Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches - Religion (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches (1386585 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:04pm On Oct 13, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2020

Daniel In The Den
TEXT: Daniel 6:15-24

"Then the king commanded, and they brought Daniel, and cast him into the den of lions. Now the king spake and said unto Daniel, Thy God whom thou servest continually, he will deliver thee" (Daniel 6:16).

Here is the story of a Christian student known for his uncompromising stance against examination malpractice in his school. This attitude elicited hatred from his classmates who decided to plot evil against him. During their final exam in school as a classmate threw a piece of paper (with answers) under his desk and the invigilator was alerted. He was stopped from continuing with that exam and summoned the next day to the school's Examination Disciplinary Board for questioning. After thorough investigation, he was found innocent and the culprits were prosecuted.

Daniel's extraordinary wisdom and understanding enabled him to ascend to an enviable leadership position in Babylon. His promotion generated many enemies whose evil plans led to his being cast into a den of lions. He was miraculously delivered, his enemies punished and God glorified. Living as a lily in the mire attracts attacks in form of resentment, opposition, ridicule, false accusation and deprivation. God has and will always bring deliverance to all who are troubled by the adversaries. Therefore, Christians are to remain resolute in the faith as triumph awaits overcomers.

Quote: "Living as a lily in the mire attracts attacks."

Chɑllenge: "Honour God with your faith and faithfulness"

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, deliver me in times of trouble"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:27pm On Oct 13, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 14, 2020

A High-Profile Personality
TEXT: Luke 19:1-10

"And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich" (Luke 19:2).

An individual that occupies a conspicuous position, intentionally attracting attention, is known to possess a high-profile personality. In our text, we read of Zaccheaus. The Bible records that he was "...chief among the publicans and he was rich." This entails that he was a man classified to be of high-profile personality.

Interestingly, irrespective of his renowned status among the people, he still longed and sought after Jesus. He knew that although he was widely known among people, he was not recognised in the sight of God, the Maker and Creator of all things. Therefore, he had to humble himself to seek after God's salvation. He got saved and made necessary restitutions.

As a Christian, regardless of your excellent academic performance, buoyant financial status, or popularity among peers, you still need to humble yourself to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour. Possessing a high-profile personality does not exempt anyone from receiving the salvation of God, for "...God is no respecter of persons" (Acts 10:34). Seek God today, and you shall find Him.

Quote: "Seek God today."

Chɑllenge: "God is no respecter of persons"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I surrender to Your Lordship in humility"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:38am On Oct 14, 2020
Don't be a victim of contention.

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:27pm On Oct 14, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2020

Do Not Fret
TEXT: Psalm 37:1-8

"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him: Fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass" (Psalm 37:7).

Think about what angers you; the injustice that keeps you up at night. Maybe someone has wronged you or maybe you have been treated unfairly. It might even seem as though the people involved have gotten away with it. You can see David reflecting on the years of his life. Despite the injustice he had experienced and witnessed, he knew God is faithful. To fret means "to become angry and worry." To fret is a very destructive emotion; it turns our focus from God to ourselves. We lay there troubled; thinking of all the things we can do or should have done to make things right. God's word to us is, 'Fret not'.

Our text today tells us to have abiding faith in God who has promised to punish the ungodly and to reward the righteous. You need to remember that God's word can never fail and the battle is not yours but God's. Would you give your worries to Jesus? Tell him about your hurts and pain. Trust Him, delight in Him. Fret not, wait patiently and rest in the Lord.

Quote: "The battle is not yours but God's."

Chɑllenge: "Why worry when you can pray?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me the grace to rest in you"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:13am On Oct 15, 2020
Accept His Work Of Grace

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:21pm On Oct 15, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2020

The Word As Honeycomb
TEXT: Psalm 119:9-19

"My son, eat thou honey, because it is good; and the honeycomb, which is sweet to thy taste" (Proverbs 24:13).

A young man got fed up with life’s disappointments. At 25 years of age, he was a failure in life. Unlike Jabez who sought the Lord for divine intervention, he was overwhelmed by his negative condition. One day he decided to commit suicide. He smashed battery into water and drank it. Few minutes later, he began to cry for help. Some ‘Good Samaritan’ neighbours took him to the clinic for medical intervention. The only prescribed solution that would remedy the intestinal turbulence was a bottle of honey that restored his life.

Honey is extracted from bee hive. Honey in its original state when eaten as food cleanses the blood, builds the immune system and serves as antibiotics. It is sweet and pleasant to taste. The honey comb is the store house of honey in the bee hive. The undiluted word of God is the solution to all problems and challenges of life. Study, obey and preach the Word. If you are a sinner, repent of your sins, believe in Christ and you will enjoy the sweetness of the word as honeycomb.

Quote: "Study, obey and preach the word."

Chɑllenge: "God, s word is forever settled in Heaven."

Prɑyer: "O Lord, help me to live by your word each day"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:20am On Oct 16, 2020
Don't be proud about anything. God will lift you up in due season.

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:33pm On Oct 16, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2020

Divinely Ordained Destiny
TEXT: Jeremiah 1:1-10

"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations" (Jeremiah 1:5).

Blessed is that man that discovers early in life the purpose of his living and the thing he must die for. Such a man often leaves an indelible footprint on the sands of time. This knowledge emboldened Christ to reply to Pilate’s question about His kingship thus: “Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world…" It was what prompted Paul to respond to a negative prophecy by positively saying, "I am ready not only to be bound but to die." In our text, Jeremiah’s ordained destiny was revealed to him early in life by God who showed him the details of what it would cost him to fulfill it.

It is not surprising how he was able to withstand such myriads of opposition on his path to fulfilling his divinely ordained destiny. He, like Jesus and Paul, refused to vacillate despite many oppositions. This discovery is only possible when you are reconnected with your Maker through the salvation experience. The question is: Have you discovered your divinely ordained destiny?

Quote: "Jeremiah's ordained destiny was revealed to him."

Chɑllenge: "God's word is forever settled in Heaven?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, show me what to live and die for"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2020
Condition of your family.

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17am On Oct 18, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2020

Sincere Humility In God's Sight
TEXT: 2 Chronicles 33:10-15

"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He shall lift you up" (James 4:10).

A young convert once heard a message on the immense benefits of humility. While all the worshippers left the church, he locked himself in, crying and praying, “God, please humble me. I will not let you go except you humble me." The pastor swiftly came in, tapped him and asked why he was praying such a dangerous prayer for himself. He was astonished that the pastor who preached such a convicting message could be used by the devil to hinder him from 'praying through.' The pastor took time to explain why he should not pray like that to him.

Our study reveals that man's duty is to humble himself as Manasseh did while God's is to lift up. It is a law of cause and effect. God only comes to humble a man who refuses to humble himself and when he does, He brings such a man into humiliation, degradation, distress, misfortune and emptiness. Humbling yourself before God entails yielding to every word of God. When a youth does this, God lifts him/her up but when he/she becomes incorrigible God has no option than to do the humbling by Himself.

Quote: "Man's duty is to humble himself."

Chɑllenge: "Waiting for God to humble you is waiting for disaster."

Prɑyer: "Lord, I say yes to your word, way and will today"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:44am On Oct 18, 2020
Be Ready For The Rapture.

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2020

Conversion And Commissioning
TEXT: Acts 22:1-10

"And I said, What shall I do, LORD? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do" (Acts 22:10).

A master once announced to his two servants of his intention to travel. On the day of his departure, one of them came early to the master to ask what would be his duty while he was away. The master rolled out a catalogue of must do tasks for him. The second, hearing of his colleague's tasks, dodged. The first servant toiled and toiled while the second wasted away his time in idleness. On his arrival, the master was astonished at the tremendous achievement the first servant had made and decided to send him on a few months course and afterward made him the general manager of his new multinational company. The other servant's appointment was terminated instantly.

Paul’s life is a great challenge to many today. As soon as he acknowledged Jesus as his Lord, he asked Him for his work schedule. He toiled relentlessly till he declared, "I have finished my course…" His commitment to Christ condemns all believers who shy away from being commissioned for God's service. Every believer is a missionary. Serve in your Church, school or office fellowship.

Quote: "He asked Him for his work schedule."

Chɑllenge: "Are you saved but not commissioned? Why?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?"

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2020

The Grace Of God
TEXT: Titus 2:6-15

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world" (Titus 2:11,12).

An apt mnemonics for the word 'grace,' is, "God's riches at Christ's expense." Everything good that anyone is or possesses is by grace. At the expense of Christ, the heavenly Father provided salvation for lost humanity. So, we are saved by grace, kept by grace, empowered for service by grace, achieve victories by grace and finish our courses successfully all by grace. "Circumstances may be bad around us. We may have tragedy, sorrow, temptation and failure, but in the midst of these circumstances, God's grace is sufficient," wrote Billy Graham.

Our topic today focuses on God's grace. It is immeasurable - so deep! It is no wonder William Jenkyn said, “A drop of grace is worth a sea of gifts." It teaches us to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts, such as sensual music, movies, literature and companionships. Conversely, it shows us how to live soberly, righteously and godly in this present world. The components of the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance are evidence of grace in the believer. Do people notice them in you?

Quote: "It is immeasurable - so deep!"

Chɑllenge: "Grace in your heart must be noticeable by all"

Prɑyer: "O God, help me to live by grace in Jesus' name."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:21am On Oct 21, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2020

God's Unfailing Guidance
TEXT: Romans 8:12-17

"For as many as are led by the spirit of God, they are the sons of God" (Romans 8:14).

Seventy years had passed in the land of captivity in Babylon, then the decree came that those Israelites who so desired to be free were allowed to go back to Jerusalem. Majority of them were born in captivity and the journey was far and dangerous. How would they get to their destination? Ezra, their leader, knew the secret: 'the hand of our God upon us.' So, he got the entire congregation to seek of God for the right way. “The strength of a man consists in finding out the way God is going, and going that way," declared Henry W. Beecher.

Our text reveals to us the privilege available to all children of God today. The Spirit leads us to all truth. The Spirit witnesses with our spirit that we are the children of God. Your spiritual ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left" (Isaiah 30:21). The only sure way to a life without regrets is to tune in to heaven's channel by prayer for divine guidance in taking any decision in life.

Quote: "The Spirit leads us to all truth!"

Chɑllenge: "I must stay tuned to heaven's channel always"

Prɑyer: "Teach me thy way, O Lord; I will walk in thy truth."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:07am On Oct 21, 2020
When the lockdown is over.

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:21pm On Oct 23, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2020

Rebirth Or Rebranding?
TEXT: 2 Corinthians 5:14-17

"Therefore if any man be in Christ; he is a new creature: Old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Joe Bishop wrote, "If you are saved, your behaviour changes as evidence that something changed on the inside- in the heart." A newly married lady took some wrong steps that threatened the peace of the home. Few days after their wedding, she had gone to purchase a costly item for the family and brought home a receipt with her maiden name written on it. She also claimed to have lost the money her husband gave to her for processing her change of name. Also, on their first outing, to her husband’s surprise, she introduced herself by her maiden name. She had publicly declared leaving her parents in the Church but practically failed to cleave and become one flesh with her husband.

In the same vein, some youths respond to altar calls at church meetings, but months after declaring for Christ, they are still attached to their old sinful lifestyles. You can see it in their conversation, dressing, association, and actions. Is the term ‘born-again’ a mere rebranding or a rebirth? If it is a rebirth, then allow the old sinful things to pass away.

Quote: "Still attached to their old sinful lifestyles!"

Chɑllenge: "The acid test of your new life experience is your lifestyle"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I give myself to you, Icleanse me inside and outside."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY OCTOBER 23, 2020

His Grace In Our Weakness
TEXT: 2 Corinthians 12:5-10

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee; for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me" (2 Corinthians 12:9).

Steve Maraboli said, "Accept yourself, your strengths, your weaknesses, your truths and know what tools you have to fulfill your purpose." Many people waste precious time and energy wishing, praying and waiting to change themselves in order to fulfill their life's goals not knowing that what they see as weakness is actually strength. Apostle Paul in our text is a good example. He had prayed three times over his perceived weakness before God told him that what he needed was not ‘strength’ but grace. Like Paul, we are often tempted to focus on our perceived weakness when we compare ourselves with others.

You need to learn to have a different perspective about your weakness so that you can discover your strength through God's grace. Someone aptly said that a person’s strength was always his weakness and vice versa. List out your perceived weaknesses and prayerfully seek God’s grace to turn them into strength. Grace is the greatest coach that makes a champion out of a weakling; the only diet that supplies sufficient daily calories for a weakling to become a champion.

Quote: "Grace is the best router from weakness to strength!"

Chɑllenge: "Convert your weakness into strength through divine grace"

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me sufficient grace for the challenge ahead."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:20pm On Oct 23, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2020

High Level Of Love For Him
TEXT: Matthew 10:33-39

"He that loveth father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me: And he that loveth son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me" (Matthew 10:37).

A spinster who was almost rounding off her courtship with a man she loved asked him to tell her from the depth of his heart how much he loved her. The man paused and declared, "I love you so much but to be sincere with you, I am still struggling to love you as I loved the lady that jilted me before." This is a case of laying hand upon the plough and looking back. To Elizabeth Payson Prentiss (1818-1878), no looking back in her love for Jesus in spite of sorrow and pain. She wrote the hymn, 'More love to Thee.'

Read the second stanza:

Once earthly joy I craved,
Sought peace and rest;
Now Thee alone I seek,
Give what is best;
This all my prayer shall be;
More love, O Christ, to Thee…

In our text, Jesus gives us a clue to what makes a person to be worthy or deserving of Him it is greater love, for He loves the most. Where you place Christ on your scale of preference and your commitment to carrying your cross determine your worthiness for Him. Beloved, love Him more.

Quote: "The more you love Him; the more you are loved."

Chɑllenge: "Love Christ more than anyone else"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to love you more."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17pm On Oct 24, 2020
Love Him Without Any Rival

Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:20pm On Oct 29, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2020

Sacrificing For A Friend
TEXT: 1 Samuel 18:1-5

"And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle" (1 Samuel 18:4).

Jonathan, the son of King Saul, demonstrated an uncommon pattern of friendship and godliness in our text, when he looked away from selfish ambition and embraced the will of God by recognising David as the anointed King to ascend the throne after his father. Kingsley Morse said, “There are two types of people in this world - bridge builders and toll takers." Jonathan chose to be a bridge builder by not fighting David as his father did, though he was supposed to be the next king. He allowed the will of God to prevail; and that made him a bridge builder and a friend indeed.

The kingdom of God requires sacrifice and patience for the work of God to prosper. As a believer, you need to make sacrifice and even overlook legitimate rights at times for the sake of the furtherance of the gospel of Christ. If you are indeed a friend of Jesus, you have to make sacrifice for His name sake. Do not be jealous of your friend's progress but support him or her so that God can also answer your prayers.

Quote: "Be a bridge builder."

Chɑllenge: "Love Christ more than anyone else"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to make sacrifice for your kingdom's sake."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:06pm On Oct 30, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2020

Living A Lie
TEXT: Matthew 23:25-28

"Knowest thou not this of old, since man was placed upon earth, That the triumphing of the wicked is short, and the joy of the hypocrite but for a moment?" (Job 20:4-5).

An adage says, “Many a man get to the top of a ladder and finds out that it has been leaning against the wrong wall." This is true of a hypocrite who may attain great success in the sight of men who do not know his or her secret. Hypocrites in the church may make people think they are righteous because of their seeming commitment to the things of God. They are like Amaziah who did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, but not with a perfect heart (2 Chronicles 25:2). Youths who climb the wrong ladder to attain fake success in life may be happy today, but will regret all through eternity if they fail to repent and make necessary amendments.

God promises His children good success and not dubious and satanic success. Those who become wealthy through stealing, kidnapping, internet fraud and trickery, are fake. They may give big offerings and tithes in the church, yet they are fake. Are you living a lie? Are you climbing the ladder that is leaning on the wrong wall?

Quote: "Are you living a lie?"

Chɑllenge: "Depend on God's promises for you"

Prɑyer: "God, help me to overcome hypocrisy."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:03pm On Nov 02, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2020

Exhortation On Eternity
TEXT: John 3:14-18

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

Charles Spurgeon, a spiritual icon, said, "Nothing can damn a man but his own righteousness; nothing can save him but the righteousness of Christ." Salvation in Christ is the divine permit into a blissful eternity. The righteousness of man is but dirty and unprofitable in the sight of God. Nevertheless, to retain the righteousness of Christ requires endurance because the devil fights continually to make believers lose the precious gift of salvation. You need to press on, maintaining your righteousness, in order to make heaven. As a believer, so many things will challenge your faith so as to make you stumble.

Temptations, trials and persecutions from friends, family members, and the society at large, are all there to make you slip if you are careless or not watchful. However, Joseph triumphed. So did Ruth. You too can. So, pray for God's keeping grace, and avoid ungodly associations that can damn your soul. Stand for Christ where ever you find yourself. A crown of righteousness awaits you if you fight valiantly to the end.

Quote: "You need to press on"

Chɑllenge: "Watch and pray"

Prɑyer: "Oh God, help me to stand till the end."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:12am On Nov 03, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2020

A Slave To Sin
TEXT: Romans 6:12-17

"Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?" (Romans 6:16).

According to the physician and radio Bible teacher, Dr. Martin R. De Haan (1891-1965), "Sin is like the tse-tse-fly, spreading disease that creates spiritual sleep." This is a profound truth about sin and its consequences on man. Sin creates spiritual blindness and shuts man out of God's favour. Any slave to sin can be bought and set free today with the blood of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. Slavery to sin without deliberate effort by the sinner to be saved makes sin, in the words of Oswald Chambers, "a monarch ruling on the outside, demanding obedience on the inside." If you are a slave to sin, repent and invite Christ into your heart for full salvation.

After accepting Christ, you must make efforts to break totally from sinful materials and practices. Maintain a clear distance from tempters and temptresses so that they do not lead you back to sin. Charles Spurgeon asked a pertinent question: "s sin so luscious that you will burn in hell forever for it?" This heart searching question is for all sinners.

Quote: "Sin creates spiritual blindness"

Chɑllenge: "Break away from the slavery of sin"

Prɑyer: "My God, help me to overcome sin."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:32pm On Nov 03, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2020

Sensible Silence
TEXT: James 3:1-10

"Therefore the prudent shall keep silence in that time; for it is an evil time" (Amos 5:13).

One of America's most respected labour newspapers, 'St. Louis Labour Tribune' admonished in a publication, “When in deep water, it's a good idea to keep your mouth shut." Indeed if you do not, you will drink and drown. The lesson to be taken from this illustration is that, during the time you are facing challenges in life, do not be hasty to talk. It is a time to meditate on the word of God so as to get inspiration or illumination from Him on the way forward. There is power in quietness; and you can use it to overcome the enemy. Samson failed to be silent before Delilah and paid dearly for it.

Youths who are noisy and talkative often get themselves into trouble. Learn to keep calm so that you do not regret because of careless statements made in time of provocation. Ask the Lord to watch over your thoughts and tongue at such a time. Remember, God is aware of everything and will surely help at such a time if you are obedient to Him.

Quote: "There is power in quietness"

Chɑllenge: "Be calm in time of challenges"

Prɑyer: "Lord, watch over my tongue, in Jesus' name."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:49pm On Nov 06, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2020

Doubting God Is Dangerous
TEXT: Psalm 78:13-22

"Yea, they spake against God; they said, Can God furnish a table in the wilderness? Behold, he smote the rock, that the waters gushed out, and the streams overflowed; can he give bread also? can he provide flesh for his people" (Psalm 78:19-20).

Children are wonderful creatures of God; and we can always learn valuable lessons from them - they have absolute confidence in their parents. They believe their parents can do all things. No wonder, when anyone threatens them, they would confidently tell the person that they would report the matter to their parents. They believe their parents are capable of handling every situation. Believers in Christ should learn from the simple faith children exhibit towards their parents and apply same to their relationship with God. God's promises are sure and settled in Heaven. Doubt or unbelief is a sin before God and can hinder answers to prayers.

A great future which is higher than your needless doubt, fear, sense of insecurity and anxiety, awaits you. Deal with the monster called doubt by spending time to read the word of God and meditating on it. By so doing, faith will rise from within you and manifest itself outwardly. Remember, God has not given you the Spirit of fear. God will answer your prayers if you trust His ability to do so.

Quote: "God has not given you the spirit of fear"

Chɑllenge: "You are more than a conqueror"

Prɑyer: "My Father, give me grace to deal with my doubts."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:49pm On Nov 06, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2020

Kill Dream Killer
TEXT: 1 Samuel 17:25-32

"And David said, what have I now done? Is there not a cause? And he turned from him toward another and spake after the same manner: and the people answered him again after the former manner" (1 Samuel 17:29-30).

There are many dream killers. They include: fear, criticisms, ignorance, laziness, procrastination and lack of zeal. Whoever wants to fulfil his dreams must overcome these and other dream killers. Someone said, “If your dreams are big, people will mock you for them. Forget those people, they will not help you succeed." This is very true. Henry Ford was criticized for attempting commercial production of the Ford car and so were the Wright Brothers, Orville and Wilbur, when they planned the test flight of their aeroplane invention. David, in our text discovered that Goliath had threatened to destroy Israel and he came to fight for the nation, but dream killers called him names to discourage him, but he triumphed. "Don't let anyone steal your dream," said Dexter Yager.

Identify your dream killers and avoid them. Those friends of yours who do not encourage you to read or serve Jesus are dream killers. Your capacity to achieve your dream depends on your thinking, intelligent planning, diligence, honest purpose and prayers. Take little steps daily in the direction of your dream. You will get there and God will be glorified.

Quote: "Identify your dream killers"

Chɑllenge: "Chase away your dream killers"

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord, to overcome my dream killers."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:55pm On Nov 07, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2020

Don't Stop Learning
TEXT: Proverbs 2:1-6

"Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God" (Proverbs 2:3, 5).

Imagine a world without computer, internet, radio, television and so on. Technology has made the world to become a small village. Some people laboured to make the world what it is now. People like Thomas Edison, Michael Faraday, Bill Gates, Mack Zuckerberg and many others, have left their footprints on the sands of time, and have put themselves on the good side of history in terms of inventions and technological advancement. The world is continually in need of people who can make it a better place. Jiddu Krishnamurti submitted that, “There is no end to education… The whole life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning."

Christian youth should maintain a balance of secular and spiritual education because God says; "my people perish for lack of knowledge." Study your Bible with keen interest to know the truth which can set you free. Apostle Paul advises, “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15).

Quote: "There is no end to education"

Chɑllenge: "Make the world a better place"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to study in order to learn."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:53pm On Nov 08, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2020

Tomorrow Begins Today
TEXT: Luke 14:28-32

"And Joshua said unto the people, Sanctify yourselves: for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders among you" (Joshua 3:5).

H. Jackson Brown stated that, "The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today." Charles Kettering supported the position of Jackson Brown by adding that "You can't have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about yesterday all the time." Proper planning is a key element of life. We are serving an organised God; and we need to be like Him. Joshua in our study knew the importance of sanctification in preparation of believers before approaching God.

Believers who are expecting God's visitation must note that God cannot visit those that are not prepared for Him in holiness. Those living in sin and do not do self-examination to prepare their hearts may attend Christian conventions or seminars but will return home the same way they went. Beloved, God is about to pour out showers of blessing into your life, but you need to prepare for it. Tomorrow holds a lot for you, but you need to begin to prepare today. Delay is dangerous. Devote your time to your studies and avoid things that will harm your tomorrow. Your tomorrow starts today.

Quote: "Delay is dangerous"

Chɑllenge: "Plan for tomorrow today"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to have a rewarding tomorrow."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:35pm On Nov 08, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2020

Partnership Purpose
TEXT: 2 Samuel 10:8-14

"And he said, If the Syrians be too strong for me, then thou shalt help me: but if the children of Ammon be too strong for thee, then I will come and help thee" (2 Samuel 10:11).

To emphasise the importance of partnership, John O. Brenna said this about America under the leadership of Barack Obama: "Since taking office, President Obama has worked to restore a positive vision of American leadership in the world - leadership defined not by threats and dangers that we will oppose, but by the security, opportunity and dignity that America advances in partnership with people around the world." An adage says, "A tree cannot make a forest." A forest is made of many trees.

You need to partner first with God, who knows the end from the beginning, to direct your steps. Sinners are not partners of God because two people cannot walk together except they are in agreement. Apart from divine partnership, you need to partner with other believers who believe the totality of the Word of God to achieve Kingdom's goals. You also need to have regular fellowship where God will prepare you for Heaven. Purposeful partnership with colleagues in the office or school is equally crucial for exchange of valuable ideas. However, be careful of partnership that would promote sin.

Quote: "A tree cannot make a forest"

Chɑllenge: "Make Jesus your partner"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to choose partners that will help me."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49pm On Nov 08, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2020

Twenty Four Hours Only
TEXT: Psalm 90:4-12

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom" (Psalm 90:12).

John Keats a renowned English poet, talked about the transitory nature of our lives here on earth in his poem titled Ode on a Grecian Urn in this line: "When old age shall this generation waste…" Though Keats died young at the age of 25 years, he was one of the greatest English poets. Life is but a short period of time. With this reality, we need to make every moment of our lives count. Apostle James cautions us by reminding us in his epistle that life is like vapour which appears for a short time and then vanishes away.

Those who postpone their salvation on the ground that they are still young should wake up and face the reality of shortness of life. Are you a child of God or are you still procrastinating? Give your life to Christ now and do exploits for His kingdom. The Bible admonishes, “Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them" (Ecclesiastes 12:1).

Quote: "Face the reality of shortness of life"

Chɑllenge: "Don't waste time"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to overcome procrastination."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:44am On Nov 09, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2020

Choosing A Career
TEXT: Genesis 47:1-6

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps" (Jeremiah10:23).

Plato, a great philosopher of all time, said on career: "No two persons are born exactly alike, but each differs from the other in natural endowment: one being suited for one occupation and the other for another. All things will be produced with superior quantity and quality and with greater ease, when each man works at a single occupation in accordance with his natural talents." Your career should align with your personality traits for you to be fulfilled. In choosing a career you must consider interest and ability.

Your parents are key players too in your career decision. You must carry them along, though they should not impose a career on you. If you are confused about choosing a career, see a trained Guidance counsellor for advice. Your pastor can also help you as a spiritual father and pray along with you. Above all, commit your ways to the Lord, and He will guide you. "Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than the one with all the facts," advised H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Quote: "Commit your ways to the Lord"

Chɑllenge: "Work hard to achieve your dreams"

Prɑyer: "Lord, choose a career for me."

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — The Vine And The Branches by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:12am On Nov 09, 2020
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2020

Costly Mocking
TEXT: 2 Kings 2:23-25

"And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head" (2 Kings 2:23).

The observation of Billy Graham is akin to our study today. Listen to his comments: "A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for any one." Mocking is an act of belittling people. God created man in His own image, and would not accept that we mock His perfect creation in man. The children in our text, mocked a highly respected man of God, Elisha and they paid dearly for it. They have the rest of the story to tell in hell. Many youths nowadays neglect moral code and tend to embrace waywardness and disobedience.

Christian youths are different types of youths, and should not be caught in the web of the high rank moral decadence that has permeated our society. Those who mock their teachers, principals and so on should repent and be converted to avoid the fate of the children in our text. You still have the opportunity to mend your ways, if you are a mocking sinner. God will have mercy on you, if you turn to Him in genuine repentance.

Quote: "Christian youths are different"

Chɑllenge: "Don't be a mocking youth"

Prɑyer: "O God, make me a respectful youth."

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.