Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:12 AM

Higher Everyday — Snub Satan - Religion (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Snub Satan (1530779 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (117) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:06pm On Oct 27, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY OCTOBER 27, 2019

Target The Top In Endeavours
TEXT: Deuteronomy 28:1-14

"And the Lord shall make thee the head and not the tail; and thou shall be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if thou hearken..." (Deuteronomy 28:13).

He always aimed at clinching the first position in any competition and had always made a mark in the sands of time. Bob Wieland born and raised in Greenfield Wisconsin was an all-star athlete on his way to a professional baseball career. Bob’s life bubbled and sparkled with courage and greatness, yet he suffered the tragedy of almost losing his legs while he attempted to rescue a fallen comrade. In the face of overwhelming odds, he chose to focus on the challenges and victories, he could see in his future, when he said “I lost my legs, not my heart.” Bob expressed his achievement and his triumph over odds, his passionate and motivating life style was a great inspiration to many folks. He made it to the top with great courage.

You can also be like Bob Wieland, who targeted the top position and went for it. In spite of so many odds against him, he triumphed by breaking so many records of great achievement. You can be a great success too. Paul the apostle said he could do all things through Christ.

Chɑllenge: "Go for your goal in life."

Prɑyer: "Help me to reach out for the top, oh God."

Quote: "Focus on the challenge and the victory."

Further Reɑding: Deuteronomy 28:7-18

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY OCTOBER 28, 2019

He Takes Away Sin
TEXT: 1 John 3:1-10

"And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins; and in Him is no sin" (1 John 3:5).

In a formal event, the master of ceremony (MC), would usually introduce the chairman of the occasion with happiness to prepare the people’s hearts to hear the man of the hour. John, the Baptist, introduced Jesus to humanity thus: “Behold the lamb of God which takes away the sin of the world." Do you know this Jesus? He died to take away your sins. John the Baptist announced the presence of the Lamb of God who takes away our sins. No matter how long in sin you are or how dirty you are, the death of Christ on the cross puts an end to your sin problem.

Jesus can cleanse the vilest sinner and make him/her whole again. Jesus is the sacrificial lamb and He can take away your sins, you must acknowledge, confess them, believe in Christ's atoning blood and depend on Him as your Lord and Saviour. Forget about your past and get acquainted with Jesus Christ and He will receive you.

Chɑllenge: "Christ can take away your sins."

Prɑyer: "Lord, save my soul today."

Quote: "Do you know this Jesus?"

Further Reɑding: Psalm 51:1-7; 1 John 1:8,9

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY OCTOBER 29, 2019

Endtime Education Tourism
TEXT: Daniel 12:1-13

"But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased" (Daniel 12:4).

Many young people today seek scholarship abroad to acquire more knowledge in the area of Edutourism. Edutourism is the training of people outside their states, cities or country to acquire knowledge. Interested participants are exposed to field work through excursions to tourist sites such as airports, sea ports, and beaches, sand forms such as game reserves, national parks, museums, hotels and tour agencies.

Our text borders on the end time insatiable quest for knowledge in its entire ramification. The age which we are in is the era of scientific and technological quest that imports all kinds of devices including the negative and destructive devices to wreck man’s relationship with the Almighty Creator. As a Christian youth you have to be very careful about the knowledge you seek. Avoid going to internet sites that would feed you with information that will corrupt your mind. What knowledge do you seek after? There are so many youths out there who are already trapped in this mad search for knowledge. He that increases knowledge increases sorrow (Ecclesiastes 1:17-18).

Chɑllenge: "Be careful about what you seek after."

Prɑyer: "Lord, fill me with true knowledge of God."

Quote: "Mad search for knowledge?"

Further Reɑding: Ecclesiastes 1:1-3

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:28am On Oct 30, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 30, 2019

As You Get So Give
TEXT: 2 Corinthians 9:1-11

"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work" (2 Corinthians 9:8).

Indeed, “The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein” (Psalm 24:1).
This scripture underscores the indubitable fact that none of us may lay claim to any material possession, position or power since “we brought nothing into this world” (1 Timothy 6:7).

Everything we think we are or have acquired in this life is loaned to us by God, the maker and owner of all things; we are mere caretakers of God’s properties and positions of power or influence. As such, the more we possess the more we must part with, be it money, knowledge, skills or power to others and for the work of God.This is the best investment for the wise. If God endows you with resources to sow or invest, it is because he wants to bless you, as great sowers are great reapers. Do not just pray for God to bless you with money, material possessions or even academic success without working hard. God will bless your work and you will have to give.

Chɑllenge: "What have you which you have not received?"

Prɑyer: "O Lord, enable me to appreciate divine ownership of all things."

Quote: "Great sowers are great reapers"

Further Reɑding: 2 Corinthians 9:6-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY OCTOBER 31, 2019

Away With Anger
TEXT: Ecclesiastes 7:1-10

"Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools" (Ecclesiastes 7:9).

Anger is simply one of several human emotions. All human emotions are vulnerable to manipulations and/or control by the spirit that rules each person. Under satanic influence, some people's anger can really get violent, leading to heinous crimes. But in most cases, such people are too spiritually blinded to believe they are under any influence; they think it is just their nature, or mere provocation! Horace made an interesting statement about anger. He said, "Anger is a momentary madness, so control your passion or it will control you." Yes, a momentary madness; hence some people do some terrible things when angry only to regret their foolish actions later.

Anger is destructive in all its ramifications. Only the blood of Jesus Christ can deal with man's depravity and deliver him from the tyranny of Satan and sin, including violent anger. Those who would be free from anger, therefore, must seek Jesus early. He will save them from their sins and sanctify them wholly, releasing them from every bondage.

Chɑllenge: "Wouldn't you rather seek Jesus today?"

Prɑyer: "I yield my heart to you, O Lord, deal with the root of my anger."

Quote: "Anger is destructive"

Further Reɑding: James 1:19-21; Proverbs 16:32

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:05am On Nov 01, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 01, 2019

Building On The Rock
TEXT: Matthew 7:24-29

"Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock" (Matthew 7:24).

A rock is about the constant and firmest objective in the world. It is, thus, often used to symbolise steadfastness and invariability. Referring to Jesus Christ, the Bible says "the Word was with God." "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever" (John 1:1; Hebrews 13:8). From these scriptures, we infer the faithfulness of Jesus Christ in protecting and preserving those who trust Him for salvation and ultimate deliverance from this evil world.

Wise people still seek Jesus. Those who forsake the world, and trust in His promises are the wise people who, by so doing build their spiritual houses upon the Eternal Rock of Ages; they will never be disappointed. Are you in their company?

Chɑllenge: "Are you among the wise people who still seek Jesus?"

Prɑyer: "Please lead me to the Rock of Ages, O God."

Quote: "Wise people still seek Jesus"

Further Reɑding: Luke 7:47-49; Matthew 7:24-27

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:25am On Nov 02, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 02, 2019

El-Shaddai Will Lift You Up
TEXT: Psalms 145:1-21

"The LORD upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down" (Psalms 145:14).

Our God, who created and planted man in this world, undoubtedly, fully appreciates our vulnerabilities, frailties and challenges. He has always been there for us, right from the phenomenal fall of man in the Garden of Eden! This was evident in the attendant remedial action when God had to make coats of skin, and clothed errant Eve and Adam, who could only resort to “fig leaves” as aprons to cover their nɑkedness (Genesis 3:21; 3:7).

Ever since the above incident God has continued to identify with and respond to the needs of the most vulnerable among humans, who would seek Him, even with the faintest trace if desire. Young people who have ruined their lives may also come to Jesus and find renewed hope. Our El-Shaddai God will lift you up again.

Chɑllenge: "Would you dare seek the Lord today?"

Prɑyer: "Father, please lift me out of my failures and sorrows."

Quote: "El-Shaddai is the hope of the hopeless"

Further Reɑding: Psalms 51:10-19; Isaiah 41:10-20

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:07am On Nov 04, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2019

Give And Receive Greatly
TEXT: Psalms 145:1-21

"Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again" (Luke 6:38).

Today’s text is a very popular scripture, no doubt; it is also one of the most misinterpreted and misapplied verses in the Bible. This verse is generally understood to refer only to financial contributions to the work of God. This explains why students and other young people mentally exclude themselves from its blessings for lack of understanding whenever it is read in the Church.

Any heart that truly loves God would bountifully give time, talents and treasures to the work of God, knowing “we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out” (1 Timothy 6:7). The more sacrificially we give, the more substantially we gain. Peter had a woeful fishing business outing-he and his partners caught nothing all through the night of toiling. However, he gave his boat to the Lord Jesus to freely use for His gospel work. He later received a miracle of catching of abundant fish from the river where he had caught nothing. May God turn your fortunes around as you give to Him in Jesus’ name.

Chɑllenge: "Challenge God with sacrificial giving"

Prɑyer: "Teach me, LORD, to give selflessly and sacrificially."

Quote: "May God turn your fortunes around as you give"

Further Reɑding: 1 Corinthians 9:6-12

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58am On Nov 04, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2019

Growing Greater
TEXT: 1 Chronicles 11:4-14

"So David waxed greater and greater: for the LORD of host was with him" (1 Chronicles 11:9).

Contrary to popular opinion, greatness does not come from dishonest amassing of material wealth, or ascending the ladder of worldly popularity and game. True and lasting greatness comes only from God, and freely given to His faithful servants. Yes, faithfulness is the key! You will grow well if you faithfully do what God has led you to do. Ronald E. Osborn says, "Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."

The only reason David, the teenage shepherd boy, rose from obscurity to become the most prominent king of Israel was simply because he trusted God in all his doings, with all his heart. So, despite jealousy and malicious attempts by king Saul to destroy him, David still "waxed greater and greater!" Teenagers, like David, would rise above all obstacles, if only they would embrace Christ, and serve Him faithfully and steadfastly. Such youths would be firmly rooted themselves in Christ the Rock and so become unstoppable in their chosen career.

Quote: "Those rooted in Christ can never be uprooted"

Chɑllenge: "Get rooted in Christ, grow greater"

Prɑyer: "Father, help me to grow in grace and so grow greater."

Further Reɑding: Genesis 39:1-6, 21-23; Psalm 1:1-6

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:28pm On Nov 05, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2019

How Is Your Heart?
TEXT: 2 Chronicles 25:1-15

"And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, but not with a perfect heart" (2 Chronicles 25:2).

At the age of 25, Amaziah was enthroned king over God’s people, and he reigned in Jerusalem for 29 years. This young king ruled in a manner that perfectly aligned with divine dictates for leadership in Israel, yet “not with a perfect heart.”

Similarly, many young people are presumed born-again because they naturally continue in their parents’ church where they were born. But regular church attendance, Christian dressing and conduct are not enough; we must totally yield our hearts to Christ to ensure true perfection. Otherwise, our heart depravity will eventually surface and betray our false profession of Christlikeness, particularly when young people are out of parental and church leadership surveillance. When the prodigal son went to settle in a ‘far country’ where he was not under the control of his parents, it did not take much time before he associated with bad friends for wayward lifestyle. It took extreme hardship to make him realise that he had sinned against God and his father. Are you drifting away from God too? Examine your heart today.

Quote: "Are you drifting away from God too?"

Chɑllenge: "Outward state may not always match spiritual status"

Prɑyer: "Take my heart and clean it up for me, O LORD."

Further Reɑding: 2 Corinthians 13:5

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:13am On Nov 06, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2019

If Your Lord Comes Today
TEXT: Matthew 24:36-51

"Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come" (Matthew 24:41, 42).

The Second Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, which will be heralded by the Rapture, has been the subject of homilies for centuries. Genuinely called and anointed ministers of the gospel have been warning their congregations, and the world at large, of the imminence of the Rapture, the sudden catching away of the saints from this world. Yet, Satan continues to blind the minds of people, particularly the younger generation, persuading them to ignore the clarion call to repentance from dead works. In the Decision Magazine of February, 1989, Evangelist Billy Graham declares, “The Bible indicates that when Christ returns the world will not be looking for him. The nations of the world will still be looking for their own devices and searching for new master plans to save the human race.”

Many young people will regret eternally, who continue to defer their repentance, believing that they still have plenty of time to give it any serious thought. Incidentally, His coming shall be sudden. If Jesus comes today, where will He find you? There will be no surprises for the prepared person.

Quote: "No surprises for the prepared person"

Chɑllenge: "Where will He find you?"

Prɑyer: "Help me to be ready, O God, ahead of my Lords return."

Further Reɑding: Matthew 24:41-51

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:57am On Nov 07, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 7, 2019

Jehovah, You Are Great
TEXT: Psalm 8:1-9

"When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? And the son of man, that thou visits him?" (Psalm 8:3,4).

Despite the astonishing human achievements in the exploration of the universe, generally, and in astronomy, particularly, “there remains very much” (Joshua 13:1) mystery of creation to be unraveled. Indeed, the universe, created by our God is beyond full human comprehension. The Psalmist was, therefore, overwhelmed as he mused over the wisdom of God, and wondered why He would lavish His boundless love upon mere mortals, yet ignore the gigantic structures and creatures He had created. This thought inspired spontaneous praise from the heart of the Psalmist. “The world is not here by chance, nor is human life a biological accident. God brought it all into existence. Furthermore, man occupied a very special place in God’s creation-man alone was created in the image of God,” Billy Graham stated.

Truly, our God is the greatest of all! There is no person whose heart would not burst out in ceaseless praise to the Almighty God, after an unbiased consideration of His marvelous works, which are visible and invisible. Oh God, how great thou art!

Quote: "The world is not here by chance"

Chɑllenge: "There is none like unto our God"

Prɑyer: "Reveal yourself to me, O Lord."

Further Reɑding: Job 7:17,18; Psalm 144:1-4

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:10pm On Nov 08, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 8, 2019

Lying Is Prohibited
TEXT: Colossians 3:1-11

"Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds" (Colossians 3:9).

A servant of God, who was also working in an international organisation gave this testimony, “I recall with abhorrence, how we were actively practicing and perfecting our lying skills as young teenagers in the high school, hoping we were on the right path to smartness; we never knew we were descending the bottomless valley of destruction. But when Christ met me, opened my spiritually blinded eyes and delivered me from the power of sin and Satan, lying became so disgusting that I now cannot tolerate any form of it around me.” Amen! This is indeed marvellous. “When a person is saved, there is evidence of salvation. If someone says, “I’m saved”, but they continue to lie, steal, and live immorally, it is quite evident they are not saved,” says Joe Bishop.

Once saved, the Spirit of God that indwells us empowers us to detest our old sinful lifestyles to embrace the new life in Christ. Effortlessly, we begin to desire closer fellowship with God. In that state, lying gives way to truthfulness, having become old-fashioned! Are you free from lying?

Quote: "Lying is old-fashioned"

Chɑllenge: "You can be delivered from lying, if you would"

Prɑyer: "O God, break the yoke of lying in my life."

Further Reɑding: Colossians 3:1-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23am On Nov 09, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 9, 2019

No Denying The Lord

"But he that denieth Me before men shall be denied before the angels of God" (Luke 12:9).

Apostle Peter publicly denied Jesus Christ, despite the warning from Christ well ahead of time (Matthew 26:34, 35, 67-75). This is one of the most brazen acts of denial recorded in the scriptures. There are several other forms of denial recorded in the Bible- all must be avoided, All Bible characters who engaged in various acts of unfaithfulness received their due recompense.

We deny the Lord when we join the world in examination malpractices, ignore or avoid participation in soul winning, embrace worldly dressing that betrays our profession of Christ and mislead others, to mention but a few. Truly converted Christian youths will resist the temptation to join the bandwagon of modernism or worldliness that embarrasses our Lord Jesus Christ; otherwise they too shall be embarrassed on the judgment day.

Quote: "We deny the Lord when we join the world"

Chɑllenge: "Honour Jesus today and be honoured on the last day"

Prɑyer: "Strengthen me, Lord, against the world."

Further Reɑding: Matthew 26:34, 35, 67-75

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:52pm On Nov 10, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 10, 2019

No Pain No Gain

"He sent a man before them, even Joseph, who was sold for a servant: Whose feet they hurt with fetters: he was laid in iron: The king sent and loosed him; even the ruler of the people, and let him go free" (Psalm 105:17, 18, 20).

There is no painless gain anywhere in the world; anything that seems so must be some form of delusion, which is attractive only to the slothful! Therefore, only unwise and slothful youths get involved in pools betting, cheating, stealing and robbery, in the hope of acquiring easy wealth. But they only fool themselves at last. It was Lear LaBelle who made this important statement, “Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.”

Many young people desire to rise from prison to the palace like Joseph, but they shrink from the slightest tests that challenge the righteous. If Jesus did not successfully endure the Cross and its reproaches, He would not have overcome the Devil to earn the crown of glory. Beloved, endure the pain of the race to win the crown

Quote: "There is no painless gain anywhere"

Chɑllenge: "Endure the pain of the race to win the crown"

Prɑyer: "Grant me victory, O God, over trials of faith."

Further Reɑding: Philippians 2:5-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:02am On Nov 11, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2019

Obey: Don't Ask Why
TEXT: Hebrews 11:6-18

"By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called" (Hebrews 11:17, 18).

The gap between the wisdom of God and that of man, is just as vast and infinite as God Himself; there is no basis for any form of comparison! It is, therefore, vain for mortal man to attempt to comprehend divine commands/instructions before compliance. It was Evans who stated that, “Faith is not sense, nor sight, nor reason, but a taking of God at His word.”

Abraham fully appreciates the above thesis and, so, simply obeyed every commandment or request from God, without a second thought; this is what earned him the title, the father of faith! Christians who desire a successful pilgrimage on earth must learn to simply obey every word of God, without questioning. Truly, respectful attitude to God’s word guarantees victory in all life’s battles.

Quote: "Only unbelieving hearts question God's commands"

Chɑllenge: "Simply obey God, unquestioningly."

Prɑyer: "Father, teach me to obey your word from my heart."

Further Reɑding: John 2:1-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:53am On Nov 12, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 12, 2019

Peace For The Steadfast
TEXT: Isaiah 26:1-9

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee" (Isaiah 26:3).

Peace is variously defined, by Merriam-Webster dictionary, as "a state of tranquility or quietness," "freedom from disquieting or oppressive thoughts or emotions," and "a pact or agreement to end hostilities..." The common thread that runs through these definitions is the absence of fear, harassment or intimidation - and these are just a few components of the package that awaits every steadfast Christian!

In today's world, where many young people have been captured by Satan and turned into agents of violence, intimidation and godlessness, peace is the most desirable treasure. Youths who would turn over their lives to Christ and steadfastly serve Him, will never be ensnared by Satan; they shall have eternal peace, while the world of the unconverted burns in the fire of violence, and ultimately, in eternal hell fire.

Quote: "Many young people have been captured"

Chɑllenge: "Peace is for the faithful, in time and in eternity."

Prɑyer: "Lord, lead me in the way of peace."

Further Reɑding: Deuteronomy 28:1-7; Leviticus 26:1-8

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:05am On Nov 13, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 13, 2019

Physical And Emotional Healing
TEXT: Psalm 147:1-12

"He heals the broken in heart, and binds up their wounds" (Psalm 147:3).

A teenage African student studying in a European University told the story of how his classmate suddenly lost his father in mysterious circumstances way back in Africa. He recalled with tearful eyes, how his friend was forced to withdraw from his university education because no one else could continue funding his education. Dr. J. A. Hadfield said, "I am convinced that the Christian religion is one of the most valuable and potent influences that we possess for producing that harmony and peace of mind and that confidence of soul which are needed to bring health and power to a large proportion of nervous patients."

This life is filled with similar unfortunate incidents that result in physical and/or emotional pain, part of the consequences of the fall of man. But Christ has provided a remedy for such pains through the sacrificial death on the Cross of Calvary. Jesus is our "balm in Gilead" (Jeremiah 8:22; 46:11). He effectively heals all emotional pains of those who would seek him in faith. Are you brokenhearted? Go to Jesus for healing and peace.

Quote: "Go to Jesus for healing and peace"

Chɑllenge: "Take your pain to Jesus today."

Prɑyer: "O God, I bring you my broken heart for mending."

Further Reɑding: Jeremiah 30:12-17

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 14, 2019

Preference For Darkness
TEXT: John 3:14-21

"And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness more than light, because their deeds were evil" (John 3:19).

Most evil activities are usually implemented under cover, and hidden away from the prying eyes of decent people; guilty conscience alone sees to that! This evil disposition of the human mind is a consequence of the fall in the Garden of Eden whereby "every imagination of the thoughts of" his heart was "only evil continually" (Genesis 6:5). This explains the natural tendency to do evil as seen in the unconverted human soul.

But Jesus Christ "was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil" (1 John 3:8). And having done so, He now commands, "Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts" (Isaiah 55:7). Jesus is waiting for sinners and the willing to "turn them from darkness to light" (Acts 26:18). Are you willing to receive Him today?

Quote: "Let the wicked forsake his way"

Chɑllenge: "You can turn your preference from darkness to light."

Prɑyer: "Deliver me, Lord, from the power of darkness."

Further Reɑding: Matthew 11:27-30

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:34am On Nov 15, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2019

Progress Through Prayer
TEXT: 1 Samuel 1:19-28

"And she said, Oh my lord, as thy soul liveth, my lord, I am the woman that stood by thee here, praying unto the LORD. For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him" (1 Samuel 1:26,27).

According to Dr. Leonard Ravenhill, in his book, Why Revival Tarries, "fire begets fire." It is only a fiery heart, steeped in prayer that confronts the seemingly impossible and achieves unusual results! The most difficult examinations have been conquered by prayerful students who emerged with the highest grades, without involvement in exam malpractices. Similarly, plum jobs have also been grabbed by faithful young Christians through the power of prayer. Even soul winning, whether in the home, school or the larger society, succeeds only through prayer. Richard Baxter says, "Prayer must carry on our work, as well as preaching. He does not preach heartily to his people who do not pray for them. If we do not prevail with God to give sinners repentance and faith, we are not likely to prevail with them to repent and believe."

There is no limitation for a saint. This is because prayer lifts us into the supernatural realm, where God takes over our battles and rewards us with the desires of our hearts. The progress you seek will come through prayers.

Quote: "There is no limitation for a praying saint"

Chɑllenge: "You too can break barriers through prayer."

Prɑyer: "Baptise me with the spirit of prayer, O God."

Further Reɑding: 1 Kings 17:17-24

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 16, 2019

Purpose Of Divine Revelations
TEXT: Acts 27:21-25

"For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve. Saying, Fear not, Paul: thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee" (Acts 27:23).

Evidently, revelations and prophecies have been terribly abused, contorted out of their original purposes by modern-day money loving preachers, who would "make merchandise of" ignorant people (2 Peter 2:3). Nonetheless, God still grants genuine revelations to His faithful servants. Divine revelations come through dreams, God's word impressed upon our hearts by the Spirit of God, audible voice, etc. On dreams, Milligan said, "The Bible reveals that in the past God spoke through dreams to saints and sinners alike - warning them, directing them, helping them. He still does."

The primary purpose of divine revelations is salvation of souls, as enshrined in our text. Apostle Paul had the privilege of divine revelations so he might comfort his affrighted cotravellers, who were totally helpless aboard a boat that was heading for destruction. Similarly, God grants divine revelations to Christians for personal comfort and to encourage their colleagues, schoolmates and peers with the gospel of salvation. Are you ready for this service?

Quote: "Are you ready for this service?"

Chɑllenge: "Are you ready to spread the gospel?"

Prɑyer: "O LORD, speak to me that I may speak to sinners."

Further Reɑding: Isaiah 61:1-3; 1 Corinthians 9:16-23

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:20pm On Nov 17, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 17, 2019

Ready To Prosper
TEXT: Psalm 1:1-6

"And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper" (Psalm 1:3).

Indeed, the riches of Christ at the disposal of every true child of God are innumerable. God's promises abound in the scripture, from Genesis all through to Revelation, as a vehicle for distribution of divine favours. But, like a currently trending advertising phrase, 'terms and conditions apply.' In other words, all who would enjoy divine favours must meet the specified requirements! These requirements include obedience to God's word and hard work. Hear George Sterne in his book, Secrets of the Millionaires, "The nuts and bolts behind every fortune are more than just simple motivation. Riches come when desire is coupled with a goal, plan and lots of hard work."

Our text is the result of requirements specified in the two preceding verses (that is, Psalm 1:1,2). Those who desire prosperity, secular and/or spiritual, must first shun "the counsel of the ungodly...the way of sinners...the seat of the scornful" (Psalm 1:1:1). Afterwards, they must delight "in the law of the LORD," and meditate on it "day and night" (Psalm 1:2); then would they be qualified to prosper.

Quote: "Terms and conditions apply."

Chɑllenge: "Divine prosperity is waiting; the requirements are simple."

Prɑyer: "Father, grant me grace to qualify for divine prosperity."

Further Reɑding: Psalm 1:1-6

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by brocab: 11:11pm On Nov 17, 2019
I am sure we all pray to prosper from above in Word of wisdom and knowledge, let us pray for health that flows through our heart, mind and soul to Love one another as Christ Loved us, Let us live for love for eternity with our Father who art in Heaven.

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:23pm On Nov 18, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY NOVEMBER 18, 2019

The Believer In The Last Days
TEXT: Ephesians 5:15-16

"See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise. Redeeming the time, because the days are evil" (Ephesians 5:15, 16).

The days of the modern man are obviously more evil than the days when these scriptures were penned down by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit: moral decadence, extreme debauchery and godlessness displayed by the young and tacitly approved by the older generation, constitute part of the evidence. Indeed, the days are evil. “We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the Sermon on the Mount. The world has achieved brilliance without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants,” says Gen. Omar Bradley.

In the face of these and many other obvious signs of the last days, the Christian believer must get wiser. Young people, particularly, must strive to lead exemplary Christian lives, positively influencing their unconverted classmates, friends and peers to the glory of God. We must shun idolatrous snares of the devil like tattooing, gambling, sexual promiscuity, examination malpractices, erotic music and dressing, gangsterism, cultism and avarice, to mention only a few. All believers must stay holy in these last days. We should be prayerful and committed to Christ.

Quote: "Be prayerful and committed to Christ."

Chɑllenge: "You can be different in these last days."

Prɑyer: "Father, please grant me the grace to be separate from sinners."

Further Reɑding: 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by brocab: 8:34pm On Nov 18, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY NOVEMBER 18, 2019

The Believer In The Last Days
TEXT: Ephesians 5:15-16

Prɑyer: "Father, please grant me the grace to be separate from sinners."
Amen
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:23am On Nov 19, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 19, 2019

The Way Up Is Down
TEXT: James 4:6-12

"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up" (James 4:10).

Saint Augustine once said, "It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." No one ever climbs up who did not start from down, otherwise she or he did not climb at all! Humility always succeeds where might and strength have failed woefully. Thus, Jesus came, armed with humility, and broke "the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron" (Psalm 107:16; Isaiah 45:2) to set humans free from the tyranny of Satan and the bondage of sin. "We are to live lives of humility. The Scripture does not say that we are to pray for humility. It says we are to humble ourselves," says Billy Graham.

Pride has destroyed many potentially great people like: Absalom, Adonijah, Korah and his team - to mention but a few. Humility, on the other hand, lifted many others: Moses, Abraham, Joseph, David, Solomon, Daniel, Saul of tarsus and many more. In which of these classes would you belong?

Quote: "Pride has destroyed many."

Chɑllenge: "Wouldn't you join the winning team of the humble?"

Prɑyer: "Loose me from the cords of pride, O LORD."

Further Reɑding: 1 Kings 3:5-15

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 20, 2019

Thirst Time, Trying Time
TEXT: Exodus 17:1-7

"Wherefore the people did chide with Moses, and said, Give us water that we may drink. And Moses said unto them, Why chide ye with me? wherefore do ye tempt the LORD" (Exodus 17:2).

The Israelites experienced several supernatural interventions during their deliverance from Egypt and journey towards the land of promise. They were excited and did glorify God because of what He did for them. But those divine interventions were also interlaced with a few tests of their faith. Their reactions in the face of such tests were, unfortunately deplorable, particularly when they were tested with thirst!

Every Christian must be tested. Our own thirst time will come in various forms - financial, moral, integrity and so on. If you are born again, are you regularly preparing to pass every test that comes your way? Joseph passed his own test with distinction (Genesis 39:1-9). You too can pass, if you trust Jesus.

Quote: "Every Christian must be tested."

Chɑllenge: "You can pass your tests, just trusting Jesus."

Prɑyer: "Father, please help me to pass my own test."

Further Reɑding: Genesis 39:1-9; Daniel 1:3-15

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12am On Nov 21, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 21, 2019

To The Fainthearted
TEXT: Isaiah 40:25-31

"He gives power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increases strength" (Isaiah 40:29).

Faintheartedness is often a reaction to threats, unpleasant circumstances, and/or impending danger. It is usually a manifestation of self-preservation instinct in humans, and even in lower animals. Students who have failed in an examination, for instance, are likely to experience faintness of heart when they are preparing to retake their papers, especially if their preparations have not been adequate. But "they shall not be ashamed that wait for me," says the LORD (Isaiah 49:23d).

Our God is not unaware of the challenges we face in life. Understanding our frailty, He invites us to trust Him to fight our battles and deliver us from the enemies of our souls. Those who truly believe His promises will have no cause to faint in the face of life's challenges. When Moses sent out the twelve spies to the land of Canaan, ten of them were faint-hearted and returned with a negative report. But Caleb and Joshua were courageous and gave a report of faith (Numbers 14:1-10). Child of God, by faith win your battles of life.

Quote: "By faith win your battles."

Chɑllenge: "Challenge your challenges by trusting God."

Prɑyer: "Help me, Lord, to trust you always."

Further Reɑding: Isaiah 40:28-31

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by brocab: 10:52pm On Nov 22, 2019
During the span of the Greek and Roman occupations, two important political/religious groups emerged in Israel. The Pharisees added to the Law of Moses through oral tradition and eventually considered their own laws more important than God’s {Mark 7:1–23}.
While Christ’s teachings often agreed with the Pharisees, He railed against their hollow legalism and lack of compassion.
The Sadducees represented the aristocrats and the wealthy. The Sadducees, who wielded power through the Sanhedrin, rejected all but the Mosaic books of the Old Testament. They refused to believe in resurrection and were generally shadows of the Greeks, whom they greatly admired.
The events of the intertestamental period set the stage for Christ and had a profound impact on the Jewish people.
Both Jews and pagans from other nations were becoming dissatisfied with religion.
The pagans were beginning to question the validity of polytheism. Romans and Greeks were drawn from their mythologies toward the Hebrew Scriptures, now easily accessible in Greek or Latin.
The Jews, however, were despondent. Once again, they were conquered, oppressed, and polluted.
Hope was running low; faith was even lower. They were convinced that now the only thing that could save them and their faith was the appearance of the Messiah.
Not only were people primed and ready for the Messiah, but God was moving in other ways as well: the Romans had built roads {to aid the spread of the gospel}; everyone understood a common language, Koine Greek {the language of the New Testament}; and there was a fair amount of peace and freedom to travel {further aiding the dissemination of the gospel}
The New Testament tells the story of how hope came, not only for the Jews but for the entire world.
Christ’s fulfillment of prophecy was anticipated and recognized by many who sought Him out.
The stories of the Roman centurion, the wise men, and the Pharisee Nicodemus show how Jesus was recognized as the Messiah by those from several different cultures. The “400 years of silence” of the intertestamental period were broken by the greatest story ever told—the gospel of Jesus Christ!
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 22, 2019

Unity Is Good
TEXT: Psalm 133:1-3

"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity" (Psalm 133:1).

In the Old Testament, Israel was repeatedly reminded of their uniqueness as one nation whose ruler is God Himself. They were, thus, required to avoid mingling with other nations. Much later, Jesus Christ taught His disciples the importance of unity and oneness. He often "sent them two by two" (Luke 10:1; Mark 6:7) on soul winning assignments, thus inculcating team spirit in them. Similarly, Apostle Paul charges all Christians "to keep the unity of Spirit... Till we all come in the unity of faith" (Ephesians 4:3,13).

When away from home, Christians, young and old, must promptly identify with the body of Christ to avoid spiritual malnourishment. Caution is, however, required in doing this to ensure unity of faith to avoid unequal yoke with modern Christian cults, many of which have transformed themselves to so-called angels of light to beguile gullible souls. In the early Church there was unity and they shared what they had together. Christians should be united and care for one another in these last days. It is unity without sin.

Quote: "Be united and care for one another."

Chɑllenge: "Be wise; avoid wolves in sheepskin."

Prɑyer: "Father, keep us in one faith."

Further Reɑding: Psalm 133:1-3; Ephesians 4:1-6

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:56am On Nov 23, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2019

What Can You Give To God?
TEXT: 2 Samuel 24:18-24

"And the king said unto Araunah, Nay; but I will surely buy it of thee at a price: neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the LORD my God of that which doth cost me nothing" (2 Samuel 24:24a).

Whether we are contributing our intellect, time, properties or money, our understanding of who owns all that we have will determine the value and/or quantity of what we are willing to part with for the development of God’s kingdom. Christians who understand that “The earth is the LORD’s, and the fullness thereof…” (Psalms 24:1), would follow the path of King David, who insisted on investing his resources in God’s kingdom. It is important to give to God because He will give you much more in return. This was why Oswald J. Smith stated that, “The only way to have more than enough to spare is to give God more than you can spare.”

Indeed, for David, and other like-minded Christians, the question should be, ‘How much of God’s resources in my care should I retain for myself, and not how much of my resources should I give to God’? Are you one of those great givers?

Quote: "Give to God more than you can spare."

Chɑllenge: "Would you keep Gods resources away from Him."

Prɑyer: "Teach me, LORD, to know who owns what."

Further Reɑding: 1 Chronicles 21:14-27

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Snub Satan by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:52am On Nov 25, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2019

Who Or What To Cut Off
TEXT: Mark 9:43-48

"And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched" (Mark 9:43).

A young Christian girl, who was stunned, recounted the shocking news she received that her friend and ‘Christian sister’ was delivered of a baby out of wedlock! Her hypocrite friend never mentioned anything to her; she only heard about it from a third party, six months after the inglorious incident. She was advised to break up from such relationship without delay.

The above story is a typical example of what today’s text infers. Any relationships, habits or indulgence that weakens our love for Christ and/or destroys our Christian convictions, must be promptly dispensed with, though they seem as important and/or as indispensable as the hand! Delay is both dangerous and destructive! An adage says, “You are known by the friends you keep,” Are there people in your life whose company often draws you to sin? They should be cut off. How about material things that you are so much attached to that they become sources of temptation to you? They may be ungodly music, movies and so on. Cut them off.

Quote: "They may be ungodly music, movies and so on."

Chɑllenge: "Dispense with evil before it destroys you."

Prɑyer: "Father, grant me the courage to cut off evil habits and friends."

Further Reɑding: Mark 9:43-48

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (117) (Reply)

Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.