Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches - Religion (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches (1386881 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:10pm On Sep 01, 2020

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:32pm On Sep 02, 2020
Live Your Dreams

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 03, 2020

Watch Your Appetite
TEXT: Genesis 25:29-34

"When thou sittest to eat with a ruler, consider diligently what is before thee" (Proverbs 23:1).

Daniel, a slave boy in Babylon exemplified good discipline over his appetite. Given the privilege of being served with varieties of delicacies in the king's palace, he opted out of idolatrous dainties and deceitful meat, and purposed in his heart not to be defiled {Daniel 1:8}.

Appetite is the desire to eat. It is simulated by many factors such as hunger, greed and sensuality. The desire to satisfy the flesh makes one fall for the devil's enticement, as it is usually stated that, "The way to a man's heart is through his belly."

Jesus' first temptation by the devil was with food. Esau lost his birthright because of food. Indiscipline in appetite has led many to break their fast before the time schedule, eat the Lord's Supper unworthily, go after junk food, and eat food offered to idols. Consequently, it will also lead to compromise and unequal yoke.

God's counsel therefore is to "put a knife to your throat..." (Proverbs 23:2). This entails repenting of gluttony, daily watching over one's appetite and putting one's trust in Jesus and His word (Matthew 4:3, 4).

Quote: "Esau lost his birthright because of food."

Chɑllenge: "If sinners entice you, do not consent"

Prɑyer: "Oh Lord, set a watch over my appetite"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:06am On Sep 03, 2020

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:32pm On Sep 03, 2020

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 04, 2020

Maintain The Pure Standard
TEXT: Matthew 5:17-19

"Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set" (Proverbs 22:8).

In the field of Surveying and Geoinformatics, Landmarks are established permanent monuments used to define the boundaries of an enclosed area of land or property. Every proper survey must be interconnected to landmarks.

As we journey from earth to heaven, the Bible is the established landmark that serves as the reference point in judgment, justice and righteousness. The Bible is the final authority in all matters. It is the word of the Almighty God.

Nothing can be done against the truth. It is to be believed, obeyed, and defended. To try to remove the old landmark is to try to walk against God and His will. The 21st century youth should understand that advancement in technology and information cannot override the Bible. The Bible is the ancient landmark with a timeless message.

The landmark of salvation from sin, righteousness, humility, love, peace, and fervent faith which our fathers set and emphasised, must be highly esteemed. Jesus Christ is the fulfilment of the law and the prophets, our example in the New Testament. Look up to Him.

Quote: "The Bible is the ancient landmark."

Chɑllenge: "Landmarks prevent lawlessness"

Prɑyer: "Oh God, give me grace to uphold Your standard always"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:16pm On Sep 04, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 05, 2020

Time Management
TEXT: Psalm 90:8-12

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom" (Psalm 90:12).

According to Alexis Carrel, the most efficient way to live reasonably every morning is to make a plan of one's day and every night to examine the result obtained. Time is the most valuable asset on earth. It is more valuable than money because you can get more money, but you can never get more time.

Unfortunately, many youths today squander their precious time on less important activities such as watching football matches, political arguments, playing video games, careless visitations and idleness.

Like the "the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do..." (1 Chronicles 12:32), victorious youths of this generation must pray to God for divine wisdom on how to ration their time on profitable ventures.

A good 24-hour workable timetable is a must for any youth that wants to achieve success in life and ministry. Other profitable activities that youths can engage in are: Group study/tutorials, proper use of the library, and reading biographies of contemporary successful people. Great success awaits you if you can use your time wisely.

Quote: "Time is the most valuable asset on earth."

Chɑllenge: "You have 86,400 seconds each day; spend it wisely"

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord, to make profitable use of my time daily"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:14am On Sep 05, 2020

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:24pm On Sep 05, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 06, 2020

Focus On Excellence
TEXT: Daniel 6:1-4

"Then this Daniel was preferred above the presidents and princes, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king thought to set him over the whole realm" (Daniel 6:3).

According to Aristotle, "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence is therefore not an act but a habit." Excellence is moving your attention from merely passing exams to focusing on achieving great results daily. It is therefore the ability to do what has been done the best way it can ever be done.

Excellence is the product of determination and discipline. It is often said that, "It takes someone 10,000 hours of practice to reach the top of his or her discipline." Endeavour to invest your 10,000 hours to study and practice before your exams, and outstanding success will be yours.

Show me a youth that is bent on pursuing excellence and I will show you a youth that cannot be stopped by challenges or family background.

For achievement of excellence, the following characteristics must be imbibed: Doggedness, diligence, enthusiasm, courage to be different, and staying out of your comfort zone. Above all, pray and trust in God for secular and spiritual excellence like Daniel.

Quote: "Invest your 10,000 hours in study."

Chɑllenge: "Excellence has no substitute"

Prɑyer: "Oh Lord, help me to pay the price for excellence"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:49pm On Sep 06, 2020
At ease in zion?

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 07, 2020

Falling Is Not Failure
TEXT: Micah 7:7-9

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: When I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me" (Micah 7:8).

Little Benny was arguably the dullest in his class. Some even argued that he was the dullest in the world. He was practically failing in all his subjects. Benny lacked confidence in his mental ability.

But a revolution happened in his life when his mother made him study harder, reduced his TV watching hours, mandated him to study in the library every day and made a weekly summary for her.

This move transformed the life of Benny; he started reading voraciously, and suddenly, his mental ability changed. He rose from zero to hero. This is the story of Dr. Ben Carson who became the greatest neurosurgeon in the world.

Have you failed in your spiritual life or in your academics? You can rise again. Our memory verse says, "Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: When I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me" {Micah 7:8}. An acronym for FAIL is: First Attempt In Learning. An antidote to failure is reading. Start today, and soar higher.

Quote: "You can rise again."

Chɑllenge: "Today's failure, tomorrow's stepping stone to success"

Prɑyer: "Oh Lord, help me to triumph despite setbacks"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:19am On Sep 07, 2020
Daily schedules.

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 8, 2020

Divine Jail-Break
TEXT: Acts 16:25-34

"And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: And immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed" (Acts 16:26).

A jail-break (prison break) is an unlawful act of prisoners forcing their way out of a prison. Some of the causes include corruption, poor funding of prison facilities, poor prison facilities and inadequate security features. But have you heard of a jail-break occasioned by divine intervention? That was exactly what happened when two men of God were unlawfully detained in the prison. When Paul and Silas began to pray and sing in the Philippian jail, there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately, all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

One important lesson to be derived from this story is that God is in control of all the details of our lives. Nothing is really by accident.
Paul and Silas suffered for doing the will of God. But they took it cheerfully. And God's power came down on their behalf, and a tremendous miracle was displayed. Whatever challenge you are passing through today, trust God for a divine intervention.

Quote: "God is in control."

Chɑllenge: "I believe in your divine power"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to triumph despite setbacks"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:51am On Sep 08, 2020
Focus on watching.

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:40pm On Sep 08, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 09, 2020

Just To See Jesus
TEXT: Luke 19:1-10

"And he sought to see Jesus who He was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature. And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see Him: For He was to pass that way" (Luke 19:3, 4).

Zacchaeus was a tax-collector and he was wealthy. But he was not particularly popular. He was of short stature and the people detested him because he was a sinner.

But on the day Jesus passed through his town, he was determined to have a good look at this Prophet from Galilee. To overcome the obstacle of the crowd, he decided to climb a tree - just to see Jesus.

And Jesus took note of his effort, recognised him, called him by his name and became an invitee at his house. During this encounter, Zacchaeus came under conviction, repented, made restitutions and was converted.

This can be your experience today. If you take the first step to see Jesus, He will take note of your effort. And He will take the next step to meet you.

Quote: "Take the first step."

Chɑllenge: "He will take note of your effort"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I come to You in faith"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:45am On Sep 09, 2020
Jesus is greater.

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:18am On Sep 10, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 10, 2020

Give Sacrificially To God
TEXT: Genesis 22:6-13

"And He said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: For now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from Me" (Genesis 22:12).

This is one of the most amazing stories in the Bible. Abraham received a promise that God would make him a great nation. Yet, he did not have a son through his wife until the age of 100 years. He loved his son, Isaac, and placed high hopes on him. One day, God demanded that he sacrifice his son as a burnt offering. Abraham agreed and proceeded to offer his son. Of course, God forbade him from harming the child. It was a test and Abraham passed it. That was a good example of sacrificial giving. Oswald J. Smith said, "The only way to have more than enough to spare is to give God more than you can spare."

Sacrificial giving is at the heart of true religion. It means relinquishing what is dear and precious to us at God's request and for God's use. It means giving willingly, cheerfully and generously for God's work. It may involve giving our substances, time and talents to God. It is a proof of our faith in God. But, you must first give yourself.

Quote: "You must first give yourself."

Chɑllenge: "Sacrificial giving is at the heart of true religion"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I give myself to You"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:48pm On Sep 10, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2020

Basic Care For Your Body
TEXT: Ephesians 5:29,30

"For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church" (Ephesians 5:29).

The human body is amazing. It is always working, growing and repairing, changing food to fuel and fighting illness and germs. When you were a baby, your parents were careful to take care of your body. Now, it is your duty to do so. And here are some basic tips on basic care of the body. They are called pillars of health:

(1) Personal and environmental hygiene.
(2) A balanced diet.
(3) Adequate rest and recreation.
(4) Regular exercise.
(5) Adequate sunlight and right temperature.
(6) Emotional balance.
(7) Healthy relationships.

You must also avoid some unhealthy habits and practices that harm the body. Smoking, drug and alcohol abuse, promiscuity and unhealthy eating habits are some of the habits you must avoid. It is your duty to nourish and cherish your body. Remember too that your body, soul and spirit are inter-related. A spiritual problem may have effects on your emotions or body and vice versa. Was it not emotional and spiritual problem that Amnon had? Yet he grew lean and sick bodily. So ask God to help you to live right.

Quote: "The human body is amazing."

Chɑllenge: "Nourish and cherish your body"

Prɑyer: "My body is thine temple, O Lord"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:11am On Sep 11, 2020
God is Omniscient.

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 12, 2020

Have You A Hard Heart?
TEXT: Hebrews 3:5-12

"Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted Me, proved Me, and saw my works forty years" (Hebrews 3:8, 9).

The Bible considers the heart to be the hub of human personality. Our desires, thoughts, understanding, reasoning, actions, faith and feelings are all products of the heart. Jesus confirms that the heart is a repository of good or evil, and all that proceed from the mouth comes from the heart (Mark 7:21-23). One fearful reality is that figuratively speaking, the heart can get hardened. The Bible distinguishes between a heart of stone and a heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26).

Some of the causes of a hard heart are: sin (not confessed and repented of), persistent disobedience to God's warnings, unbelief, preoccupation with worldly affairs, disregard for spiritual things, fleshly indulgence and loss of conviction. Korah, Dathan and Abiram in the Old Testament and Judas Iscariot in the New Testament are examples of men with hard hearts. One may have a hard heart without knowing it. A hardened heart is cold, insensitive, unfeeling and unyielding. It is worthwhile to have a little check-up now. Do you have a hard heart? Remember God's promise, "I will give you a heart of flesh."

Quote: "I will give you a heart of flesh."

Chɑllenge: "The heart is a repository of good or evil"

Prɑyer: "Change my heart, O God"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:30pm On Sep 12, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 13, 2020

Recommended Role Model
TEXT: Proverbs 6:6-11

"Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest" (Proverbs 6:6-8).

A role model is simply an example to be emulated. He/she serves as inspiration to others to live meaningful lives. God Himself recommends role models for His children.

Abraham and Sarah were set forth as examples of people who were called and blessed (Genesis 12:1-5; Hebrews 11:8, 11); Noah, Daniel and Job were presented as models in righteousness (Ezekiel 14:14); the Rechabites were recommended for integrity (Jeremiah 35:13, 14). And, you won't believe it - as a role model in industry, God recommends the ant!

Indeed, there are important life lessons to learn from the ant:

(1) The ant is hardworking. There is no place for laziness in its dictionary.
(2) The ant prepares for the future. It anticipates the winter during the summer.
(3) The ant is self-motivated. Without a prefect, supervisor or monitor, it does what ought to be done.
(4) The ant is a strategic planner. It demonstrates excellent precision and organisational skills.
(5) The ant recognises the value of teamwork. They set goals and work together to achieve them.

God is right. Go to the ant and learn one or two things.

Quote: "The ant prepares for the future."

Chɑllenge: "Learn from the ant"

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me this mindset of industry"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:43am On Sep 14, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 14, 2020

Doubt And Die
TEXT: 2 Kings 7:14-20

"And that lord answered the man of God, and said, Now, behold, if the LORD should make windows in heaven, might such a thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof" (2 Kings 7:19).

Life expectancy at birth is an estimate of how long a person born today would live. It varies from country to country. According to various studies, there are many factors that affect life expectancy including socioeconomic status (employment, income, education and economic wellbeing), the quality of health system and the ability of people to access it, health behaviours such as tobacco and excessive alcohol consumption, poor nutrition, and lack of exercise, among all others.

But, would you have thought that unbelief could be a factor that affects life expectancy? That was the experience of the lord in our text. That was the experience of the 10 spies and about three million Israelites in the wilderness. In fact, that was the experience of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. They doubted God. And their lives were cut short. You have an option before you - don't doubt God; believe and live.

Quote: "Believe and live."

Chɑllenge: "Don't doubt God"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I believe"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:44am On Sep 14, 2020
Footsteps of Jesus

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:29pm On Sep 14, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 15, 2020

Part Ways With The Proud
TEXT: Proverbs 16:16-20

"Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud" (Proverbs 16:19).

The 4th Century Desert Monk, Evagrius Ponticus, identified what was later regarded as the "7 Deadly Sins." Among the list of sins identified, pride was one. Pride is a haughty attitude and disposition of heart which makes one to have a high opinion of one's own worth or importance.

The proud believes he is better than others. Pride is the independent spirit which says, "I have no need of God." Pride is making one's self an idol.

It is dangerous because it is destructive. God hates pride and resists the proud. It is also dangerous to associate with the proud. It was pride that made Lucifer a Satan. Lucifer went down because of pride, and he brought a third of the angels down with him.

No man will be admitted into heaven with pride. God wants you to learn to walk in humility and kindness, and not in arrogance. He also wants you to dissociate yourself from the proud and the scornful.

Quote: "Learn to walk in humility."

Chɑllenge: "Dissociate yourself from the proud"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I humble myself in your presence"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:46pm On Sep 15, 2020
Pride goes before a fall.

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:11am On Sep 16, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2020

The Name Of Jesus
TEXT: Philippians 2:5-11

"That at the Name of Jesus Every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father" (Philippians 2:10-11).

It is very likely that the first ceremony you ever attended was a naming ceremony, your own naming ceremony. And it is likely the name you bear today was given to you by your parents, probably, your father. Names are so important that they are often given in a public ceremony. Names are not just our identities, they are statements, prayers and prophecies about our future and destinies.

Jesus was given a name by His Father and He lived up to His name. That name has become the most powerful name on earth. Through that name, sinners have received forgiveness and cleansing - think of Mary Magdalene. The sick have been healed - think of the lame man at the beautiful gate.
Those possessed with demons were delivered - think of the maid at Philippi. Believers received the Holy Ghost baptism - think of the 120 in the upper room. Prayers are answered. Think of millions today praying in His name. And at that name, every knee shall bow.

Quote: "Prayers are answered in His name."

Chɑllenge: "He lived up to His name"

Prɑyer: "In the name of Jesus, I have the victory"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2020

Odious Lifestyle
TEXT: Proverbs 30:21-23

"For three things the earth is disquieteth, and for four which it cannot bear... For an odious woman when she is married, and an handmaid that is heir to her handmaid" (Proverbs 30:21).

The word 'odious' is from the Latin noun odium, which means hate. lf something is odious, it is detestable or abominable. Are there lifestyles that are odious or detestable? Shakespeare thinks so. He used it in his book, Othello, "You told a lie, an odious damned lie." And the Bible says so. It identifies seven things that are abominations to God (Proverbs 6:16-19). These include arrogant haughty eyes, lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, false witness who pours out lies, and a man who sows discord among brethren.

While these are not the only things that should be avoided they do sum up most of the wicked things condemned by God. They have to do with things that deal with the deep heart motives of the individual. There is good news. No matter how despicable one's life is today, it can be cleansed. The blood of Jesus is able to cleanse away all sins. Come to Him in repentance today.

Quote: "The blood of Jesus is able to cleanse."

Chɑllenge: "If something is odious, it is hateful"

Prɑyer: "Lord, change my life today"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2020

Work Ethic: The Winning Way
TEXT: Ephesians 6:5-8

"Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart" (Ephesians 6:6).

It is recorded that at the Ford Company, a worker, John Gallo was fired for being "caught in the act of smiling." That was in the 1940s when work ethic was considered so important that suppression of humour in the workplace was one of them. Work ethic is the belief that hard work has moral benefit and inherent value to an individual. The Bible has a lot to say about wok ethic, and the aspect under consideration today has to do with avoidance of eyeservice. Eyeservice is work that is diligently performed when the master is present and watching, but neglected when he is not looking or is absent.

This principle of "not with eyeservice" applies to employees in their relationships to their employers, children in their relationships to parents, and Christians in their relationship to their Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, whose bondservants we all are. It has well been said that a supreme test of godliness is what a Christian does - and does not do - when he is alone.

Quote: "Hardwork has moral benefits."

Chɑllenge: "Godliness is what a Christian does when alone"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I will do your will from the heart"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 19, 2020

Be Bold, Brethren!
TEXT: Philippians 1:12-21

"According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death" (Philippians 1:20).

Boldness is the courage to act or speak fearlessly, despite real or imagined dangers. When a person acts boldly, he or she takes action regardless of risks. The Bible is not only a manual of instructions and charges to be strong and courageous but a dairy of courageous acts of ordinary people.
Think of the story of nervous Moses who faced the tyrant Pharaoh, fearful Gideon who led an army to victory, captive youths in Babylon who dared the ruler of an empire, inexperienced David who confronted the giant Goliath, and timid disciples who became bold witnesses of Christ's resurrection.

As followers of Christ, we should pray as Paul did, that the Lord should grant us supernatural boldness to speak and live as He would have us do. In this age of great deception and resistance to God's Word, we need boldness to speak the truth, take a stand for Christ, preach the gospel and refuse to compromise with sin.

Quote: "We need boldness to speak the truth."

Chɑllenge: "Take action regardless of risks"

Prɑyer: "Lord, make me strong"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:27pm On Sep 21, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 20, 2020

Secret For Students
TEXT: Proverbs 1:1-8

"A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels" (Proverbs 1:5).

It is no news in the academic race that some will succeed while others fail. For every success, there is a secret, just as every product requires a process. The Bible is full of tips and principles of success. Two of such secrets are revealed in our text today. And they have to do with your study habit.

In the first place, you must aim to increase learning. Add to your knowledge on daily basis. You learn from what you hear, see, read and experience. When we succeed in learning something, we feel better, more confident in ourselves and in our ability to tackle all sorts of new tasks.

The second secret is similar. Aim to have understanding. Successful students don't just study for fun; they study to know. Don't just study randomly, read to understand. You may need to see your counsellor on reading and comprehension. Both high schools and universities have counseling centres.

Benjamin Franklin said, "He that won't be counselled can't be helped." Do you really understand when you are studying? If not, why not seek help?

Quote: "Study to know."

Chɑllenge: "Aim to increase learning"

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me understanding"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:33pm On Sep 21, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 21, 2020

Wisdom And Weapons Of War
TEXT: Ecclesiastes 9:13-18

"Wisdom is better than weapons of war: But one sinner destroyeth much good" (Ecclesiastes 9:18).

From 1965 - 1973, America prosecuted one of its most brutal and most controversial wars on a foreign soil - the Vietnam War. More than 58,000 Americans were killed along with more than 4 million Vietnamese, Laotians and Cambodians. And yet, none of the stated objectives of the war was achieved.

Right counsel and right judgment could have averted the war, preserved many lives and saved America's reputation. Today, under the auspices of the United Nations, many such catastrophes have been averted through diplomacy, negotiation and mediation.

This goes to confirm what the Bible states in our text today - wisdom is better than weapons of war. Godly wisdom is a gift of God and comes from above. It is pure, peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial, and sincere.

It achieves more result at the end of the day than brute strength, experience, education, knowledge, riches, position or whatever is considered human strength. If you lack wisdom, ask for it from God.

Quote: "If you lack wisdom, ask for it from God."

Chɑllenge: "Wisdom achieves better results"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I need the wisdom from above"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:55pm On Sep 21, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 22, 2020

Perfect Is His Product
TEXT: Philippians 2:12-16

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).

Perfection, as used in the Bible, has both an absolute and a relative sense. With respect to God, it is absolute. It means the highest possible degree of excellence. With respect to man, it is relative and means to be complete in one's nature, lacking nothing. Perfection means to have just what one should have and be what one should be. God makes no mistakes.

As you look around and observe all the absurdities, deficiencies and imperfections in both you and other human beings, you may begin to wonder, "How can a perfect God be responsible for all these?"

The answer is simple. God has His will, His plans and His pleasures. You may not understand everything He does and why He does them. But be rest assured of this fact: He makes all things beautiful in His time. You may not be satisfied with what you see today, be it healing, a scheme or something provided in answer to your prayer. But, be sure of this, when God is done with you, the product will be just perfect. Trust Him.

Quote: "God makes no mistakes."

Chɑllenge: "God works according to His will"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I surrender to your good pleasures"

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.