30-32

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by CuddleBear(f): 9:07pm On Jan 16, 2019
ljebuWarrior:

Na broke you go broke die.. grin
Doesn't matter what you say ,
i believe God would supply my needs soon
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:17am On Jan 17, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, JANUARY 17, 2019

THE NEED TO PRAY IS GREATER NOW
TEXT: MATTHEW 26:41

"Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak" (Matthew 26:41).

Happenings all around us are things which reveal the uncertainties in the global world. The sequence of events calls not only for diligence but watchfulness and prayers. The Christian youth must be on guard lest he falls into the temptation to apply worldly wisdom and deny his faith in Christ like Peter, all in the quest to survive, be appreciated, and accepted in the competitive world. Today's text reveals people's proneness to overconfidence, and cautions Christians not to be reliant on their own strength and ability in bearing afflictions for Christ, lest they be caught off guard by Satan.

At the place of prayer, the youth finds comfort for his soul, direction on the pathway to follow and assurance on how things will work out for him. The Holy Spirit keeps him from avoidable mistakes and reveals deep things which keep him away from present and future dangers. Hence the youth can joyfully sing, "I'm not alone (2x) in all my journey, Jesus is with me. I am not alone."

Chɑllenge: "Prayer is the key"

Prɑyer: "Teach me Lord how to pray."

Quote: "The Christian youth must be on guard."

Further Reading: Luke 18:1

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:34pm On Jan 17, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 17, 2018

WHAT THE FATHER FORBIDS
TEXT: ROMANS 6:1,2

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we that are dead to sin, live any longer therein" (Romans 6:1,2).

A Christian writer wrote about Calvin Coolidge, a former American President. One Sunday, he attended a Church service and on his return, his wife enquired about the preacher's message. He replied, "Sin." His wife further enquired about what the preacher said concerning sin. He simply replied, "The preacher was against sin." Yes, God is against sin too. God forbids sin. He was angry with the sinner everyday (Psalm 7:11). When He saw the world at the time of Noah wallowing in sin, He destroyed it with flood and later, Sodom and Gomorrah with fire.

Our text warns that having been dead to sin, by repentance, you cannot longer live therein. You must flee from all forms of defilement. Is there any sin your conscience is troubling you about? "The way to keep the heart quiet is to keep ourselves and the love of God and to do nothing to offend Him," wrote Henry. If you can a sinner, then repent and surrender your life to Christ. God Will forgive and impute His righteousness to you.

Challenge: "Repent of your sins and live for God."

Prayer: "Help me Lord to flee from sin and live to please you."

Quote: "God forbids sin."

Bible Reading in one Year: Romans 6:1-14

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY JANUARY 18, 2019

YOU WILL BE TESTED
TEXT: 2 KINGS 2:2

"And Elijah said unto Elisha, Tarry here, I pray thee; for the LORD hath sent me to Bethel. And Elisha said unto him, As the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. So they went down to Bethel" (2 Kings 2:2).

The story was told of a young man, who went for a job interview. Unknown to him, he was being monitored from the camera as he got into the premises. At the gate, he stopped to look at running water from a pipe and quickly locked the pipe to avoid wastage of more water as he hurried into the waiting room on the top floor. On getting there, the large number of applicants he met reduced his hope of securing the post. However, he was informed that he just passed the interview. The running water from the pipe was deliberately allowed as a test by the employer to select whom he felt fitted best the advertised position. Sadly none of the others passed the test as they failed to lock the opened tap. They did not recognize the test and so failed woefully.

Life is a series of tests which come in various forms. In the case of Elisha, the instruction to "Tarry here" seemed so harmless but he could have missed the double portion of Elijah's anointing. Aim to pass your tests.

Chɑllenge: "Prayerfully attempt your tests and gain your victories"

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord to identify and overcome life's test."

Quote: "Aim to pass your test."

Further Reading: 2 Corinthians 8:2

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:48am On Jan 19, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, JANUARY 19, 2019

YOU WILL BE TEMPTED
TEXT: MATTHEW 4:2, 3

"And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, He was afterward an hungred. And when the tempter came to Him, He said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread" (Matthew 4:2, 3).

Temptation is an enticement to do evil. It comes from the devil. A classic example is that of the serpent tempting Eve in the Garden of Eden. Eve fell due to her own lust. Everyone faces temptations at one time or another; no one is immune. A little child or youth is as open to temptation just as an adult. The degree and frequency, however, may vary from person to person. A Christian minister is therefore as prone to temptation as the young convert, if not more. "Temptation does not cease when we receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Saviour. Temptation does not lessen when we serve Him and give our lives to Him. When we try to let the principles of Jesus Christ rule in our business lives, Satan never relaxes his efforts," says J. H. Linton.

The Christian youth must, therefore, be prepared and pray for grace to overcome temptations. As portrayed in our text, Jesus was tempted just as we are but He did not fall. Trust in God and you too will not fall in Jesus' name.

Chɑllenge: "Be prepared, temptations come unannounced"

Prɑyer: "In the means of temptations, stand by me, oh Lord."

Quote: "Jesus was tempted just as we are."

Further Reading: James 1:12, Revelation 3:10, 1 Peter 1:7

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY JANUARY 19, 2018

TEKEL
TEXT: DANIEL 5:27

"TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting" (Daniel 5:27).

Jenny was a brilliant university student who made excellent grades in her courses. In her final year, Jenny became proud, boastful and also slothful with her studies. Trusting in herself and her ability, she did not prepare well for her examination. Consequently, Jenny failed some final year courses and could not graduate with her mates. She was devastated and helpless. One of her teachers counseled her and encouraged her to humble herself and surrender her life to Christ. Jenny gave her life to Christ following which she realized her folly. Jenny learnt her lesson in a hard way. What about you?

"The Word of God admonishes,".......fear God and keep His commandments...and humble (yourself) in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up" (Ecclesiastes 12:13; James 4:10). Recognize God as your Creator and surrender your life to Him. Flee from all appearance of evil and God will exalt you in all area of your life.

Challenge: "Humble yourself before God."

Prayer: "Help me Lord to live a humble and submissive life in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Recognize God as your Creator."

Bible Reading in one Year: Daniel 5:18-28

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32am On Jan 20, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, JANUARY 20, 2019

UNANSWERED PRAYER?
TEXT: MATTHEW 4:2, 3

"If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me" (Psalm 66:18).

It is great when youths pray. It causes the enemy of our souls to tremble because he knows the havoc these vibrant holy young ones can wreak in his kingdom but mocks sinning boys and girls when they pray. God delights in hearing the petition of young ones; however, when they drink iniquity like water and engage in prayer, it is an abomination that prevents them from getting answers to their prayers. 'Unanswered prayers' may not always be due to sin. Someone said, "If the request isn't right the answer is 'No.' If the timing isn't right His answer is 'slow.' If you aren't ready yet His answer is 'Grow.' When everything is ready and right…His answer is 'Go.'

Youths should understand that God's 'No' is not always a rejection but a redirection either to first repent of unconfessed sin or a preparation to give something better than was asked for. Prayers must, however, be in line with the revealed will of God for them to be answered.

Chɑllenge: "The prayer of a righteous youth is powerful and effective"

Prɑyer: "Teach me to pray, Oh God!"

Quote: "God's 'No' is not always rejection but a redirection."

Further Reading: James 1:6, Job 15:16

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:53am On Jan 21, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, JANUARY 21, 2019

STAND TALL, NO SHAME
TEXT: PHILIPIANS 1:20

"According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death" (Philippians 1:20).

The greatest desire of every true Christian youth should be that Christ may be magnified and glorified as he or she daily presents his or her body a living sacrifice. It is for the glory of Christ that we serve Him boldly and not being ashamed of Him. Those who are ashamed of Christ are not worthy of Him. Youths are to boldly stand for Christ where ever they find themselves. It is heartwarming to note that in these last days where some youths are getting spiritually cold, lukewarm or backslidden outright, many (boys and girls), are still not only standing for Christ, but are in His army, to live or die for Him.

Those who desire that Christ may be magnified in their bodies have a holy abhorrence for ungodly trends in fashion and lifestyle among their peers. With their strong faith in Christ, they share the good news of Christ's saving and transforming power. Like Paul in our text, the Christian youth must, however, remember that his ability to face each day with boldness, without shame, depends on starting each day with Jesus.

Chɑllenge: "The boldness of a Christians is the honour of Christ"

Prɑyer: "Father glorify thy name in me"

Quote: "Youths are boldly to stand for Christ."

Further Reading: Psalm 27:3

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:21pm On Jan 21, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY JANUARY 20, 2018

FOCUS
TEXT: 2 KINGS 2:6

"And Elijah said unto him, Tarry, I pray thee, here; for the LORD hath sent me to Jordan. And he said, As the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. And they two went on" (2 Kings 2:6).

Al Ries opines that "Great leaders, in spite of a multitude of distractions, know how to keep things focused. They know how to inspire and motivate their followers to keep pushing. They don't let side-issues overwhelm them." This is very instructive for youths who desire to fulfill their God-ordained destinies.

In our text, Elisha refused to be dissuaded from following prophet Elijah to Jordan. He remained focused while going with his master and in return received a double of Elijah's spirit when God took him to heaven. Beloved, you must remain focused if you desire God's unlimited blessings for your life. Live your Christian life with zeal and enthusiasm. Walk diligently with God. Be disciplined and focused in your academics or career and God will help you to excel above your equals.

Challenge: "Reject every distraction and remained focused."

Prayer: "Help me Lord to focus on you at all times."

Quote: "Remain focused."

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Kings 2:1-15

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:42am On Jan 22, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY JANUARY 22, 2019

DIVINE DISOBEDIENCE
TEXT: DANIEL 3:13-26

"But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye" (Acts 4:19).

"A sinful law is made to be disobeyed," said an elderly man whose God-fearing son's right to freedom of worship was trampled upon by the authority in his school. Whenever the laws of the land contradict or contravene the law of God, the law of the land must be dropped for the law of God.

Jesus counsels us not to fear man that can only kill the body, but to fear God who alone can kill the body and soul and cast them into hell. The saints in Bible times believed this. In times of persecutions, trials and temptations, their loyalty to God was always unquestionable. They knew it was divinely approved to disobey any directive or law from any authority that would make them sin against God. Disobedience to ungodly law of people will only land us in temporary suffering on earth. But disobedience to the law of God will lead to eternal perdition. The saints in today's Bible text wisely chose to obey God not minding the persecution that might follow. Christian youths should be courageous to say 'No' to sinful instructions.

Chɑllenge: "Obedience to God bring joy"

Prɑyer: "Give me grace and courage to stand for you, Oh Lord"

Quote: "Be courageous to say 'No' to evil instructions."

Further Reading: Daniel 3:13-26

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
MONDAY JANUARY 22, 2018

A LIFT BEFORE LEAPS
TEXT: ACTS 3:7, 8

"And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. And he leaping up stood........walking and leaping and praising God" (Acts 3:7,8 ).

A lift before leaps can be explained as help before successes. A Christian youth invited a drug addict to a city wide crusade. The preacher preached on "Christ's power to deliver from sin and Satan" At the altar call, encouraging participants to surrender their lives to Christ and believe in God's power to heal. The addict surrendered his life to Christ. As the preacher prayed, he was miraculously delivered from his addiction with all the withdrawal symptoms gone. With excitement, he later ran to the altar and gave a challenging testimony. Hallelujah!

The world acclaimed authorities were helped before their successes came. Alfred Nobel, Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, and of recent, Mark Zuckerberg of the Facebook fame, were all helped to learn at the elementary school level before becoming experts, achieving successes by leaps and bounds. God also expects us to lift up the downcast to leap for joy. Like Peter and John, God has given believers power to preach, heal the sick and deliver the oppressed. Christ expects us to do greater works than He did (John 14:12).

Challenge: "Do not limit the power of God in you."

Prayer: "Help me Lord to lift up someone in need today."

Quote: "Lift up the downcast to leap for joy."

Bible Reading in one Year: John 14:12; Acts 10:38

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:58am On Jan 23, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 23, 2019

FEAR GOD
TEXT: JOB 1:1-3

"And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife's sake" (Genesis 20:11).

It is the fool who says that there is no God, and there is no fear of God in his heart. Such was the case of the Italian Dictator, Benito Amilcare Mussolini. He was born on 29 July 1883 and brought up a Catholic. Hating religion, at the age of 17, he stood and declared, "God, if you are there, strike me dead." God did not do it immediately. He became a journalist and politician, and eventually the Prime Minister of Italy. However, on 28 April 1945 at the age of 61, he was summarily executed by firing squad, and his body taken to Milan and hung upside down at a service station for the public to view.

Once, Abraham found himself among the heathen. Knowing that these lawless people who had no fear of God in them would expectedly kill him to have his wife, Abraham feared and lied that Sarah was his sister. God, however, saved the situation. The absence of God's fear is everywhere today. But you should fear and obey God rather than men, no matter the situation.

Chɑllenge: "God's terror awaits the godless"

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord to fear you and do right always"

Quote: "Absence of God's fear is everywhere."

Further Reading: Job 1:1-3

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:12am On Jan 24, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, JANUARY 24, 2019

VACANCY IN HEAVEN
TEXT: LUKE 10:1-2

"And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before Me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none" (Ezekiel 22:30).

The vacancy in heaven is not for people in need of secular job placement. The decree of death is upon all sinners and God wants to reach out to them with the gospel before His judgment falls on them. He, therefore, needs faithful soul winners and intercessors. Someone said that "The task designated by Christ, was taken up and carried forward marvellously by the early Church in the dynamic power of the Holy Spirit. This is the only power sufficient to complete the task. This power is given in response to the intercessions of God's people. So God seeks intercessors." Yes, God is looking for a crop of young men and women to pray and win souls for His Kingdom, people who can travail in prayer for the deliverance and salvation of sinners from the impending doom.

For enlistment in this heavenly and highly rewarding job, you must be born again, have a pure heart and filled with the power of God's Spirit for effectiveness. You can then pray for the salvation of your schoolmates and staff; pray for your neighbours. There is no time to waste.

Chɑllenge: "Apply for intercessor"

Prɑyer: "Give me burden for intercession, Lord"

Quote: "God seeks intercessors."

Further Reading: Luke 10:1-2

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY JANUARY 23, 2018

NEVER PROCRASTINATE
TEXT: JOHN 9:4

"I must work the works of Him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work" (John 9:4).

When a procrastinator has finally made up his mind the opportunity has always passed by," said John L. Mason. A story was told of a young man, who lived a reckless life, addicted to alcohol and hard drugs. He frequently had serious health problems requiring emergency intervention. His only sister, who was a Christian, always came to his rescue. She cared for him and passionately preached the gospel to him, persuading him to surrender his life to Christ who only could deliver him from his predicament. He promised to accept Christ but never did until he suddenly died. What a warning to unbelievers who put off salvation and Christians who procrastinate preaching!

Beloved, resolve never to procrastinate in your studies, domestic chores or job. Moreover, preach the gospel without procrastinating at school and anywhere there is an opportunity. "I must work," declared Jesus. Many youths are dying without Christ. Remember, God will require their blood at your hand (Ezekiel 3:18). Divine rewards await soul winners. If you have not surrendered to Christ, do so now and escape hell.

Challenge: "Preach the gospel to someone today."

Prayer: "Help me Lord to be faithful in preaching the gospel."

Quote: "Resolve never to procrastinate."

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Timothy 4:2-4; Ezekiel 3:17-21

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:50am On Jan 25, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, JANUARY 25, 2019

SPIRIT OF THE LAST DAY
TEXT: 1 TIMOTHY 4:1-2

"For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy" (2 Timothy 3:2).

"No God anywhere. No hell. When you die, that's the end. I don't care if I go to hell. I'll enjoy this world. I must have money. I don't care how I get it." These are the hellish utterances that characterize the speech of many unsaved souls around the world today. The prophetic message in our Bible text today, has already been fulfilled. What is happening now is the overflow of these evils in many societies. Greed, pride, disobedience, stubbornness, corruption, immorality, dishonesty and all shades of evil have become the normal way of life in schools, homes and offices among adults and youths.

Regrettably, the spirit of the last days has entered the Church too. So-called Christians freely crack jokes with the scriptures and blaspheme the revered names of God. Children are becoming more disobedient to God, parents, teachers and spiritual leaders. Holiness preaching is becoming outdated among believers as worldliness has taken over their modes of worship, dressing, wedding, and other ceremonies. You must resist the devil by putting on the whole armour of God to conquer the spirit of the last days.

Chɑllenge: "Which spirit is controlling you?"

Prɑyer: "Reject the spirit of the lasts day in Jesus name"

Quote: "Holiness preaching is becoming outdated."

Further Reading: 1 Timothy 4:1-2

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:04pm On Jan 26, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, JANUARY 26, 2019

PERIL OF STUBBORNNESS
TEXT: 1 TIMOTHY 4:1-2

"For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, He hath also rejected thee from being king" (1 Samuel 15:23).

Have you ever given it a thought that there was a stubborn person like King Saul in the New Testament? Yes, it was Judas Iscariot; stubbornness took his name from the Book of Life. Both of them have been wailing and sobbing for ages in hell.

Judas Iscariot was at the mountain where Jesus gave the greatest message ever preached, the Beatitude. He was one of the twelve disciples sent out to preach the gospel with signs and wonders. He came back with the seventy disciples who went out for soul winning with testimonies. He received enough warnings. But he stubbornly sold his soul to hell. King Saul was also rejected because he was too stubborn and arrogant to obey God. King Saul lost his soul to hell and his throne to a broken-hearted and humble boy, David, who was ready to obey God. Do you harden your heart to the Bible teaching? Be warned. No stubborn person, whether an adult or a child, will make heaven. Stubbornness leads to loss of favour, discipline, rejection and eternal regrets.

Chɑllenge: "Are you free from stubbornness?"

Prɑyer: "Break the yoke of stubbornness in me, Oh Lord"

Quote: "Stubbornness leads to lost of favour."

Further Reading: 1 King 22:26-28, 34-36

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:36pm On Jan 27, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, JANUARY 27, 2019

THE LIFE THAT PLEASES GOD
TEXT: MATTHEW 5:13-16

"And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered My servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?" (Job 1:8).

Almighty God singled out Job among millions of people in his days as a man that pleased Him in all his ways. It means Job daily lived a life of obedience that glorified, and honoured God. He lived a perfect and righteous life. God was bold to challenge Satan that there was none like His servant Job on earth.

How was Job able to please God with his life? The Bible says Job feared God and shunned evil. The fear of God in Job made him to be conscious of God's presence everywhere and that God had perfect knowledge of his doings. The fear of God made him hate anything that displeased God. Jesus also pleased God. Concerning David, God said that he was a man after His own heart. What will God say of you? God will judge every sin that man commits except it is confessed and cleansed with the blood of Jesus. If you are a true child of God, His fear will keep you away from evil. Do you live in conformity to the word of God?

Chɑllenge: "Fear God and be blessed like job."

Prɑyer: "Grant me grace to shun evils, Oh God"

Quote: "Almighty God singled out Job among millions of people in his days."

Further Reading: Matthew 5:13-16

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:49pm On Jan 28, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY JANUARY 28, 2019

AN INCOMPARABLE LOVE
TEXT: ROMANS 5:6-8

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not" (1 John 3:1).

The award-winning movie, The Passion of the Christ, written by Gibson and Benedict Fitzgerald in 2004, x-rays the final twelve hours of Jesus on His way for crucifixion. The movie vividly shows the agony and the unbearable pains that Jesus went through as He was carrying the heavy Cross and at the same time being beaten mercilessly with iron stripes by the Roman soldiers down to nailing Him on the Cross.

The emotion-packed film does show to some extent the incomparable sacrifice of Christ to redeem humanity from sin and hell. The forgiveness of sins and salvation of our souls will not be possible without the love of God. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). The point is that: Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing power? Don't allow the sacrifice of Christ to be in vain in your life. Embrace the love of Jesus now before it is too late.

Chɑllenge: "Let's reciprocate the love of God."

Prɑyer: "Lord Jesus, strengthen me to spread your love"

Quote: "Embrace the love of Jesus now."

Further Reading: Romans 5:6-8

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:52am On Jan 29, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, JANUARY 29, 2019

ARISE AND SHINE
TEXT: 2 CORINTHIANS 3:1-4

"Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee" (Isaiah 60:1).

A car owner took his car to his mechanic to know why the headlamps were always dim at night. The mechanic laughed as he looked at the two headlamps. "What is it?" the man enquired. "The two headlamps are dirty. They need a thorough washing. After that, the lights will shine," the mechanic replied.

Just as the dirty headlamps cannot shine, so also a sinner cannot shine for God because he is dirty and polluted with sin. It is the saints that have been washed within and without in the precious blood of the Lamb that can shine brightly for God. The Bible commands all the redeemed of the Lord to arise and shine. How do we shine? The Lord Jesus makes it clearer: "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 5:16). The children of God are to be distinct in character and conduct from the unbelievers. They must live a life that daily glorifies the name of Jesus. Moreover, God's children shine by preaching the gospel everywhere.

Chɑllenge: "Are you washed and shining for God?"

Prɑyer: "Make my life draw the lost to you, Lord."

Quote: "Let your light so shine before men."

Further Reading: 2 Corinthians 3:1-4

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.