Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels - Religion (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels (1391498 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:15pm On Sep 29, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 29, 2019

The Lost Sheep
TEXT: Matthew 10:1-16

"But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." (Matthew 10:6).

Sheep are prone to wandering and could get into trouble if care is not taken. If not sought after, they can get lost permanently. The Israelites were beloved of the Father unto whom the gospel was first preached but they rejected it. The Gentiles also had been lost sheep. Indeed every sinner is lost and cannot find his/her way back to the fold except someone looks for him/her. Believers must go and seek for sinners to bring them back to the Chief Shepherd.

Jesus Christ came to seek and save those who are lost. He sent us out with the same mission. If He is Lord of our lives, we must do as He commands. Sinners abound everywhere. Jesus preached in all places. We must preach repentance for sin and faith in the atonement of Christ far and wide. Sinners may be eternally lost if we are negligent in this all important assignment. Let us bend all efforts towards the recovery of the lost. Reach out with the gospel to sinners today. It is a task that must be done.

Chɑllenge: "If you have found the way, show it to others"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to lead the lost to You."

Quote: "It is a task that must be done"

Further Reɑding: 1 Peter 2:25

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:59pm On Oct 01, 2019
The Parable Of The Tares

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:16am On Oct 02, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2019

The Power In His Name
TEXT: Acts 4:1-12

"Be it all known unto you all, and to the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, who God raised from the dead, even by Him doth this man stand here before you whole." (Acts 4:10).

"When I was abandoned by everybody, in my greatest weakness, trembling and afraid of death, when I was persecuted by this wicked world, then I often felt most surely the divine power in this name, Jesus Christ...So, by God's grace, I will live and die for that name," says Martin Luther.

There is power in the name of Jesus. At the mention of His name every knee must bow. In that name Jesus, there is power to save from sin, deliver from fear and doubt. The name of Jesus cancels and crushes bad luck. It curbs satanic incursion, cures every disease, catapults you to a greater height and crowns with glory and honour. There is power in the name of Jesus to control everything in your favour.

The name of Jesus is above every name. All we need is the name of Jesus.

Precious name! Oh, how sweet!
Hope of earth and joy of heav'n;
Precious name! Oh, how sweet!
Hope of earth and joy of heav'n.

Chɑllenge: "Jesus gave us all power and authority through His Name"

Prɑyer: "Father, help me to always reap the benefits in the name of Jesus."

Quote: "There is power in the Name of Jesus"

Further Reɑding: Philippians 2:9-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 2, 2019

The Ten Virgins
TEXT: Matthew 25:1-3

"Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom." (Matthew 25:1).

Those who put up outward Christian appearance in the church, but are not born again will be shut out from the presence of the Lord like the five foolish virgins. There will be no second chance for those who refuse God's offer of salvation. Any person who has deliberately and persistently refused God's offer of mercy and the gospel will not gain admittance to His presence. It will be a time of bitter remorse for those who are "outside" though may not be atheists or grossly wicked people, but unconverted church members that are religious or even respected people!

Will you be outside knocking and asking for admission? Will you be ready when the Lord comes? Where will you be when the doors finally shut - inside or outside? The lukewarm, lethargic backsliders and careless youths will miss their chance of going with Jesus at His appearing. A preacher once said, "Those people who expect salvation at the eleventh hour often die at 10:30." Postponement is perilous in spiritual matters. Prepare to meet the Lord today; tomorrow may be too late.

Chɑllenge: "Trim your lamp and be ready"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I want to be ready when you come."

Quote: "Prepare to meet the Lord today"

Further Reɑding: Mark 13:33-37

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:41pm On Oct 03, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY OCTOBER 03, 2019

The Prodigal Son
TEXT: Luke 15:11-32

"And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living." (Luke 15:13).

Listen to this song: "Shattered Dreams."

"Shattered dreams, shattered dreams,
Nothing I planned has turned out right,
Shattered dreams, shattered dreams,
My life without Christ is shattered Dreams."

This song reiterates the lot of those who forsake the Lord. Dashed hope, untold sufferings, unfulfilled dreams, characterise the lives of those who wander away from the fold of Christ. For instance, having squandered the gift and grace of God, the prodigal son was deprived of the warmth of fellowship and love in the family of God. As a castaway, he had no access to the kingdom's privileges and rights. So is every backslider.

Weary wanderer, come home. The Saviour is waiting with His arms wide open to receive you. Genuine repentance and restitution will earn you His full restoration. No matter how terrible your condition is in a strange land, God will heal your backsliding and receive you graciously. If you spurn His love and reject the entreaties of the Holy Spirit you may be lost forever. Make haste, leave your sins, come and cling to the Saviour. For delay in the strange land is calamitous.

Chɑllenge: "Retrace your steps to the Father's house. There is still room for you"

Prɑyer: "Lord, uphold me to the end."

Quote: "Make haste"

Further Reɑding: Hosea 14:4

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY OCTOBER 04, 2019

The Power In His Blood
TEXT: Hebrews 10:10-23

"Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus." (Hebrews 10:19).

"Neither by the blood of goats and calves but by his own blood had he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us." No chemical has the power to wash the stains of sin from the heart. It is not our tears, but His blood; it is not your sighs but His sufferings. We would have been slaves of sin forever if not for His blood. Christ shed His blood to free us from the tyranny of sin. No chemical has the power to wash the stains of sin from the heart. Only the blood of Jesus can erase the record of sin and wash the heart from all its pollutions.

The atonement in Jesus Christ's blood is perfect; there is nothing that can be added to it. It is spotless, impeccable and flawless. Morality can keep you out of jail but only the blood of Jesus can keep you out of hell.

What can wash away my sins?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Chɑllenge: "Are you washed in the blood?"

Prɑyer: "Wash me O Lamb of God."

Quote: "Nothing but the blood of Jesus"

Further Reɑding: Revelation 1:5

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:17am On Oct 05, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY OCTOBER 05, 2019

Pursue Peace
TEXT: Psalm 34:12-22

"Depart from evil, and do good, seek peace, and pursue it." (Psalm 34:14).

The prayer and pursuit of every child of God ought to be:

"Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love,
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy."

When Jesus Christ THE PRINCE OF PEACE sits on the throne of the heart, our lives will be an embodiment of peace.

We must do our best to pursue peace and never allow it to elude us. We must necessarily search for peace as the merchant man seeks for a precious pearl. When peace shuns you, follow hard after it until you obtain it. Resolve not to be of a contentious spirit. Christian youths must be cautious not to give room to offence. If any offence is discovered, we must endeavour to put an end to it immediately. The condition of getting to heaven is to follow peace with all men without which no one shall see the Lord.

Chɑllenge: "Be a man of peace"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to follow peace with all men."

Quote: "We must necessarily search for peace"

Further Reɑding: Romans 14:19

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:02pm On Oct 06, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY OCTOBER 6, 2019

Shine As Light
TEXT: Philippians 2:12-16

"That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world." (Philippians 2:15).

A little girl was shivering along a main street in a city. Seeing the beautiful lights of a church building and hearing the music coming from within, she went in and warmed herself. The preacher's text was, "I am the light of the world." At the close of the service, she went to the minister and said, "Did you say you are the light of the world, sir?" The minister replied, "No, dear child. Christ is the Light of the world, and I am one of the lights." The little girl looked at him for a moment, and then solemnly said, "Well, sir, I wish you would come down and hang out in our alley, because it's awful darkness down there!"

The world is in darkness. It takes light to dispel darkness. Christ, the Light of the world, must shine in us and through us so that no darkness of sin, error or evil will remain in our vicinity. The sun breaks forth in the morning and radiates its light to dispel the darkness of night. Shine the gospel light everywhere.

Chɑllenge: "Project the gospel light"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I want to shine brighter and brighter."

Quote: "Shine the gospel light"

Further Reɑding: Matthew 5:14-16

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:16am On Oct 07, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY OCTOBER 7, 2019

Stand Out
TEXT: Numbers 13:26-33

"And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are all able to overcome it." (Numbers 13:30).

The story was told that one Sunday morning during service, a 2,000-member congregation was surprised to see two men enter, both covered from head to toe in black and carrying sub-machine guns. One of the men proclaimed, "Anyone willing to take a bullet for Christ? Remain where you are." Immediately, the choir fled, the deacons fled, and most of the congregants fled. Out of the 2,000, there only remained around 20. The man who had spoken took off his hood, looked at the preacher and said, "Okay Pastor, I have got rid of all the hypocrites. Now you may begin your service. Have a nice day!" And the two men turned and walked out.

A religion that is not worth dying for is not worth living for. Scriptural convictions will empower us to stand. In the face of threat or persecution we must not compromise or deny Jesus. Never follow the multitude on the wrong path. Joshua and Caleb stood their ground against the majority of the spies. They had confidence in God's promises and power. Do you know whom you have believed?

Chɑllenge: "Dare to stand like Joshua and Caleb."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to stand for You."

Quote: "Do you know whom you have believed?"

Further Reɑding: Daniel 3:17

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:34am On Oct 08, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY OCTOBER 8, 2019

The Birth Of Jesus
TEXT: Isaiah 7: 10-16

"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." (Isaiah 7:14).

A man in Ireland met an Irish boy who had caught a sparrow. The bird was trembling in his hand and anxious to escape. The gentleman begged him to release the bird but the boy refused. At last he offered to buy the bird. The boy agreed and the price was paid. Then the gentleman took the sparrow and held it out in his hand but the sparrow was unable to realise the fact that it had got its liberty; but after a while, it flew away chirping, as if to say it to the gentleman, "Thank you; you have redeemed me."

The boy terminated the freedom of the bird because he was stronger than it. This same way Satan is stronger than the sinner. The power of sin holding man in captivity is stronger than man himself. No man can of his own volition free himself from the power of sin. Only Jesus can save. Through His death He conquered sin for us. Jesus Christ came to break the fetters of sin, to open the prison doors and set the sinner and free.

Chɑllenge: "True freedom is in accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour."

Prɑyer: "Thank you for saving me, oh my God."

Quote: "Only Jesus can save."

Further Reɑding: Matthew 1:21

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:07pm On Oct 09, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2019

Labour For God
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 15:51-59

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord." (1 Corinthians 15:58).

A prince disguised himself in the clothes of a beggar and walked through the streets of the city. He came across another beggar who had just been given a large loaf of bread. The prince pleaded with the beggar for some of the bread. The beggar at first refused, but grudgingly gave the prince three small pieces of the bread after a while. The prince returned to his palace and sent his servant to the place where the beggar sat, with a gift of three gold coins and a note that read: “One piece of gold for each piece of bread.” The servant explained to the beggar what happened the previous day and read him the note from the prince. The beggar said, “Oh, I wish I'd given him more."

The day of reckoning is at hand. Let us labour at our best. We must use all our God-given resources- strength, intellect, talents, money, materials, knowledge and skills- to serve the Master. When we see the Lord, we will not regret of wasted time, unwisely spent money and lost opportunities to share the Gospel with others.

Chɑllenge: "A life well spent is one that is invested in Gods service."

Prɑyer: "Father, grant me the grace to serve you till the end."

Quote: "Oh, I wish I'd given him more."

Further Reɑding: 1 John 2:28

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY OCTOBER 10, 2019

Look And Live
TEXT: Numbers 21:1-9

"And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live." (Numbers 21:8).

A look at the brazen serpent by Israelites in the wilderness neutralized the effect of the snake poison. A look of faith on Jesus at the cross takes away our sin - the cause and its effects. The Cross is more than a symbol; it defines Christianity. The cross represents all that we believe in. There Jesus died and He rose to life again so that we can live. Matthew Henry exclaimed "We serve a living God who suffered a painful death on the cross for us. Come, and see the victories of the cross. Christ's wounds are thy healings, His agonies thy repose, His conflicts thy conquests, His groans, thy songs, His pains thine ease, His shame thy glory, His death thy life, His sufferings thy salvation."

Those who make light of the cross are condemned already. Their damnation is unavoidable and their eternal doom is inescapable. Take your burdens to the cross and drop them there. God's grace is immeasurable; His mercy is inexhaustible and His peace is inexpressible. All these are available at the cross for you. Look and live.

Chɑllenge: "Jesus died on the cross, Look and live."

Prɑyer: "Lord Jesus, I thank you for dying in my place."

Quote: "The Cross is more than a symbol."

Further Reɑding: John 3:14-18

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:26am On Oct 11, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY OCTOBER 11, 2019

Moses: The Meekest
TEXT: Numbers 12:1-16

"Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth." (Numbers 12:3).

Bill became a Christian while attending college. He wore a T-shirt with holes in it, jeans and no shoes. This was literally his wardrobe for his four years in college. Across the street from the campus was a conservative church. One day, Bill decided to go there. The service had already started and no vacant seat so he squatted right there on the carpet. An elderly man in his eighties with silver-gray hairs walked up to where the boy was. Thoughts ran wild in every heart. The minister couldn't even preach till he did what he had to do. The elderly man, to the amazement of everyone, sat down next to Bill so that Bill wouldn't be alone.

When the minister gained control, he said, "What you have just seen, is something you will never forget. Be careful how you live. You may be the Bible some people will ever read." Meekness is not weakness. It is eminently Christ's personal character. Meekness is opposed to harsh, overbearing, and oppressive character. Meekness is manifested in mild, gentle, tender and obedient lifestyle.

Chɑllenge: "Jesus is meek and lowly, Do you mirror Him?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, implant this nature of meekness in me."

Quote: "Meekness is not weakness."

Further Reɑding: Matthew 11:29

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:16pm On Oct 12, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY OCTOBER 12, 2019

Pray Like Hannah
TEXT: 1 Samuel 2:1-11

"And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation." (1 Samuel 2:1).

A mother told the landlord who came to demand for rent that she had not the money and that her husband had gone into the army. The landlord, a hard hearted man, said she and the family must leave the house. After he had gone, the mother began to weep bitterly. Her little girl whom she has taught to pray in faith said; "What makes you cry, mama? I will pray to God to give us a little house and won't He?" The little child went into the room and began to pray. "Oh God, you have come and taken away my father, and mama has no money, and the landlord will turn us out because we can't pay... Give us a little home." She came out happy. God heard the prayer of that little one and touched the heart of the cruel landlord who later told the mother to forget about the rent.

Unburden your heart because testimonies will always accompany prayer of faith.

"... Oh, what peace we often forfeit
Oh, what needless pain we bear.
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer."

Chɑllenge: "Any request targeted at God's glory will always get heaven's attention"

Prɑyer: "Father, help, I believe You for Your miracles."

Quote: "God heard the prayer."

Further Reɑding: 1 Samuel 1:26,27

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:20am On Oct 13, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY OCTOBER 13, 2019

Caleb: The Courageous
TEXT: Numbers 13:25-33

"And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it." (Numbers 13:30).

Cowards die many times before their death. With faith and courage in God's unfailing promises, Caleb challenged the congregation to rise, match forward and take possession of the land. Fear and unbelief are partners that have debarred many people from fulfilling their destinies. "If you think you are beaten, you are. If you think you dare not, you don't! If you want to win, but think you can't, it's almost a cinch you won't. If you think you'll lose, you've lost; For out in the world we find success begins with a fellow's will; it's all in the state of the mind. Life's battles don't always go to the stronger and faster man, But sooner or later the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." (Anonymous).

While the Israelites frightened themselves with imaginary difficulties, Caleb with courage and faith got his portion in Canaan land. He did not perish with the multitudes in the wilderness. You can overcome every obstacle as you look away from it. Focus on God's promises and power and success is sure.

Chɑllenge: "A man of courage is bold"

Prɑyer: "Lord Jesus, deliver me from impossibility mentality."

Quote: "Success is sure."

Further Reɑding: Joshua 14:6-13

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:13pm On Oct 14, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY OCTOBER 14, 2019

The Courage Of Esther
TEXT: Esther 4:1-17

"...I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish." (Esther 4:16).

A small congregation in the foothills of the Great Smokies built a new sanctuary. Ten days before commissioning, the local building inspector informed the pastor that the parking lot was inadequate therefore they would not use the new sanctuary. Unfortunately, the church had used every inch of their land except the mountain against which it had been built. The only option is to remove the mountain. The pastor announced that he would meet with all members who had "mountain-moving faith" to ask God to remove the mountain from the back yard and provide enough money to have it paved and painted before the opening dedication service.

24 of the congregation's 300 members came. After the final "Amen," the pastor declared that: "We'll open next Sunday as scheduled." The next morning a foreman appeared from Acme Construction Company requesting to pay for the 'dirt' at the back of the church and paved all the exposed area free of charge. The church was dedicated the following Sunday as scheduled. God still answers prayers today.

Chɑllenge: "Don't be afraid, launch out"

Prɑyer: "Dear Father, deliver me from doubts."

Quote: "God still answers prayer."

Further Reɑding: Daniel 3:15-18

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:16am On Oct 16, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY OCTOBER 15, 2019

Give God The Glory
TEXT: Romans 15:1-13

"That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." (Romans 15:6).

Christianity means a lot more than church attendance. When Christ indwells someone, the skin colour, pedigree, nativity and religious affiliation of parents are irrelevant. The main thing is that Jesus Christ is alive in the individual. Christ-like life becomes natural and evident. Everyone around will see the glory of God shining forth by the saintly life. Salvation is not to be confined or covered up. Christian youths are to reveal Christ in their daily living with good deeds like our Lord and Master. Children of God should be prepared for good works. As we patiently wait for the coming glory, "Do all the good you can, By all the means you can, In all the ways you can, In all the places you can, At all the times you can, To all the people you can, As long as ever you can," D. L. Moody said.

A holy life glorifies God. Christian youths must seek to glorify God in every facet of life. The Bible commands, "Whether therefore you eat, or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."

Chɑllenge: "Christ in you is the hope of glory"

Prɑyer: "O God, help me to live to glorify You always."

Quote: "A holy life glorifies God."

Further Reɑding: 1 Peter 2:12

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 16, 2019

He Is Coming Soon
TEXT: Acts 1:1-11

"And when He had spoken these things, while they beheld, He was taken up; and a cloud received Him out of their sight." (Acts 1:9).

The imminence of suddenness of the Lord's return should lead every heaven-bound Christian to great searching of heart. It should lead him/her to serious thought, both about himself/herself and the sinners in the world. There shall be no time to make amendment or adjustments when the rapture takes place. Now is the time to prepare fully and adequately so as to welcome His coming with joy, and be received into His everlasting kingdom.

Christ's Second Coming should be a powerful stimulus to holy living; a motive for patience, for moderation, for spiritual mindedness - a test for the use of time, and a gauge for all actions. Would you like the Lord to find you where you are now or find you doing what you are doing now? We are to wait for the coming of Christ with patience. We are to watch with anticipation, work with zeal and prepare with urgency. The Scripture says Christ will come when you least expect Him. He is coming as a thief. He says, 'Be prepared. Get ready. Prepare to meet thy God. Are you prepared?" - Billy Graham.

Chɑllenge: "Friend, if Christ should come now, are you ready?"

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, help me to live in consciousness of your coming."

Quote: "Prepare to meet thy God."

Further Reɑding: Revelation 22:7,12,20

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:21am On Oct 17, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY OCTOBER 17, 2019

Be Humble
TEXT: Luke 14:7-11

"For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." (Luke 14:11).

A popular saying goes this way: "It is pride that changed angels to devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." Blow your trumpet, else it will rust is a common slogan these days. The Bible however says: "Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips." Humility is the hallmark of the Christian calling. Humility is to make right estimate of one self. The way to honour, exaltation and glory is in the path of humility. A humble youth will not find it difficult to say "I was wrong; will you please forgive me?" If you have wronged someone in your family, neighbourhood or school, apologise. If you have hurt, embarrassed, or offended someone, then you need to take responsibility for your actions and humble yourself. Go and ask for his/her forgiveness.

When we are humble we will speak as little as possible of ourselves, accept rebukes or corrections cheerfully, overlook the mistakes of others, and endure insults and injuries, accept being slighted, and disliked. A humble person will be kind and gentle even under provocation.

Chɑllenge: "Do not flaunt your achievements"

Prɑyer: "Lord Jesus, take the glory in my life."

Quote: "A humble person will be kind."

Further Reɑding: 1 Peter 5:5-11

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:11pm On Oct 18, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY OCTOBER 18, 2019

Believers As Salt
TEXT: Matthew 5:13-16

"Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men." (Matthew 5:13).

A young successful executive was travelling down a neighbourhood street when a brick was thrown on the side door of his car by a kid! He jumped out of the car and grabbed the kid, "That's a new car, and the damage you have done to the car door is going to cost a lot of money. Why did you do it?" The boy apologetically said "Please, mister... please, I'm sorry but I didn't know what else to do. I threw the brick at your car because no one else would stop..."

The youth pointed to a spot. "It's my brother that rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up." Now sobbing, the boy asked, "Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me." He hurriedly lifted the handicapped boy back into the wheelchair, took out a handkerchief and wiped the fresh cuts. "Thank you, God bless you sir," the grateful child told the stranger. Many youths are overwhelmed by life challenges. Be that salt that will sweeten someone's life today.

Chɑllenge: "Let the challenges in the life of others bring the best out of you"

Prɑyer: "Father, be glorified in my life today and always."

Quote: "Sweeten someone's life today."

Further Reɑding: 1 Corinthians 10:31

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:53am On Oct 19, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY 19 OCTOBER, 2019

Beware Of False Prophets
TEXT: Matthew 7:15-23

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." (Matthew 7:15).

A pastor reportedly convinced his congregation about his holy pens which cost from $1 up to $20. He said the pens could make students pass their exams - and the more they paid for more, the better grades they would get. The prophet told his followers that those sitting for exams only needed faith and the special pens to pass. Do not join the gullible ones.

The Bible warns us not to believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God because many false prophets have gone out into the world. There is no other time than now when youths are more vulnerable to deception; they are told something they really want to believe. At such a time they don't care to know if the messenger is motivated by greed. They simply swallow everything hook, line and sinker. These false prophets sell sachet water, miracle handkerchiefs, anointing oil and pens at exorbitant prices to make merchandise of them. They never speak against sin or emphasise hard work. They give false hope.

Chɑllenge: "Jesus warns; "be not deceived""

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me not to be sidetracked."

Quote: "They give false hope."

Further Reɑding: Matthew 24:24,25

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:47am On Oct 20, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY OCTOBER 20, 2019

Beware Of The Old Serpent
TEXT: Revelation 12:1-17

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceives the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him." (Revelation 12:9).

A preacher once said, "Very few people believe in the devil these days." This kind of comment would please the devil very well and should be avoided... The essence of God is existence, and He defines Himself as: 'I am Who I am.' The essence of the devil is the lie, and he defines himself as: 'I am who am not.'

Satan's most deceptive and powerful way is to get people to believe his lies. His biggest lie is that there are no consequences to our own deeds even when God says we will give account of how we spend our lives. Satan gives whatever anyone asks for if it will lead to where he ultimately wants such person to go - hell. If you keep knocking at the devil's door, sooner or later, he will invite you in. Satan knows that youths are in the springtime of life and that they are most vulnerable people. He knows the type of sin to bait his hook with. You cannot walk with God, holding hands with the devil. Be wary of Satan's antics.

Chɑllenge: "Never dialogue or play game with Satan"

Prɑyer: "Dear Father, assist me to always discern the tricks of the devil."

Quote: "Be wary of Satan's antics."

Further Reɑding: 2 Corinthians 11:13-15

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:18am On Oct 21, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY OCTOBER 21, 2019

The Making Of A Blessed Memory
TEXT: Proverbs 10:1-10

"The memory of the just is blessed: but the name of the wicked shall rot." (Proverbs 10:7).

Are you suffering from memory overload or is information overload killing your memory? Many young people engage their memories with negative vices; therefore they suffer from memory overload. They cannot store information even if they try reading their books because of their inability to commit what they read into memory. This explains the reason they go blank during examinations.

You must know that a little effort on your part can instill in you a blessed memory such that your rate of assimilation can improve tremendously. The human memory has two possible storages, the short term memory and the long term memory. Effective memorisation helps you to transfer information from short term memory to long term memory. Short term memory lasts for 20 to 30 seconds without rehearsal while long term memory is more permanent. To help you recall during examination, you need to study your books continuously and memorise the important materials; this will help you to transfer information from the short term memory to the long term memory. The next step is to exercise your memory by engaging in serious prayer and meditation after reading.

Chɑllenge: "Memorise important materials as you study"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to recall whatever I read."

Quote: "Study your subjects."

Further Reɑding: Proverbs 4:1-13

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:04am On Oct 22, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY OCTOBER 22, 2019

Attitude Of Gratitude
TEXT: 2 Samuel 7:18-29

"Then went King David in, and he sat before the LORD, and he said, who am I, O Lord GOD? and what is my house, that thou hast brought me hitherto?" (2 Samuel 7:18).

In 1789, George Washington issued the first thanksgiving proclamation by the national government of the United States; in it, he called upon Americans to express their gratitude for the happy conclusion of the country’s war for independence. You should show gratitude to your Creator for all He has done for you. Why don’t you count the blessings God has given you? They will surprise you at what the Lord has done.

Do you realise that genuine thanksgiving is connected to absolute trust in God? You will never be able to thank God until you first trust him with your life. Therefore, you cannot be grateful to God for all He has done for you until you recognise that you depend on Him for all you have. When you show gratitude to God, it strengthens you against all the evil tides that can destroy you. Spend some time with God and cultivate an attitude of gratitude today. Those who demonstrate ingratitude should repent and show gratitude to God.

Chɑllenge: "When last did you thank God for all He has done for you?"

Prɑyer: "I will give You thanks always, Lord."

Quote: "Cultivate an attitude of gratitude."

Further Reɑding: Psalm 108:3-5; 57:9-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:46pm On Oct 22, 2019
Give the World A Smile
Youth Choir Ministration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygy0v_W-rTI
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:49am On Oct 23, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 23, 2019

Be A Nonconformist
TEXT: Romans 12:1-3

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable, and perfect, will of God" (Romans 12:2).

In Rome, Christians refused to be defiled by the sensual practices of a disintegrating civilization because of the fire of revival that burnt within them. It was a period when human life was cheap, high value was not placed on human beings-their souls and destinies. It was an era when immorality, lavishness and luxury were in vogue; yet, these Christians refused to compromise their consciences. These Non-conformists were threatened with death and many chose death rather than deny their faith.

A Roman Christian named Paul took up his pen and wrote many epistles for all Christians of all times, he urged Christians everywhere in all ages to be nonconformists as far as the world system is concerned. A Christian, living an obedient life, is a constant rebuke to those who accept the moral standards of this world. You need to ask how the early disciples turned the world upside down in their times. They had the truth, and they refused to water it down. They held a kind of faith that would not compromise. Are you a conformist or a nonconformists?

Chɑllenge: "Be a nonconformist."

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord, never to compromise my faith."

Quote: "Refuse to compromise."

Further Reɑding: Daniel 1:8

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:21pm On Oct 23, 2019
WE WILL CHANGE THE WORLD
SUNDAY 14 JULY,2019 YOUTH CHOIR MINISTRATION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYzhVPfmrGs
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20am On Oct 24, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2019

God Can Hear You Always
TEXT: John 11:42

"And l know that thou hearest Me always: but because of the people which stand by l said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent Me" (John 11:42).

A little boy, who was perplexed one day, asked his grandma, “what time specifically can we pray to God and receive a speedy answer? His grandma answered and said “my son, God is always listening when you pray; so, you can talk to Him any time, any day. There is no network problem or poor signals in heaven unlike this world.” The network to heaven is always free. The Psalmist encourages us to begin each day by lifting our voices to the Lord (Psalm. 5:3); to fill our day with conversations with God (Psalm 55:17); and in the face of difficulties or troubles, give yourself totally to prayer (Psalm 109:4). You must engage in serious prayers anytime and He will answer you speedily. Prayer is our way of connecting with God in all life’s circumstances. You need to reconnect your life to God as that is the only way He will answer you.

Do you have any relationship with God or are you disconnected from God? Your prayer will be answered if you have a relationship with God.

Chɑllenge: "Reconnect your life to God."

Prɑyer: "Oh Lord, hear the voice of my supplication."

Quote: "God is always listening."

Further Reɑding: Luke 18:1-8

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:43pm On Oct 24, 2019
Feeling At Home
Sunday Worship Service September 15, 2019 YOUTH CHOIR MINISTRATION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nwef7scV0g

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:25am On Oct 25, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY OCTOBER 25, 2019

Why Not Now?
TEXT: Acts 26:24-32

"Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian" (Acts 26:28).

King Agrippa was almost persuaded to be a Christian at a time when Paul, the Apostle, had the time to reach him with the gospel but he refused. Almost cannot kill a bird, he missed salvation narrowly. He had the opportunity to be saved yet, he was lost. Paul, the Apostle, made the way of salvation known to him, yet he was lost. He had the opportunity to repent yet he refused the message of salvation. He rejected Christ, the Saviour of the whole world.

Are you like King Agrippa, why do you postpone the day of your salvation? Why not now? Repent today! Tomorrow may be too late. If you neglect salvation, restoration and transformation you will meet your doom. Today, if you repent of your sins, you will be saved. You have a chance to make Jesus your Lord; he loves you so much that he wants to remove the guilt, condemnation, and penalty of sin from your life. Take a decision that will change your whole life for good.

Chɑllenge: "Make a decision and confess your sin."

Prɑyer: "Lord I repent today, forgive me for all my sins."

Quote: "Tomorrow may be too late."

Further Reɑding: Acts 26:23-29

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Labour For Your Laurels by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:18pm On Oct 27, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY OCTOBER 26, 2019

In Temptation, Trust God
TEXT: 2 Peter 2:1-10

"The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgement to be punished" (2 Peter 2:9).

When a fisherman wants to catch fish in the river, he knows that if he throws an empty hook into the river, no fish would swallow the hook for him to achieve his goal. He will therefore attach a bait to the hook so that the unsuspecting fish will come for the bait and swallow it with the hook and the deed is done. This illustration shows the way the devil makes sin attractive to people in order to trap them to catch them. God expects His children to overcome temptations at all times. A Christian should always trust God who will create a way of escape for him/her in every temptation.

Joseph, Job, Esther and so on, faced deadly temptations in their days but they trusted God; overcame all temptations and were able to reject the filthy lifestyles in their societies. Are you like Joseph who overcame the sin of adultery when Potiphar’s wife put pressure on him? Do you fear because of the evil around you? Put your trust in God and He will help you overcome all temptations.

Chɑllenge: "Do not yield into temptation for yielding is sin."

Prɑyer: "Lord, keep me from falling into sin."

Quote: "Put your trust in God."

Further Reɑding: 2 Peter 2:5-10; James 1:1-6

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.