Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,417 members, 7,853,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:40 AM

Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise - Religion (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise (1428272 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by brocab: 7:29pm On Aug 21, 2019
I had found two types of Pentecostal's that exist in Church today.
The problems we have-it doesn't matter how many times we have brought the Word of God forward-I find most tithers refuse to study the scriptures, not because God said: test everything and it's a decent thing to do, it's just 'they were taught God only blesses tithers who tithe" It's not completely true, God blesses non tithers equally..
Some may pull out a scriptures here and there, hoping it may cover up some theories why tithing still exist?
{Matthew 5:45} So that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
Most don't even test the Word of God-one would think, after reading so many different view points about tithing, they may test the scriptures to see if the Word of God is really true!
I would like to say-God takes His Word seriously {2 Timothy 3:16} All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.
As a Christian one would think-we all should do the same-but obviously not all Christians believe the scriptures hole?
After sharing {1 Corinthians 9:18} But if we were to preach like Paul-we would preach the Word of God free of charge.
A tither of great wealth of martial merchandise wrote back and said::
OLAADEGBU:

Do you really believe what Apostle Paul preached? undecided
Yes it's the Word of God-and I for one believe God's breath is correcting and training us in righteousness.
God's blesses non believers too, He gives rain to fill the land with milk and honey-because He loves us, not because He want's it back every week, '"both" believers or unbelievers take care of the poor, "both" feed the hungry, "both" good Samaritans, "both" love our neighbours and forgive our trespasses with one another!
One must be born again before he can enter into the kingdom of God, our blessings is not based on how much you pay your wages into the treasury each week-Jesus said: first seek the kingdom of God and all things shall be added unto you.
God blesses us with changes-just believing God, is a blessing, blessings and prospering comes by His Word, His wisdom and knowledge blesses us, we are blessed through His Holy Spirit who teaches us all things, we prosper through knowing Him, relying on Him-praying always to Him, and believing He is Our Father who art in Heaven.
Once we call on the name of Jesus-God blesses us freely!
{Matthew 6:26} Look at the birds of the air, they neither sow, nor do they reap, nor put into barns and yet God feeds them, how much more are you?
One would think this forum would catch someones eye, and may think to themselves why are there so many different view points that concerns tithing, "one may even think, after repeatedly reading page after page, someone would test the Word of God just to find out 'what all the fess is all about, and is there any truth in the scriptures-concerning Mr T...
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by brocab: 8:37pm On Aug 21, 2019
I may ask, does a tither walk with Jesus when we know Jesus didn't tithe, He never taught tithing, He never gave a command to tithe, His disciples never preached tithing-so if we were to be like Jesus, let us walk together and not tithe...
OLAADEGBU:
Learn Your Art Well
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:40am On Aug 22, 2019
Play By The Rules

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:03pm On Aug 22, 2019
He Reveals Secrets

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:33am On Aug 23, 2019
A Believer On The Fence?

Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
Let Us Praise The Lord

Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58am On Aug 24, 2019
Blessings Of Obedience

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2019
Pray For Erring Friends

Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by brocab: 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2019
I suppose we set ourselves up sometimes, we expect to much from others, trying to find some answers that deals with our everyday lives.
Relying on God is our only resource, but sometimes we expect a little more from friends or family' especially Christians, hoping to retrieve some comfort.
Praying our will, is not always praying in God's will, praying sometimes don't always bring us the results, until we change our attitude towards our praying method.
Someone claiming to be a Christian, doesn't prove they walk with God, it's not easy these days trying to find someone to pray with you or stay with you to see any results, sometimes the results don't come any faster then we expect them to happen!
Finding someone to pray with you for the right reasons is nearly impossible, things may seem it's going to plan-but that's not always the case, patients is one of the key factors we can rely upon, but sadly as humans we want our prayers to be answered 'now.
Just recently I shared things with a friend, I suppose I was expecting some results along the way, he asked if he could pray about that, at first things were going to plan and we were praying about different situation's, but sadly our prayer's only lasted a sort time.
Patients is the key factor=just sometimes it doesn't always work to plan-my prayer partner turned against the situation and began demanding answers that not even I could give-his demands were like school yard bullying-raising his voice over me 'over something that didn't have anything to do with our praying situation, as I thought?
{Matthew 6:8} As we pray 'God is already dealing with our problem's 'He already knows them 'before we ask Him.
If we could forget about ourselves for just a little-God always brings people to our minds and He puts people on our paths to pray for--God brings miracle's to us everyday, sadly we don't always recognise them, but these are the people we need to pray for, and for the right reasons' with the right attitude, with a little patients, and a little faith we could conker the world!!

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:36am On Aug 25, 2019
Hide And Seek

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:00pm On Aug 25, 2019
Keep In Step

Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:33pm On Aug 25, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, AUGUST 19, 2019

SPRINGTIME PROMISED!
TEXT: Isaiah 35:1-10

"The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose" (Isaiah 35:1).

We have here God's promise of better times for His own. Springtime is when the fields are lush-green, roses bloom, other flowers blossom, beautiful butterflies flit about in the air and the birds chirp in delight. Joy is in the air. Contrast that with the scorching heat and dryness of drought and the difference is crystal clear. Hard times hit everyone; you might be going through one right now.

Hard times are harder when God seems distant, His promises far removed from your pain or His power absent in your problem. David was faced with a similar situation. He cried, "Refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul." But God cares! He has promised that instead of the dry land there shall be springs of water, instead of the desert there shall be blossoms of roses. Are you passing through a tough time? Are you faced with academic challenge? Do you suffer financial lack? Are you sick and tired of life? Is there conflict in the family? Let the promise of God cheer your heart this morning. Roses will bloom again. Do you believe it?

Chɑllenge: "God is nearer than you thought."

Prɑyer: "Oh Lord, when the storms of life rage, stand by me."

Quote: "Roses will bloom again."

Further Reɑding: Isaiah 35:1-10

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35pm On Aug 26, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, AUGUST 20, 2019

FAITH IN THE FIRE
TEXT: Isaiah 35:1-10

"Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God" (Isaiah 50:10).

Great strength and incredible faith lie behind the unforgettable words of Job: "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him." The force of Job's faith is evident in the fact that he uttered these words at the darkest hour of his life. Young people believe more in what they can see, touch or taste. Faith, however, is the ability to walk hand in hand with God through darkness. Faith is Abraham following God through twenty-five years of barrenness. It is Daniel living righteously in corrupt Babylon. When thrown to ferocious lions, he triumphed through it all. Faith is Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego obeying God and yet passing through Nebuchadnezzar's fire without murmuring against God.

If you are born again and live in total obedience to the will and word of God, that is great! However, you may be passing through an academic or financial darkness. You have claimed all the promises of God in prayer but no breakthrough yet. Like Job, let faith in God's faithfulness conquer your feeling of hopelessness. And, like him, you shall have the victory at last.

Chɑllenge: "Faith swings out on the promises of God."

Prɑyer: "Lord, increase my faith."

Quote: "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in Him."

Further Reɑding: Isaiah 35:1-10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:42am On Aug 27, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 21, 2019

KEEPING THE FAITH
TEXT: Jeremiah 35:1-19

"Thus have we obeyed the voice of Jonadab the son of Rechab our father in all that he hath charged us, to drink no wine all our days, we, our wives, our sons, nor our daughters" (Jeremiah 35:8).

It's sad to note how some youths fling off family values and convictions immediately they leave home for college. Some begin a double life of pretense at home and perversion at school, others begin a life of outright, open rebellion. None of these deserves the commendation God gave to the Rechabites. Their father had died for more than three hundred years, yet they kept the values he handed down to them through successive generations. He was not there or persuading them to obey him, yet they did. God was delighted with the Rechabites because they had kept faith with their family values. Their motto was: "Others may, we cannot."

If you are born-again, a far greater necessity is laid upon you to keep faith with the commands of the heavenly Father. Your earthly parents and spiritual mentors don't have to be present before you obey God. You may be separated from them by distance or even by death, yet you must remain true to the Christian conscience they have imparted to you by God's word and prayer. Only then can you win God's smile and blessings as did the Rechabites.

Chɑllenge: "Youths of conviction live above sin."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to stand when the last man has fallen. Amen."

Quote: "Win God's smile and blessing."

Further Reɑding: Jeremiah 35:1-19

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:31pm On Aug 27, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, AUGUST 22, 2019

JESUS IS THE WATER OF LIFE
TEXT: Revelations 21:6

"And He said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely" (Revelations 21:6).

"Water is commonly regarded as the 'solvent of life,' since our bodies are 70% water. All other vertebrates, invertebrates, microbes, and plants are also primarily water. The organization of water within biological compartments is fundamental to life, and the aquaporins serve as the plumbing systems for cells." This submission of Peter Agre is a universal truth. Without water there wouldn't be life. As it is in the Physical so it is in the spiritual. Without Jesus as the water of life there can't be eternal life. Hear what Jesus told the Samaritan woman: "Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life" (John 4:13-14).

Beloved, you need the water of life offered freely by Jesus. Those who refuse this pure water from Jesus run the risk of being spiritually famished and eventually die because their souls do not receive nourishment from the pure water.

Chɑllenge: "Without Jesus your soul will perish."

Prɑyer: "Lord, fill me with the water of life."

Quote: "You need the water of life offered freely by Jesus."

Further Reɑding: John 4:4-14

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:13pm On Aug 28, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, AUGUST 23, 2019

THE REDEEMER LIVES
TEXT: Job 19:25

"For I know that my redeemer liveth. and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth" (Job 19:25).

The Redeemer lives and will live forever! The devil will always create situations to make you doubt the existence of God but those who know their God will always know and have that firm belief that their Redeemer lives in spite of challenges of life. The man Job is on the list of the heroes of faith today because he knew the Redeemer lives. Those who doubt God's power and faithfulness are challenging His might and majesty. Paul, the Apostle, made his boast in his Redeemer when he said he knew whom he had believed. His faith made him successful.

In times of adversity learn to say like Ezra Taft Benson: "God lives. I know that He lives. I know that Jesus is the Christ and the Redeemer of the world." Storms of life should draw you closer to your Redeemer who continues to live and understands your situations more than you. Are you having challenges in your academic work or persecuted by peers or relatives? Cheer up! The solution to all things is in the hand of your Redeemer. Sing when your trials are greatest!

Chɑllenge: "Relax, for your Redeemer is on the throne."

Prɑyer: "Help me O God, to love my Redeemer to the end."

Quote: "The Redeemer lives and He will live forever."

Further Reɑding: Revelation 1:8

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26am On Aug 29, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, AUGUST 24, 2019

PROVE HIS POWER
TEXT: Luke 10:17

"And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name" (Luke 10:17).

"The resurrection of Jesus Christ was necessary to establish the truth of his mission and put the stamp of all-conquering power on his gospel." Edward McKendree Bounds in this quote submits that Christ has ultimate power at His disposal. The seventy disciples who were sent out by Jesus on evangelism mission came back with the testimony of the power in the name of their Master, Jesus. The power in His name can only be proved when we are obedient to the command to go and preach the gospel.

Those who don't get involved in the task of soul winning but expect to see God at work may not grow. God honours those who honour His name. You can start experiencing the awesome power of God today if you begin to minister the gospel to your friends. As you pray for the sick, the oppressed, and the discouraged, God will answer your prayer. Peter and John were obedient to God and were used to bring down healing on a cripple at the Beautiful Gate. You too will prosper as you obey in Jesus' name.

Chɑllenge: "Prove God today."

Prɑyer: "God, help me to experience your power at work."

Quote: "God honours those who honour His name."

Further Reɑding: Acts 3:1-16

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, AUGUST 25, 2019

MUSIC WITH ANOINTING
TEXT: 2 Kings 3:15

"But now bring me a minstrel. And it came to pass, when the minstrel played, that the hand of the LORD came upon him" (2 Kings 3:15).

Music has a lot of impact on listeners because it appeals to their emotions. It is pertinent however, to note that not all kinds of music bring edification to the souls of men. There are kinds of music that promote lust and immorality. Christian youths must choose carefully songs that will promote godliness and sanity. According to Lou Rawls, "Music is the greatest communication in the world. Even if people don't understand the language that you're singing in, they still know good music when they hear it." Good music comes with special anointing which breaks yokes. David's anointed music cast out evil spirits from King Saul.

Morally and spiritually polluting music is being churned out to the public everywhere, of late. Even so called gospel songs have become tools of the devil to promote ungodliness and worldly lust. Genuine believers must shun musical perversion. Sacred music when approached with the right attitude can heal your soul. Paul and Silas prayed and sang spiritual songs and the Holy Ghost came down to minister to them. Also, Jesus and the Apostles sang hymns together.

Chɑllenge: "Good music serves both healing and pleasure purposes."

Prɑyer: "Guide me dear Lord to listen to good music."

Quote: "Polluted music is being churned out to the public."

Further Reɑding: Colossians 3:16-17

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:46am On Aug 30, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, AUGUST 26, 2019

DESIGNED TEST
TEXT: Genesis 22:1

"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am" (Genesis 22:1).

"Indeed, this life is a test. It is a test of many things - of our convictions and priorities, our faith and our faithfulness, our patience and our resilience, and in the end, our ultimate desires." No words can capture so perfectly the Christian life like the words of Sheri L. Dew as contained in the quote above. Abraham demonstrated uncommon commitment to God when he faced one of the toughest tests of life - he was to sacrifice his only son, Isaac! He passed the test, and that earned him the most revered and coveted title ever - "the friend of God."

You too can overcome like Abraham if you make up your mind to be resilient and resolute to serve God amidst challenges of life like persecutions, trials, and temptations. Christianity is not always a bed of roses. Difficult things that can challenge our faith in Christ will surely come. It is however heart-warming to know that God is aware of the challenges of His children and will create escape routes for them in due time.

Chɑllenge: "Tests are there to build you up and not to destroy you."

Prɑyer: "Keep me through every test of life, Oh God!"

Quote: "Indeed, this life is a test."

Further Reɑding: Hebrew 12:5-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:05pm On Aug 31, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, AUGUST 27, 2019

MINISTRIES OF JESUS
TEXT: Matthew 11:23

"And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day" (Matthew 11:23).

Dan Wakefield vividly summarised what the ministries of Jesus are as captured in this "The message of Jesus is summed up partly in the Sermon on the Mount, and partly when he begins his ministry and quotes the passage from Isaiah: 'I have come to set free the prisoners and restore sight to the blind.' And certainly, his mission is also to bring hope. It was to heal people, to befriend the outcast." The people of Capernaum belittled the ministries of Jesus to them. We must be careful so as not to miss the blessings of God for our lives through careless attitude to the word of God.

Many youths today are in the habit of mocking or joking with the word of God. It is a dangerous trend and every true child of God should shun that with all seriousness. The threefold ministry of Christ - salvation, healing and deliverance - are meant for God's people to enjoy. However those who jettison His words and works cannot be beneficiaries of His love. Accept Jesus and be a part of His blessings.

Chɑllenge: "Those who reject the word of God are His enemies."

Prɑyer: "Help me dear Lord not to joke with your words!"

Quote: "Accept Jesus and be a part of His blessings."

Further Reɑding: Hebrews 3:7-19

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:25pm On Aug 31, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 28, 2019

FOLLOW RIGHTEOUSNESS
TEXT: 1 Timothy 6:11

"But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness" (1 Timothy 6:11).

The only thing that will follow a man all through eternity is righteousness and its twin, holiness. Every other achievement begins and ends here on earth. Paul admonished young Timothy, his son in the faith, to prioritize righteousness. The world does not appreciate righteousness; and this shouldn't be strange to a real child of God because the world hates Christ and His glory. Jesus offered His life as a ransom so that the fallen race of Adam can regain righteousness.

Beloved, you are advised to live this life of righteousness no matter what happens around you. Many other saints of God followed after righteousness until they passed on to glory. Enoch lived such a life and God was so pleased with him that He took him alive to heaven. Believers must demonstrate this righteous life by showing godliness, love and patience towards others. You are to brighten the corner where you are by your exemplary life. Remember, your life is like a book and people are reading it. Let others see Jesus in you so that they can glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Chɑllenge: "Live with eternity in view."

Prɑyer: "Holy Father, help me to live righteously always, in Jesus name."

Quote: "Your life is like a book."

Further Reɑding: Matthew 5:17-20

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, AUGUST 29, 2019

THINGS AGAINST YOU
TEXT: Revelation 2:20

"Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce My servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols" (Revelation 2:20).

In these last days many things are happening in Christendom and they call for soberness and prayers. Worldliness and apostasy have encroached upon the church of Christ. False prophets, sex perversion like: fornication and homosexuality have penetrated Churches, affecting even children and youths. Jesus says He has something against any so called Christian who plays with sin.

A minister said, "Those who are preparing for the coming of Christ should be sober, and watch unto prayer, for our adversary, the Devil, goeth about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour; whom we are to resist steadfast in the faith." Youths who still relish sin should repent so as to escape the punishment that is about to fall on the disobedient. Backslidden youths should trace their way back home like the prodigal son who returned to his father's love from a far country. Have you departed from your first love? You can come back today. As you hear the word of God, harden not your heart and the Lord will receive you.

Chɑllenge: "Come out from among evil doers."

Prɑyer: "I cancel any plan of the devil to make me backslide, in Jesus name."

Quote: "Youths who still relish sin should repent."

Further Reɑding: Luke 15:11-32

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:54pm On Aug 31, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, AUGUST 30, 2019

DO NOT BOAST
TEXT: Isaiah 10:13

"For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done it, and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant man" (Isaiah 10:13).

Boasters provoke God by their lifestyles which are contrary to the will of God who expects absolute humility from His children. God resists the proud and gives grace freely and fully to the humble. According to Saint Augustine, "It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." Lucifer lost his exalted position in heaven because of pride. Youths that are egocentric are on the broad way leading to destruction. The devil who is the author of pride has missed heaven and his doom has been sealed already. Today he goes about enlisting youths into his kingdom by injecting pride into them.

Youths who boast of their academic success or talents are to repent and embrace the gospel of Christ which emphasizes humility before it is too late. Jesus, who is God, humbled Himself before the Father in order to perfect His will. He endured the cross all because of humility and willingness to obey the Father. All you have was given to you by God. Hence, Dwight L. Moody warned, "Be humble or you'll stumble."

Chɑllenge: "Stop boasting."

Prɑyer: "Lord, sanctify my heart so that I can be free from boasting."

Quote: "All you have was given to you by God."

Further Reɑding: Philippians 2:5-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:53am On Sep 01, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, AUGUST 31, 2019

SATAN'S RESISTANCE
TEXT: Zechariah 3:1

"And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him" (Zechariah 3:1).

From our text today we can see how the devil always tries to hinder the people of God. Joshua, the high priest was resisted by Satan. Believers should be on their guard at all times because there is a fierce battle going on between them and the devil, and he is certainly always on duty.

Resistance or opposition from Satan should not deter you from serving the Lord. In fact, it is your ability to face the opposition and come out unhurt that makes you a shining Christian. That is why Orison Swett Marden says, "Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds." Strong resistance will break a spiritually weak believer, but if you put on the whole armour of God, you will surely overcome the devil. You will lose the battle to the devil if you have not made Christ the cornerstone of your life. He is the Captain leading His people to victory. Follow Him and victory is sure.

Chɑllenge: "Stand and fight the devil with God's full armour."

Prɑyer: "Give me grace to overcome Satan's resistance, O God!"

Quote: "Believers should be on their guard."

Further Reɑding: Matthew 4:1-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:07pm On Sep 01, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2019

CHRISTIAN GIVING
TEXT: Luke 6:38

"Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again" (Luke 6:38).

Christ, our perfect example, gave His all to humanity in order to save the world from sin and its consequences. He laid a powerful foundation for His followers as a model in giving. Christian youths should cultivate the habit of giving to God and fellow men. The work of God in the Church cannot be accomplished without money. Christian giving includes giving of our time and talent to the service of God. Above all, our giving should prioritize the giving of the gospel message to the dying world. No wonder Patrick Henry says: "I have now disposed of all my property to my family. There is one thing more I wish I could give them, and that is the Christian religion."

No matter how generous we are to our family members, friends and the community, we must give them the gospel of life because the material things we give people cannot save their souls from hell. Give of your best to the Master. Give the best of your youthful energy to serve God and humanity, and you will never regret it.

Chɑllenge: "Give your best to the service of God and humanity."

Prɑyer: "Lord, make me a giver."

Quote: "Give the best of your youthful energy to God."

Further Reɑding: Proverbs 3:9,10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58am On Sep 02, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2019

DO AS I DO
TEXT: Judges 7:17

"And he said unto them, Look on me, and do likewise: and, behold, when I come to the outside of the camp, it shall be that, as I do, so shall ye do" (Judges 7:17).

Gideon, the hero under consideration today, was a leader who led by example. He told his followers to do as he would do. It is important that when we occupy leadership position we, lead by example. A Christian youth is a spiritual leader in any place he finds himself because the unbelievers expect much from him. Jesus says: "Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 5:14-16).

Youths who live in sin are not good examples and are leading people astray by their poisonous lifestyles. Linda McMahon reminds us thus: "My number one philosophy for leadership is leadership by example. If you are not willing to do it yourself, how can you show others how to do it?"

Chɑllenge: "Be a positive example to others."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to be a positive example, in Jesus name."

Quote: "Lead by example."

Further Reɑding: 1 Timothy 4:12

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:06am On Sep 03, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2019

REJECT FALSE PROPHETS
TEXT: Deuteronomy 12:3

"And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place" (Deuteronomy 12:3).

False prophets are direct enemies of God and His Kingdom's work. Believers, and Christian youths in particular, must be very careful of their strategies as they aim to pull them from the hand of God to hell. The devil is their master and they are working assiduously to please him. God told the children of Israel to "overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place" (Deuteronomy 12:3). This means you are to destroy all their materials in your possession like: CDs, books, tracts etc. You are not to accept their teaching because they will lead you to hell.

According to Monica Smith, "The word of God is complete, and those who don't preach the word in its fullness are false teachers." She makes a valid point here in that we really have to be aware that anyone not preaching the truth of the Bible is a false teacher. Beware of false prophets.

Chɑllenge: "Those who don't preach the word in its fullness are false teachers."

Prɑyer: "Save me Lord, from false prophets, in Jesus name."

Quote: "Destroy all their materials in your possession."

Further Reɑding: Matthew 7:15-20

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by brocab: 11:37pm On Sep 03, 2019
Unfortunately 'everybody who preaches tithing as a must' to make anybody rich in material assets, are false prophets..
False prophets are direct enemies of God and His Kingdom's work.{Deuteronomy 12:3} The devil is their master and they are working assiduously to please him.
{Matthew 4:8-9} Again, the devil took Him to a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. "All this I will give You,” he said, “if You will fall down and worship me-...
The kingdom of God is never about visible material riches-invisible riches of wisdom and knowledge is given to us by God.
Our blessings comes from our obedience towards God-allowing Him to change us within.
"The devil said: I will give you all the riches of this world, everything you desire 'you shall have in return, we see the high rollers 'men of God living in material assets that's visible to the eye!
Tithing is a material substance-it's riches is wealth, without the product we can't trade-buy nor sell, it's visible to the eye, it's a product without life, it's not living, it's dead!
Wisdom comes from God-His knowledge is invisible, it isn't a visible product but we know it's there, with it we can climb mountains, it changes us, it builds us-our understanding sets us free, it brings us truth that will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.
God told the children of Israel to "overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, This means you are to destroy all their materials in your possession like: CDs, books, and any tracts etc You are not to accept their false teaching because they will lead you to hell.
According to Monica Smith, "The word of God is complete, and those who don't preach the word in its fullness are false teachers."
Now listen to these words and learn 'what these words say-because your tithing messages that causes people to personality tithe to you 'to become rich in material assets-while the church stay's poor and destitute shows us a false prophet.
She makes a valid point here in that we really have to be aware that anyone not preaching the truth of the Bible is a false teacher. Beware of false prophets.
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:18am On Sep 04, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2019

STOP THAT PRAYER STOPPER
TEXT: Psalm 66:13-20

"If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me" (Psalm 66:18).

Prayer is so important that the Bible admonishes us in so many places to pray. It is a spiritual communication with God with so many benefits attached. From our text, The Psalmist tells us that if he regarded iniquity in his heart, the Lord would not hear him (Psalm 66:18). Sin is a major stopper of answers to prayer. A youth who engages in fornication, stealing, lying, occultism, gambling, examination malpractice etc. cannot receive answers to prayers. God says: "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land" (2 Chronicles 7:14).

If you are a sinner, God expects you to pray for your salvation first, and not material things or prosperity. After salvation, you can pray for yourself and others. The devil has blinded so many today that they concentrate on prayers without salvation in Christ.

Chɑllenge: "Sin is a stopper of prayers."

Prɑyer: "Lord, take away every stopper of prayer from my life."

Quote: "After Salvation, you can pray for yourself and others."

Further Reɑding: John 9:31

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:43am On Sep 05, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2019

RULES OF FAST
TEXT: Matthew 6:16-18

"Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward" (Matthew 6:16).

Fasting is a spiritual exercise which helps to draw us closer to God. It is abstinence from both liquid and solid food. Fasting, if done properly, can bring us closer to God because it humbles us before God. Fasting that is not accompanied with prayers is valueless. Believers should also note that prayer and fasting without holiness and righteousness is self-humiliation. From our text, Jesus warns us against fasting that is meant to promote self-glorification and pride. When you engage in fasting, take care of your physical appearance so that people will not see frustration and exhaustion in your comportment.

Personal fasting is very good but you must specifically be led by the Spirit of God before you engage in fasting that lasts for many days to avoid health hazards like ulcer and dehydration. Purposeful fasting will lead you to spend time to seek the face of God for divine blessing like: sanctification, Holy Ghost baptism, healing, and academic breakthrough. When observing prayer and fasting, make sure you deal with unbelief and unforgiving spirit. They can ruin the whole exercise.

Chɑllenge: "Unscriptural fasting has no value."

Prɑyer: "Help me, O God, to fast acceptably."

Quote: "Deal with unbelief and unforgiving spirit."

Further Reɑding: Isaiah 58:3-14

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 06, 2019

NECESSITY OF PRAYER
TEXT: James 4:1-10

"Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because he ask not" (James 4:2).

"Prayer is commission. Out of the quietness with God, power is generated that turns the spiritual machinery of the world. When you pray, you begin to feel the sense of being sent that the divine compulsion is upon you." E. Stanley Jones rightly observes the power and potentials of prayer in this quote. Prayer is the engine house for the believer. It is simply talking to God as a child talks to his or her earthly father. Prayer is necessary in our lives and in all our dealings with God because without God we can do nothing. Christians who neglect prayer are powerless and easy prey for the devil.

Many youths desire God's blessings but lack the desire to pray. Jesus admonishes believers,"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened" (Matthew 7:7-8) Rise up to face your challenges through prayer and you will overcome them.

Chɑllenge: "Prayer is the key."

Prɑyer: "Lord Jesus, teach me how to pray."

Quote: "Christians who neglect prayers are powerless."

Further Reɑding: Matthew 7:7-10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Prayer and Praise by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:41am On Sep 06, 2019
STAND FOR TRUTH
Sunday Worship Service September 01, 2019 Youth Choir Ministration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaNR0Uene5c

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (114) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.