Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,584 members, 7,847,457 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:53 PM

Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 - Religion (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 (1420591 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:35am On Jul 20, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, JULY 20, 2019

HELPERS IN THE KINGDOM
TEXT: Romans 16:1-4

"Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus" (Romans 16:3).

Commenting on 'Acts of Kindness', an author testified: "I was travelling with some men when we spotted a family stranded alongside the road. My friends immediately pulled over to help. They got the car running, talked with the family, and gave them money for gasoline. When the family that was helped thanked them repeatedly, they replied, "We're glad to help, and we do it in Jesus' name." As we drove away, I thought of how natural it was for those friends to help people in need and acknowledge the Lord as the source of their generosity. What a challenge! You too can be a helper in God's kingdom.

Beloved, you are saved to help others like Priscilla and Aquila did. In what way can you help in the Church or school fellowship to reduce the burden on ministers? Kindness is a good tool in evangelism. Be sensitive to opportunities to help in the kingdom. Help weak students with their studies, assist the poor and needy youths with their needs. God keeps record of your deeds and will abundantly reward you.

Chɑllenge: "Your help in the kingdom will be a blessing to others."

Prɑyer: "Lord, make me a faithful helper in your kingdom."

Quote: "You are saved to help others."

Further Reɑding: Romans 15:25-27

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

I also know of some folks whose loyalty is to one certain TB Joshua and not to God. undecided

jesusjnr:
Lol!

I am not only TB Joshua's disciple, but also the disciple of Kumuyi and every other church leader i endorse.

For they are all satanists by virtue of my endorsement! grin

So says the blind fool and ignorant swine.

jesusjnr:
I can't keep wasting time with a swine who refuses to leave the scumfilled pit he is, because he sees it as the cleanest place ever.

Matthew 7:6 (KJV)

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, JULY 21, 2019

RESPECT FOR AUTHORITIES
TEXT: Romans 16:1-4

"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God" (Romans 13:1).

Authorities are all those in positions of leadership in the home, school, Church or in the nation. Someone said: "Respect for constituted authority means modeling our lives along the lines of their prescriptions. Our conducts are expected to be moderated by the guidelines they have stipulated. This is indeed the greatest tribute we can pay to those who have the duty to rule over us, or govern our affairs, those who have the responsibility to provide for the peace and orderly conduct of our lives, protecting us from infractions by others and promoting our overall rights and interests…." This is quite true.

Our text instructs us to be subject to those in authority. We are to obey them within the limits of God's word. You should respect, obey, honour and appreciate your parents, teachers, civil society and Church leaders. Refrain from speaking evil against them but rather pray for them. We should respect the office of the president and governor. We must reject any leadership instruction against the will of God. Above all, yield yourself completely to God and He will guide you in what to do or say always.

Chɑllenge: "Obey those in authority over you."

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord, to be subject to those in authority."

Quote: "Obey them within the limits of God's word."

Further Reɑding: Romans 13:1-7; 1 Peter 2:13-15

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:15am On Jul 22, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, JULY 22, 2019

THE DANGER OF DELAY
TEXT: Genesis 19:12-26

"And while he lingered, the men laid hold upon his hand, and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hand of his two daughters; the Lord being merciful unto him: and they brought him forth, and set him without the city" (Genesis 19:16).

A story was told about a lady who consistently rebuffed the gospel message presented to her by a pastor in her neighbourhood. She would listen attentively but at the end refuse to surrender her life to Christ. On one occasion she told the pastor pointedly: "I don't need your Jesus." Few weeks after that encounter, news reached the pastor that she died after a brief illness. What a tragedy! Do you rebuff the gospel message? Be warned! In a world where there is so much uncertainty, where death can come by any means and at any time, delaying your salvation is really dangerous.

Dear friend, give heed to the gospel message today. Stop delaying your conversion believing that there is still time. You don't have control over your life. Korah, Dathan and Abiram, never knew how close they were to hell in their rebellion against Moses; neither did Judas in his avarice. Remember that your salvation determines your eternal destiny. Repent today and linger no more. Surrender your life to Christ now and escape the horror of eternity in hell.

Chɑllenge: "Don't delay your salvation any more: repent today."

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, please, help me to surrender my life to you today."

Quote: "Escape the horror of eternity in hell."

Further Reɑding: Genesis 19:12-26

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:48am On Jul 23, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, JULY 23, 2019

NO TURNING BACK
TEXT: Galatians 2:18

"For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor" (Galatians 2:18).

Apostle Paul's statement in today's text echoes his unflinching determination never to yield to pressures to build again the things he once destroyed. At conversion, our sins are forgiven and we are separated from worldly associations. According to Charles G. Finney, "Where repentance is genuine, the disposition to repeat sin is gone." We have been set free from Satan's power and influence. Satan does not give up so readily. It is his practice to use various methods to pull believers back to the world. Those who yield usually end up in regrets and sorrow. Those who draw back draw back to perdition.

Like Paul the apostle, we must jealously guard against Satan's tricks. You must never go back to your former sinful lifestyle. Paul, the apostle, the writer of today's text did not. Neither did David Livingstone. The battle is fiercest when the victory is closest. Cleave to Jesus and continue in righteousness, "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him" (1 Corinthians 2:9).

Chɑllenge: "Turning back is the fruit of unholy desires."

Prɑyer: "Oh God, help me not to build again the things I once destroyed."

Quote: "Those who draw back draw back to perdition."

Further Reɑding: Hebrew 10:38,39

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:04am On Jul 24, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, JULY 24, 2019

DELIVERANCE COMES TODAY
TEXT: Jeremiah 15:20

"And I will make thee unto this people a fenced brazen wall: and they shall fight against thee, but they shall not prevail against thee: for I am with thee to save thee and to deliver thee, saith the LORD" (Jeremiah 15:20).

The prophet, Jeremiah, had the great responsibility of declaring God's truth to Israel and other nations. The charge was great and delicate, because his audience did not like his message and were unwilling to obey God's word. He, like many dear children of God, must have wondered if he was in God's will. God never leaves his children or servants at the mercy of their enemies. Hence he told Jeremiah, that he would strengthen him against the people. No doubt, they fought and tried to defeat him, but their efforts were unfruitful.

God never sends us on missions that we cannot accomplish. He never leaves us to the whims and caprices of our foes. He's ever with us. What is your challenge today? Are there threats from your neighbours? Is there pressure on you to deny God and forsake the Saviour? Do your friends despise or forsake you? Do you have any challenge in your health or education? Are there unfulfilled dreams? Whatever it is, your deliverance is today. Beloved, fear not. Stand on the truth; pray and God will give you the victory.

Chɑllenge: "Nothing can defeat a person of faith, walking with God."

Prɑyer: "Lord, deliver me from every evil snares of the wicked, in Jesus name."

Quote: "Pray and God will give you the victory."

Further Reɑding: Psalm 91:1-3; Isaiah 49:24-26

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:40am On Jul 25, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, JULY 25, 2019

YOU ARE ABLE TO OVERCOME
TEXT: Numbers 13:25-33

"And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it" (Numbers 13:30).

We do not talk of overcoming if there are no battles to fight. However, every believer is called into a life of victory because Jesus has fought and conquered Satan for us. In spite of this truth, Satan still tries to cast doubts in our minds and we are tempted to forget the Lord and disbelieve his unfailing promises. Remember, it is not by might but by the Spirit and grace of the Lord that we conquer. Caleb and Joshua understood this; they trusted in God, and overcame the enemy because of their boldness and faith in God. "As we confront the Hittite spirit of fear in our lives, we will soon see that the giants which seemed to have loomed so high, making us feel so intimidated and afraid are themselves mere grasshoppers," declared Dr. Reginald Klimionok.

All Christians can overcome sin, sickness, failure, fear and worry, if they have faith like Caleb and Joshua. Do not confess negative because confession determines possession. Your victory is certain today. Believe and say it and you will always overcome in Jesus name.

Chɑllenge: "Never say you are not able. You are well able!"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to always remember and say what you say about me."

Quote: "It is not by might but by spirit."

Further Reɑding: Hebrews 11:6

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:25pm On Jul 26, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, JULY 26, 2019

ANYWHERE WITH JESUS
TEXT: Luke 22:33

"And he said unto Him: Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison and to death" (Luke 22:33).

The sacrifice of Jesus for our redemption makes it mandatory that we surrender all to Him and be willing to do all His wishes. We owe all we are and have to His mercy. Hear Him, "As the Father knoweth Me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep" (John 10:15). Jesus must be first in all things and His will must be paramount in our decisions. Apostle Paul yielded all to the Master and declared in the face of threats to his life, "But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry which I have received of the Lord Jesus…" (Acts 20:24). He was willing to suffer and die for the sake of Christ.

Christians have no right to choose what they want, where to go, and what to do. When Christ is in control of your life, then you can say like the song writer, "Anywhere with Jesus, I can safely go." Will you go anywhere with Him?

Chɑllenge: "All we are and have, we owe to Christ."

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me grace to always submit to your will."

Quote: "Jesus must be first in all things."

Further Reɑding: Acts 20:22-26

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:43am On Jul 27, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, JULY 27, 2019

SALVATION ONLY IN CHRIST
TEXT: Acts 4:12

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).

Many people today do not know what the word salvation means and others who appear interested in knowing are not painstaking enough to find out the biblical meaning of the word. The result is the assumptions and confusions common in many religious circles. So many people erroneously think that being religious, clothing the nɑked, membership of socio-cultural clubs, contributions to community development, being morally upright, undertaking pilgrimages to holy lands, observance of religious fasts, attending prayer meetings, etc. guarantee salvation. But all these fall short of God's definition of salvation. The word implies deliverance from sin and its consequences. As used, in our text and other scriptures, it means to "save from sin." Matthew1:21, says about Jesus before his birth, "...and thou shall call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."

Jesus came to the world to bear our sins. Salvation is only in Him. He was innocent, we are sinful, yet He died and bore the punishment for our sins. Repent and invite Jesus into your heart today, and you shall be saved.

Chɑllenge: "Go to Jesus for the cleansing power."

Prɑyer: "Lord Jesus, I believe in You. Forgive me and save me from sin."

Quote: "Jesus came to the world to bear our sins."

Further Reɑding: John 3:16-19

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, JULY 28, 2019

ALONE WITH GOD AT DAWN
TEXT: Mark 1:35

"And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, He went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed" (Mark 1:35).

Alone with God at Dawn refers to what some believers call Quiet Time or 'In His presence at dawn.' This is the period a true child of God, like his Saviour, communes with his Maker at the beginning of each day. It secures freshness of mind to run the activities of the day (Isaiah 50:4). This practice is age long. Patriarchs like Abraham, Isaac and Jacob did it. It is indeed the all-important key to victorious daily Christian living. "To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing," says Martin Luther.

During your Quiet Time, take time to pray-which includes: worship, praise, thanksgiving and petitions to a willing and gracious God. You should also read a portion or some portions of the Bible and any other relevant material to enrich your spiritual life. At Quiet Time, God speaks to you as His child through His word or the Holy Spirit (Acts 13:2). The regular practice of being alone with God at dawn secures your fellowship with Him during the day. It strengthens and guarantees victory over temptations and trials.

Chɑllenge: "Take time to pray every morning before your various activities."

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me the spirit of prayer."

Quote: "This practice is age long."

Further Reɑding: Habakkuk 2:1-2; Ephesians 6:18-20

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:24am On Jul 29, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, JULY 29, 2019

READ, MIND WHAT YOU READ
TEXT: 1 Timothy 4:13-15

"Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all" (1 Timothy 4:13, 15).

In the words of Joseph Addison, "Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." The Holy Bible encourages believers to read good and useful books. The habit of reading is good, yet you must watch against reading materials that are bad. Many young men and women instead of reading for academic success and spiritual well-being, waste precious time watching immoral movies on the television, and sites on the internet that pollute their minds.

Those who read materials that promote evil thoughts and wicked imaginations do that to their hurt. They create room for Satan to keep them bound to sin, demonic attacks and sicknesses. Reading good books will build up your faith, strengthen your conviction and make you remain victorious in the challenges of life. The great Apostle Paul told Timothy "…when thou comest, bring with thee and the books, but especially the parchments" (2 Timothy 4:13b). This underscores his great love for reading. God emphatically, told Joshua to meditate on, obey and confess his word so he could succeed (Joshua 1:8). Read, but only good and edifying books.

Chɑllenge: "Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them all."

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me a heart that will always cherish and read edifying books."

Quote: "The habit of reading is good."

Further Reɑding: Nehemiah 8:8; 2 Timothy 4:13

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, JULY 30, 2019

WALKING WITH GOD
TEXT: Genesis 5:21-24

"And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him" (Genesis 5:24).

To walk with God refers to an intimate relationship with Him, in holiness. It is indeed a life of continued obedience to God which many people consider is impossible. "Man must sin," they say, "because he lives in a sinful world just as a bird flies because it is created to fly in the air." Enoch's example disproves that erroneous philosophy. He was not a superhuman being; he was married, had children and lived in a polluted world (Genesis 6:5-6), yet he walked with God.

Enoch commenced his walk with God on earth at the age of sixty-five; he continued the walk for 300 years until it ended in his translation to heaven. He did not die a natural death. Enoch's experience was a product of grace through faith and the same is available for you if you believe (Hebrews 11:5; Titus 2:11-14; Luke 1:74-75). The call to walk with God is for all. You can start the walk by being born again today if you have not started. Those who walk with God on earth will reign with Him in heaven.

Chɑllenge: "The call to walk with God is for all."

Prɑyer: "Lord, make me worthy to go with You at the rapture."

Quote: "Start the walk by being born again."

Further Reɑding: Titus 2:11-14

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:43am On Jul 31, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, JULY 31, 2019

TRAINING AND TOOLING FOR EXPLOITS
TEXT: Genesis 14:14

"And when Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his trained servants, born in his own house, three hundred and eighteen, and pursued them unto Dan" (Genesis 14:14).

The world is fast advancing in many fields. Christian youths cannot afford to lag behind. You need training for acquisition of skills in this technologically advanced age. Abraham's diligence and skillfulness in training and arming his home-raised soldiers paid off when he used them in the battle against King Chedorlaomer and his confederates to rescue Lot (Genesis14:1-7,14). "To build strong and powerful Churches, we as leaders have to know how to find, train and manage the right people for the right job," Casey Treat says.

Only the skilled can compete favourably with their counterparts in various fields globally. Employers of labour go for the skilled. The exploits by Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in Babylon was because of the skills they acquired through training in a school in Babylon and of course the grace of God. They were ten times better than other students. As a Christian, make yourself available in your Church for training opportunities and get equipped with good study Bibles, Bible commentaries and other Christian literature. Most of these can be downloaded from the internet to aid you in successful Christian life and ministry.

Chɑllenge: "Young converts should be trained to labour for Christ."

Prɑyer: "Lord, open my eye to available training opportunities."

Quote: "Make yourself available in your church for training."

Further Reɑding: Exodus 18:17-26

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:18am On Aug 01, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, AUGUST 1, 2019

CHRISTIANITY AND A GOOD CONSCIENCE
TEXT: 2 Timothy 1:3

"I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day" (2 Timothy 1:3).

According to Oswald Chambers, "Conscience is the internal perception of God's moral law." The litmus test for true Christianity is a good conscience, without which religion is of no value. One becomes a Christian through genuine repentance and personal faith in Christ's atoning work on the cross, which results in the transformation of life. This is called the new birth experience. It is this experience that makes our erstwhile dead and hardened consciences, to be awoken and tender. Apostle Paul said "Holding faith and a good conscience, which some having put away concerning faith have made a shipwreck" (1 Timothy 1:19).

Anyone who ignores this essential element of the Christian practice is either a backslider or has never met Christ for the genuine Christian experience. Confession of faults, returning ill-gotten wealth, and promptly forgiving offenders are some characteristics of a good conscience. Without a good conscience, you are a sinner. When Zacchaeus embraced Christ, he was eager to restitute. You can approach Christ now for salvation.

Chɑllenge: "If you sin willfully you have no good conscience."

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me a tender conscience that I may sincerely apologise when I do wrong."

Quote: "Without a good conscience you are a sinner."

Further Reɑding: John 8:7-11; Acts 24:16

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, AUGUST 2, 2019

WALKING WITH GOD - 2
TEXT: Amos 3:3

"Can two walk together; except they be agreed?" (Amos 3:3)

Today's title is a challenge to those who claim that they belong to God but do not glorify Him in the way they live. The nucleus of any union is agreement. Israel's longstanding relationship with God was based on His covenant with her forebears, but was punished whenever she disobeyed. God is no respecter of persons. Only people who please God by their lifestyles and do all He says without adding or subtracting are truly walking with Him. Sinners cannot walk with God.

Those who habitually commit sin and still believe they are walking with God are deluded and will be disappointed on the last day. Jesus made it clear when He said, "Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 7:21). Dear reader, please, note that religious profession without a corresponding life of righteousness is not acceptable to God. Accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour and you will receive power to live righteously and walk with God.

Chɑllenge: "Hand in hand we walk each day; Hand in and with Jesus."

Prɑyer: "Oh God, grant me grace for a closer walk with you."

Quote: "Sinners cannot walk with God."

Further Reɑding: Micah 6:8; 2 Chronicles 6:14-16

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by brocab: 8:54pm On Aug 16, 2019
Are we walking with God-free of charge? Or are we doing it for the money?
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:14am On Aug 17, 2019
brocab:

Are we walking with God-free of charge? Or are we doing it for the money?

It depends on you. Salvation is free but not free. Jesus paid for it with His own precious blood. You cannot serve God and Mammon. It's either you walk with God or continue to be preoccupied by who is going to get your money. "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matthew 6:21).
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:29pm On Aug 17, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, AUGUST 3, 2019

WALKING WITH GOD - 3
TEXT: Micah 6:8

"He hath shown thee O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee; but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" (Micah 6:8)

God provides grace for all He commands His children to do. Micah, the prophet, faithfully declares in today's Bible text what is good in God's sight and His requirements from believers. Three key elements are mentioned by this servant of God:

1. We must be fair and honest in our dealings with our neighbours;
2. We must be gracious and show real concern for those in need; and,
3. We must be lowly and walk in humility before our God.

From the foregoing, it is obvious that service to God includes being fair in our relationship with others and doing unto others what we expect them to do unto us. God hates injustice, wickedness and pride; and so must we as His dear children. A writer said, "Public worship is only a small part of our commitment to Christ. A genuine love for the Lord must manifest itself in an abiding concern for people in need." It is time to throw off the garment of selfishness and begin to care for the good of people around us. Who will you help today?

Chɑllenge: "It pays to walk with God; He knows the way."

Prɑyer: "Lord make me a channel of blessing, in Jesus name."

Quote: "God hates injustice, wickedness and pride."

Further Reɑding: Genesis 5:21-24

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:46am On Aug 18, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, AUGUST 4, 2019

TRUSTWORTHY TIMOTHY
TEXT: Philippians 2:19-23

"But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you...For I have no man likeminded who will naturally care for your state" (Philippians 2:19a,20).

The synonyms for the word trustworthy include: dependable and honesty, which succinctly describe the character of Timothy, the subject of our discussion today.

Timothy was a good example of believers. His mother was a Jewess who was instrumental to his conversion. He was Paul's son and fellow labourer in the gospel. In all things he proved himself reliable; hence, Apostle Paul's candid approval of him as seen in our text. According to Alexander Pope. "An honest man is the noblest work of God."

We can be trustworthy too in spite of increasing infidelity in our world, if we decide to be selfless and think more of the good of others. This is possible if we give our lives to Christ and are consecrated to God. Yes, only then can we have grace to speak the truth at all times, obey God's word, obey our parents and submit ourselves to societal authority as demanded by the scriptures. Like Joseph in Egypt, can you be entrusted with an important responsibility in the school, church or home? We must inspire others to live honestly. Are you trustworthy?

Chɑllenge: "Only the trustworthy are fit for God's work."

Prɑyer: "Almighty God, grant me the grace to be trustworthy always."

Quote: "Are you trustworthy"

Further Reɑding: Philippians 2:19-23

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, AUGUST 5, 2019

FULLY ARMED FOR THE GOOD FIGHT
TEXT: Ephesians 6:10-18

"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand" (Ephesians 6:13).

Gordon Lindsay said, "The Christian walk is a prayer warfare. How much more is this true in the case of those who are actively engaged in preaching the gospel! They become the favourite targets of Satan, and unless bulwarks are built against the enemy, he will surely attack them at their weakest point." Though Christ defeated the devil and his cohorts on the cross (Colossians 2:14), believers nonetheless, must watch and pray always to overcome temptations (1 Peter 5:7). There are three principal enemies a Christian contends with daily: sin, Satan and self. We must be fully dressed in God's armour to overcome.

In modern warfare 'intelligence gathering' is significant. It gives you opportunity to have vital information about your enemy and how to outsmart him. Your knowledge of who your enemy is, his strategies and your own weapons for warfare will help a great deal to defeat your enemy. You must be fully kitted in God's full armour, which includes: salvation, righteousness, the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, and the sword of the Spirit. Prayer is our great resource.

Chɑllenge: "'In modern warfare 'intelligence gathering' is important."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help to always put on your armour for the warfare."

Quote: "Be fully dressed in God's armour to overcome"

Further Reɑding: 2 Corinthians 10:3,4

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:10pm On Aug 19, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, AUGUST 6, 2019

DISCIPLES LEARN AND DO
TEXT: Luke 6:46-49

"And why call ye Me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46).

A disciple is a follower and a believer in someone who is considered a teacher or master. In the same vein Christ's disciples are supposed to be believers in Him who are willing to learn of Him and do all He tells them to do. To be a disciple of Christ, you must repent of your sins and accept Him as your Lord and Saviour. The heavenly Father testified of Christ, "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased, hear ye him." The Lord delights in followers who are obedient to Him. He appreciates believers who do not only learn but also do whatsoever He says.

True disciples should be able to say like Apostle Paul, "I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Christ gave His life for His disciples and like Him we must lay down ours for others.

Chɑllenge: "'As a disciple, you must learn and do."

Prɑyer: "Lord, please make me a real disciple."

Quote: "A disciple is a follower and a believer"

Further Reɑding: Luke 6:46-49

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by brocab: 12:08am On Aug 20, 2019
What about the Apostle Paul? As a former Pharisee, we would expect him to advocate tithing.
But when Paul teaches giving {1 Corinthians 16:1–4, 1 Timothy 6:17-19, 2 Corinthians 8–9, Galatians 6:6}
he does not mention the T-word.
Why not? Obviously, Paul did not want new Gentile believers to be tempted by Judaism.
Keeping the gospel pure without adding Jewish rules was his constant concern.
The famous Jerusalem Council of {Acts 15} met to decide if the Gentiles had to adhere to Jewish law.
The answer was ''No..and that included tithing.
OLAADEGBU:

Do you really believe what Apostle Paul preached? undecided
I remember these dying words above-you had made it obvious you don't accept Paul's teaching's..
Instead of setting a percentage as the standard, Paul, like Jesus, sets a standard of grace!!
Furthermore, neither Peter nor John nor James mentions tithing in their letters.
Biblically, where else might we give?
New Testament examples include the poor {Galatians 2:10} orphans and widows {James 1:27} and missions {Philippians 4:10–20}
We give where you choose to give.
Paul summed it up in {2 Corinthians 9:7} “Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give.”
Won’t this kill support for the local church? No. Not if giving is taught as a part of discipleship regularly.
You are expected to teach biblical giving—especially pastors—and you must teach biblically--Many people around the world are under the law to tithing and at the same time, many believers around the world barely give anything at all--this popular tithing teaching is not at all disciplining our people..
"Something must change, and it is the teaching that is suspect.
OLAADEGBU:

It depends on you. Salvation is free but not free. Jesus paid for it with His own precious blood. You cannot serve God and Mammon. It's either you walk with God or continue to be preoccupied by who is going to get your money. "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matthew 6:21).
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:01am On Aug 20, 2019
brocab:

What about the Apostle Paul? As a former Pharisee, we would expect him to advocate tithing.
But when Paul teaches giving {1 Corinthians 16:1–4, 1 Timothy 6:17-19, 2 Corinthians 8–9, Galatians 6:6}
he does not mention the T-word.
Why not? Obviously, Paul did not want new Gentile believers to be tempted by Judaism.
Keeping the gospel pure without adding Jewish rules was his constant concern.
The famous Jerusalem Council of {Acts 15} met to decide if the Gentiles had to adhere to Jewish law.
The answer was ''No..and that included tithing.

Your fixation on tithing is a sign that you worship Mammon instead of the Almighty God. Repent from your idolatry and believe the gospel truth.

brocab:

I remember these dying words above-you had made it obvious you don't accept Paul's teaching's..
Instead of setting a percentage as the standard, Paul, like Jesus, sets a standard of grace!!
Furthermore, neither Peter nor John nor James mentions tithing in their letters.
Biblically, where else might we give?
New Testament examples include the poor {Galatians 2:10} orphans and widows {James 1:27} and missions {Philippians 4:10–20}
Give where you choose.
Paul summed it up in {2 Corinthians 9:7} “Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give.”
Won’t this kill support for the local church? No. Not if giving is taught as a part of discipleship regularly.
You are expected to teach biblical giving—especially pastors—and you must teach biblically--Many people around the world are under the law to tithing and at the same time, many believers around the world barely give anything at all--this popular tithing teaching is not at all disciplining our people..
"Something must change, and it is the teaching that is suspect.

The God of the Bible does not need your tithes, He needs your heart (Proverbs 15:8). You need to recognise your lost condition and come to Christ for the salvation of your soul. God is not interested in your tithes and offerings until He has done the job of saving your soul, so repent and believe the gospel and you will be saved from the worship of Mammon.
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by brocab: 1:11am On Aug 20, 2019
And it's you who preaches after Mammon
OLAADEGBU:

Your fixation on tithing is a sign that you worship Mammon instead of the Almighty God. Repent from your idolatry and believe the gospel truth.

The God of the Bible does not need your tithes, He needs your heart (Proverbs 15:8). You need to recognise your lost condition and come to Christ for the salvation of your soul. God is not interested in your tithes and offerings until He has done the job of saving your soul, so repent and believe the gospel and you will be saved from the worship of Mammon.
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:14am On Aug 20, 2019
brocab:

And it's you that preaches after Mammon

grin

Have you preached anything other than money (tithes)? undecided
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by brocab: 1:17am On Aug 20, 2019
Are you running out of words to say-you don't even believe in the bible-let alone trying to preach it..
OLAADEGBU:

Do you really believe what Apostle Paul preached? undecided
PastorKun:
Olaadegbu angry one would have thought that by now you would have repented and stop preaching this fraudulent doctrine but alas your love for filthy lucre and devotion to your mamon god would not let you. At least on the last day you can't claim you weren't taught the truth.
OLAADEGBU:

Have you preached anything other than money (tithes)? undecided
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:33am On Aug 20, 2019
brocab:

Are you running out of words to say-you don't even believe in the bible-let alone trying to preach it..

Your name in the book of life offers more joy than silver and gold! smiley
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05am On Aug 20, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 7, 2019

LIKE FATHER, LIKE CHILDREN
TEXT: 1 Peter 1:14-22

"But as He which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation." (1 Peter 1:15).

Science is still grappling with the mystery of heredity. Why do aggressive, violent parents often produce aggressive children? Is it nature at work or nurture? Is transfer of genes responsible or the power of the home environment? Some say, nature; others say, nurture; still some others say, both. But the fact is that everyone expects children to take after their parents. God pointed out to backslidden Judah, "Behold, every one that useth proverbs shall use this proverb against thee, saying, As is the mother, so is her daughter."

Holiness is the very essence of God's nature. He is altogether holy without any single trace of sin. If you belong to God, His nature should flow through your heart, thoughts, imaginations, speech, interests, motives, actions and reactions. Whether alone or in company of others, holiness of heart and life remains the hallmark of true believers. Holiness begins with repentance and salvation; and perfected by the sanctification experience. Your holy lifestyle is the proof that God is your Father and that you are a citizen of heaven. Loud professions of faith without holiness of life is mere noisemaking.

Chɑllenge: "'Whose son are you, really?"

Prɑyer: "Make me a living image of you, Lord."

Quote: "Your holy lifestyle is proof that God is your Father"

Further Reɑding: 1 Peter 1:14-22

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:56am On Aug 20, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, AUGUST 8, 2019

GOD WILL DELIVER YOU
TEXT: 2 Peter 2:9

"The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished." (2 Peter 2:9).

Temptations and trials come unannounced. A Christian youth lacking the grace of God, stands no chance against either. How could Joseph have escaped the carefully-laid snare of Mrs. Potiphar or Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, Nebuchadnezzar's fiery furnace, if God hadn't helped them? They all experienced the power of God's promise contained in our text today. In 1976, Israeli commandos executed a daring rescue of hostages held at an African airport. They overcame great odds to succeed. The key to their success was the securing of the architectural blueprint of the entire airport complex. They knew precisely how to deliver their endangered compatriots.

God knows how to deliver you from every evil work. But you must live in obedience to His word and faithfulness to His commands. That brings God near you. Deliberately putting yourself in harm's way through self-will and disobedience shuts you out of divine assistance. So, before Satan's temptations appear, you must have a purpose of heart to please God in every area of your life. Temptations lose their powers when God is with you.

Chɑllenge: "'Don't say, Can God? Say, God can!"

Prɑyer: "I need you every hour, most gracious Lord."

Quote: "Temptations lose their power when God is with you"

Further Reɑding: 2 Corinthians 1:3-10

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:13pm On Aug 20, 2019
New Heavens And A New Earth

Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by brocab: 6:52am On Aug 21, 2019
Thank you-finely we have become friends..
OLAADEGBU:

Your name in the book of life offers more joy than silver and gold! smiley
Re: Higher Everyday — The Gifts Of The Spirit – Part 2 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:34am On Aug 21, 2019
Learn Your Art Well

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (113) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.