Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,860 members, 7,956,241 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:21 AM

Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs - Religion (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs (1533654 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (117) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:28am On Sep 07, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 7, 2019

Sound Wisdom
TEXT: Proverbs 2:1-10

"He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly" (Proverbs 2:7).

Wisdom is the right application of knowledge at every given time. It means to be apt, lucid and prudent. Wisdom is the direct opposite of foolishness and naivety. Those who have Bible knowledge but do not put it into practice are blind and foolish. The Christian who does not apply wisdom in whatever he or she does will have challenges when faced with issues of life. Apostle James advises those who lack wisdom to pray for it. His words: "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive anything of the Lord" (James 1:5-7).

Wisdom is the main thing to move the Christian youth forward. No wonder the author of the book of proverbs, King Solomon, a man of wisdom, personified wisdom as "sister." Make wisdom your buckler.

Chɑllenge: "Make wisdom your guide."

Prɑyer: "Give me wisdom from above, oh my God."

Quote: "Make wisdom your buckler."

Further Reɑding: Proverbs 3:13-23

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:01pm On Sep 08, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 8, 2019

PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING
TEXT: Philippians 4:1-7

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God" (Philippians 4:6).

It was Henry Van Dyke who rightly said, "Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse." Praise and thanksgiving are products of our gratitude to God for all He has given us.

From our text, we observe that to take our challenges to God in prayers instead of complaining or murmuring. The energy you waste complaining about your teachers, parents and others can be channelled towards prayers speedily. Spend time studying the word of God and see how others like Jehoshaphat, and Paul and Silas turned their negative situations around through fervent prayers and praises. Remember we are to pray without ceasing so that we can overcome battles of life. The children of Israel resorted to complaining and murmuring against Moses and God, and their end was calamitous. Many died in the wilderness. Have a grateful heart.

Chɑllenge: "Learn to show gratitude."

Prɑyer: "Help me O God, never to forget to praise and thank you."

Quote: "Have a grateful heart."

Further Reɑding: Psalm 103:1-5

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by brocab: 1:56am On Sep 09, 2019
Is this your Church?
OLAADEGBU:
STAND FOR TRUTH
Sunday Worship Service September 01, 2019 Youth Choir Ministration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaNR0Uene5c
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:31am On Sep 09, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 9, 2019

Speak With Grace
TEXT: Colossians 4:1-6

"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man" (Colossians 4:6).

The manner we talk to people matters a lot. Speech is one of the key elements in our interpersonal relationship. If we are going to maintain healthy relationships in the family, church, school or any other place, our communication and social skills must be refined and worthy of Christ's honour. In the words of a minister, "A Christian reveals true humility by showing the gentleness of Christ, by being always ready to help others, by speaking kind words and performing unselfish acts, which elevate and enable the most sacred message that has come to our world."

Christian youths should speak the word of grace to people so that they can be converted. We need to preach the word of God at all times but we have to choose our words carefully to avoid the negative impressions on the part of our hearers. You are not expected to be rude to your parents, teachers and your peers. You are to be an example of the believers in words and conversation. May your words lift up Jesus so that He can draw all men to Himself.

Chɑllenge: "Christian youths should speak the word of grace to people."

Prɑyer: "Help me, Almighty Father, to speak ill of nobody, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Speak the right words."

Further Reɑding: 1 Chronicles 10:6-7

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:52pm On Sep 09, 2019
brocab:

Is this your Church?

Your guess is as good as mine. wink
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:24pm On Sep 09, 2019
TURNED AWAY
Sunday Worship Service September 08, 2019 Youth Choir Ministration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzyetakr_DY
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by brocab: 4:09am On Sep 10, 2019
Well is it? And which one is you?
OLAADEGBU:

Your guess is as good as mine. wink
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:40am On Sep 10, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 10, 2019

Heroes Of Faith
TEXT: Hebrews 11:32-40

"And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets" (Hebrews 11:32).

Heroes of faith are unusual people who demonstrated commitment and doggedness amidst life threatening trials of their faith. They are God's generals whose faith we must follow because of the inspiration we derive from them.

Billy Graham says: "The greatest legacy one can pass on to one's children and grandchildren is not money or material things accumulated in one's life, but rather a legacy of character and faith." The heroes of faith have indeed left behind a lot of legacies. God worked through them to provide positive examples for us that are believers today. David, Samson, Samuel, etc. Have finished their own races and God is looking at you as the next hero of faith. You can be a giant of faith if you give your life to Christ and continue steadfastly in His will. God can use anyone that is willing. Accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, so that He can make you a hero of faith.

Chɑllenge: "You can be a hero of faith."

Prɑyer: "God, make me one of your heroes of faith."

Quote: "God can use anyone that is willing."

Further Reɑding: Hebrews 11:32-35

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:27am On Sep 11, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2019

The Better Bread
TEXT: John 6:25-35

"For the bread of God is He which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world" (John 6:33).

Many people followed Jesus because of physical bread. They failed to realize that there is a better Bread. Unfortunately the story has not changed even today. People are more concerned about material blessings than the eternal life which the better Bread can offer to humanity. Ignatius of Antioch submits as follows: "I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the Bread of God, which is the Flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David, and for drink I desire His Blood, which is love incorruptible."

True disciples of Christ desire the bread of life more than the physical bread which cannot give them eternal life. Jesus said we should seek first the Kingdom of God, and every other thing will be given to us at the appropriate time. The Bread of life is Jesus Christ, our Saviour. He is the image of the invisible God. Believe in Jesus to be saved today, and you will be fed with the Bread of heaven.

Chɑllenge: "Bread of heaven gives eternal life."

Prɑyer: "Ever more give us this bread, O God!"

Quote: "True disciples of Christ desire the bread of life."

Further Reɑding: Matthew 6:33

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:13am On Sep 11, 2019
brocab:

Well is it? And which one is you?

Why does it matter to you? Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus. Are you ready for the judgment day? undecided
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by brocab: 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2019
You make it sound like it's a problem if I don't turn my eye's upon Jesus-are we not of the same body-do we not worship the same Jesus? Or do you have another undecided
Asking' which one are you' didn't seem like it was a hash question, you can hide the truth from me' but you can't hide from God-he knows your true identity, I wasn't trying to offend you, I was just interested if you had anything to do with this Church, "or do we now call it 'the secret society, since you keep everything about you a secret..
If you are worried about Judgement day-don't be-because our Judgement had already began-believe it all not-we are all tested everyday...
{Matthew 6:34} Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself..
OLAADEGBU:

Why does it matter to you? Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus. Are you ready for the judgment day? undecided
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 12, 2019

Doers Are Justified
TEXT: Romans 2:11-16

"For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified" (Romans 2:13).

The word of God gives spiritual strength to those who hear and also do it. Those who hear and refuse to do are like the proverbial man who lives near a river yet washes his hands with his spittle instead of water - What a shame! Those who hide in the church and pretend to be genuine Christians will be disappointed too as they cannot be justified. The church may not know them but God does. John Milton says in his book, Paradise Lost as follows: "For neither man nor angel can discern hypocrisy, the only evil that walks invisible, except to God alone."

Are you a hypocrite in the church and think nobody can detect you? God knows the heart of all and will judge everybody in due time. God expects sinners and backsliders to repent and be reconciled to Him before it is too late. Your name can be in the church register but if you are not a doer of the word you will perish in hell. Repent and believe the gospel before it may be too late!

Chɑllenge: "Do the will of God and live."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to be a doer of your word!"

Quote: "Are you a hypocrite in the Church?"

Further Reɑding: James 1:22-27

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:15am On Sep 13, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 13, 2019

Youth And Corporate Prayer
TEXT: Daniel 2:14-23

"Then Daniel went to his house, and made the thing known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions: That they would desire mercies of the God of heaven concerning this secret..." (Daniel 2:17-18).

Youths are potent tools in any living Church. They are strong and vibrant. Daniel and his brethren in our text were in a foreign land at this time, yet that didn't hinder them from serving the God of Israel. Youths are to be fully involved in corporate prayers so that together they can pull the devil's kingdom down. Youths can be involved in corporate intercessory prayers to turn away the wrath of God from their countries and bring salvation through prayers to the people.

Selwyn Hughes says: "Intersection cuts into our time, makes demands upon our energy, taxes our patience, and forces us to arrange our priorities. A deep concern for others is the main motivation of those who are willing to become intercessors." Youth can organise corporate prayers in their school fellowship where they can intercede for others. Before you can be suitable for corporate prayers you must be born again. Sinners in a fellowship can hinder the prayers of others just as Achan hindered the progress of the children of Israel until the problem was dealt with (Joshua 7:19-26).

Chɑllenge: "Be a part of corporate prayer team."

Prɑyer: "Oh God, give me the grace to engage in corporate prayers."

Quote: "Youths are potent tools in any living Church"

Further Reɑding: Acts 2:1-5

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:50pm On Sep 14, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 14, 2019

Break The Yoke
TEXT: Isaiah 10:20-27

"And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing" (Isaiah 10:27).

Abraham Lincoln says: "It is not my nature, when I see a people borne down by the weight of their shackles - the oppression of tyranny - to make their life more bitter by heaping upon them greater burdens; but rather would I do all in my power to raise the yoke than to add anything that would tend to crush them." If a human being will be willing to break the yoke off his people's necks, then we can be rest assured that God is more than ready to take the yoke off our necks. It is the joy of every father to see his children healthy and happy.

The anointing that comes from the throne room of the Almighty God breaks yokes and lifts burdens off his people. Whatever is your challenge, believe in God and the rest shall be testimony shortly. God's anointing only works for those who are blood-washed and are on the narrow way. Are you a child of God? If not settle with Him and enjoy His anointing power.

Chɑllenge: "God will break that yoke."

Prɑyer: "Oh God, break Satanic yokes in my life in Jesus' name."

Quote: "God breaks yokes and lifts burdens"

Further Reɑding: Luke 10:17-19

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12pm On Sep 14, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 15, 2019

Confess Your Faults
TEXT: Judges 17:1-5

"And he said unto his mother, The eleven hundred shekels of silver that were taken from thee, about which thou cursedst, and spakest of also in mine ears, behold, the silver is with me; I took it. And his mother said, Blessed be thou of the Lord , my son" (Judges 17:2).

Accepting responsibility for wrongs done is usually a herculean task for the unsaved. Man naturally would like to cover it up because he wants to protect himself from shame. The young man in our text broke that jinx by opening up to his mother concerning what he stole. He confessed his sins to the mother, and the mother blessed him in return. This is a great lesson for those who are afraid of making restitutions because of shame or punishment. When we are on the path of obedience, God protects and preserves us from danger.

Are there people you have offended, cheated or defrauded? You need to go back to them to make your ways right with them in order to a have a conscience void of offence towards God and men. So called Christians who refuse to make restitutions will go about with defiled consciences that cannot approach God. If your heart condemns you remember that God is greater than your heart. Confess your faults today to those you have offended. God will give you peace and joy as a result.

Chɑllenge: "Are there people you have offended, cheated or defrauded?"

Prɑyer: "Grant me grace to clean up my ways, oh Lord."

Quote: "A clear conscience makes you fit for heaven"

Further Reɑding: James 5:16-20

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:13am On Sep 15, 2019
I WISH WE' D ALL BEEN READY
Sunday Worship Service September 08, 2019 Campus Choir Ministration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMDNV5GugHo
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by brocab: 10:58pm On Sep 15, 2019
Just wondering is there any white people in your Church?
OLAADEGBU:
I WISH WE' D ALL BEEN READY
Sunday Worship Service September 08, 2019 Campus Choir Ministration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMDNV5GugHo
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:39am On Sep 16, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 16, 2019

The Spirit In You
TEXT: Luke 9:51-56

"But He turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit you are of." (Luke 9:55).

The disciples of Christ had desired to call down fire from heaven to destroy some Samaritans who did not receive Christ. Jesus told them that they didn't know the type of Spirit controlling them. The Holy Spirit does not lead believers to destroy lives but to save them. Modern Christians who always pray that their enemies should die should think on the words of Christ and allow those words to control them. Oswald J. Smith reminds us that: "Satan can use carnal Christians. The only real trouble in any church comes from uncircumcised flesh. The spiritual is God's goal for every child of His." We need to be careful so that the devil will not take hold of us and use us against God's plan.

The Spirit in the believer is not a retaliatory Spirit, but of love and compassion towards others. The Spirit moves a believer to preach the gospel to sinners in order to win them for Christ. Youths who claim being born again but cannot forgive their enemies as Christ commanded need to repent and pray for sanctification.

Chɑllenge: "The Spirit in the believer is not a retaliatory Spirit but of love and compassion."

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me love for my enemies."

Quote: "Have compassion on your enemies"

Further Reɑding: Romans 12:17-21

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:23pm On Sep 17, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 17, 2019

DEFILE NOT YOURSELF
TEXT: Ezekiel 20:1-13

"Then said I unto them, Cast ye away every man the abominations of his eyes, and defile not yourselves with the idols of Egypt: I am the LORD your God." (Ezekiel 20:7).

God is a jealous God and cannot accept any rivalry or affinity with any god. The Bible warns believers in many places against defilement with idolatrous worship. Some worship centres today have become idol shrines as so many things that are unbiblical have replaced the true gospel. Any form of unholy worship will attract God's punishment. "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I receive you" (2 Corinthians 6:17).

You have to be watchful and selective of the place where you worship so that you don't fall into the trap of the wicked one. Do not defile yourself through false worship. Many have been led astray because of quest for power, miracles and prosperity. Stay in a church where the truth and true worship can be seen clearly. Some also defile their bodies with fornication, adultery, tattoos and worldly dressing. Sin defiles and destroys. God will keep you from falling if you are obedient to His word. Above all, ensure you are born again and are right with God.

Chɑllenge: "Unholy worship will attract God's punishment."

Prɑyer: "Keep me from defilement, my Lord and my God."

Quote: "Defilement destroys"

Further Reɑding: 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:07am On Sep 18, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 18, 2019

ESCAPE THE SECOND DEATH
TEXT: Revelation 20:1-15

"Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years." (Revelation 20:6).

The second death will come upon all sinners after the final righteous judgement of God. David Yonggi Cho reminds us that "The fall of man brought death upon himself and enslavement by sickness, the instrument of death." Sin exposes man to the wrath of God. Paul says the wages of sin is death. There is hope of escape from this second death for those who run to Jesus "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his blood" (Revelation 1:5). Those who have repented and have been washed in the precious blood of Christ and remain saved till the end will escape this second death.

God has demonstrated His saving power many times. He saved Lot and his family, Rehab, and also Noah and his family. Come to Jesus for the cleansing power that will make you escape the second death. The second death is not for the righteous but for unrepentant sinners.

Chɑllenge: "Escape the second death through salvation in Christ."

Prɑyer: "Save my soul from the lake of fire, O God!"

Quote: "The second death is not for the righteous"

Further Reɑding: Roman 3:20-25

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:57am On Sep 19, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 19, 2019

Subtle Destroyer
TEXT: James 1:13-21

"Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death." (James 1:15).

Sin is a destroyer of people. Ahab's disobedience brought upon him and his house death. God had spoken through Prophet Elijah that Ahab's house would be wiped out because of his sins. "So Jehu slew all that remained of the house of Ahab in Jezreel, and all his great men, and his kinsfolks, and his priests, until he left him none remaining" (2 Kings 10:11). Do not allow sin a place in your life because it will gradually destroy you.

Apostle Paul says, "Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace" (Romans 6:12-14). You need to live a sober life in this world to avoid falling into subtle traps of the devil.

Chɑllenge: "You can overcome sin, the subtle destroyer."

Prɑyer: "Lord, keep me from falling."

Quote: "Do not allow sin a place in your life"

Further Reɑding: Romans 6:1-7

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by brocab: 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 16, 2019
The Spirit in the believer is not a retaliatory Spirit, but of love and compassion towards others. The Spirit moves a believer to preach the gospel to sinners in order to win them for Christ. Youths who claim being born again but cannot forgive their enemies as Christ commanded need to repent and pray for sanctification.
If the spirit of the Lord moves us with passion to preach the gospel, then we wouldn't have any room for anything unforgivable to enter into our hearts against another!!
If the Church was preaching the truth in the first place then the youth wouldn't have this problem, instead the Lord would be changing them inside out.
We all fall sort of this same problem-Paul said: his flesh wars against the Spirit, vise a versa, we war against the principalities in this world, we would be fools to think the youth are the only ones having all the fun!
Plus there's no greater sin or lessor sin, sin is sin-all sin separates us from God, and if we were to look into the youth's unforgiving sin only, then we are not dealing with our own..
Which means we are playing the blame game, just like the world expects us to play it.
{2 Thessalonians 3:6, 3:14} ''but if your brother keeps on sinning walk away from him and do not keep company with him, so maybe he may learn by it. "But still see him as a brother.
""Jesus said: if your brother ask's for forgiveness, forgive him-, Repentance is our daily re-souses, everyone of us should be asking God everyday for forgiveness.
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:27am On Sep 20, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 20, 2019

Follow Me
TEXT: Matthew 4:18-22

"And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother... And saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matthew 4:18a,19).

Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world; and because of His saving power He expects all men in the whole world to follow Him to experience true worship. We are to follow the example of Christ in all we do. He is the Shepherd and we are His sheep. Entire consecration is the only way. David Livingstone says: "God send me anywhere, only go with me. Lay any burden on me, only sustain me. And sever any tie in my heart except the tie that binds my heart to you." When we consecrate our lives to God we will do His will without complaining. Our lives and all that we have belong to Jesus. Paul admonished his co-workers to follow him in the same way he was following Christ.

As a Christian youth, begin to follow Christ now. "Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them" (Ecclesiastes 12:1). Do not delay your decision to follow Christ because tomorrow may be too late.

Chɑllenge: "We are to follow the example of Christ in all we do."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to follow you."

Quote: "Follow the Master"

Further Reɑding: John 10:1-10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 21, 2019

A Little Leaven
TEXT: Galatians 5:1-15

"A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump." (Galatians 5:9).

On 2nd October, 1996, an aircraft Boeing 757 Aeroperu 603 crashed off the Peruvian coast. After the wreckage was recovered, it was discovered that an adhesive tape which was accidentally left in a particular part of the airplane was responsible for the mishap. This insignificant strip of tape brought down a modern jet airliner resulting in a loss of 70 lives!

Though the scorpion is little, yet it can sting a lion, and that can lead to the death of that lion. The least sin, covered up and not forgiven by the Lord Jesus will lead to eternal damnation. A spark is the beginning of a flame. If unchecked, it could consume an entire estate. Little termites can pull down a mighty building, so do little indulgences destroy a giant of faith. Do you overlook some sins in your life and think they are little sins? A little lying, cheating, lust, stealing and so on will damn your soul. A little sin may bar the door of heaven against you and open for you the gate of hell. Don't underrate any sin.

Chɑllenge: "Christian youths must have zero tolerance for sin."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to watch against incursion of any sin into my life."

Quote: "Don't underrate any sin"

Further Reɑding: James 3:6

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:39am On Sep 22, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 22, 2019

Elijah's Prayer
TEXT: James 5:13-18

"Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months." (James 5:17).

"Catch fire with enthusiasm and people will come from miles to watch you burn," says, John Wesley. Elijah was an epitome of how God answers prayers instantaneously. His life shows us the efficacy of prayer. Elijah was a man subject to like passions as we are with no special advantage as a prophet, neither was he a super human. He was a human being with the same natural propensities and frailties as other men. Therefore, his case is one which could encourage all of us to pray.

His goal primarily was God's glory. He was not showy but humble. Whether in private or public, we must not pray to attract attention of people to ourselves. He demonstrated absolute faith in God. We have an awesome power at our disposal to decree a thing and it shall be established if it is to promote the glory of God. His prayer was in accordance to the will of God, and it brought revival and restoration of true worship back to Israel. The goal of your prayer should be to touch lives, and to cause revival in the land like Elijah. God still answers prayers of faith instantaneously today.

Chɑllenge: "God is no respecter of any person. Ask and ye shall receive."

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me the passion for prayer."

Quote: "God still answers prayer"

Further Reɑding: Psalm 65:1,2

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:37pm On Sep 22, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 23, 2019

Lazarus Resurrects
TEXT: John 12:12-19

"The people therefore that was with Him when He called Lazarus out if his grave, and raised him from the dead, bare record." (John 12:17).

Parts of the lyrics in the album A Taste of Grace by Karen Peck and New River read: "'Then Jesus cried Lazarus come forward' Then somebody said 'He's alright, he's alive.' You may be fighting a battle of fear. You cry to the Lord 'I need you.' But He has not appeared; Friend don't be discouraged..." this song captures vividly the fact that Jesus gives hope in hopeless situations. Four days after Lazarus had died and all hope was lost, Jesus appeared and raised him from the dead. He changed the situation and joy was restored to the people and Lazarus. Sinner boys and girls that are dead in sins and trespass can also resurrect from their sinful conditions if they come to Christ today. Come to Jesus for there is hope!

Jesus is never too late. He is keenly watching over His programme for your life. Wait patiently for Him. Do not lose hope. The challenges you are facing in the area of admission, healing, provision, or whatever will soon become testimonies according to His divine plan. He will make everything beautiful for you in His time.

Chɑllenge: "No case is beyond redemption with Jesus."

Prɑyer: "Lord, I believe you are on the throne for me."

Quote: "Do not lose hope"

Further Reɑding: Romans 5:5

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:11pm On Sep 23, 2019
CHANGE ME ON THE INSIDE
Sunday Sep, 22 Youth Choir Ministration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D5dIKMH-2U
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:07am On Sep 24, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 24, 2019

Noah Prepares The Ark
TEXT: GENESIS 6:13-22

"Thus did Noah; according to all that God had commanded him, so did he." (Genesis 6:22).

God told Noah to build an ark because He would soon destroy the world. Noah believed God's word and prepared the ark. His obedience of faith was great. He did everything exactly according to the instructions given unto him by God. Having begun to build, he did not give up till he finished. Unfortunately, people derided Noah and refused all his entreaties to make them prepare to enter the ark.

The ark was the only means of escape from the deluge. Jesus is the only means of salvation. There is no salvation in any other because there is none other name given under heaven whereby we must be saved. Jesus is the ONLY ark of salvation for the world today. Enter the ark now that you have the opportunity and escape the wrath of God before the door is closed. Neglect is enough to ruin a man. Anyone who rejects Christ is condemned already. Christ is calling today. Salvation is available to everyone today. Get into Christ, the Ark of salvation so that you can escape the judgement ahead.

Chɑllenge: "Repent and receive Jesus today, tomorrow may be too late."

Prɑyer: "Lord, keep me safe and secure in the ark of salvation."

Quote: "Neglect is enough to ruin a man"

Further Reɑding: Luke 17:26, 27

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:41am On Sep 25, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 25, 2019

Recovering The Lost Axe
TEXT: 2 Kings 6:1-7

"But as one was felling a beam, the axe head fell into the water: and he cried, and said, Alas, master! for it was borrowed." (2 Kings 6:5).

The attitude of the son of the prophet is noteworthy. When he lost the axe head, he cried out to the man of God for help. We should not resort to ungodly practices of the unbelievers while searching for our lost materials. We should seek counsel or help from spiritual leaders in the Church. In addition, believers should learn how to carefully handle materials that are borrowed from other people and ensure that they are returned in good condition. If damaged, they should be repaired and brought back to their original conditions, and things should be explained to the owner when such materials are returned.

Perhaps you have lost something precious at one time or another. The value placed on such item will determine the effort we put into searching for it. When that item holds much value; it tends to hurt a little more when it is lost; but the journey of recovering it is sweet. Have you lost any of your spiritual experiences or Christian virtues? Seek God in earnest prayer. You must not relent until you recover everything.

Chɑllenge: "Make efforts to recover lost virtues."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to recover my first love for you."

Quote: "Seek God in earnest prayer"

Further Reɑding: Luke 15:8-10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:18am On Sep 26, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 26, 2019

Take Away Little Foxes
TEXT: Song Of Solomon 2:10-17

"Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes." (Song Of Solomon 2:15).

Foxes are small animals that are dog-like in appearance. Foxes are smart, secretive creatures. Though they are little, they do great mischief. The majority of fox damage occurs when they are searching for food in the garden, farm, barn or poultry house. They pilfer garden fruits, trample upon flowers and vegetation. Foxes are predators of poultry and other livestock. They steal poultry eggs. Foxes spoil the vines, especially when the vines have tender grapes. The farmers have the responsibility to take away the foxes before they do their damage.

Believers are as vines. The little foxes of corruptions, sinful appetites and believers passions that destroy the grace of God in a believer's life must be taken away. Anything that indulges the flesh and defiles the conscience must be dealt with at first instance before it takes root in the heart. False teaching and schism in the church represent little foxes. Whatever will not make for peace, progress and unity are little foxes. Anything that hinders our usefulness, growth into maturity and Christian perfection constitutes little foxes. They must be taken away as soon as possible.

Chɑllenge: "Don't underrate the effect of little foxes."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to conquer the little foxes in my life."

Quote: "They pilfer garden fruits"

Further Reɑding: Luke 13:32

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:54am On Sep 27, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 27, 2018

The Comforter
TEXT: John 14:12-26

"And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever." (John 14:16).

One of the offices of the Holy Spirit is to minister comfort to saints. Sometimes, in time of trouble, we mortal men are prone to forget all that we have heard and read. The Holy Spirit brings them into our remembrance. He is a Comforter, bringing to mind useful things and at such times we need them most.

He knows the password of the doors of our hearts. It is in our dark moments that the Holy Spirit calls us, whispers to us and guides us to the truth of Jesus Christ and the fulfillment of His promises. When we are down-trodden, weak, heavy-laden, grieving, sorrowful and about to throw in the towel, the Holy Spirit revives our faith and cheers us up the next moment. It is the Holy Spirit who protects the bruised reed from breaking, who will not let the smoldering flames go out. The Holy Spirit shows up to embrace us, and declares all the comforting words of God's great love for us.

Chɑllenge: "The Holy Spirit is ever present."

Prɑyer: "Spirit divine, abide with me."

Quote: "He knows the password of the doors"

Further Reɑding: John 16:7; 15:26

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Attitude To World Affairs by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:58am On Sep 28, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 28, 2019

The Great Tribulation
TEXT: Matthew 24:1-22

"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be." (Matthew 24:21).

The Bible teaches that the Great Tribulation will occur after the Rapture of the Church and will end at the Second Advent of Jesus Christ. It will be a time of terrible suffering on earth. During this time, the Antichrist will take possession of this world for a reign of terror. The Great Tribulation is described as something full of woes, judgement, famine, bloody wars, explosions, plagues, terror, anguish and earthquakes. No one buys or sells without the mark or number 666 of the beast. In addition, God's judgement will fall on men in divine sequence.

During this period, the children of God will not partake in the judgements and destructions. While terrors are unleashed on the earth, saints will be receiving rewards in the presence of God; rejoicing and feasting at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb in heaven. Saints will be worshipping God with angels in heaven. You need not be here to experience the Great Tribulation because this Great Tribulation is sure to happen. Genuine salvation and daily experience of holiness are imperative to partake in the rapture.

Chɑllenge: "Are you ready for the rapture?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to be raptured with the saints."

Quote: "Saints will be receiving rewards"

Further Reɑding: Daniel 12:1

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (117) (Reply)

Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.