Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,444 members, 7,819,642 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple - Religion (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple (1393996 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 11, 2022

LOSE HEAD, GAIN CHRIST
TEXT: MARK 6:18-28

"And she came in straightway with haste unto the king, and asked, saying, I will that thou give me by and by in a charger the head of John the Baptist" (MARK 6:25).

Richard Baxter declared, "If there be glory laid up for them that die in the Lord; much more shall they be glorified that die for the Lord." Indeed, Jesus died on the Cross of Calvary to empower all who would victoriously live for Him in this world, triumphing over Satan and all his hosts.

Living for Jesus, in turn, requires dying to self, so much so that we are willing to choose Him, who is our eternal life, over and above our transient life on earth. John the Baptist made a decision to defend and glorify Christ; and lost his head in the process, but was celebrated in Heaven.

The world has always been hostile to the saints and is not getting kinder today. Unbelievers are even getting more hostile to the saints as we are closer to the end of the age.

However, do not fear, Jesus said, "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matthew 10:28).

Quote: "The world has always been hostile to the saints"

Chɑllenge: "Just seek Jesus, at the expense of all."

Prɑyer: "Grant me grace, LORD, to ignore the whole world and embrace Jesus"

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 12, 2022

OUR MOST IMPORTANT DUTY
TEXT: ECCLESIASTES 12:9-14

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man" (ECCLESIASTES 12:12, 13).

Today's Bible text simplifies for us the whole or essential duty of man on earth. It is to fear God and keep His commandments. The reverential fear of God drives us to keep His commandments, and they are not grievious.

We are to love God and worship Him only. Moreover, we are to love our neighbours as ourselves. "I'd rather be biblically correct than politically correct," says Mark Batterson. This quote underscores the supremacy of our relationship with God, over and above every other relationship with people or things of this life.

Deluded by the seeming reality presented by socialization processes experienced from birth, most humans get engrossed in seeking after material possessions and carnal pleasures until they die - missing the Saviour eternally.

But the primary reason for our creation is to manifest the glory of God. And this is only possible when we repent of our sins and accept Jesus Christ as Lord and personal Saviour. Youths who are engaged in magical arts, false religions and criminal activities should repent because they are opposed to God.

Quote: "Manifest God's glory"

Chɑllenge: "Prioritize your relationship with God above all else."

Prɑyer: "I need grace, O God, to do your will always, in Jesus' name"

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 13, 2022

OUR WALK AND WARFARE
TEXT: 2 CORINTHIANS 10:3-7

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh" (2 CORINTHIANS 10:3).

"Spiritual warfare is what happens when He enlists us in His cause and equips us to join His battle. It's about light invading darkness," says David Powlison.

Every sinner that repents and receives Jesus as Lord and personal Saviour, is, at the same moment, enlisted into the army of the LORD. Such a person, having been delivered from the kingdom of darkness, immediately attains limelight, identified by Satan and his agents for either backsliding or total elimination.

But, our God, the only wise God (1 Timothy 1:17), adequately equips us, on conversion, to uproot and subdue the kingdom of darkness through the name of Jesus Christ. Thus, every day is a battle for every true Christian. We must, therefore, live in this consciousness for daily victory.

Therefore, put on the whole armour of God because our warfare is against Satan and his cohorts. We must overcome them with the spiritual armour. Soldier of Christ, where is your armour? Put it on and stand firm, praying fervently, and walking always by faith and love.

Quote: "Put on the whole armour of God"

Chɑllenge: "Be vigilant and overcome your enemies."

Prɑyer: "I plead, Lord, for the wisdom and power to fight the daily spiritual battles"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:29pm On Nov 15, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY NOVEMBER 14, 2022

PAST AND PRESENT STATUS
TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-11

"And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God" (1 CORINTHIANS 6:11).

The entire human race was lost and heading for eternal damnation but for the timely intervention of God with a redemption plan, personified in Jesus Christ. Having paid the supreme price on the Cross of Calvary, Jesus invites all who would believe, to come and receive eternal life.

Those who heed this call are instantaneously delivered from darkness and translated into the kingdom of His dear Son (John 1:7-11; Colossians 1:13). Thus, a new creature is born, as observed by Lee Strobel: "Jesus Christ did not come into this world to make bad people good; He came into this world to make dead people live."

So, your past status is that you were dead in sins and trespasses - a fornicator, thief, drunkard, etc. But all that has changed; your present status is beautiful. It says that you are washed, sanctified and justified (1 Corinthians 6:11). Praise the Lord!

If indeed you are born again, you are like a person who went for a comprehensive medical examination and is declared free of any disease. It is wonderful!

Quote: "Your present status is beautiful"

Chɑllenge: "Turn away from your sinful past and embrace a saintly future in Christ."

Prɑyer: "Grant me the grace, O Lord, to ignore my past and sustain my new life"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35am On Nov 17, 2022
Come ye apart and renew your strength (Mark 6:31)
The convener, Global Crusade with Kumuyi (GCK), Pst (Dr) W. F. Kumuyi invites Ministers and church Workers to a special global workers conference with the theme: Triumphing in Ministry even in Troublous Times.
Date: 17th - 20th Nov, 2022
Please share/ inform your church leaders and workers.
Venue: Contact the nearest Deeper Life Bible Church to you Or
Online:
Facebook https://facebook.com/pastorkumuyiofficial
YouTube: https://youtube.com/dclmhq
_GCK_ - _The_ _Gospel_ _to_ _Every_ _Creature_

Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:23pm On Nov 17, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 17, 2022

TALENTS FOR FRUITFUL TOIL - 3
TEXT: MATTHEW 25:24-30

"And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (MATTHEW 25:30).

Using the parable of the talents, our Lord Jesus Christ, illustrates the principle of compensation for spiritual service in the kingdom. In this last part of the parable, we encounter a "wicked and slothful servant," who would not make any attempt to invest the lone talent given to him. The talents were distributed to each servant "according to his several ability... because he knew all men" (Matthew 25:15; John 2:24).

Every resource at our disposal, material or spiritual, has been wisely allocated to each of us, according to our ability for effective utilization. Each of us is, therefore, accountable to God for what we do with the talents God has made available to us. Slothful servants will regret perpetually in Christless eternity.

My friend, do not think of the slothful servant only in terms of the past. He lives in the present; he may be someone in your Church, school or family. In fact, it may be you and your buried musical and teaching gifts. Your local Church needs them but you are hiding them. Repent now!

Quote: "Slothful servants will regret perpetually"

Chɑllenge: "Avoid the lot of slothful servants."

Prɑyer: "O God, stir me in my spirit that I may serve You with all that is within me"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 18, 2022

WEALTH THROUGH GOD'S WORD
TEXT: PSALM 1:1-3

"And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper" (PSALM 1:3).

The Bible is replete with several passages that show divine path to wealth for all Christians who would keep themselves pure on their way to Heaven. Yet, deceived by the devil, many once flourishing and fiery spiritual lives have become extinguished, having been entangled in the carnal process of pursuing wealth.

Thus, comparing character (righteousness) and wealth, Billy Graham opines, "When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost."

Trusting His promises and relying on His Word alone are sure means of acquiring genuine wealth while upholding our righteousness. Our passage says that the blessed man avoids sinners - he is righteous. He reads and meditates on God's Word day and night - he is devoted to God. He is a doer - sowing at the right time in a good environment, hence, he prospers.

Beloved, the Word says "whatsoever he doeth shall prosper." Yes, God will bless the work of your hand. You must do something that God can bless. Idleness leads to poverty and slow death. Work!

Quote: "Do something that God can bless"

Chɑllenge: "Would you not trust God, who alone empowers us to make clean wealth?"

Prɑyer: "I pray for grace to wait on You, O God, until my divine prosperity is realised"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 19, 2022

FLEE CULTISM
TEXT: EPHESIANS 5:6-12

"Be not ye therefore partakers with them" (EPHESIANS 5:7).

Cultism relates to a false, secret sect which believes in mysterious agencies and practice of occult arts, magic, voodoo, witchcraft and other forms of idolatry. Latest reports indicate an escalation in the killings and other evil practices among cultists. Our Bible text of today says, "For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret" (Ephesians 5:12).

One of such gory stories was of a youth who refused all entreaties to repent of his sinful ways. He was a cultist and did not hide his identity because he felt he was invincible. After allegedly killing members of a rival gang, he was brutally killed by the opponents in the presence of his parents. His body was dismembered.

Cultism is a terrible sin against God. Repent now if you belong to one. You may be the next victim. If you are a Christian, avoid close relationship with unbelievers as you cannot tell who a cultist is. It is not written on one's face. Have nothing to do with cultism.

Quote: "Repent now if you belong to one"

Chɑllenge: "Say no to cultism."

Prɑyer: "Lord, keep me from cultism"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2022
E-Library Commissioning || GCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYcAzPtQtt0
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:07am On Nov 20, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 20, 2022

SHUN SEDITION
TEXT: GALATIANS 5:19-26

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies" (GALATIANS 5:19, 20).

Sedition is generally considered as a conduct or speech with the motive of inciting people to rebel against a constituted authority. It breeds rebellion and often violent protests, resulting in destructions of lives and properties.

As a Christian, have nothing to do with sedition. The Scripture categorises it as a work of the flesh. It is therefore at variance with the character qualities of a Christian, whose behaviour should reflect the fruit of the Spirit. Not only should you avoid sedition, you must reject every suggestion to join violent protests in your college.

Youths in some assemblies even practice sedition by staging protests against their pastors and leaders in the house of God. If you do not understand anything in your local assembly, ask your pastor for explanation, instead of engaging in sedition.

Do not join any politically motivated street protest, as it could be fatal. Many innocent youths have been killed in the process, thereby cutting short their future and the family expectations from them.

Quote: "Avoid sedition"

Chɑllenge: "Stay away from protests."

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, help me to shun sedition"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:29am On Nov 20, 2022
The Call to Reason with God and Rescue the Perishing | Worship Service || Workers' Conference || GCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waJe_lYh0uw
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:24pm On Nov 20, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY NOVEMBER 21, 2022

PURITY OF HEART
TEXT: MATTHEW 5:1-10

"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God" (MATTHEW 5:8).

When Socrates, the ancient Greek philosopher cried out, "I pray thee, O God, that I may be beautiful within," he was asking for the purity of heart.

A life characterized by purity of heart is a holy one and holiness is central to Christianity, because it is the nature of God and He demands it of His children. After the initial work of grace called salvation, God wants His children to consecrate themselves to Him and press forward to be sanctified.

As a Christian, you must consecrate and pray for heart purity. God talks about giving His children a new heart (see Ezekiel 36:26). This is the pure heart. It is indeed a prerequisite for seeing God and entering into heaven (Matthew 5:8; Psalm 24:3, 4).

You can have a pure heart which will enable you to live without sin. Yield yourself unto God now and pray with passion unto Him, and He will cleanse and purify your heart. After that experience, you will need to separate from all impurities, for God says, "...Keep thyself pure" ( 1 Timothy 5:22).

Quote: "Be ye holy for I am holy"

Chɑllenge: "Purity is a must for heaven-bound Christians."

Prɑyer: "O God, please make me pure in heart"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01am On Nov 21, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY NOVEMBER 21, 2022

PURITY OF HEART
TEXT: MATTHEW 5:1-10

"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God" (MATTHEW 5:8).

When Socrates, the ancient Greek philosopher cried out, "I pray thee, O God, that I may be beautiful within," he was asking for the purity of heart.

A life characterized by purity of heart is a holy one and holiness is central to Christianity, because it is the nature of God and He demands it of His children. After the initial work of grace called salvation, God wants His children to consecrate themselves to Him and press forward to be sanctified.

As a Christian, you must consecrate and pray for heart purity. God talks about giving His children a new heart (see Ezekiel 36:26). This is the pure heart. It is indeed a prerequisite for seeing God and entering into heaven (Matthew 5:8; Psalm 24:3, 4).

You can have a pure heart which will enable you to live without sin. Yield yourself unto God now and pray with passion unto Him, and He will cleanse and purify your heart. After that experience, you will need to separate from all impurities, for God says, "...Keep thyself pure" ( 1 Timothy 5:22).

Quote: "Be ye holy for I am holy"

Chɑllenge: "Purity is a must for heaven-bound Christians."

Prɑyer: "O God, please make me pure in heart"

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 22, 2022

HOLY GHOST BAPTISM
TEXT: LUKE 24:46-53

"And, behold, I send the promise of My Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high" (LUKE 24:49).

The baptism in the Holy Ghost is a key enabler for a successful and effective ministry of the Word. Little wonder, Jesus instructed His disciples to tarry in Jerusalem until they received the experience before setting out for the great commission.

The experience is for God's children only. Hence, Oswald J. Smith wrote, "God will never pour out His Spirit on the flesh. Sin and spirituality cannot co-exist. The Holy Spirit will not occupy a dirty heart."

The baptism in the Holy Ghost is so important that even though the gospel preaching was urgent, Jesus directed the disciples to wait and receive it before launching out. To be mightily used of God, you must have this experience. The arms of flesh are not sufficient for the work of rescuing the perishing from sin and Satan.

If you are born again and made pure, pray for the Holy Ghost baptism. God is willing to baptize you for His Word says, "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off..." (Acts 2:39a).

Quote: "The experience is for God's children"

Chɑllenge: "Are you ready for the Holy Ghost baptism?"

Prɑyer: "Fill me Lord, with Thy Spirit"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:10pm On Nov 22, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 22, 2022

HOLY GHOST BAPTISM
TEXT: LUKE 24:46-53

"And, behold, I send the promise of My Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high" (LUKE 24:49).

The baptism in the Holy Ghost is a key enabler for a successful and effective ministry of the Word. Little wonder, Jesus instructed His disciples to tarry in Jerusalem until they received the experience before setting out for the great commission.

The experience is for God's children only. Hence, Oswald J. Smith wrote, "God will never pour out His Spirit on the flesh. Sin and spirituality cannot co-exist. The Holy Spirit will not occupy a dirty heart."

The baptism in the Holy Ghost is so important that even though the gospel preaching was urgent, Jesus directed the disciples to wait and receive it before launching out. To be mightily used of God, you must have this experience. The arms of flesh are not sufficient for the work of rescuing the perishing from sin and Satan.

If you are born again and made pure, pray for the Holy Ghost baptism. God is willing to baptize you for His Word says, "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off..." (Acts 2:39a).

Quote: "The experience is for God's children"

Chɑllenge: "Are you ready for the Holy Ghost baptism?"

Prɑyer: "Fill me Lord, with Thy Spirit"

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:52pm On Nov 22, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 23, 2022

HIS SUPERNATURAL LIFE
TEXT: MATTHEW 1:18-25

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us" (MATTHEW 1:23).

Isaiah, a Hebrew prophet who lived about 700 years before the birth of Jesus Christ, prophesied that Jesus would be born of a virgin. That means that the biological process of conception was not followed in Jesus' case.

That was a key demonstration that Jesus Christ was a divine being and therefore not an offspring of the depraved man. This quality is critical in His mandate of saving mankind from sin as only a sinless being was qualified as a sin offering and propitiation for the sinful man.

Jesus was born of a virgin to take away the sin of the whole world. There are four main things that the world has been fighting against about Jesus. First, His virgin birth (incarnation); second, His physical death; third, His resurrection; and fourth, His Second Coming.

If they succeed in explaining all these away, then Christianity would have lost its foundation. However, internal evidence in the Bible proves that Jesus was born of a virgin. Have you surrendered your life to Him as your Saviour?

Quote: "Jesus was born of a virgin"

Chɑllenge: "Allow Jesus' birth to have effect in your life"

Prɑyer: "Lord, save my soul from sin"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:47am On Nov 23, 2022
Just a day to go and Yola GCK will begin! Are you ready!?

Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:22pm On Nov 23, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 24, 2022

MARY'S MEDITATION
TEXT: LUKE 2:15-21

"But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart" (LUKE 2:19).

A casual listener or reader does not benefit much from what is said. There is need to meditate on or ponder over things in our hearts. The Christian minister, H. G. Salter said, "Meditation produces warm affections, zealous resolutions, and holy actions; and therefore, if you desire to profit by hearing the word, meditate."

Mary had enough reasons to meditate. She was a young woman who had got a strange message that she was "highly favoured" amongst women to give birth supernaturally to the Saviour, Emmanuel. Then she conceived, Jesus was born, and then the visit of the shepherds who had been told by an angel of Christ's birth. It was all strange and extraordinary to Mary. Like a drama, her life's scenes were opening and changing fast. This called for meditation, and God was present to guide.

As a Christian youth, cultivate the habit of meditating on the Word of God. Whatever you hear from God's servants, ponder over it. Whatever you read, be it religious or secular books, meditate on them to profit well from them.

Quote: "Cultivate the habit of meditating on the Word"

Chɑllenge: "Do not be a casual listener"

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, help me to profit from your Word"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by brocab: 12:59am On Nov 24, 2022
If we were to read: "Jeremiah 44:17-19, 44:22,all verses-it's a good example why we shouldn't worship after the Queen of Heaven, Catholic's claim the Queen of Heaven is Mary" it's actually an "Abomination, bowing down to other god's, as scripture explains it...
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:12am On Nov 24, 2022
Today is the D-day! Our Crusade is starting this evening. May God meet us at the points of our needs with miracles of MERCY and COMPASSION in Jesus name. smiley

Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:25pm On Nov 24, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 25, 2022

SACRED SONGS
TEXT: 2 SAMUEL 6:1-5

"And David and all the house of Israel played before the LORD on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals" (2 SAMUEL 6:5).

Emily MCkendr in the International Magazine for Pastors, describes songs as, "Powerful instruments used by God in regenerating human hearts." In evangelistic work, gospel songs cannot be treated as of little value.

According to D. L. Moody, "Singing does at least as much as preaching to impress the Word of God upon people's minds. Ever since God first called me, the importance of praise expressed in song has grown upon me."

This is very true as many people have been saved, developed and established in the faith through gospel hymns and songs. Others have been healed physically, spiritually and emotionally.

Are you hurting or overwhelmed by the troubles of life? Sing! Also, if you have the gift and a call to sing in your Church choir or write/produce Christian songs, do not hesitate to heed the call.

David was multi-talented - a king, warrior, writer and musician. In contemporary times, people like Frances J. Crosby, produced "Never Give Up," Fanny Crosby, "Blessed Assurance," John Newton, "Amazing Grace," and Carl Boberg, "How Great Thou Art." You can sing to God's glory.

Quote: "You can sing to God's glory"

Chɑllenge: "Sing sacred songs and not worldly songs"

Prɑyer: "Lord, grant that I sing to your glory, in Jesus' name"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:25am On Nov 25, 2022
Ministers' and Professionals' Conference || Day 2 || The Power that Never Fails || GCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeAZouKh0ok
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:17pm On Nov 25, 2022
Day 2 || The Power that Never Fails || GCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e-KpEl6Ftw
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:16pm On Nov 25, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 26, 2022

SING HYMNS BEFORE HIM
TEXT: COLOSSIANS 3:14-17

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord" (COLOSSIANS 3:16).

Songs play the dual role of uplifting the soul and provoking God's mighty power to conquer the enemies of His children and overthrow obstacles in their way. Consider the defeat of the combined armies of Ammon, Moab and Mount Seir in 2 Chronicles 20:18-24. King Jehoshaphat and the people of Israel had faith in God. They praised God in songs and He fought their enemies for them.

Do not wait for a conducive condition before signing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Though Hannah was rejoicing for the miracle of childbirth when she sang, "There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God" (1 Samuel 2:2), others sang even in adversity.

Pastor Henry Francis Lyte was sick and in need of healing when he wrote the hymn, "Abide With Me". He died two months later but his hymn is still blessing multitudes today.

Singing refreshes and empowers. It is a source of encouragement, peace and joy. It is not enough to sing, allow God's Word to dwell in you richly.

Quote: "Singing refreshes and empowers"

Chɑllenge: "Sing hymns and be catapulted to God's presence"

Prɑyer: "Lord, may your praise not cease from my lips"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:33am On Nov 26, 2022
Impact Academy || The Power that Never Fails || GCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRmoljz7H3g
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:00am On Nov 27, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 27, 2022

LABOUR WITH THE MASTER
TEXT: JOHN 4:34-38

"Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of Him that sent Me, and to finish His work" (JOHN 4:34).

"The decree of death is upon all who have sinned, but the offer of eternal life is available to those who will believe. There is a way of escape. We must go! We must tell," writes Dr. Prince Guneratnam.

After the fall of man in the Garden of Eden, man lost his place of dominion over God's creation. Christ came to pay the ultimate price for man's redemption and reconciliation with God. He finished the work of redemption and gave His disciples a mandate to seek the lost souls.

Jesus is our Master; it is His place to provide salvation, for He came to seek and to save the lost. However, before leaving the world, He committed unto His followers the Great Commission. Like the early disciples, we are co-labourers with Christ. In labouring with Him, we are to be diligent in seeking the salvation of sinners. Our labour involves praying for and reaching out to sinners through literature and tracts, social media evangelism, and personal preaching on one-to-one. If you get involved, your labour will be rewarded both here on earth and in eternity.

Quote: "Your labour will be rewarded"

Chɑllenge: "Pray for and lead the lost to Christ"

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me the grace to lead the lost to You"

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:25pm On Nov 27, 2022
Day 4 || The Power That Never Fails || GCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEM46uYsoVE

The unfailing Power of God is fully present to save, heal and deliver, at this Global Crusade with Kumuyi:
Theme: The Power that Never Fails
Date: November 24 - 29, 2022.
Time: 16:00 GMT daily and 07:00 GMT on Sunday, November 27, 2022

Special Features:
Empowered for Excellence (Impact Academy for Youth) on November 26, 2022
Ministers' and Professionals' Conference 06:00 GMT daily on November 25, 26, 28 and 29, 2022
captioned: Empowerment for Breakthrough in Ministry

French: https://www.youtube.com/DCLMFrench
Portuguese: https://www.youtube.com/DCLMPortuguese
Spanish: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdb1AzEksSS9XJtBRlbSWRg
Yoruba: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_8VvMiqfESUVTkeCKHUobw

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pastorkumuyiofficial
https://facebook.com/dclmhq

YouTube:
https://youtube.com/dclmhq

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/dclmhq
https://www.instagram.com/officialwfkumuyi/

DCLM Webcast:
https://webcast.dclm.org

DCLM Radio
https://radio.dclm.org
You can also download the DCLM Radio app on Google Play store.

If you just gave your life to Jesus Christ, please click on the link below to help assist you further in your walk with the Lord.

Link: https://dclm.org/connectwithchrist/
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:59pm On Nov 28, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY NOVEMBER 28, 2022

POWER TO PREACH
TEXT: ACTS 1:4-8

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth" (ACTS 1:8).

In his "Missionary Review" of 1882, the Presbyterian minister, Arthur T. Pierson wrote that the three things needed to finish the Great Commission and evangelize the world were: The whole church involvement, evangelistic zeal in believers and finally the baptismal power of the Holy Spirit. He was responsible for the Student Volunteer Movement over 100 years ago.

Jesus asked His disciples to preach repentance and forgiveness of sins to all nations in Luke 24:47, but to first wait to be endued with the promised Pentecostal power (Acts 1:8). It was after this experience that the disciples began to see real results in their ministries.

This power is essential for preaching the gospel of Christ globally with deep conviction, unquestionable wisdom, boldness and conversion of sinners. Ours is to preach, the Holy Spirit does the conviction and conversion. To receive this Power, you must be saved and purified; then pray in faith (Luke 11:9-13). Stephen, the martyr who preached with great boldness and Evangelist Philip who took the gospel to Samaria with wonderful results, all had the Holy Ghost power.

Quote: "This power is essential for preaching"

Chɑllenge: "The promise of the Holy Ghost is for all"

Prɑyer: "O God, give me the promised power, in Jesus' name"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 29, 2022

SAVING GRACE
TEXT: EPHESIANS 2:1-10

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast" (EPHESIANS 2:8-9).

The notable song writer, Julia H. Johnston, in her poem entitled "Grace Greater than Our Sins," described God's grace as marvellous, infinite and matchless, exceeding our guilt and sins. His grace pardons our sins and cleanses from all stains.

A sinner doesn't realise his lost condition until he is saved. Sinfulness is as a result of one being born into sin, and rebelliously following the ways of the world and dictates of the flesh through Satan's influence. Thank God the situation is not hopeless as He provided a way through Christ's sacrifice, so that we may escape eternal punishment.

Grace is divine favour, made available to us at Christ's expense. All a sinner needs to do to experience this saving grace and make heaven his or her destination, is rejecting of sinful works and receiving Christ through faith as personal Lord and Saviour.

People such as Martin Luther, John Wesley, John Bunyan - the author of The Pilgrims Progress, and Kathryn Kuhlman, the anointed minister, all surrendered their lives to Christ and got the new life. Pray for the saving grace now.

Quote: "His grace pardons all our sins"

Chɑllenge: "Becoming a child of God is by His saving grace"

Prɑyer: "Lord Jesus, be mine forever; I surrender to You"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:04pm On Nov 29, 2022
Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State, are you ready for Global Crusade With Kumuyi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.